shape
carat
color
clarity

Casey Anthony trial...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1310629668|2968602 said:
Now does that mean that you'll be ready to carry out "vigilante justice?" Because it sounds like you might...and from everything you've stated in this thread it sounds like you're ready to kill Casey Anthony. Just sayin'....you might want to check yourself, Italia. I mean, I'm sure you said what you meant and you meant what you said, but still...those are fightin' words. Have fun in Puerto Rico! :wavey:

OMG, you're right...that's exactly what I meant...only now, I've left a trail...maybe my mom will cover for me and say she posted that reply ::fingers crossed:: :rolleyes:

Honestly, for someone who claims to watch no television, you're sounding a lot like a bad episode of Law and Order. Do I really strike you as the type to murder someone? Even after my, very obvious, outrage over a senseless murder? Let me answer that for you...I'm not the type to condone killing--anyone, ever. I care about the case, that much is true--and I've made no secret about it...but I wouldn't ever take things into my own hands, I would never forfeit my own life to prove something. To assume otherwise is foolish nonsense, Monarch. You're searching, and that's fine...search away...but your assumptions or implications are disgustingly off base, so consider that next time you think it's appropriate to make bold, egregious statements. Or, In your words...check yourself.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1310621015|2968576 said:
Do you think she'll really be able to keep her location unknown? I would imagine that photos taken of her after her release this weekend will fetch a pretty high price due to the current high interest. I wonder how she will be able to escape the cameras. I don't understand what kind of protection she's going to have; is she actually going to be under police protection after her release? Will paparazzi and that sort be allowed to take pictures of her?

Not in the least...but I also agree with Jewelfreak, she won't want too. Her bodyguard from before has said that Casey was fascinated by the media coverage and would count the news vans, helicopters and reporters out front--when the weather was bad and not as many people showed up, she was disappointed.

Even if she could just go away and hide out and change her name and face...she wouldn't want too. At least, probably, at first. She's going to want to cash in for as long as she can. I mean, look at how she showed up to court on sentencing day? All trial she was total schoolmarm--hair tied back, ill fitting clothes, pale, drawn, no makeup...then, when she thinks she's walking out of jail, she lets her hair down, wears a fitted sweater, puts on a little makeup, suddenly sitting at even level with her attorneys. This is a role for Casey, she's acting and playing the camera...

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if I've ever seen a thread where people picked on the posters so much. Part of the "contract" we signed when we joined Pricescope was to keep things positive. We've already been warned once. I've tried to keep out of the stirring of the pot, but guys, come on! :halo:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Lanie|1310648125|2968692 said:
I don't know if I've ever seen a thread where people picked on the posters so much. Part of the "contract" we signed when we joined Pricescope was to keep things positive. We've already been warned once. I've tried to keep out of the stirring of the pot, but guys, come on! :halo:

Ditto this. Maybe it was misconstrued, but I just asked why everyone was torturing themselves with this case - it seems like a stressful hobby, to me. I have no idea why everyone gets so uppity when questioned about this case. Everyone who came in with a differing opinion has been quickly shot down in a blaze of ridiculous.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1310648392|2968697 said:

Ditto this. Maybe it was misconstrued, but I just asked why everyone was torturing themselves with this case - it seems like a stressful hobby, to me. I have no idea why everyone gets so uppity when questioned about this case. Everyone who came in with a differing opinion has been quickly shot down in a blaze of ridiculous.

I think that pendulum definitely swings both ways. Both sides have people who really believe they're right and want their opinions to be heard. But, I think this thread has gotten off track, in so much as it got personal along the way--which, it shouldn't. Then, of course, it turns into the nasty back and forth, people calling each other names, barely disguised insults, snarky comments, accusations are thrown around...and then it gets really personal and you can't un-ring that bell.

But, the really sick part is, at the end of the day...this is all still about a little girl who died--but that message gets totally lost in the delivery. We, as adults, should be able to have civil conversations where we all remain level headed and evenly keeled so that, no matter what you believe about this case, the real message remains front and center and clear. And I'll own the fact that I don't practice that--but I will remind myself to try harder because this isn't about anyone but Caylee.

