shape
carat
color
clarity

Casting from Costume Jewelry?

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
Happy Holidays PSers!!

Hopefully posting in right spot, but if not, admin, please kindly move.

Cleaning my jewelry box and came across a really cute little buddha slide I purchased at a street fair a while back. I love this little guy but unfortunately it is made of base metal and its starting to emit that awful metallic smell. I really want to remake this tiny buddha in precious metal, is this something that can be done? Thanks in advance!!

IMG_0953.jpeg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Holidays PSers!!

Hopefully posting in right spot, but if not, admin, please kindly move.

Cleaning my jewelry box and came across a really cute little buddha slide I purchased at a street fair a while back. I love this little guy but unfortunately it is made of base metal and its starting to emit that awful metallic smell. I really want to remake this tiny buddha in precious metal, is this something that can be done? Thanks in advance!!

IMG_0953.jpeg

I will be watching this with interest
I have a brooch of my grandma's i have adored since i was a little girl
She used to wear it on a green coat dress in the mid 70s

I'll have to get it made in silver because its a bigger piece and would require way too much gold
I was just going to bowl into the local jewler and ask ?

(I have a lot of projects in the wings all waiting on $$$$$)

Screenshot_20201230-111401.png

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
I will be watching this with interest
I have a brooch of my grandma's i have adored since i was a little girl
She used to wear it on a green coat dress in the mid 70s

I'll have to get it made in silver because its a bigger piece and would require way too much gold
I was just going to bowl into the local jewler and ask ?

(I have a lot of projects in the wings all waiting on $$$$$)

Lovely brooch and I think it's a great idea! Hope we get some hits! And ditto on the multitude of projects in mind, but lacking $$$$ haha :razz:

I tried doing a quick search but can't seem to find a thread on this topic, but I'm sure it's been asked before. Wanted to get some insight before trekking out there.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely brooch and I think it's a great idea! Hope we get some hits! And ditto on the multitude of projects in mind, but lacking $$$$ haha :razz:

I tried doing a quick search but can't seem to find a thread on this topic, but I'm sure it's been asked before. Wanted to get some insight before trekking out there.

I love your buddha
Purely for sentimentality as almost a side project id be also tempered to see how much it would cost to regold plate

i like the idea of getting grandma's brooch gold plated as well as the silver version but i don't think its actually gold coloured to start with

now we just both have to win lotto and start knocking these projects off

i read somewhere that Elizebth Taylor had a real piece made off a costume piece given to her by one of her husbands that she really loved so we are in good and glamours company

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i read somewhere that Elizebth Taylor had a real piece made off a costume piece given to her by one of her husbands that she really loved so we are in good and glamours company

It's a true story! She wrote about it in her jewelry book. She had a beloved pair of paste earrings that she wore all the time, and her husband took it to a jeweler to have them remade with diamonds. The next time she put them on, she told her husband there was something wrong with her earrings; they felt different than before. He told her all about it and now I'm convinced that Liz Taylor had a magic chacha.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's a true story! She wrote about it in her jewelry book. She had a beloved pair of paste earrings that she wore all the time, and her husband took it to a jeweler to have them remade with diamonds. The next time she put them on, she told her husband there was something wrong with her earrings; they felt different than before. He told her all about it and now I'm convinced that Liz Taylor had a magic chacha.

"But Burton couldn't ignore her beauty, humorously writing, “Her breasts were apocalyptic, they would topple empires down before they withered. Indeed, her body was a miracle of construction and the work of an engineer of genius.”

Oh, but it was. It was!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results