shape
carat
color
clarity

Cancer, the Sandbox, and Me

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Ande. Just saw this thread -- I'm not on PS much anymore. Wishing you well. Please let us know how you're doing.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain - We haven't heard from you in a while. Sending warm thoughts, best wishes, and loads of PS dust your way!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dear Andelain,

You have been on my mind for quite awhile. Still praying for your well being and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Diamond dust and hugs ma'am.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the good thoughts and concern. As I mentioned in another thread, it's a long way back, and I'm not there yet. I know I've been gone a while, between the problems I had with my cancer treatments, and some personal issues, I've had the depression from hell. The chemo caused me dizzy spells and fatigue so bad I couldn't even walk across a parking lot without wanting to fall out, and I've had a few issues with my mastectomy/reconstruction. As for personal issues, some of you might remember me posting about looking for a stone for my sweetheart's ring, we were talking about maybe getting married. He had a stroke in July of last year, and died in September. ;( A longtime friend of mine lost her battle with ALS this past summer. She was only 48, and the last couple months were bad for her. ;( ;( I've also been in a long running battle with the VA over my disability rating and medical care for an injury a few years back in the sandbox. Between that, and being afraid I wouldn't be able to go back to work and lose my insurance, I just shut everyone out. I didn't even answer emails from dear, sweet Vera. :nono:

I finished chemo in October of last year, had a double mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction in December, and have slowly gotten better since then. I've been in remission for 11 months now, really hoping to stay that way. I had to work hard to get any kind of condition back, and was able to go back to work recently. Work for me means Afghanistan. Yep, I'm back in the sandbox. So maybe I'll be able to post a few bling action pics. :naughty: Speaking of bling, I've been trying to work on the design for a ring I've wanted for a long time, and have several loose stones for, but can't seem to get it on paper. So I decided I needed yet another pair of studs, and pulled another Andelain. :lol: I wanted little and fiery, and a size in between my .82 ctw and my .25 ctw pairs that I got from WF. I was looking for some in the low 20's and Brian Gavin had a few that ere just a few points over, so I just bought them tonight. Hey, I knew if I tried to come back here without posting about bling you ladies might bounce me on my head! :errrr: :lol: :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adelain, it's great to hear from you! You've been through so very much, but in your ususal style you are keepin' on -- GOOD FOR YOU! As for this little diamond project, a bit of bling is always an excellent thing!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see a post from Andelain.
Congratulations, I'm a cancer survivor too. :appl:

Thanks for the work you do for my country.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain - I'm sorry to hear about the setbacks, especially the loss of two dear friends in a short time and the battles with depression and bureaucracy.

I'm very glad to hear that you're in remission and back at work. :appl:

And working on new bling projects - a sure sign that you're getting better!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is great to see you posting and to hear that you are in remission. I am so very sorry to hear about your struggles and the loss of your two friends. (((Hugs)))

Stay safe over there, I hope you are back home very soon.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the remission! That is wonderful news :appl:
I hope it stays gone for good!

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. It seems so unfair that you've been through so much pain.

I've spent the last few months battling insurance companies. It is NOT fun. I can only imagine the awful state of the added VA nightmare :errrr:
Glad you are able to be back to work and keep your insurance but sorry it was such a mess.

You've been on my mind lately (in a concerned way -- don't mean that as creepy!). I'm glad you are back and hope that life will give you lots of good to enjoy!

Can't wait for pics of your new sparklies!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
I am truly sorry you lost your sweetheart and your longtime friend. You have been thru some very difficult things all while you were fighting a battle with cancer. I admire your strength and courage to stay strong and fight your way back. Take care of yourself. I wish you the best!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, so glad to hear of your remission, but so sorry for all the pain that you have had to go through in the last few months. ((hugs)).
Wow, I am amazed that you were anxious to get back to the sandbox. I hope you are doing well and I am so glad to see you posting again!
God bless you in your health and service!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
So, so glad to hear from you!
I don't want to sound creepy, but I have thought if you often and was so relieved to see you post.
I'm sorry the reconstruction was rough, I feel your pain, I'm still nipping and tucking 18 years after my TRAM flap!!
Hopefully you are done!
I'm very sorry for all the losses you have had to endure. You are one tough cookie, but, even sometimes the cookie crumbles. I'm glad to hear you are back to your old hi jinks! I can't wait to see what you got!!!
Keep she and healthy!
Elisa

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So great to hear from you... And so very sorry for your painful losses... I can't imagine the loss of two dear one's and fighting the good fight against cancer...
You are awe inspiring. If one person reads this and gets the energy to fight this battle that is huge..

ALS, I know it, and hate it.. Really a hard way to go..

So happy you are getting there.... baby steps... welcome back!!! :wavey:

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dear Andelain,
I am SO happy to see you back with us. Don't you fret about me; I totally understand you’re down time and being out of pocket. I sure missed our interactions but it is a small price to pay for your healthy outcome.

You have my deepest heartfelt sympathies over the loss of your sweet heart and your dearest friend. Experiencing loss of loved ones is so hard and especially difficult when it is two in such a short time. I am sending you a Texas sized hug right now. :love:

We all rejoice in your continued healing and recovery. Truly you are a strong willed, mighty fighter to have endured all you have worked through. May your valor be rewarded with improved strength and complete victory!! :appl:

Build me a sand castle over there in your sandbox, with a moat. :lol:

With greatest adoration,
Vera

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back..man you have a tough time of it..I am so sorry for your losses and all the other bad crap that has happened in your life...but its wonderful to hear you are in remission :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a terrible year yet you sound hopeful! So glad you are in remission. Do you not get discharged from the sandbox after cancer?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sending you lots of good vibes, and glad to see you back on PS.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
been some hard times but you are a survivor!
stay safe and keep posting when you can!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear of your tough times. Lots of love and thoughts from someone who knows this disease too well (three family members affected). They got through it in the end, and you will too. And thank you so very much for your fine service xxxxxxxxx

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, nice to hear from ya.. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - you have really been through it! I admire your strength and tenacity - no doubt you are a survivor on many fronts!

Best of luck to you on this mission in the sandbox - I just know you'll come out better and stronger than ever. So glad you've not lost your passion for sparklies - can't wait to see your newest purchase!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back Andelain, all of PS is behind you. :wavey:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I've just now found this thread, and wanted to send you my best wishes and support, Andelain! :wavey:
Your remission is great news! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your sweetheart, and also of your friend.
And of course sending you ongoing emotional support for the job you do.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss of your sweetheart and friend; my prayers are outgoing. I am glad your cancer is in remission. I can't wait to see a bling pic; sending you a big hug and I am so glad you checked in. :halo:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

You are a true warrior, to be respected for your journey. I liked what was said by an above poster that sometimes the cookie crumbles too.

I, too am a cancer survivor of 35 yrs. I know how difficult is it. You are pretty amazing. You take good care in that sandbox.

Annette

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad to hear from you, and so sorry that you've had a hard, hard road. I think of you often. Wishing you a better year ahead. :wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ande - I am SO SORRY for everything you have gone through but you are SO INSPIRING! I'm so glad to hear that you are slowly getting better and that you are back to work, even though the Sandbox is a huge trial in itself. Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm so glad to see you back!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ande,
I cant believe you are back in the sandbox! You are one tough lady! Life has really thrown you
a lot of curve balls lately. I am sorry for your losses but glad to hear you are feeling better.
take good care of yourself (body and soul).

Tyty333

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Good to hear back from you Ande. I was also thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad to hear you're in remission. Much condolences for your SO and your friend. Hoping you'll be able to find peace. Do come back and post some bling, though. Good luck and my prayers will be with you in Afghanistan.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results