shape
carat
color
clarity

can you make a graduated 5 stone with a 6mm stone?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel free to thread jack :D

This has answered my questions.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can you use a stock setting for this. Like a BG 5 ston, could that be graduated?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
You could call and ask. Not all places provide everything but the center. I believe that will be the case with BGD. You'd end up picking all 5 stones. I think IDJ may be your best bet. I've seen some graduated 5 stone rings done by them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking that too. They do nicer claw prongs plus are cheaper. I just don't want to pay custom. If I was I'd go ERD

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
With a 6mm stone, I really love the look of a three stone where all three diamonds are almost the same size. Like, 6mm and then two 5.5mm stones. Although I like smaller diamonds, for my primary ring I really prefer the optics of a bigger RB -- the larger facets really catch the eye. So if I was choosing I would go for three stones and get larger sides. It is unique to have those proportions. And it is the maximum wattage for your money. I also prefer to be able to see some of my finger on the outside of my diamonds, it drawn the eye to the diamonds. That is another reason why I really like three stones about the same size. ETA: I should add that I have owned solitaires, blingy bands, and three stones so my taste was based on my own wearing experience! I was also considering a graduates five stone at one point. But in the end, I prefered other styles. I also think 6mm is a great center stone size for a three stone with large sides. I had a three stone with a 7mm center and 5mm sides and it was a little too much for me :o A 6mm center and 5mm sides, or 5.5mm, would be perfect.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 5 stone graduated band - the center is only about 0.4ct, and they go down from there, but I like the effect when the size difference is more noticeable. Just my personal preference. I also have a 3 stone with a 0.5ct center and baguette sides, again giving that tapering effect, and I love it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I so enjoyed your pear halo with the trinity band. I didn't realize you we're looking to change it. Will you still use the trinity band as your wedding band? That said, I like the five stone ring. I too have been looking to change my ering to work better with the trinity ring. Looking for a thinner band/shank with bagettes, maybe even a new stone (asscher?) lol :/ hubby is getting nervous, haha. Good luck with your new design. Looking forward to seeing what you pick. I like the bigger stone with the smaller sides. Happy shopping

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek|1366334885|3430186 said:
Niel, I so enjoyed your pear halo with the trinity band. I didn't realize you we're looking to change it. Will you still use the trinity band as your wedding band? That said, I like the five stone ring. I too have been looking to change my ering to work better with the trinity ring. Looking for a thinner band/shank with bagettes, maybe even a new stone (asscher?) lol :/ hubby is getting nervous, haha. Good luck with your new design. Looking forward to seeing what you pick. I like the bigger stone with the smaller sides. Happy shopping

My relationship with my pear is rocky. I love ever single thing about it bit its pinpoint sparkle. I am on the fence as to what I am doing, selling or keeping. It breaks my heart. If only a pear sparkled like a round!

I will still be keeping my trinity as my wedding band. Its too amazing.
I can't wait to see what you decide to do :mrgreen:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I sometimes wear my trinity with my three stone ering. Isn't yours the ultra slim like mine? Sometimes I think my ering is too high for the trinity, as it's a trellis. Perhaps a little lower of a setting would look better?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1366371914|3430342 said:
I sometimes wear my trinity with my three stone ering. Isn't yours the ultra slim like mine? Sometimes I think my ering is too high for the trinity, as it's a trellis. Perhaps a little lower of a setting would look better?
I've resolved to take my Trinity to a store and try some three stones on sometime this weekend to see. I wish I had your tiny little fingers your three stone looks absolutely perfect foe your finger.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Niel- how long have you had your trinity? Have you had to get it polished yet? Would you take it to a jeweler or back to Cartier? I recently polished mine with a polishing cloth from E-Wedding Bands and I was shocked to see how tarnished it was. The cloth worked wonders, but I'm curious if the white gold band will eventually need to be re-rhodiumed.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was used but came polished. I'm not wearing it yet because its my wedding band and my wedding isn't until November. But its vintage and the rhodium plating is long gone. I prefer it that way the warm white color seems to match the other bands well, and my e ring is unplated

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - I love that ring referenced above - I would do the marquis bezels in rose gold!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's really pretty! Really expensive I bet :((

What do you think my changes are of me finding somebody selling k color ideal studs?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1366382178|3430420 said:

What do you think my changes are of me finding somebody selling k color ideal studs?

Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't cheap. But what a gorgeous ring.

Hmm... if you're not in any hurry, I would just keep an eye on DB and LT and the pre-loved board. You never know, you might get lucky. Or maybe do a WTB post in pre-loved and see if anyone has anything they'd be interested in selling...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I will definitely be putting out some WTBs when I have the funds. Bit I have to hold off a bit for that. I'm not too hopeful I assume any really good ones people just trade in instead of sell.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1366387449|3430472 said:
Niel|1366382178|3430420 said:

not too hard! :wink2:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond_pair_comparisions/compared_diamond_details/AGS-104056315051/AGS-104056315055

Haha yeah I saw those. I mean second hand though.

But first things first. Convincing the hubby to let me sell the e ring. I've tempted him with another dog, he seems more into it now :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i did this just for proportion purposes, i know it wont look like this on my hand (i wish)
but i did a little math and reduced the stones to what they would look like if they were 4.5mm and 3.5 mm with my center stone. I like the proportions a lot

20130424_1.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1366854726|3434100 said:
i did this just for proportion purposes, i know it wont look like this on my hand (i wish)
but i did a little math and reduced the stones to what they would look like if they were 4.5mm and 3.5 mm with my center stone. I like the proportions a lot

Beautiful graduation!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the proportions for your 5stone?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel--had to look this one up from my thread which has a more subtle graduation but has great finger coverage:

2.04 ctw (0.33/0.41/0.56/0.41/0.33), G VS1-VVS1 stones

4.49/4.82/5.33/4.82/4.50 mm

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah even with an under. 6 ct center that finger coverage is fantastic, what size are your fingers??

Never mind I saw :D

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear a 6 to 6.5 depending on what hand I am wearing a ring on.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so heres whats new.

I was going to go though ERD, but just because Ive heard they are just a great deal i contacted IDJ...

They can do my 4.5 and 3.5 side stone, but to do that they have to do a custom setting. they could do another setting thats .2 and .15 cts, and that would be like 2k less money!

then, i know they could do another one with 5mm and 4mm. I havent gotten the price on that yet, but that would be too large, right?
Im really considering going with IDJ because the price is soo good! but the .2 and .15 ct seem like they would be too small, and the 5mm and 4mm seem to big. bah i dont know :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heres one i did with 3.5 and 3 mm sides. do you think thats about a 2o pointer and a 15 pointer, i couldnt tell

what do you thin is it worth an extra 2 k jsut for the other ratio??

_6025.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1367544551|3439176 said:
heres one i did with 3.5 and 3 mm sides. do you think thats about a 2o pointer and a 15 pointer, i couldnt tell

what do you thin is it worth an extra 2 k jsut for the other ratio??

Very pretty, but I think in the long run you might end up finding those too small. :(

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think your maybe right, im going to see if theres any way they could fit 4mm in the setting. they said it fits 20 pointers, but i mean, could you fit a 25 pointer in a 20 pointer?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results