shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t wait any longer...

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
so... I'm expecting my Tacori ring to arrive this week (the guy at the store said it will be here by this week the LATEST). My bf called the store yesterday and the guy said the ring should be here on Friday or next Monday. I know it seems so close... but... I was expecting it to come like.. YESTERDAY or TODAY... not Friday or Monday!
23.gif
I'm so anxious because once the ring arrives, we can only bring the diamond into the store on a Sat when he's there. The thing is we can only go on a Sat because of our work schedule and the store opens from 9-5pm weekdays (which is like normal ppl's work hour). He's there only 1 or 2 Sats a month. That means, one Sat we'll drop it off... and another Sat my bf will go pick it up. It will probably take at least 1 month, assuming he'll actually be working 2 sats a month. It only takes a few days to set the stone and get it appraised... yet... I think it'll take forever.

yesterday I was talking to my bf about our Aug trip. I was like, we'll be engaged by that... right? He said... maybe not.. we'll see...
32.gif
23.gif
39.gif

My sooo anxious.. and it's killing me!!! How can you LIW be handling this so well? Tell me!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
You can do it Beezygal! You are a calm woman with the patience of a mountain.
The post is always slow which can be very frustraiting.
Your ring is going to be so gorgeous! It will be well worth the wait.

Start shopping for the perfect ring dish, and researching the best jewellery cleaning methods. Keep in mind the anxiousness will only get worse when you know he has the completed ring.

I cope witht the anxiousness by just putting the whole thing out of my mind and focusing on other stuff.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 5:46:35 PM
Author: HopeDream
You can do it Beezygal! You are a calm woman with the patience of a mountain.
The post is always slow which can be very frustraiting.
Your ring is going to be so gorgeous! It will be well worth the wait.

Start shopping for the perfect ring dish, and researching the best jewellery cleaning methods. Keep in mind the anxiousness will only get worse when you know he has the completed ring.

I cope witht the anxiousness by just putting the whole thing out of my mind and focusing on other stuff.
I already did.. lol.. now.. what?

My bf always say I have no patience.... and I always tell him.. "I use up all my patience on my students... no more quota."

does your name has to do with the place you''re from? I was thinking about that the other night when I couldn''t sleep. I know.. i''m so creepy!
31.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for Pete''s sake, he should be able to mount the diamond while your BF waits!!! (or at least they can do that at other jewelers!). Can he drop it off, go to lunch/shop or whatever and then pick it up? Have him ask!

I''d be going freaking bananas too!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 6:08:32 PM
Author: HappyNewLife
for Pete''s sake, he should be able to mount the diamond while your BF waits!!! (or at least they can do that at other jewelers!). Can he drop it off, go to lunch/shop or whatever and then pick it up? Have him ask!

I''d be going freaking bananas too!
yeah... the guy said.. if the goldsmith is there... he can probably have it done the same day... But then, I think someone else will appraise it. don''t know if they''ll BOTH be there on a SATURDAY morning. you see... I can only go in on a Sat morning since I have to teach early afternoon. My bf wants me to go ''cuz I want to make sure the diamond is set high enough.. but.. not too high... I''m picky.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beezygal!

I agree with Happynewlife, your diamond shouldn''t take an entire week to set. I hope the appraiser is there on saturday too.

I live beyond Hope
2.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I know it''s so hard to wait sometimes! But, at least you know it''s coming soon! He may very well be trying to throw you off by saying that you won''t be engaged by August. I feel like many guys get the ring and it starts really burning a hole in his pocket. So, he may propose sooner than you think!

