shape
carat
color
clarity

Casual, every-day 3 stone diamond ring in platinum

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while back I had a 3 stone ring somewhat similar to this one. It utilized the same sides, but had a center half the size, so it was more of a wedding band with some flush set stones. The central shape of this one is more shield like, so it looks more like a diamond signet ring.

The sides are 2 x 6pt D/E VS stones, bought from GOG some years ago when they still cut signature stones of that size. They're of an Ascendancy quality. The center is a BN signature cut .63ct E VS1, and there is a 2pt stone at the back. The setting is platinum and quite solid.

It makes a good stand-alone ring; has some bling factor, while still being band-like, and has a very casual feel. I'm planning to get a curved diamond band to go under it, to dress it up and make it more wedding-ish. Worn alone, it's a great ring to wear if you want something with presence, but not too expensive, and something you can wear if you're using your hands - gym, gardening, cooking - or if you work in a profession like nursing, where you need something that won't catch or nick on other people or things. Very comfy ring.

20171228_151235_resized.jpg

20171228_151250_resized.jpg

20171228_151304_resized.jpg

20171228_151949_resized.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do enjoy having rings that are sturdy, not too blingy, and rather understated. But I love having high quality diamonds and I truly think small diamonds are just as beautiful as large diamonds if the quality is the same. So this ring, to me, is just as lovely as the larger stones I own. It's nice to have a range of sizes and options. :))

20171228_151806_resized.jpg

20171228_151814_resized.jpg

20171228_151908_resized.jpg

20171228_151840_resized.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, love this mrs-b! It's so simple & elegant!

I really need to pop over for a play date :twisted2:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Of course, that is 'Me' .-)

Reactions: AV_

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE IT
You and I are so alike in style it’s crazy. I just found my mom a soli gypsy set in gold. I of course tried it on and fell madly in love with it and nearly reset my stone I’m a gypsy (I know this upsets everyone)

They are so wearable and aggressively masculine in a way I find appealing.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did dk make this for you it’s giving me feelings again.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Alex T @valeria101 and @Niel -

Niel, yes, DKJ made this for me, though they didn't make the smaller, original band. Both bands are my own design and made to very specific specs.

I COMPLETELY agree with you re the 'aggressively masculine' thing, and this ring is actually a vague copy of my father's original signet ring, made with no diamonds and in rose gold, which he gave to my mother when they were dating. I loved the organic shape, and fiddled around with the design till I was able to implement diamonds for a more blingy look.

This ring would also look awesome, I think, with warm diamonds in yellow or rose gold, and it would be killer with a larger center stone.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! :love: The style walks the line between feminine and masculine. It's a really gorgeous and wearable ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to add - apparently I have a slight allergy to my gold tinsel Christmas tree. My hands went red and blotchy from trying to open and arrange the fronds, and a couple of them turned into cuts.

So - a word to the wise. And - seriously - who knew?? Attack of the killer Christmas tree! Ow!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Alex T @valeria101 and @Niel -

Niel, yes, DKJ made this for me, though they didn't make the smaller, original band. Both bands are my own design and made to very specific specs.

I COMPLETELY agree with you re the 'aggressively masculine' thing, and this ring is actually a vague copy of my father's original signet ring, made with no diamonds and in rose gold, which he gave to my mother when they were dating. I loved the organic shape, and fiddled around with the design till I was able to implement diamonds for a more blingy look.

This ring would also look awesome, I think, with warm diamonds in yellow or rose gold, and it would be killer with a larger center stone.

Well don’t hurt poor graces feelings she’s not that low in color she’s a J:lol:

My moms is about 6mm and I estimate a g or so, when comparing to my diamond. I don’t mean to barge in on your SMTB but I didn’t wanna make a thread and I just wanted you to see how darn similar it was

5FBC346F-6026-4B8E-9250-EAE6FB62682A.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well don’t hurt poor graces feelings she’s not that low in color she’s a J:lol:

My moms is about 6mm and I estimate a g or so, when comparing to my diamond. I don’t mean to barge in on your SMTB but I didn’t wanna make a thread and I just wanted you to see how darn similar it was

5FBC346F-6026-4B8E-9250-EAE6FB62682A.jpeg

Man, that's gorgeous!!

