shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Cape Color OMC Solitaire

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I need to back away from the buy button for a while but I had been pondering this stone and setting for a while and finally loss the will power battle.

It’s a VS U-V Old Mine Cut 1.92 carat solitaire in one of Alex Parks’ simple, classic settings. Full bezel to protect the thin, frosted girdle of old which I love. I’ve reset all my larger stones into bezels over the years - they feel very wearable and very protected from knocks and the like.

Is very simple, brushed/stone texture on a knife edge band.

Setting cut aside as a given (who wants a wonky, badly cut, loop sided rock!?) clarity is my bugaboo. Color can be all over the shop as long as a stone is clean and crisp.

7D0E05B9-CC9D-4EDA-8E40-071550865EDD.jpeg
DBA3A979-AF8C-4393-85BA-E6C3CCBEEF87.jpeg 2A46FA3F-F3EB-496C-8D68-5BC4B14E20F7.jpeg

I can’t wait to see this on natural sunlight or under the candlelit it was cut for all those years ago.

Had to share with all me SMTB buddies - it’s just a wee bit different from the norm and I love it.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I love it too! What a historical stunner! And the setting is perfect :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I need one!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how the simple setting lets the details of the OMC shine.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delicious.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wonky, badly cut, loop sided rock!

Of all the OMCs I've ever owned, my absolute favourite was more wonky, "badly cut", and lopsided than yours :bigsmile: I found her entrancingly charming. And I bezeled mine too!

1579039980109.png

I love your new stone!! She's lovely, full of persoality - I think her imperfections just make her more beautiful :love: Gorgeous colour and perfect setting choice!

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh that's a ray of chunky sunshine :kiss2: gorgeous!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: Looks lovely on your hand.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
wonky, badly cut, loop sided rock!

Of all the OMCs I've ever owned, my absolute favourite was more wonky, "badly cut", and lopsided than yours :bigsmile: I found her entrancingly charming. And I bezeled mine too!

1579039980109.png

I love your new stone!! She's lovely, full of persoality - I think her imperfections just make her more beautiful :love: Gorgeous colour and perfect setting choice!

She’s wonky but not so much that it distracts from her beauty :) I think ‘wonky’ and see the stones that got hit with the ugly stick! Or where you wonder if the guy cutting it all those years ago had one too many before he started...

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a yellow not perfect sapphire in the same setting, I love it. Your ring is spectacular.. love it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

here's mine, my niece made it for me. I should get a gold band like yours, I love this look.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! The brushed gold is so beautiful. Love everything about this ring!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
sapphiremine.jpg

here's mine, my niece made it for me. I should get a gold band like yours, I love this look.

That’s lovely. Your niece is very talented. The band is my wedding ring, just a simple 18 k comfort style band bought at a high street jewelry store in Scotland 20 years ago. I just wear it on my right hand and have for years.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could this ring be any more perfect?? From the facets to the buttery yellow to the rich and luxurious deep gold bezel....It. Is. Perfect.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Could this ring be any more perfect?? From the facets to the buttery yellow to the rich and luxurious deep gold bezel....It. Is. Perfect.

Thank you! I kinda think it’s pretty perfect, too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphiremine.jpg

Kate, your niece is talented. Just gorgeous. :love:

Thank you! I kinda think it’s pretty perfect, too!

Umm yeah it is! Wow, this is a one of a kind yummy chunky monkey ring. And the profile... Swoon!

Image result for heart emoji text

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond with such charm. I love the setting too.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy aw you know Katie, she's stellar and learning, she bought new jewelers tools with her Dad's xmas gift money. xoxoxo u.

to the OP I am sorry if I threadjacked :) my niece is a starting bench person and I do not think that my ring is as awesome as yours especially the bezel, I was just trying to show that is style of 18K ring is very much liked. I LOVE YOUR RING.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations of JOTW and on a gorgeous and compelling drop of sunlight on your finger!
A wonderful result - may you wear it with endless happiness!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations of JOTW and on a gorgeous and compelling drop of sunlight on your finger!
A wonderful result - may you wear it with endless happiness!

‘Endless happiness ’ that’s one of the best descriptions of jewelry, which has no practical value - whatsoever, I have ever heard ❤️

AMRose

Rough_Rock
I adore this ring! The setting is just perfect with the brushed metal.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you know I love your ring and it truly deserves Jewel of a Lifetime too!

Thank you #JOTW! There were some some
stunners on SMTB this week, so this is really special.

This OMC just goes to show that classic and quality never go out of style.

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
It looks great! And I love the setting. Gorgeous color/style.

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on the well deserved Jewel of the Week. I’d love a buttery coloured diamond. So beautiful!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

Sharing the Ivy and Rose curved band I grabbed to wear with mellow yellow.

First time buying with I&R, they were great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results