Oh and trust me, lately, I have not been handling by LIW very well. I just have too much time on my hands (now that school is out) to look at potential diamonds and sparkly rings on PS. Yesterday, I started looking at wedding venues and I found three places with some great potential! BF said his goal is to have the money by the end of this year. But, I feel like every time he makes a goal, something happens that ends up costing a lot of money. I''ve heard diamond prices are going up and I wish that I had the money to buy my dream stone from BGD right now because I don''t want it to be too expensive for us down the road. But, I guess I just have to WAIT and see.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boy. LIW just hit me hard. I had finally decided that I definitely wanted a RB for my e-ring and I found the perfect stone at BGD. Great price, great size, perfect balance of color/clarity for the size and price. It was everything I wanted in a diamond and in our price range. I just found out someone else bought it.
15.gif
Even though I kind of knew it would be gone before we could afford it, I really hoped that that stone was going to be mine. I guess that's what I get for picking out diamonds even though I know my wait will be a while longer. I can only hope it went to a PSer and I will get to see some pics on SMTR.

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
At least you''ve made a lot of progress. It will be here before you know it, the weekends always seem to go so fast while the rest of the week drags on. I too don''t think I can wait much longer, I''m driving my BF nuts. We haven''t gotten to buying yet but I want to take advantage of a really amazing BGD stone before his prices increase. Although every time I bring it up I think my chances of ever getting engaged to him go down just becasue he is getting frustrated at me.
39.gif

Hang in there, you''ll have a lovely sparklie to oogle over in no time.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Hang in there Beezygal!!! You can do it, you''ve been doing it for this long so far ... the home stretch is always the hardest.

Go do some window shopping or excercise maybe to take your mind off things. When I''m stressing I like to hit up the mall and just wander in and out of stores... then I notice I''m around all loud and crazy ppl and it really puts you into perspective haha

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:47:21 AM
Author: MayFlowers
Oh boy. LIW just hit me hard. I had finally decided that I definitely wanted a RB for my e-ring and I found the perfect stone at BGD. Great price, great size, perfect balance of color/clarity for the size and price. It was everything I wanted in a diamond and in our price range. I just found out someone else bought it.
15.gif
Even though I kind of knew it would be gone before we could afford it, I really hoped that that stone was going to be mine. I guess that''s what I get for picking out diamonds even though I know my wait will be a while longer. I can only hope it went to a PSer and I will get to see some pics on SMTR.

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack!
don''t worry Mayflowers...

my bf and I have been looking for a diamond for more than 3 months... continuously. We missed out MANY chances to buy a diamond... first one was H&A 1.14ct... bf wasn''t serious about buying a ring then... and then.. when he decided to buy it and surpsied me... he said.. it was gone... (he went back 1 month later). He always think no one will buy it... it''s something so expensive. I was so frustrated with that... OF COURSE PPL WILL BUY STUFF LIKE THIS!!! Then, we found another one 1.04 H&A .... we can see the inclusion... so.. didn''t buy. FINALLY!!! we found a Canadian diamond. The price is good for that one. It''s 1.14ct.. I think that''s big since I just wanted a 1ct. it''s not H&A but.. i fell in love with it. My bf said.. he has to think about it. He thought about it for not even a week... GONE AGAIN! I was sooooooooooo pissed. I was thinking he''ll never buy one.. ''cuz he''ll keep on thinking.. and it will be gone.

FINALLY!!! I discovered PS. I learned a lot here. I found a diamond online where we can go see it in person. I told my bf... "hey.. I did all my research... and asked ppl on PS... this is a very very good one FOR SURE.... if we like it when we look at it... we better buy it... you know wat you did before...
31.gif
" We ended up buying it right after.

Now that I think back, I''m glad he didn''t buy all the other ones before. I didn''t know if they were that good ''cuz I didn''t know much about diamond and the cut back then. Now, we got one with a better price too

Don''t worry.. you''ll find one.. if it''s yours... it will be yours.
17.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 9:22:29 AM
Author: Rose_Dust
At least you''ve made a lot of progress. It will be here before you know it, the weekends always seem to go so fast while the rest of the week drags on. I too don''t think I can wait much longer, I''m driving my BF nuts. We haven''t gotten to buying yet but I want to take advantage of a really amazing BGD stone before his prices increase. Although every time I bring it up I think my chances of ever getting engaged to him go down just becasue he is getting frustrated at me.
39.gif

