shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat lost in wall/ceiling/crawl space

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad Oreo found her way back to safety! :clap: I'd be going crazy with panic if that happened to my furbaby as well.

I'm confused though ... I thought you brought her back home a few weeks ago. Or was that a different kitteh?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear things have improved! :dance: Very relieved for you! :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cats also have a need to punish you by showing how upset with you they are (in addition to just being prone to hiding when scared/upset). Mine hides after vet visits and then refuses all overtures of love for a while. When I'm duly punished enough, he lets me know. You might just need to rebuild relationship for a while (with her snubbing you for a bit).

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Oreo and turkey!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad Oreo found her way back to safety! :clap: I'd be going crazy with panic if that happened to my furbaby as well.

I'm confused though ... I thought you brought her back home a few weeks ago. Or was that a different kitteh?

Not a different kitty. I announced she was coming home when I had a date to go get her, and today is her first day in my new home. I traveled 8 states down and 8 states back to get her and am very happy she is here.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Relief! Yes! Each time I moved, my cats would stay in a closet of the new place for a week. Felines are fickle -- they do not like change.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief! SOOOOO happy Oreo was finally enticed back out!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad she came out. I bet you can't wait to block that thing up...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you grabbed that pussy.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad to hear this, thank you for updating us! Big hugs to you and Oreo :clap::mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!! Big HUGS to you and dear sweet Oreo!!! What a huge relief!!!! :appl::appl::appl: I hope this morning Oreo decides she has tired of the wall game and decides to hang out with you in your new home outside of the walls.

And yes please block that wall so Oreo doesn't have the opportunity to hide there again. I am sure you would much prefer her hiding under the bed or sofa like most kitties. Our kitty Tommy hangs out in Greg's tool chest drawers and wow can they make themselves fit in the oddest spaces. Yup cats are weird and particular and hate change and that's why I love cats so much. Really identify with them.:cheeky:

HUGE HUGS to you and Oreo and hope the rest of the homecoming is happy and without incident!!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot, I am so relieved! I was so anxious to open my computer this morning! So funny to read about the deli turkey... my cat Kiki always went nuts if you got some deli turkey out of the fridge. Hope that things are progressing and the slow blinks are working and you are snuggling your sweet Oreo. I know how very upset you must have been. I am sure all of this was very hard on you both. I do agree with CMD, sometimes cats do like to show you that they are not happy with you. I had a Siamese that would always leave a nice little turd in my bed (under the comforter!) when I went away for a few days. :)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I left out a cheddar cheese cube and installed a private litter box area under the counter. There are dusty crawl space paw prints all over the bathtub. She's taken to hiding in the office for now. I admit I am really second guessing taking her out of a home where she was obviously fine. I hope we can have the same bond we did before.

LOL no pussy grabbing required, microwaved turkey and a hamburger bun sealed the deal :lol:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I left out a cheddar cheese cube and installed a private litter box area under the counter. There are dusty crawl space paw prints all over the bathtub. She's taken to hiding in the office for now. I admit I am really second guessing taking her out of a home where she was obviously fine. I hope we can have the same bond we did before.
LOL no pussy grabbing required, microwaved turkey and a hamburger bun sealed the deal :lol:

Most cats REALLY don't like change. We moved into our new house it took a few days for everyone to calm down. The first day, one of my cats just walked around screaming for hours and when I walked upstairs, the other three were huddled borrowed under the comforter. Hopefully Oreo will adjust. Have you ever heard of those Feliway diffuser or spray? It is synthetic pheromones that can help calm cats down. It works really well for some cats. Check out feliway.com. It is available in many stores that sell pet stuff.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot, I am so relieved! I was so anxious to open my computer this morning! So funny to read about the deli turkey... my cat Kiki always went nuts if you got some deli turkey out of the fridge. Hope that things are progressing and the slow blinks are working and you are snuggling your sweet Oreo. I know how very upset you must have been. I am sure all of this was very hard on you both. I do agree with CMD, sometimes cats do like to show you that they are not happy with you. I had a Siamese that would always leave a nice little turd in my bed (under the comforter!) when I went away for a few days. :)

This reminds me of a cat we had. As he got older, he didn't like DH and I leaving for more than a day. After a while, if we went away for a weekend, we would return to poo on the bathroom floor. This happened even if we had someone stop by and visit while we were gone. We called them "intentionals" because they definitely weren't accidents. :)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's play Find the Freaked Out Cat

