shape
carat
color
clarity

Casey Anthony trial...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Last night Drew Pinsky said Caylee was Casey's SECOND pregnancy, that she miscarried a baby before Caylee. Don't know how reliable he is, haven't heard that before -- but if so, Wow!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Casey was fairly promiscuous. She had a lot of boyfriends--which probably means she had a lot of sex. She wasn't a responsible person in any other aspect of her life, so would it shock me to learn she was having unsafe sex? No. Would it surprise me to learn she had multiple unwanted pregnancies? Not a bit. I actually had heard that she became pregnant again after Caylee...and that she miscarried then. It's also said that she was this mega drama queen about it--breaking down at a "no clothes" party, sobbing about losing her baby with some random named Brandon...yet, Caylee was alive and well--at home or "somewhere" while Casey partied.

I'm not saying a miscarriage isn't an awful, traumatic, heart breaking thing...but if ever there was a woman who shouldn't have more children...ding, ding, ding...we have our winner. Thank God there weren't two babies subjected to Casey's style of parenting--one was by far and away bad enough.

But the truth is, when it involves Casey, we'll never know what the real truth is--ironic isn't it, the only truth is that we'll never know the truth, that's just sad. She can say or claim whatever she wants, but she's such a pathological liar it won't matter...no one can believe her anyway. Even if what we hear comes from a friend and not directly from Casey herself--if Casey had any part in recounting the story at some point ever, it's automatically BS.

I watched Dr. Drew last night as well. One part of the show kind of bothered me, though. When he was talking about how Googling Chlorophyll will prompt a search for Chloroform and you'll be directed to how to make it. He made it sound very 1-2-3 like it could have been a complete accident--which it wasn't, or so many of us believe.

However...

Let us not forget that Google works on a sliding scale of popularity. It autofills what people are searching when you start to type a familiar sentence or phrase. How many of us duplicated Cindy's supposed search? I'm guessing, based on the high media coverage and popularity of the case and the total bombshell her testimony was, plenty. Plenty enough for the search to creep up the ranks at Google. I wish Dr. Drew--who I do find offers an interesting take on this case--had made mention of.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see the GvS interview last night? This was the 2nd of the 2 part interview.

From what the foreman was saying, it really sounds like part of the final verdict came from people being unable (or unwilling?) to believe that a mother could hurt her own child. He actually said this!
I know that it is an awful thought but there have been other women who have done this before!

The initial vote (done the first evening) was 10-2. One of the 2 was "wavering" but one was "adament". These votes were done openly. They did not do any sort of secret voting. I wonder if the 2 were actually convinced of the not-guilty verdict or if they finally just voted with everyone else to keep the peace? (I would imagine that even the most even-tempered person would be a bit snippy after more than a month away from family/home/work)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch the last half of the interview, I've found myself--listening to the jurors justify their verdict and explain it--has make me pretty disgusted.

If he really said "we couldn't imagine a mother doing that to her child"...and that was reason for the not guilty, everything else aside...that makes me physically ill. LITERALLY SICK. Because they "couldn't imagine" they let her go free? REALLY?! That's an effing joke if ever there was one. That's not something to disbelieve--welcome to the real world. Just because 12 people couldn't wrap their minds around it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It's very, very hard for me to imagine that, of all those people and the very serious nature of this case, no one needed to lean on evidence to make a choice. The one who was adamant, well, I'm sure there were a lot of cranky, tired people breathing down his/her neck...and keeping the peace, going home, it probably all sounded very enticing. I'm sure he or she went back to the room at night and took a good long look at what he/she was against. I wish they would have held firm--of course--hung that jury...but we all know peer pressure is alive and well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't stomach watching the interview with the attorney after listening to the foreman.

Last night I just kept thinking that I must have mis-heard... he couldn't have said that! But it was clear. I wasn't reading between the lines or interpreting anything. He just said it.

I'm hoping one of the people here saw the interview and can tell me I heard wrong. It had been a long day. I REALLY want to have heard him wrong.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have to wonder - so many of you keep saying how "ill" this makes you, and how you feel "sick to your stomach." Why are you torturing yourselves by continuing to follow something that clearly does not suit you?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1310581465|2968199 said:
I have to wonder - so many of you keep saying how "ill" this makes you, and how you feel "sick to your stomach." Why are you torturing yourselves by continuing to follow something that clearly does not suit you?

Maybe the thrill from the dramz helps dampen the illness?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1310583053|2968214 said:

HAH - perhaps!

As someone that processes paperwork for injured, beaten, or deathly ill children on a daily basis...I don't get how anyone could WANT to read this stuff every day.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1310573493|2968098 said:
I couldn't stomach watching the interview with the attorney after listening to the foreman.

