shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat... might have cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cat. Duncan-- the one in my AV. My first born. My heart. We took him in for a teeth cleaning today. Vet just called he has a mass in nis jax ''midline'' they are biopsying it now. 3-4 days till the results. Just hte biopsy could weaken his already disintegrated jaw and it could break. It could be just chronic infections. It could be cancer. Mouth cancers are aggressive. Vet says. He would have to get his jaw resectioned-- if it''s early enough. Don''t know. He''s only 5. My baby. So worried.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

So sorry to hear about Duncan
39.gif
I hope you get the biopsy results soon and that they''re negative, or that treatment goes well...

I don''t have much advice to offer other than keep your chin up - veterinary medicine has made some pretty amazing advances.
Just hug him and make sure he knows you''re still there (which I''m SURE you''re already doing!)

I''ll be thinking of Duncan,

Best of luck,
Aussiegirl : p

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gypsy... I''m so sorry to hear this.

I''ll be thinking of you, and Duncan.

Hang in there....

widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s still in surgery Aussie.... I can''t wait to hold him.

Noel was bleeding from her rear on Friday so we had a scare then... her is really just an infection of her anal glads-- antibiotics and she''s fine. But this just blindsided me. Completely.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry Gypsy...You think you''re bringing your cat in for a routine dental cleaning (well, as "routine" as can be considering anesthesia is involved), and then you get a phone call like this
7.gif
...The only advice I can give you, as hard as it is when the doctor mentions even the possibility of cancer, is to try to stay positive. Hopefully this will turn out to be nothing serious, and Duncan will be just fine. You and Duncan are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Aussie Widget and Kerbaear. I"m grateful Duncan has your prayers and thoughts added to mine. He''s the best cat. And well... I love him.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope and pray that the resuslts are negative. I lost a treasured 19 year old cat to mouth cancer 2 years ago. The tumor kept growing back each time the visible part was removed, and it finally got to a point where the vet said her entire lower jaw would have to be removed and she would need chemo. I would never put a dear creature through a thing like that, so I decided to have her put to sleep. The vet agreed that it was the right decision.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, I just wanted to add how sorry I am and that I''m sending out positive thoughts for your cat. Please take extra care of yourself during this difficult time.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh baby Duncan, I hope it's not cancer and he's fine. Is this something they would only notice when doing a teeth cleaning due to the location?

Chloe is sending head butts and I'm sending thoughts and prayers. I just took her to the vet to get microchipped this morning. Maybe it's finally time for a teeth cleaning too.

Keep us posted.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy I''m so sorry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s out of surgery and they got two good biopsy samples. He''ll be on pain meds today, and we''ll know in a few days. She said that she took a closer look and the good news is that it''s the early stages, so evenif it is cancer there is a good chance of survival and remission. Thank you all so much for your support.

Madam Bijoux-- I''m sorry about your kitty, but I do think you made the right choice. The vet mentioned that they may have to remove part of his jaw... and I''m going to have to read up on that and how it impacts QOL... but he''s only 5!

We''re going to get him in another hour... so I''ll have him in my arms (no carrier today) soon. Poor baby. Won''t even understand why this is happening to him.
7.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I'm mostly a lurker but my heart goes out to you since I am a MAJOR cat lover. I hope your kitty will be ok, and am sending good thoughts his way. I had a cat who was only 5 1/2 who had cancer and three years ago we had another kitty who had Hepatic Lipidosis (fatty liver disease) who had just turned seven. It is sooo hard when you're worrying about them and waiting to hear news.

Oh just saw that if that if it's cancer it's in the early stages-that is good news.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry to hear about Duncan! I hope both of you pull through this all right. And never underestimate the strength in our little fur babies. My dog was diagnosed with stomach cancer and they told us he wouldn''t live more than a month or two. But he was not ready to give up and lived for over 2 years after that, and we treasured every day together. I''ll be thinking of you both.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well at least there is some comfort to ease your mind over the next few days....glad to hear it''s early stages if anything.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Since I have many, many Kitties in my life, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you at this moment. Keep us updated on his recovery.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am so very very sorry to hear this. the good news is that he is much loved and will have you to see him through this.

movie zombie

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gypsy, I am SO sorry to hear this... I have tears in my eyes thinking about how you must feel. Stay hopeful and know that Duncan is young enough to stay strong and healthy no matter what it turns out to be. But in the meantime, prayers and warm thoughts from both me and my kitty Maya!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh big hugs Gypsy. I pray that Duncan will be ok. I am so sorry to hear this.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
:{
prayer outgoing

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Gypsy...so sorry, but glad it''s early, whatever it is.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 2:30:12 PM
Author: mrssalvo
oh Gypsy...so sorry, but glad it''s early, whatever it is.
As a fellow cat lover/owner, I send you all the positive vibes and prayers possible from my dear Sammy (cat) and me.

Having gone through many crises with our beloved cats over the years, I know how you feel, but our feline babies are very stong-willed and they''re fighters even though they don''t really understand what''s wrong.

I''m not sure that your vet was wise in suggesting cancer as a possibility so early, but if it is indeed cancer, he found it early. There''s some satisfaction in that with advanced vet medicine available.

Duncan will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We brought him home-- he''s drugged but was hungry trusting and affectionate. Vet basically said that the chances that it is cancer are much higher than it not being cancer because of the hardness of the mass and the bone disintegration. The major thing is going to be type of cancer if he has it. His recovery depends on the type. And we won''t know that till Thursday, probably.

But he''s home. And our dog Jett who died of cancer 2 years ago never came home after we found out that something was wrong-- so I never got to hold him... or pamper him. So... even if it''s the worst case... at least Duncan''s home now. And I can spoil him. And hold him....

Thank you all for your thoughts and wishes. Means so much. Duncan, John and I appreciate it... and so do Hally, Noel, Frodo and Sheila. I''ll update when I have news... and well... I''ll probably be distracting myself on here quite a bit.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, I''m so sorry to hear about Duncan. Take good care of him, and I''ll keep him in my prayers.
17.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I''m so sorry to hear this. I''m glad that you can at least cuddle with the poor guy while you wait for news, and I really hope that he''ll be okay.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I''m not sure if you are from the Bay Area, but if you are I highly recommend the U.C. Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. They have a whole oncology department. We take our baby there and have always felt she has gotten the best of care there. Hopefully the biopsy will come back negative.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about Duncan, Gypsy. I hope that whatever is found, he responds well to treatment and is feeling much better soon. It is always so tough to have a health crisis for a cherished pet.

Unfortunately treating serious illness of a pet is not unfamiliar to me or my family. We lost our first family dog Casey to leukemia last spring, and I had to put down my best barn cat ever, a little black beastie named Jett, due to kidney failure just before then. My dear horse Taz was put down this May after a sudden colic emergency. In each case, we did everything we possibly could for them, gave them lots of love, and worked carefully with our vets to help the critters feel as good as we could. Catching anything in early stages is the best possible outcome, and I hope that Duncan will benefit from this earlier diagnosis. Is the other kitty (Noel) feeling better now?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy hang in there, it may not be as bad as you fear. Especially as if it is cancer it has been caught early - another benefit of regular dental exams for pets. Many of us know how you are feeling, it is always the waiting that is the worst part for me, I hate it - at least when you have the results you know what you are dealing with.

Prayers and head bonks to Duncan and hugs to you
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
(((gypsy&kitty))) healthy thoughts for your kitty!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh no! Hope it isn''t so......poor puss....thinking of you and your furry beings...

kind regards--Sharon

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
How is Duncan doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results