I really hope we all can turn this back around so that the discussion can continue.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1310651949|2968722 said:

I think that pendulum definitely swings both ways. Both sides have people who really believe they're right and want their opinions to be heard. But, I think this thread has gotten off track, in so much as it got personal along the way--which, it shouldn't. Then, of course, it turns into the nasty back and forth, people calling each other names, barely disguised insults, snarky comments, accusations are thrown around...and then it gets really personal and you can't un-ring that bell.

But, the really sick part is, at the end of the day...this is all still about a little girl who died--but that message gets totally lost in the delivery. We, as adults, should be able to have civil conversations where we all remain level headed and evenly keeled so that, no matter what you believe about this case, the real message remains front and center and clear. And I'll own the fact that I don't practice that--but I will remind myself to try harder because this isn't about anyone but Caylee.

I really hope we all can turn this back around so that the discussion can continue.

Yeah, lengthy posts about how slutty Casey Anthony is make it hard to believe that Caylee is what everyone in this thread is really concerned about at this point. Just be honest-you love the intrigue and the drama. Pretending it's all about Caylee and then going on and on about things that have absolutely nothing to do with her is disingenuous. That's why The Onion article is so perfect.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1310613502|2968519 said:
Zenaida is only saying that CA effected her life negatively with the lies she told...she was never in court for the trial. So, yeah, I guess everyone is believing her...unless, of course, CA has some explanation.

As for where she's going...I'll be in PR in 9 days for a week and a half...I'll give her our regards if I bump into her :angryfire: . They've said the Baez has "protected her" from a lot of the backlash and that she may not really know how the public feels about her or how deep it goes. Houston was mentioned because Cindy has family there...PR, because Baez has family there. No doubt she's going to run...but where?

It was also mentioned today that Casey might have turned Cindy away because of the Sunshine law in FL. If they had met, it would have been recorded and of course released. I could see Casey wanting to keep her mouth shut right now because, if she is planning a tell all interview or book deal, the relationship and reconciliation would--no doubt--be a highlight. The more she can keep off camera right now, the bigger splash she can make later on.

Now does that mean that you'll be ready to carry out "vigilante justice?" Because it sounds like you might...and from everything you've stated in this thread it sounds like you're ready to kill Casey Anthony. Just sayin'....you might want to check yourself, Italia. I mean, I'm sure you said what you meant and you meant what you said, but still...those are fightin' words. Have fun in Puerto Rico! :wavey:

I think it's totally fair for anyone and everyone to give the girl an earful of what she is.

That being said, I highly doubt many will see her. She'll hide out for a bit until she figures out what interviews she wants to do and where she wants to show up. If she's smart enough to have gotten through all this as she has, then she's smart enough to do that.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1310655785|2968770 said:

Yeah, lengthy posts about how slutty Casey Anthony is make it hard to believe that Caylee is what everyone in this thread is really concerned about at this point. Just be honest-you love the intrigue and the drama. Pretending it's all about Caylee and then going on and on about things that have absolutely nothing to do with her is disingenuous. That's why The Onion article is so perfect.

I agree with Lanie's post! ::)

ETA: And, I'd strongly suggest (to those posters who wish to continue discussing the case) not responding to the not-so-transparent posts of the pot-stirrers. I'm sure there's another place where they can discuss their "issues" if needed. :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the parents of missing children would have any standing to file a suit against her? She did allow a massively expensive and time consuming search for her daughter knowing she was already dead. How many children could have been found with those efforts put to better use? How many children may have died during that time who may have been found alive if resources weren't all dedicated to this lie?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1310656806|2968784 said:
I wonder if the parents of missing children would have any standing to file a suit against her? She did allow a massively expensive and time consuming search for her daughter knowing she was already dead. How many children could have been found with those efforts put to better use? How many children may have died during that time who may have been found alive if resources weren't all dedicated to this lie?

If we dont have a law already (I really hate more laws but...) then we need a law that requires her to pay for all the time the cops
spent running around looking for an already dead child.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

I don't know if other parents would have the legal standing...but the people who did put out money or time because of her lies, they're going after her.

Leonard Padilla just filed suit to recoup his personal 200k investment in the search for Caylee. The prosecutors have filed suit, Zenaida, and Equusearch have started the process as well. The IRS is still in the picture, too. I think she'll be legally tied up for a long, long time undoing this cluster.