Last night I just kept thinking that I must have mis-heard... he couldn't have said that! But it was clear. I wasn't reading between the lines or interpreting anything. He just said it.

I'm hoping one of the people here saw the interview and can tell me I heard wrong. It had been a long day. I REALLY want to have heard him wrong.

I'm watching the interview now. The foreman said that the motive wasn't good enough. He said "they found it hard to believe a mother would kill their child so they could go out and party"

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MonkeyPie|1310583440|2968221 said:

HAH - perhaps!

As someone that processes paperwork for injured, beaten, or deathly ill children on a daily basis...I don't get how anyone could WANT to read this stuff every day.

????
Aren't you reading it here?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1310585620|2968250 said:

HAH - perhaps!

????

No. I posted near the beginning because I had heard nothing about the case, but beyond cursory details, I haven't followed it. And that's not what I'm asking anyway - I'm asking why it's CONTINUING when they are complaining about how it makes them feel.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think it has to do with the old battle of Good vs. Evil. This one definitely wears the black hat. Usually issues aren't so clear cut -- and to some, including the jury, that's true here. To the rest, it's a real live fable with the wrong ending.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1310584911|2968240 said:
TooPatient|1310573493|2968098 said:

I'm watching the interview now. The foreman said that the motive wasn't good enough. He said "they found it hard to believe a mother would kill their child so they could go out and party"

Wow. Haven't people killed for far less before? Isn't it always the same thing when someone if found robbed and killed and all the prep got was like $5 or $10 bucks? Aren't people left stupefied over the magnitude of the crime and small gain? It happens all the time, so unless these jurors steer clear of the news in general...that feels like a PC answer.

I think motive is so subjective. Everyone places value on different things. I personally couldn't imagine valuing anything higher than parenthood--but, I'm sure that's not universal. Casey would leave that child in a heartbeat for a party any day of the week. She wanted so badly to go to PR for an extended vacation, leaving Caylee with her parents or God knows where, but Cindy wouldn't hear of it. And that's the thing. You can't paint "motive" with a broad brush, it's an individual thing. Where did Casey place her priorities...what came first for her...what stood in the way of what she wanted? Those are the questions to answer. You can't paint it in the light of everything else or even what you believe to be true...the jurors should have looked at Casey as an individual and this case as it's own entity. If they wanted proof, all they had to do was look at how she spent the 31 days...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1310589309|2968294 said:

HAH - perhaps!

????

No. I posted near the beginning because I had heard nothing about the case, but beyond cursory details, I haven't followed it. And that's not what I'm asking anyway - I'm asking why it's CONTINUING when they are complaining about how it makes them feel.

Well, some of us have followed the case from the beginning. We just want to talk it out--figure it out.

I think it's good that people feel disgust over things like this, healthy...I think it's important to have solid conversation about this. I'd assume, as someone who encounters things like this all day/every day, you'd appreciate the awareness this case has brought, and the closer attention people are playing to the plight of children in general. I would hope this would make you feel like those hours you spend working for the needs of children are being appreciated. That the country, as a whole, is gaining awareness. That maybe, by pulling this case apart, we can stop it from happening again to someone else.

And yes, of course it evokes disgust and outrage. A little girl died and no one is being held accountable, that's disgusting and outrageous by nature--but that doesn't mean you just "turn it off". Now, we're hearing what went into deciding that the little girls mother bares not responsibility (legally) for what happened. And as it turns out, we're able to punch holes in what was said and how the conclusion was drawn. It's just a conversation--same as every other thread all over this forum.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Casey was subpoenaed (sp?) for an interview by Equusearch! I hope they televise it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1310589309|2968294 said:

HAH - perhaps!

????

Well, MonkeyPie, the same question could be asked as to who could do this for a living on a daily basis? How could someone WANT to read this stuff everyday in their job? But thank goodness there are those such as you that are willing to do so, so that children will be noticed, protected and saved. Unlike little Caylee, who was never noticed, never protected, and in her death, we mourn that justice was not served to the hand that caused her pain and death.

Making fun of those who are suffering because of the verdict, is in no one's best interest. If you don't like how people feel, that's fine, but they are entitled to vent as they need, in a thread that is devoted to a little girl who undoubtedly died a horrific death. And THAT, is very sad and disheartening, and definitely worth talking about, no matter how it makes one feel.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Lanie|1310596166|2968374 said:
Casey was subpoenaed (sp?) for an interview by Equusearch! I hope they televise it.