IMG_0457.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww she will be ok. I spy an Oreo. :love: Give her some time to adapt to the new environment. You guys wil get back the bond you shared. Oreo is just freaked out now but she still loves you and your bond cannot be broken. Give her a bit of time and you will be the dynamic duo again. :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She'll be ok. I've had to move a bunch with my cats. They always HATE it for the first little bit, but then they adjust. After the first move, my tabby hid for 3 weeks in the cupboards above the fridge. I had no idea where he was but he was coming out to use the litter at night and eat, so I knew that he was ok. I found him when I started to unpack and went to put dishes away. He looked sheepish and came out. After that it was usually 2-3 days in each place for him to get settled. And he was the laid back one.

My other cat would hide, cringe, and refuse to come out of his safe room. But he was also always so angry at me for moving him that he'd yell at me from his safe room, refuse to let me touch him or comfort him in any way, and once he deliberately peed on the bed. He took out the pillows, the duvet, the mattress and the box spring (he had saved up enough to create a lake, despite my putting a litter box for him in his chosen safe room). The whole bed had to be replaced. This would usually work itself out in a couple of days.

My current boy is also a laid back tabby, but he was so skittish in the new house that my DH's clumping around scared him into running away as quickly as he could across the brand new hardwood to the basement (where he hid for a bit), leaving claw gouges the whole way. DH tries, but he is not sensitive to cat needs/signals, and he got too close to the poor cat (who had just come out of the bedroom and was starting to explore while walking in that crowched down fear stance that they do) while walking quickly and heavily. The poor cat lept into the air in full on panic mode and bolted. It was bad. But within a week he was acting like he owned the place.

So Oreo will be ok too. She just needs a bit of time and patience and love (when she's ready for it). She's best with you, even if that means adjusting to a new home.

P

PierreBear

Glad to hear the great news! Awesome! Btw, is that a picture of your cat in your avatar?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
She'll be fine. Most cats take a few days to adjust to a new home. Just go about your business so she see's everything is really "the same" and she'll get over it.

If you're new to the house, I'd give every area the once over to make sure there are no other problem spots. In the last hose we lived, I had no idea there was a small space under the bathroom cabinetry that a small cat could squeeze in to. One did and it took hours to get her out. Sealed that up immediately once she was out.

When the kittens were small, it was a daily battle trying to keep them out of things they weren't supposed to get in, like behind the refrigerator...over and over having to pull that thing out to get them til I found a way to block all access. Now they are thankfully too big (but have moved on to other more entertaining options like trees....).

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, so cute. Sounds like there are a lot of areas to explore in your new place. She'll be fine. Just needs some time to acclimate.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear the great news! Awesome! Btw, is that a picture of your cat in your avatar?
Yes! That's her. She's black and white with a very distinct heart on her back. I absolutely adore this cat.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww she will be ok. I spy an Oreo. :love: Give her some time to adapt to the new environment. You guys wil get back the bond you shared. Oreo is just freaked out now but she still loves you and your bond cannot be broken. Give her a bit of time and you will be the dynamic duo again. :appl:

The best sign I have seen is that she (not to be gross haha) never left me alone when I had to go to the bathroom. So as scared as she is, she will still this morning follow me into the bathroom and park herself underneath me when I have to "go" and then return to hiding. Progress?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best sign I have seen is that she (not to be gross haha) never left me alone when I had to go to the bathroom. So as scared as she is, she will still this morning follow me into the bathroom and park herself underneath me when I have to "go" and then return to hiding. Progress?

Definitely!:appl:
And lol our kitties do the same. Love following us into the bathroom haha. Frankie loves jumping onto the bowl when I flush and watching the water swirling around. :lol:

E B

Ideal_Rock

Progress! So glad she's out and safe.

P

PierreBear

Yes! That's her. She's black and white with a very distinct heart on her back. I absolutely adore this cat.

Beautiful! So unique!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finn and Maggie the Westies accompany me and the DH to the bathroom----you'll never pee alone :lol-2::mrgreen::lol: I usually am in the backyard with them when they are outside, the better to pick up any stuff and monitor their GI status. Good thing I don't have human offspring!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliott, Sooooo glad Oreo is safe and back where she belongs. You had to have been scared to death.

I hope you know all of us here have a soft spot in our hearts for this beautiful baby!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results