Civil law is so different than criminal law when it comes to the burden of proof. The jury will only have to believe it 50% probable and they have grounds for a civil conviction. Initially the burden of proof is on the plaintiff, but the defendant does need to defend his or herself against the evidence. So, if you think about it, with a case like Equuseach, they were called in looking for a missing child, they were told the baby was kidnapped and they put hundreds of thousands of dollars into looking for Caylee. Then, in trial, apparently Caylee was never missing--she was always dead. So, civilly, this case does have findings that ES was mislead.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1310657667|2968795 said:

If we dont have a law already (I really hate more laws but...) then we need a law that requires her to pay for all the time the cops

It's sounds like that is exactly what the prosecution is going after Casey for...the expense of searching for her daughter, when she claims that she knew where she was the entire time. Everyone is back in court on the 25th of August, and the fine is a minimum of $100.00 per felony, $50.00 per misdemeanor...but I think LDB took the extra time to figure out what the real expenses were before asking for a judgment against Casey.

It's interesting to me how she could potentially be on the hook for hundreds and hundred of thousands of dollars. I wonder if Baez knew that this was potentially the consequence of his defense when he "went there".

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Equusearch said they turned down 15 families who asked for their help because they were busy looking for Caylee. That is a real tragedy. Not grounds for suit, unfortunately, because they couldn't prove Equusearch would have found their kids, but it is another black mark (or 15 of them) against Casey.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1310658852|2968820 said:
tyty333|1310657667|2968795 said:

It's sounds like that is exactly what the prosecution is going after Casey for...the expense of searching for her daughter, when she claims that she knew where she was the entire time. Everyone is back in court on the 25th of August, and the fine is a minimum of $100.00 per felony, $50.00 per misdemeanor...but I think LDB took the extra time to figure out what the real expenses were before asking for a judgment against Casey.

It's interesting to me how she could potentially be on the hook for hundreds and hundred of thousands of dollars. I wonder if Baez knew that this was potentially the consequence of his defense when he "went there".

I am pretty sure that Florida DOES have a law about paying back law enforcement if you put in false claims (not all states do though). Remember the "Runaway Bride" ? She had to pay back all the money spent 'looking' for her bc she was hiding and not actually 'kidnapped' like the media/her fiance thought. I think what they finally said is that she could have stopped the massive and expensive search with one phone call and instead she continued to hide even though there was HUGE media attention along with the search.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto this. Maybe it was misconstrued, but I just asked why everyone was torturing themselves with this case - it seems like a stressful hobby, to me. I have no idea why everyone gets so uppity when questioned about this case . Everyone who came in with a differing opinion has been quickly shot down in a blaze of ridiculous.

Is it really necessary to qhote Lanie (who I strongly agree with) and then add in ANOTHER insult? Come on now. REALLY???? If you dont like this thread-STAY OUT OF IT. Your SNARKY comments are really not productive.

And MAYBE it was miscontrued? There was NOTHING innocent about your/that post. It was yet another DIG at the posters who care about this case and want to discuss it.

If your going to try and stir trouble--don't play innocent when someone calls you out on it!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Loves Vintage|1310656377|2968779 said:
I agree with Lanie's post! ::)

ETA: And, I'd strongly suggest (to those posters who wish to continue discussing the case) not responding to the not-so-transparent posts of the pot-stirrers. I'm sure there's another place where they can discuss their "issues" if needed. :wavey:

Amen!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1310613502|2968519 said:
Zenaida is only saying that CA effected her life negatively with the lies she told...she was never in court for the trial. So, yeah, I guess everyone is believing her...unless, of course, CA has some explanation.

As for where she's going...I'll be in PR in 9 days for a week and a half...I'll give her our regards if I bump into her :angryfire: . They've said the Baez has "protected her" from a lot of the backlash and that she may not really know how the public feels about her or how deep it goes. Houston was mentioned because Cindy has family there...PR, because Baez has family there. No doubt she's going to run...but where?

It was also mentioned today that Casey might have turned Cindy away because of the Sunshine law in FL. If they had met, it would have been recorded and of course released. I could see Casey wanting to keep her mouth shut right now because, if she is planning a tell all interview or book deal, the relationship and reconciliation would--no doubt--be a highlight. The more she can keep off camera right now, the bigger splash she can make later on.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Was that NECESSARY???????? Monarch, your comment is COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE!!!!! I am STUNNED.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1310669349|2968983 said:

Ditto this. Maybe it was misconstrued, but I just asked why everyone was torturing themselves with this case - it seems like a stressful hobby, to me. I have no idea why everyone gets so uppity when questioned about this case . Everyone who came in with a differing opinion has been quickly shot down in a blaze of ridiculous.