Thank God. They should, the search for Caylee was 40% of their annual budget, taking precious funds away from other cases that could have benefited from the extra manpower. I mean, if Casey claims that Caylee was dead from day 1...then it was truly a wasted effort or in Casey's words "waste...calling you guys? huge waste". She should be held accountable for the money and effort that went into finding her daughter, after all, according to her it was all just a lie. She can't have it both ways. Sorry.

And Zenida has filed a civil suit as well, claiming she all but ruined her life. Casey not only gave her full name, but the color of car and a bunch of other details that were spot on. Zenida says it has scarred her reputation and she lost her job and eventually her home because of it.

What's that saying? Pay now or pay later? Well, it's later.... :Up_to_something: .

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I guess, hlmr, because my job serves a purpose is how I can do it every day. But I don't have to SEE the babies, either, which makes it a lot easier to pretend it's an adult and sort of move out of my "sympathetic mama" zone. I hope everyone is getting out of it what they must be needing.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MonkeyPie|1310607529|2968439 said:
I guess, hlmr, because my job serves a purpose is how I can do it every day. But I don't have to SEE the babies, either, which makes it a lot easier to pretend it's an adult and sort of move out of my "sympathetic mama" zone. I hope everyone is getting out of it what they must be needing.

MonkeyPie, maybe I can help you understand. People continue to talk about something they find unsavory for the same reason that you are continuing to check out this thread. Sometimes we just can't believe that people don't see things/act the way we do so we feel the need to discuss it. This is exactly what you are doing now. You can't believe people are talking about something so unsavory but you are reading their posts and contributing your opinion of their behavior -- even though you claim to not be all that interested in the topic. Pretty interesting, huh? I know, I know, sometimes it's so hard to Just. Step. Away. But, if you just can't -- at least you are getting what you need out of this.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1310607337|2968436 said:

Thank God. They should, the search for Caylee was 40% of their annual budget, taking precious funds away from other cases that could have benefited from the extra manpower. I mean, if Casey claims that Caylee was dead from day 1...then it was truly a wasted effort or in Casey's words "waste...calling you guys? huge waste". She should be held accountable for the money and effort that went into finding her daughter, after all, according to her it was all just a lie. She can't have it both ways. Sorry.

And Zenida has filed a civil suit as well, claiming she all but ruined her life. Casey not only gave her full name, but the color of car and a bunch of other details that were spot on. Zenida says it has scarred her reputation and she lost her job and eventually her home because of it.

What's that saying? Pay now or pay later? Well, it's later.... :Up_to_something: .

How did Casey know any of that?!?!?!?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1310609286|2968464 said:

MonkeyPie, maybe I can help you understand. People continue to talk about something they find unsavory for the same reason that you are continuing to check out this thread. Sometimes we just can't believe that people don't see things/act the way we do so we feel the need to discuss it. This is exactly what you are doing now. You can't believe people are talking about something so unsavory but you are reading their posts and contributing your opinion of their behavior -- even though you claim to not be all that interested in the topic. Pretty interesting, huh? I know, I know, sometimes it's so hard to Just. Step. Away. But, if you just can't -- at least you are getting what you need out of this.

No need to be catty - I certainly wasn't. :rolleyes:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP. I understand where you were coming from... Where is the Like button here... I am out of my element...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

More like Nancy Grace and her acolytes get off on the drama and intrigue swirling around a dead child and her slutty mother. Nothing brings people together like trashing someone else.

To each her own! Like my sister tells my nieces: Everybody's different! If we were all the same, it would be pretty boring. ;))

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1310609458|2968467 said:

No need to be catty - I certainly wasn't. :rolleyes:

Catty? No. Judgmental? Yes.

I am loud and clear on the fact that many people either don't care or agree with the verdict. But, I do care and I don't agree with the verdict...and others, obviously, feel the same. So what's the real agenda behind coming in here only to point out that we're drama driven or gluttons for the sick and twisted?

I can tell you, flat out, there are threads that pop up all the time on this forum that I could care less about, or totally disagree with. And you know what? When I feel that way about something being said--no matter how popular... I just don't post. Because what would the point be in posting anything negative when others are taking something away from it? Nothing. Nada. It's just not worth it. If someone can take away something from a thread--be it positive, or affirming, or even just the kick in the pants they need--that's the whole point of a forum. So....

Will we ever (and when I say "we"..I'm referring to the posters who feel the verdict was unfair and are angry that CA will be walking the streets, enjoying the freedoms we all have and profiting off the death of her daughter) be satisfied with what we learn here? No. Probably not. Our satisfaction evaded us when the jury handed down a Not Guilty verdict. Now, we're just trying to make sense of that. This is just a conversation about a current event...same as any other current event thread. It's sad and it's disturbing...and that's real life.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Lanie|1310609345|2968465 said:
Italiahaircolor|1310607337|2968436 said:

How did Casey know any of that?!?!?!?