Hang in there, you''ll have a lovely sparklie to oogle over in no time.
my bf was frustrated at the diamond thing too. I always want to look for a diamond. I didn''t want to stop looking until we find one. Then, I decided I take control and find one online that I like... and just make an appointment to see it together. This way, he doesn''t feel frustrated. He said as long as I like it and it''s within his price range, he''s happy. guys are like that... they just have no interest in shopping with girls watsoever!
38.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 10:02:20 AM
Author: dawnabee
Hang in there Beezygal!!! You can do it, you''ve been doing it for this long so far ... the home stretch is always the hardest.

Go do some window shopping or excercise maybe to take your mind off things. When I''m stressing I like to hit up the mall and just wander in and out of stores... then I notice I''m around all loud and crazy ppl and it really puts you into perspective haha
whenever I''m outside (just like you mentioned in your post) I''ll keep looking at ppl''s ring. I''m like.. ohhhhhhhh.. she''s not engaged... ohhhhhhhh... her ring is ok... omg... her ring is so beautiful... I wish I have my ring to show off now. I keep on imagining my ring on my left hand now.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
update: my bf said.. the ring is scheduled to be shipped from Tacori today. Should arrive at the store on Monday... but I doubt that... custom and shipping.. they''re always SUPER slow

Mayflower: I agree with you! I don''t think he''ll want to hold onto an expensive ring at home. I''m going to get insurance on it when I get it. He is a VERY careful person. I''m sure he''ll want to propose right away so he won''t risk losing it.. or having ppl breaking in stealing it.... you never know. I hope once he sees the diamond in the ring... he''ll be sooooooooooo anxious to propose... but.. I still want a surprise. I''m demanding!
27.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Mayflower, I think he''s probably trying to throw you off and he''ll end up proposing sooner. Fingers crossed!

Rose Dust: I''m with you there. I worry every time I show rings to my bf he''s just gonna get more irritated and want to wait longer. Do you know a time frame for a proposal? I have no clue of one
33.gif

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 3:59:24 PM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
I agree with Mayflower, I think he''s probably trying to throw you off and he''ll end up proposing sooner. Fingers crossed!

Rose Dust: I''m with you there. I worry every time I show rings to my bf he''s just gonna get more irritated and want to wait longer. Do you know a time frame for a proposal? I have no clue of one
33.gif

Well originally he said by October, I wanted earlier than that (so hard to be patient for that long!!) But considering how much I bug him about it, I really dont'' know what it is going to be anymore. At this point I''d be happy with October rather than years from now.

He promised me a talk this weekend to discuss purchasing a BGD ring before the price increases, fingers crossed....although at the same time I dont'' want to feel like I''m forcing him to propose. Sigh, I don''t know what to do.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I had to wait about 2.5 months for my ring too...it was painful...the best advice I have is occupy yourself with the show me the ring thread.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 4:19:54 PM
Date: 5/14/2010 3:59:24 PM

33.gif

Well originally he said by October, I wanted earlier than that (so hard to be patient for that long!!) But considering how much I bug him about it, I really dont'' know what it is going to be anymore. At this point I''d be happy with October rather than years from now.

He promised me a talk this weekend to discuss purchasing a BGD ring before the price increases, fingers crossed....although at the same time I dont'' want to feel like I''m forcing him to propose. Sigh, I don''t know what to do.