Is it really necessary to qhote Lanie (who I strongly agree with) and then add in ANOTHER insult? Come on now. REALLY???? If you dont like this thread-STAY OUT OF IT. Your SNARKY comments are really not productive.

And MAYBE it was miscontrued? There was NOTHING innocent about your/that post. It was yet another DIG at the posters who care about this case and want to discuss it.

If your going to try and stir trouble--don't play innocent when someone calls you out on it!

Actually I was responding to (and disagreeing with) Italia's assertion that this was all about Caylee. I'm not seeing where I proclaimed my innocence or insulted anyone. Disagreeing with someone does not = insulting someone. If you find it insulting that I think the people in this thread (as well as Nancy Grace and the like) are just obsessed with the drama, so be it. I actually agree that Casey Anthony should have been found guilty of more than just lying to investigators, and I said as much way back when the verdict was announced. What I don't agree with is enjoying the drama surrounding the death of a little girl, all the while proclaiming that IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHILD.

Last I checked, PS members were free to post in whatever threads they want. I'm quite sure that if Ella has an issue with my posts she'll let me know.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
T2o2, It seems as if you are loving the drama you so proclaim to hate. Why else would you keep coming back? Pot meet Kettle.

Edited to add: your response couldnt have been posted any faster. How often are you checking this "drama" filled thread?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1310670653|2968998 said:
T2o2, It seems as if you are loving the drama you so proclaim to hate. Why else would you keep coming back? Pot meet Kettle.

Edited to add: your response couldnt have been posted any faster. How often are you checking this "drama" filled thread?

Well, you're certainly encouraging it, Mrs. Caplock.

It really gets old having to pussyfoot around those of you that cannot handle a differing opinion. It certainly isn't ME that is coming into this thread all full of rage (I highly doubt the other "pot stirrers" are, either). If you didn't like my original post, you could have actually answered or ignored it and then it would have been over, but you sure do like the dramz, too, don't you? :rolleyes:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can't say I pay attention to the time stamps on posts, but my speedy response is a happy coincidence. I'm taking a late lunch and got online to kill some time. I would imagine I'm checking it about as often as you. ;))

I do love a good debate and I'm certainly not denying that-I'm not going to pretend IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN. I don't see the equivalency of being obsessed with a child's death (Nancy Grace, et al.) and finding the obsession with a child's death kind of strange (me).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1310668286|2968962 said:
Equusearch said they turned down 15 families who asked for their help because they were busy looking for Caylee. That is a real tragedy. Not grounds for suit, unfortunately, because they couldn't prove Equusearch would have found their kids, but it is another black mark (or 15 of them) against Casey.

That is just awful.

I know there is no way to tell how many of those 15 would have been found or even how much closer to finding them the families would have been, but I hope those families consult a good attorney and see if there is anything they can do. At the very least, maybe the publicity of filing something against CA would get their stories more widely known and help in the finding of their children.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie|1310671287|2969006 said:

Well, you're certainly encouraging it, Mrs. Caplock.

It really gets old having to pussyfoot around those of you that cannot handle a differing opinion. It certainly isn't ME that is coming into this thread all full of rage (I highly doubt the other "pot stirrers" are, either). If you didn't like my original post, you could have actually answered or ignored it and then it would have been over, but you sure do like the dramz, too, don't you? :rolleyes:

I did ignore your original post. It wasnt until you brought it up AGAIN under Lanie's post about trouble makers (which is ever so ironic) that I commented. And yes, I am interested in this thread and case. I am not the one claiming to be above it all and then commenting every chance I can that the people discussing this case are drama loving.

Differing opinions is one thing. But some of you continue to bash and insult the people wanting to discuss this case--and then claim innocent.

Ironically, the people that are so "above" discussing the drama are the one's hitting 'refresh' every 10 seconds to see if anyone new has posted. Could your response have come any faster???? Atleast I ADMIT that I like following this thread :roll:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've stayed out of this one but am growing curious on why it has such legs because IMHO all humans have equal value.
Children and adults.
Female and male.
Cute little girls and ugly old men.
White and black.
Daughters and strangers.

