carat
color
clarity

Casual, every-day 3 stone diamond ring in platinum

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @marcy - I think so too! :))

@Sandeek - I'm totally with you re ease of wear. I LOVE pieces I don't have to baby. My daily dress code, too, is very casual, so big, ornate rings are largely out of place with what I mear on a day to day basis.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@valeria101 - I might go up a tad in size for my center stone (maybe as far as a 1 ct stone?) - but there's nothing I'm dying to change, or anything like that. 7mm on a size 3 finger with this sort of ring would give you a LOT of finger coverage. Size-wise, it's a lot bigger than a bezel, so needs a lot of room in the design for the diamond/s.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty and a carefree ring to wear! There is a lot to be said for a carefree diamond ring!!

Agreed, @MissGotRocks - I have enough on my plate without worrying about my jewelry!

@AllThingsSparkling - thank you! I love flush-set stones also! But I have to tell you - Mademoiselle Rashtu de Monterey (my bunny) is less than 2 years old and not at all raggedy! It's ok, tho - I covered her eyes when I was reading your post, so she is happily oblivious. :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True enough: 7 mm is close to unreasonable. There will be no other stones, but even so, I wouldn't want the sides of the ring to end up steep, like a box.
-
Re. your ring: 1 carat is not much change at all. I remember that your .95 is worth keeping ? There could be interesting sidestones, for sure ...

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t change a thing about this. If you really want to do this with your .95 then I say do a soli yellow gold version.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet, sassy and strong. :love:
Just like you mrs-b! Enjoy in good health!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring. I may copy it. I agree with the small but very high quality stone thing. I've been through 5-6 rings going up to 4 ct and I ended up selling all of them. Finally, I bought a Henrich Denzel ring with a .75 center stone that's D VVS1 and has some pave. That was what I needed all along. Anyway, the ring is lovely.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Catmom - I appreciate you saying it looks substantial enough to be a stand-alone ring, as that's how I most intend to wear it. I want it to function in the same way a plain band does (unfussy, safe, comfy), but to have a small degree of bling factor. The stone in it is a very beautiful E VS1 hearts and arrows cut - small, but eye-catching!

@diamondseeker2006 - I think this is a perfect 'wear with jeans' ring. And I'd love to see you get that Van Craeynest piece you've wanted for so long! I think smaller stones in their settings look fabulous; you wouldn't want to overshadow all that gorgeous pierced work! One of their bands is still on my wish list....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JDDN - casual and classic is my brief also. Not sure how close I get either..... :)

And thanks, @nala :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True enough: 7 mm is close to unreasonable. There will be no other stones, but even so, I wouldn't want the sides of the ring to end up steep, like a box.
-
Re. your ring: 1 carat is not much change at all. I remember that your .95 is worth keeping ? There could be interesting sidestones, for sure ...
I'd stay with the same sides. Going to a .95, you're right, is not a huge jump (and yes, it's a GORGEOUS stone - F VS2 H&A) - but it's half again where I am now, so I'm thinking about it.

Personally, I think the side stones back it - the charm of the ring is in the curve, which is why I'm not sure that, for my taste, I'd do it with a square-ish ring and with no sides; it would compromise the curve, and I think that would be a shame. But that's MY taste - to each his own.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t change a thing about this. If you really want to do this with your .95 then I say do a soli yellow gold version.

Well how can you POSSIBLY expect me not to want to go up in size, as soon as I saw your mother's 6mm beauty??! That ring is STUNNING. You're right, tho - I really am considering the yellow gold option.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very NICE! I like the uncluttered look and the surprise diamond at the back.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Love the design & ring @mrs-b!
Just received an antique 3 OMC gypsy ring myself for xmas.
Is this the beginning of a PS trend :D?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the design & ring @mrs-b!
Just received an antique 3 OMC gypsy ring myself for xmas.
Is this the beginning of a PS trend :D?

Well it definitely should be, @EC8 - pls post some pictures of yours, too; it sounds AWESOME!

And thank you, @Stone Hunter - easiest ring in the world to wear!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... the charm of the ring is in the curve, which is why I'm not sure that, for my taste, I'd do it with a square-ish ring and with no sides; it would compromise the curve, and I think that would be a shame. But that's MY taste - to each his own.

It certainly is a nice problem to tinker with - perhaps the reson why I am drawn to the deign ... I expect this ring to have a fairly particular shape, since the 'dome' may acquire some folds / ridges, to accomodate the shape of the stone (hence, no sides - they'd break the line of this ring). I have only seen one example done (just a picture) - if different from what I want in quite a few ways; so I trust the idea is possible & open to tinkering with.

Could draw ...

Last edited:

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Agreed, @MissGotRocks - I have enough on my plate without worrying about my jewelry!

@AllThingsSparkling - thank you! I love flush-set stones also! But I have to tell you - Mademoiselle Rashtu de Monterey (my bunny) is less than 2 years old and not at all raggedy! It's ok, tho - I covered her eyes when I was reading your post, so she is happily oblivious. :)
Oh no Mademoiselle Monterey!! I misspoke!!! I meant to type you are a lovely perfect Bunny, appearing wise beyond your years! Not raggedy, I meant ravishing! Long live MMMonteray!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Mademoiselle Monterey!! I misspoke!!! I meant to type you are a lovely perfect Bunny, appearing wise beyond your years! Not raggedy, I meant ravishing! Long live MMMonteray!

Laughing here....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! :love: Love that it’s so easy to wear too - lovely design and looks great on your hand!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous addition to your collection @mrs-b !!! I love me a solid ring with some bling and am really digging the gypsy setting! :lickout::appl:

@Niel :eek2:what an incredible find...the stone has beautiful faceting!!! You're such a good treasure hunter! I would love to find something similar :love:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great design. It looks so comfortable and easy to wear.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @junebug17 - not all styles look great on my hands (or anyone's, I suppose, if it comes to that). I like strong, substantial styles; delicate stuff tends to be lost on me.

Happy new year, @ac117 and thanks for your kind words! And I agree re @Niel - how does she find these things?!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is lovely yet looks sturdy for all activities. I especially love the way the band curves.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah MrsB your ring is beautiful, as all your jewelry is, Happy New Year.. :love::love:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This thread makes me happy ,-)

Happy New Year ! @mrs-b

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mrs-B, I have to come back here to tell you how much I love the flow of your band. And I also just realised why I like it so much. I'm getting a marquise currently and the dxxxxdb presentation of a marquise set east-west has sort of a similar flow to your band. I just love the soft, curvy look.

Can you please show us a photo of the underside of your setting? Are there azures to clean the pavilion of your diamonds? Thank you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Lookinagain - between us, I think you and I keep DKJ busy!! Happy new year to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results