shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier or Blue Nile Eternity Band

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
Yes, I sized up with the trinity. I went with whatever their equivalent of a 6.25 is (I think it’s a 53.) their website says to size down with a trinity, but that didn’t make any sense to me as it would have been wayyyy too snug and would not have allowed for any “play” with the ring. Luckily (or maybe unluckily since temptation is a monster), I only live 10 minutes away from the Cartier store here in Houston and was able to try it on in person so I could get the size right. I think I have a picture of it with my solitaire, too.

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
I love the trinity by itself with the solitaire. It really seems to make my diamond pop since there is no little blur of pave diamonds to draw the eye away. I think a trinity and the diamond eternity would be two great buys. You can have a lot of fun making combos!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d go the Cartier and I’m normally “anti” brand names. If you love it already, and given your other “disappointments” I would buy it. Otherwise you risk the “ sigh, wish I’d gone with the Cartier”.
And their boxes / packaging is soooooooo lovely.

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
When I get home next weekend, I’ll take a picture of my solitaire with the Etincelle band. I think the only reason why I never wear it like that is due to sentimental reasons since the Tiffany eternity is my wedding band. When I want to stack an eternity with my trinity, I always go for the Etincelle since I think it looks better with the trinity than the Tiffany channel-set. It is a little firecracker, for sure!

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’d go the Cartier and I’m normally “anti” brand names. If you love it already, and given your other “disappointments” I would buy it. Otherwise you risk the “ sigh, wish I’d gone with the Cartier”.

I agree! I am such a sucker for packaging!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the trinity by itself with the solitaire. It really seems to make my diamond pop since there is no little blur of pave diamonds to draw the eye away. I think a trinity and the diamond eternity would be two great buys. You can have a lot of fun making combos!

I love it!!! That is what I thought about to size up not down. If I wear a size 50 in the diamond band, I think I will go with a size 51 in the Trinity band. You have been so helpful!!! Also, the Trinity band is resizable up to two sizes. :appl:

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
When I get home next weekend, I’ll take a picture of my solitaire with the Etincelle band. I think the only reason why I never wear it like that is due to sentimental reasons since the Tiffany eternity is my wedding band. When I want to stack an eternity with my trinity, I always go for the Etincelle since I think it looks better with the trinity than the Tiffany channel-set. It is a little firecracker, for sure!

Thank you! I would love to more pics!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Absolutely!!! So far, everyone is voting for the Cartier!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Update: I went back to the Cartier store yesterday and they were out of the XS Trinity ring so I will have to guess on the sizing. This will be ordered in a couple of months.

Also, Blue Nile had a sale and I decided before I plunge into purchasing the Cartier Etincelle 1.5 mm eternity band which also has to be ordered, I was going to do my own comparison in person with the Blue Nile bands. I ordered two different bands that are similar to the Cartier band. The first one is a pave, 1/2 ctw, 1.8 mm and the second one is micropave, 1/4 ctw, 1.5 mm. I will post photos when they arrive. My main concern is the "sparkle" factor.

Stay tuned for photos next week.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I went back to the Cartier store yesterday and they were out of the XS Trinity ring so I will have to guess on the sizing. This will be ordered in a couple of months.

Also, Blue Nile had a sale and I decided before I plunge into purchasing the Cartier Etincelle 1.5 mm eternity band which also has to be ordered, I was going to do my own comparison in person with the Blue Nile bands. I ordered two different bands that are similar to the Cartier band. The first one is a pave, 1/2 ctw, 1.8 mm and the second one is micropave, 1/4 ctw, 1.5 mm. I will post photos when they arrive. My main concern is the "sparkle" factor.

Stay tuned for photos next week.
Lol I had to take advantage of that sale too

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see what you think of the Blue Nile rings. I was coming to recommend to purchase some from Blue Nile since they have an excellent return policy. I love the trinity XS as well. That is a bummer that they are out at your local store. I have been eyeing a few BN rings with their sale going on right now but haven’t taken the plunge yet.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is the micropave band that I ordered today from BN.

59396_main

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And, the pave 1/2 ctw. band. It will be interesting to compare the Cartier band to these two. I only wish I had taken a photo at the Cartier store!

42409_main

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lol I had to take advantage of that sale too
Too good to at least order and try them out, right??? My engagement ring and five stone wedding band in my Avatar photo have sooooo much sparkle in the diamonds. We will see!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see what you think of the Blue Nile rings. I was coming to recommend to purchase some from Blue Nile since they have an excellent return policy. I love the trinity XS as well. That is a bummer that they are out at your local store. I have been eyeing a few BN rings with their sale going on right now but haven’t taken the plunge yet.