From what I understand, Zenidia did apply for housing at the Saw Grass Apartments. When that was, I don't know. That's the same place where the majority of Casey's friends lived.

How she managed to get that information? I have no idea. I guess that will come out during the civil case. But, if I had to guess--and it would be only a guess, honestly--I'd think maybe she snagged the application. I can't imagine anyone having that much dumb luck. Unless, of course, their paths crossed at some point...but even that, Zenida was older and didn't travel the same circuit CA did. So, who knows?

I heard that Zenida's atty filed an emergency motion allowing him to depose CA in jail tomorrow. They are worried that CA is going to just take off and not show for the scheduled deposition. But now, with ES's case pending, I don't know how realistic it is that CA could go far away.

ETA: When CA is deposed, she CANNOT plead the 5th, unless she is planning to appeal her convictions. She MUST answer all the questions...even the really hard ones....wonder if she lies and they can prove it if she would face perjury charges?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
And I guess everyone is taking Zenaida's word for it? What if she was lying? I didn't hear her in court, so I don't know anything more about her. Wow. That's crazy. I wonder how Casey figured out all of this personal info about her, and WHY her.

And I take this with a grain of salt, but I read today that she is moving to Houston. Had heard she was, then she wasn't, that she might go to PR or LA or Miami, but now that she is going to Texas "for sure". I'm in Houston!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Zenaida is only saying that CA effected her life negatively with the lies she told...she was never in court for the trial. So, yeah, I guess everyone is believing her...unless, of course, CA has some explanation.

As for where she's going...I'll be in PR in 9 days for a week and a half...I'll give her our regards if I bump into her :angryfire: . They've said the Baez has "protected her" from a lot of the backlash and that she may not really know how the public feels about her or how deep it goes. Houston was mentioned because Cindy has family there...PR, because Baez has family there. No doubt she's going to run...but where?

It was also mentioned today that Casey might have turned Cindy away because of the Sunshine law in FL. If they had met, it would have been recorded and of course released. I could see Casey wanting to keep her mouth shut right now because, if she is planning a tell all interview or book deal, the relationship and reconciliation would--no doubt--be a highlight. The more she can keep off camera right now, the bigger splash she can make later on.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think she'll really be able to keep her location unknown? I would imagine that photos taken of her after her release this weekend will fetch a pretty high price due to the current high interest. I wonder how she will be able to escape the cameras. I don't understand what kind of protection she's going to have; is she actually going to be under police protection after her release? Will paparazzi and that sort be allowed to take pictures of her?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italiahaircolor|1310613502|2968519 said:
Zenaida is only saying that CA effected her life negatively with the lies she told...she was never in court for the trial. So, yeah, I guess everyone is believing her...unless, of course, CA has some explanation.

As for where she's going...I'll be in PR in 9 days for a week and a half...I'll give her our regards if I bump into her :angryfire: . They've said the Baez has "protected her" from a lot of the backlash and that she may not really know how the public feels about her or how deep it goes. Houston was mentioned because Cindy has family there...PR, because Baez has family there. No doubt she's going to run...but where?

It was also mentioned today that Casey might have turned Cindy away because of the Sunshine law in FL. If they had met, it would have been recorded and of course released. I could see Casey wanting to keep her mouth shut right now because, if she is planning a tell all interview or book deal, the relationship and reconciliation would--no doubt--be a highlight. The more she can keep off camera right now, the bigger splash she can make later on.

Now does that mean that you'll be ready to carry out "vigilante justice?" Because it sounds like you might...and from everything you've stated in this thread it sounds like you're ready to kill Casey Anthony. Just sayin'....you might want to check yourself, Italia. I mean, I'm sure you said what you meant and you meant what you said, but still...those are fightin' words. Have fun in Puerto Rico! :wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1310621015|2968576 said:
Do you think she'll really be able to keep her location unknown? I wonder how she will be able to escape the cameras. I don't understand what kind of protection she's going to have; is she actually going to be under police protection after her release?

She doesn't want to escape the cameras. She feeds off the attention: people who were around her while she was out on bail say she was constantly concerned about how she looked, where the photogs were, and disappointed when helicopters ceased flying over her house. Lack of attention is the worst punishment for a narcissist.

I heard that she won't get any protection once she's out. If she wants bodyguards, she'll have to hire them. Oh, geeze, I shudder to imagine the goings-on with them, groan!

Last night I was talking w/a friend about forums. She avoids them because people feel free to say things they would never say to someone's face. Personal judgmental posts only reflect on the poster. Maybe think about that, anybody who feels snarky, ok?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results