Murders happen all the time.
Every one is equally bad and upsetting, well at least in my book.

Apparently this one gets people here wound up because it was a cute little white girl, and a daughter of the defendant to boot and this forum has many white moms.
This one hits home, but it shouldn't.
Actually all murders should.

I just wonder why every black gang member murdered by some latino gang member doesn't also get 25 pages.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1310672346|2969015 said:
I've stayed out of this one but am growing curious on why it has such legs because IMHO all humans have equal value.
Children and adults.
Female and male.
White and black.
Daughters and strangers.

Every one is equally bad.

I think this one gets people here wound up because it was a white girl, a daughter, and this forum has many white moms, so it hits home.

I just wonder why every black gang member murdered by some latino gang member doesn't also get 25 pages.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I've stayed out of this one but am growing curious on why it has legs.

IMHO all humans have equal value.
Children and adults.
Female and male.
White and black.
Daughters and strangers.

I think this one gets people here wound up because it was a white girl, a daughter, and this forum has many white moms, so it hits home.

Hi Kenny :D

Are you saying because this thread is so long then we must value Calee's life and death over other murder vicitims? If you use that logic then your 8 page thread about the "most beautiful man and woman" would be more important than 'gang members" murdering other 'gang members"...KWIM?

I do agree that this case has captivated America. I can not answer why it has for other people but I can answer for me personally. I mentioned this earlier but I will repeat...

When I was 5 yrs old my 3 yr old sister was murdered. Like Calee, my sister did not get proper justice. And for the record she was murdered because of the color of her skin (she was half black and murdered by a white man who was openly racist).

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Children and adults.
Female and male.
White and black.
Daughters and strangers.

For the same reasons it doesn't get public media attention ( I do agree its because she is a white girl and a daughter that it got so much media attention, just like so many other examples out there).

I don't get something here...

I think its great having differing opinions but why is it that the same people who also like having differing opinions end up freaking out in their own threads when someone comes in with a different opinion?

If you don't like the thread, leave or don't comment. I really think its that simple.

I really think everyone (including myself) needs to reread comments that they are about to post. Read it out loud. If it sounds insulting or rude, maybe consider rewording it?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,

I think the length of this thread parallels the extent to which this particular case was and still is given attention by the media. While I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment behind your post, the fact remains that very few murder victims and murder trials receive the same level of attention in the media as this case has received, and therein lies the difference. Why that is, and how it is that this particular case has received so much attention, is a complex question, for sure, but I agree it has a lot to do with the fact that the victim is a young white girl who was killed by her young white mother, combined with the fact that the case sparked national media attention from the beginning. There are many young white girls who are murder victims, but not all such victims receive national media attention. This one did. Add to that, the fact that the mother told outrageous lies for months, then years, and didn't seem to care that her little baby was dead. Add to that, the fact that the uncaring, unrepentant killer mother got away with it. And, there you have it.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Autumnovember|1310673792|2969023 said:
If you don't like the thread, leave or don't comment. I really think its that simple.

I really think everyone (including myself) needs to reread comments that they are about to post. Read it out loud. If it sounds insulting or rude, maybe consider rewording it?

This.

julia_girl

Rough_Rock
Children and adults.
Female and male.
White and black.
Daughters and strangers.

Every one is equally bad and upsetting, well at least in my book.

Apparently this one gets people here wound up because it was a cute little white girl, and a daughter of the defendant to boot and this forum has many white moms.
This one hits home, but it shouldn't.
Actually all murders should.

I've stayed out of this thread too, but I have been following it and I can't believe how rude and unneccessary some of the comments have been lately. I don't know as much about this case of some of you do, but I think any normal person would have this reaction; I simply cannot imagine how a woman (of any color!) could do this to her child, and how her family could defend her. It's not about enjoying the drama at all...it breaks my heart to read the details of the case, but it is fascinating to me that people like Casey exist because it is so far removed from the safe, normal world that I am so lucky to know. That alone makes me curious and I think Italia etc have done a great job of explaining certain aspects of the case that I wasn't aware of or didn't understand. While I don't care for Nancy Grace's sensational reporting either, good for her for keeping it in the news. I thought the Onion link was disgusting btw.
Kenny, I don't think being white has anything to do with it. It is easy to imagine a gang member of any color being killed by another gang member. This case is a lot harder to get your head around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results