I am fortunate that their Virginia showroom is close to me. I can return the bands to the showroom and they will ship them back rather than me having to deal with the return and insurance on the return. Otherwise I might think twice. I have diamond studs from BN as well and the fire in them is gorgeous! I get complements on them all the time and they are only 2/3 ctw.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am fortunate that their Virginia showroom is close to me. I can return the bands to the showroom and they will ship them back rather than me having to deal with the return and insurance on the return. Otherwise I might think twice. I have diamond studs from BN as well and the fire in them is gorgeous! I get complements on them all the time and they are only 2/3 ctw.
That makes it extremely easy for returns. I haven’t purchased a band yet for that reason. It is expensive to ship it back and insure it in case I don’t like it or it is uncomfortable on my tiny fingers.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That makes it extremely easy for returns. I haven’t purchased a band yet for that reason. It is expensive to ship it back and insure it in case I don’t like it or it is uncomfortable on my tiny fingers.

Our first BN purchase was pair of diamond studs and we needed to exchange them after they arrived. At the time, the showroom in my area not opened yet so we had to repackage them and purchase insurance and it was cumbersome! I don't think I would be "testing" these bands out unless I had a local showroom to return them to. Also, once the return is received, it has to go through BN's authentication process. I will say that they were very fast with this process and I had my replacement earrings in a week. I would give them five stars for customer service!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
FYI, my bands should arrive tomorrow. I will post pic

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BA3B58A1-03E0-48E3-8D18-23024BCA5AE5.jpeg 9324E3C6-2CE0-414D-A543-A8CE7BF1F0FB.jpeg 21C01B4D-567B-4649-9E80-BA5DA7CE0BC3.jpeg BAF0F49E-3E54-429C-881C-3233D8247378.jpeg 9BC9B522-4A55-4764-B609-C3E54751045E.jpeg The Blue Nile bands arrived today. Here are a few photos showing different combinations with my engagement ring and current five stone band and also side by side. The 1/2 carat band has more of a sparkle factor but is not comfortable due to the finish on the prongs. The 1/4 caratband is very comfortable but lacks the sparkle factor and definitely is not close to the Cartier Etincelle band I love. The mm width feels very comfortable on my finger with my engagement ring.. Both bands fit a little large on my hand.

My conclusion is that the smaller makes my diamond pop more but lacks sparkle AND one commenter earlier in this thread said that the BN band finishes were not smooth. I agree with that statement. All the bands I tried on in the showroom that were eternity had the same issue as well. I could feel the prongs and the larger the stones, the more uncomfortable the band was.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then it's settled! Cartier wins, lol! I had a pave eternity that was around 2.25mm and it was SO uncomfortable. It just scratched the sides of the adjacent fingers all the time and even after 'polishing' the prongs several times it didn't solve the problem. Comfort is key :P2.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Then it's settled! Cartier wins, lol! I had a pave eternity that was around 2.25mm and it was SO uncomfortable. It just scratched the sides of the adjacent fingers all the time and even after 'polishing' the prongs several times it didn't solve the problem. Comfort is key :P2.

I totally agree! Especially since my husband said this is my forever band! Lol

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One other item to note. I now know why the sales associate at Cartier told me to order a size 50 (5 1/4) instead of a size 51 (5 3/4) because the thinner the band, the more it will turn and the looser it will fit. She also said that to her knowledge Cartier had never had problems with stones popping out or the band being bent even though it is a thin band.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forever band, yes. But not the last band :lol-2:!

Totally agree with the SA at Cartier regarding the thinner the band the looser it fits/spins.

Can't wait to see your new Cartier bands (trinity yes? :twisted2:)!!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Forever band, yes. But not the last band :lol-2:!

Totally agree with the SA at Cartier regarding the thinner the band the looser it fits/spins.

Can't wait to see your new Cartier bands (trinity yes? :twisted2:)!!

I will post photos when I have them. They do not have the Etincelle band in stock in my size so I may have to wait. The Trinity band is going to be a gift from my hubby for our anniversary and my birthday so I won’t get that until the summer. So excited about my new forever band!:appl:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m glad I didn’t order from BN. The sale is over so I am not tempted to order. Off to Cartier online to look at bands. I can’t wait to see the Cartier band that you have coming.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So...you've said sparkle a lot. Have you considered a Whiteflash band with their ACA melee?

https://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/elena-diamond-wedding-band-1368.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/harmony-diamond-wedding-band-1028.htm

These are 2.0 mm, so may be wider than you want but you have the budget to discuss a custom band with them.

Thanks for the recommendation but I am looking for a 1.5 mm band. My engagement ring is 1.8 mm so I don’t want anything higher.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is one with the 2mm channel set. I know not everyone likes a channel set band, but I really love the look. IMG_2823.JPG
Where did you find that thinner channel set? It is gorgeous and all the channel sets that I have seen are 3mm wide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results