shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling @canuk-gal

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Hi @canuk-gal. I came across a necklace that you had custom made in 24k (pic attached). I’m pursuing a similar style necklace, also in 24k. If you would be so kind, do you mind helping me with a few questions? This would greatly help with my project. Thank you B401A13C-9D59-4EE4-A1B7-AA681ACF4AB1.jpeg

Attachments

• 18CDE866-76C4-41D1-9610-B4663587827A.jpeg
    18CDE866-76C4-41D1-9610-B4663587827A.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 44

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Absolutely! How can I help?

cheers--Sharon

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Absolutely! How can I help?

cheers--Sharon

Thank you so much!
What finish do you have on the beads (seem high polish ?) how did the necklace hold up with wear over the years ?
Do you still like it ? Anything you would have done differently/changed (now that you have had some time )
Thank you again

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, the beads are high polish and look like new. Granted I don't wear the beads often, but they've held up very well and I love this necklace. I attribute the longevity to the perfect execution of strand ( very well made).

Who will make your strand? Let me know if I can be of any help. Exciting project!

cheers--Sharon

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Yes, the beads are high polish and look like new. Granted I don't wear the beads often, but they've held up very well and I love this necklace. I attribute the longevity to the perfect execution of strand ( very well made).

Who will make your strand? Let me know if I can be of any help. Exciting project!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you ! Does the high polish scratch easily ?Do you wish you had went with larger size balls ? Or a different finish (ex hammered, matt, semi polish)?
Did you ever end up having a matching bracelet made ?

I’m in talks with aauros (Etsy) about this. Tried looking up your jewler but I’m in the USA so not sure how the logistics will work ...(my parents live in Toronto so I can have it shipped to them if anything)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I do store it in a soft Cartier pouch, it does sleep with other gold necklaces! LOL. I should be more careful I suppose. My point is, that for all the wear and tare it looks new.

I am very happy with the size of the ball--as I wanted to emulate the Tiffany necklace. As it is, it is very heavy and I don't think a larger ball would have suited me and it would be too heavy. I can assure you I feel the weight--especially if I layer it.

I haven't been to that jeweller in ages (not convenient parking, etc) so I don't know if they are still in business. I should check it out for you. (there were a lot of jewellers in that mall with 24K stuff).

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

On page 42 of SMTB, I've layered two necklaces. Heavy!

cheers--Sharon

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
HI:

While I do store it in a soft Cartier pouch, it does sleep with other gold necklaces! LOL. I should be more careful I suppose. My point is, that for all the wear and tare it looks new.

I am very happy with the size of the ball--as I wanted to emulate the Tiffany necklace. As it is, it is very heavy and I don't think a larger ball would have suited me and it would be too heavy. I can assure you I feel the weight--especially if I layer it.

I haven't been to that jeweller in ages (not convenient parking, etc) so I don't know if they are still in business. I should check it out for you. (there were a lot of jewellers in that mall with 24K stuff).

cheers--Sharon

Mine will be around 16 inches with 2 inch extender chain. But trying to decide ball size and finish. He is suggesting 10 mm balls with light hammer. I originally wanted a high polish like yours but worried it may show too much scratches/wear ( I have 2 toddlers so worry about them getting a hold of it ). The estimate is coming at 80 grams ....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sounds great!

I have a pair of 22K gold ball earrings, close to 10mm, with a hammered finish. The hammered finish almost looks sparkly! I put the earring up to my neck and the size is great. I think there is a picture of these earrings somewhere.....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Sounds great!

I have a pair of 22K gold ball earrings, close to 10mm, with a hammered finish. The hammered finish almost looks sparkly! I put the earring up to my neck and the size is great. I think there is a picture of these earrings somewhere.....

cheers--Sharon

Thank you for the reply - and for the links to the earrings & necklace...both of which are stunning. I have not seen anything with the hammered finish in real life. So not sure which way to go. Since you have both in your possession...do you think hammered balls would be too much for such a necklace?
The vendor was playing around with the beads and made both a smooth (not yet polished) and a light hammered one. 8B9DF749-2493-4E05-9B9C-47964CB9CC41.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C0E74B7-A737-4AA0-88BF-52614C56AE57.jpeg
    8C0E74B7-A737-4AA0-88BF-52614C56AE57.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 90
  • 11A1CAF8-57E5-414B-A763-ED74FACE3A51.jpeg
    11A1CAF8-57E5-414B-A763-ED74FACE3A51.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 90

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tough call.