And Grace - my apologies! I actually meant more of the N+ color range, not your beautiful, J-colored self!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @elle_71125 - and I hope you're enjoying your beautiful new Henri Daussi!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @elle_71125 - and I hope you're enjoying your beautiful new Henri Daussi!

Aw, thank you. You make a girl feel special. :kiss2::lol-2:

I don't know how I missed it but I wanted to add that I LOVE that little diamond in the back. That's such a pretty touch! DK does great work.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. So bold and cool, and freakin’ indestructible. Yeah you could totally wear that at the gym and probably lift weights too. You would just bang up the band a bit but the diamonds would be fine.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b, your ring is perfectly beautiful/beautifully perfect!!!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So simple and pretty, and I think a curved diamond band would be the perfect complement!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man....this is making me want a gypsy set ring with a large center (has to be in yellow gold due to my YG fever) :geek2:. I love how your ring tapers to the center stone.....it just works so beautifully. It looks SO easy to wear which I LOVE!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love it. I am partial to bezel set though for ease of wear! Enjoy it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. So bold and cool, and freakin’ indestructible. Yeah you could totally wear that at the gym and probably lift weights too. You would just bang up the band a bit but the diamonds would be fine.

I agree! I love that it's SO sturdy - but not lumpy or heavy looking. I think I'll get a bunch of wear out of it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@valeria101 - yes I do! I have a .95ct stone I might set in this style. I LOVE it!

@Starfacet - thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it. :)

@Ally66 - Thanks for saying that. I really want to put a diamond band with it, but wondered if it was the right thing for this ring. Thanks for the encouragement!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man....this is making me want a gypsy set ring with a large center (has to be in yellow gold due to my YG fever) :geek2:. I love how your ring tapers to the center stone.....it just works so beautifully. It looks SO easy to wear which I LOVE!!!!

@JDDN -

Yes! Don't you think that a lot of rings, while beautiful, are just sort of more...formal...that one might prefer? I love casual looking jewelry. Casual, but classy. I love that 'uncluttered' look, if you know what I mean.

And I think a yellow gold version would look gorgeous and very lush! Just saying.... :saint:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@valeria101 - yes I do! I have a .95ct stone I might set in this style. I LOVE it!

Would you change anything of the current design ?

_

I am thinking through the details of a somewhat similar ring - the feel of size & shape ... - for a square diamond set with the diagonals accross & along the finger , perhaps up to 7 mm (size 3).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty and a carefree ring to wear! There is a lot to be said for a carefree diamond ring!!

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I do enjoy having rings that are sturdy, not too blingy, and rather understated. But I love having high quality diamonds and I truly think small diamonds are just as beautiful as large diamonds if the quality is the same. So this ring, to me, is just as lovely as the larger stones I own. It's nice to have a range of sizes and options. :))

20171228_151806_resized.jpg

20171228_151814_resized.jpg

20171228_151908_resized.jpg

20171228_151840_resized.jpg

very cool ring! I love flush set stones. I also love your old raggedy bunny (I have one too sitting in the closet, cant part with it. My oldest friend!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice mrs-b! It really is a good thing to have different sizes. It does look substantial as a stand alone ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very pretty, mrsb! I absolutely agree that nice quality diamonds are beautiful in all sizes! I still think about getting a smaller diamond for a Van Craeynest setting...that's been on my wishlist for a very long time. I also agree about simplicity. I rarely wear more fancy pieces, even though I appreciate their style or workmanship. I really have to stick to wearable pieces, because I really am dressed extremely casually 98% of the time! So I am very much on the same page of having various sizes for different occasions, and timeless styles have always been my preference, too!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JDDN -

Yes! Don't you think that a lot of rings, while beautiful, are just sort of more...formal...that one might prefer? I love casual looking jewelry. Casual, but classy. I love that 'uncluttered' look, if you know what I mean.

And I think a yellow gold version would look gorgeous and very lush! Just saying.... :saint:

Casual but classy.....that is perfect!! That is what I aspire to be, but probably don't quite fulfill that description :confused2:. I have the casual down.....:mrgreen2:. I too adore the 'uncluttered look' and it speaks to me aesthetically.

Yes....a yellow gold version....things to think about ;)2.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love this ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results