Well good luck with that, i''m sure if he offered to talk about it and at one point he gave you a time frame then it''s what he wants too. I know what you mean though about not wanting to feel like you''re forcing him. I have friends that have actually done that and I don''t want to. I want him to propose because it''s what he wants. DUST!! for you this weekend

Also... *DUST* for beezygal for trying to keep her sanity waiting for that ring! I can''t wait to see pics

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock

well the weekend is here.... he promised you... so he''ll look into it... you''re not forcing him.. you don''t need to.. he''s willing to discuss. let us know what happens! Good luck!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 4:54:59 PM
Author: beezygal

well the weekend is here.... he promised you... so he''ll look into it... you''re not forcing him.. you don''t need to.. he''s willing to discuss. let us know what happens! Good luck!
Well the convo happened, which was productive, but still not the answer I was hoping for. Sadly not purchasing a ring any time soon
8.gif
Still hoping for October at the latest but I have a feeling it''ll be October at the earliest. I found out he''s not as far along in the process as he once was. I guess we did some back-tracking a while back since moving in together. I hope the weekend is more productive for all you ladies especially that you''re ring arrives Beezy!! Dust to all!
36.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! My BF just called from work. The RING IS HERE!!!! We''re going to bring in the diamond on Friday to have it set. My bf is going to work a little bit late on Friday just for the ring!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!
30.gif
9.gif
36.gif

I''m forgetting how to breathe!
32.gif

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
YAY you survived! That sparklie will be on your finger in no time! Congrats so very exciting.
36.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Yayyyy Beezy

Congrats!!! Can''t wait to see it!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
thx rose_dust and dawnabee. I''m very excited!!! I''ll be offically in the dark after friday.
25.gif
I''m going to go with my bf on friday. (I want the diamond to be set a certain way) My bf will have to pick up the ring by himself.

I can''t wait to be engaged!!!
36.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
omg...
my bf told me we might be able to pick it up the same day.... but i don''t want to see the finished product. What should I do? He doesn''t think it''s big deal. It is for me.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yayy!! That''s so exciting! I wouldn''t worry about being there with him. Once you show them how you want it set, I would just leave it at that. I''m not sure how long it takes to set a diamond, but will you be waiting at the jeweler''s or will you leave and come back? If you will be leaving and then returning the same day to pick it up, just don''t go with him. If you will be staying there, could you just turn your back while they show your BF the ring? I know it would be really hard and your BF and the jeweler will probably be ooooohing and aahhhing, but you still wouldn''t have seen the ring. Just some suggestions.

I don''t think it''s too big of a deal if you do see it either. However, I also think like you in that I want my BF to see the finished product first. I don''t want to see it or pictures until he is proposing. I wouldn''t be too upset though if I did see it before the proposal. I think it''s just one of those romantic things that is purely a personal choice.

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Just step outside if you stay, that way they can talk and look at the ring without you being in the room. Then even if he has it in his possession, take every ounce of your being not to ask to look at it. I know I probably would struggle at this...haha!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
My bf wants me to look at the finish product because he wants to make sure it is set the way I want. He took a day off for the ring. Maybe he''ll go pick it up later by himself since I need to teach in the afternoon.

he ALSO want me to put it in my mom''s safe deposit box in the bank. I''m like... then I''ll know when you''ll propose. He said he''ll just ask my mom secretly for it when he needs it.

Me: I want it to be a TOTAL surprise... like I''ll be like "OMG I DON''T SEE IT COMING AT ALL!!!" kinda reaction
BF: (couldn''t stop laughing)

I guess he can put it in his parent''s safe deposit box. The thing is, they have NO IDEA about an engagement ring. I don''t want them to know like this. I want them to know when we''re actually engaged. I don''t know.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure he could get it from your mom without you knowing. I want my proposal to be a complete surprise too. Gosh, I''ve been so antsy with you waiting for this this ring! lol

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2010 1:40:50 PM
I''m sure he could get it from your mom without you knowing. I want my proposal to be a complete surprise too. Gosh, I''ve been so antsy with you waiting for this this ring! lol
awww... thx!!! I''m looking forward to tomorrow. My bf wants me to look at the finished product. He wants to make sure the diamond is set JUST RIGHT.

I told him not to let me wait for too long. I have a feeling he''ll wait ''til our 6 year-anniversary.. which is July 24. It seems so long from now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results