I am biased as I wanted to emulate the Tiffany gold hardware, hence I chose the plain polished bead. These beads "glow".

The hammered earrings "sparkle"--all those little hammer marks create a multitude of reflective surfaces that sparkle. IMHO.

You could shout out to other PS'ers for opinions. @AGBF , @yssie , @LLJsmom , @nala , @missy , @Ally T , @Rfisher and anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dhimer I may have missed a few updates - last I recall you were planning to intersperse these beads with pearls, is that not your goal any more?

I bought a band from Aauros - very nice at good pricing. However, I can't imagine that custom making a necklace full of beads is at all cost-effective!! I'd recommend going to your local Chinatown or Little India and checking the jewellery stores there out... 22k and 24k are the norms in Asia, and cost of labour is minimal, and if you just want plain beads - that's such a "standard" ask, you might be able to get what you're looking for at significantly lower expense than custom made in the US...

This is not what you're looking for. Just an example.

Also... Gold is coming down but it's still stratospheric. At 83g you're talking 5k spot, for 24k. It may come down further. I personally am not buying anything materials-intensive right now.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My necklace was "custom" made in HK, took several months (I ordered right before the NY so bad timing on my part...) but sourced through my favorite vendor in Chinatown. @yssie makes good points that what you want could already exist at local places that deal with high carat jewellery.

cheers--Sharon

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
@dhimer I may have missed a few updates - last I recall you were planning to intersperse these beads with pearls, is that not your goal any more?

I bought a band from Aauros - very nice at good pricing. However, I can't imagine that custom making a necklace full of beads is at all cost-effective!! I'd recommend going to your local Chinatown or Little India and checking the jewellery stores there out... 22k and 24k are the norms in Asia, and cost of labour is minimal, and if you just want plain beads - that's such a "standard" ask, you might be able to get what you're looking for at significantly lower expense than custom made in the US...

This is not what you're looking for. Just an example.

Also... Gold is coming down but it's still stratospheric. At 83g you're talking 5k spot, for 24k. It may come down further. I personally am not buying anything materials-intensive right now.

Hi @yssie. I updated the other post in the pearl thread regarding the changes. The short of it is that I’m not finding the pearls I need for the project. So I dropped them out of the running and thought I would make a similar necklace to what @Canuck-gal has. Logic being that I could never afford a quality strand of 24k gss but this will scratch the itch.
You make a good point about cost of gold and labour costs outside of the US. Unfortunately where I live there are no major Asian/south Asian stores. Maybe I need to regroup and reconsider my wants list
My inlaws are planning on going to India in October. I could as my MIL to find a ready made version for me there.

This is not in topic here but....I think I am purchasing these SOC pearls, the ones in the middle ,after having your feedback and blessing of course ) thoughts ? 99D6CD92-EFCD-4049-962A-CC568BF1DF38.jpeg

Attachments

• 803992FC-E988-49A0-8176-E20F1856434E.png
    803992FC-E988-49A0-8176-E20F1856434E.png
    480.1 KB · Views: 1,063
  • C8294573-209C-4DAA-98FD-6E4E1DD02F0A.png
    C8294573-209C-4DAA-98FD-6E4E1DD02F0A.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 1,083

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait - no luck getting even multicoloured Tahitians from any vendors? (Moline, Pearl Paradise, Takahashi). Worth inquiring about gold south seas with Pearl Paradise and Takahashi, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Otherwise if you’re finally final on the all-gold and you have a good relationship with your MIL - I would 100% wait for Her trip to India and see what she might be able to make happen in-person. Given how substantial the savings may be - it’s worth checking, for sure.

Re. The SOC - beautiful options ::) My eyes go to the middles too, or the bottoms if you want more round shapes. The pink and green is a relatively common colour combo (although superbly bright colouring is always rare!), bright blues like bottom right are more unusual. If that makes any difference to you.

Last edited:

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Hi @dhimer - I saw this on IG and thought of you!

It’s 18k but the bloomed finish gives it a 22k vibe. $2100.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Wait - no luck getting even multicoloured Tahitians from any vendors? (Moline, Pearl Paradise, Takahashi). Worth inquiring about gold south seas with Pearl Paradise and Takahashi, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Otherwise if you’re finally final on the all-gold and you have a good relationship with your MIL - I would 100% wait for Her trip to India and see what she might be able to make happen in-person. Given how substantial the savings may be - it’s worth checking, for sure.

Re. The SOC - beautiful options ::) My eyes go to the middles too, or the bottoms if you want more round shapes. The pink and green is a relatively common colour combo (although superbly bright colouring is always rare!), bright blues like bottom right are more unusual. If that makes any difference to you.

I couldn’t find Tahitian options that were in budget - everything I liked was out of reach (at least at this moment since I don’t feel confident enough to pick pearls in that $$$)
I think I will have my MIL get me a readymade one in India since this style is quite common there.
Which means more play $ for me now :)

Back to the SOC - when you say the colors are common or rare, do you mean as far as SOCs go ? Or common/rare over all pearl types ?
I included a video link to all 3 of the pearls for your consideration and feedback

And another video of the middle pair

Do any of these pass the @yssie test? Would they be good enough to be purchased and worn by the PS pearl queen (that’s you ). I really value your opinion because I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to pearls. Thank you again

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Hi @dhimer - I saw this on IG and thought of you!

It’s 18k but the bloomed finish gives it a 22k vibe. $2100.

This is pretty. Thank you for thinking of me. As you said , it Looks closer to 22k :) This is a contender

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t find Tahitian options that were in budget - everything I liked was out of reach (at least at this moment since I don’t feel confident enough to pick pearls in that $$$)
I think I will have my MIL get me a readymade one in India since this style is quite common there.
Which means more play $ for me now :)

Back to the SOC - when you say the colors are common or rare, do you mean as far as SOCs go ? Or common/rare over all pearl types ?
I included a video link to all 3 of the pearls for your consideration and feedback

And another video of the middle pair

Do any of these pass the @yssie test? Would they be good enough to be purchased and worn by the PS pearl queen (that’s you ). I really value your opinion because I have no clue what I’m doing when it comes to pearls. Thank you again

Lol I don’t know about any of that but I’m happy to help as much as I can… I should add that @canuk-gal saw the light and jumped on the right akoya (Mikimoto!) train wayyyyy before me… :bigsmile:

So in general there are two types of “baroque” pearls (of any sort, SOC and other types) - there are the types that look like “normal” spheres or teardrops but they’re a touch off-kilter, and there are the types that just look like rocks, lumpy and bumpy with random contusions everywhere. These are all of the first type - first and third pairs are almost-spheres, middle are almost-teardrops. What that means is that the colours can be bright, but they’re also going to be pretty predictable - in that middle pair you’re going to see a red eye with a green halo from pretty much every angle.

Here’s one of @lilmosun‘s rock-esque baroques. (They were mine once upon a time, hence me sharing the video). The shape is more lumpy, which allows for more random colourplay.

The farm grades based on certain characteristics… These are my observations of their grading over the years:
Brighter colour = brownie points.
More colours = no extra brownie points.
Smoother skin = brownie points.
Less blemishing = brownie points.
Near-sphere or near-teardrop shape = brownie points.
More luster = no extra brownie points.
Medium body (over very dark or very light) = brownie points.
Bigger size = brownie points.
Their grading is also very dependent on immediate comparisons, so what they call “gem” might be A+ one year and Gem+ another year.

So the farm’s grading and your personal priorities may or may not line up exactly. For me, I tend to favour a dark body and rock-like shape (more random and multicoloured iridescence). But that’s my preference, formed in part by the pearls I already own - I’ve got plenty of spheres and teardrops, I don’t feel any need for more! For someone newer to pearls or even just new to Cortez pearls I would choose the middle pair of those three options, a classic near-teardrop shape with nicely matched colouring; you can always go more rocky later on if you decide that’s what you fancy!

Edit: Green and pink is a relatively common combination with both Tahitians and SOC. That doesn’t make it undesirable by any means.

Last edited:

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Lol I don’t know about any of that but I’m happy to help as much as I can… I should add that @canuk-gal saw the light and jumped on the right akoya (Mikimoto!) train wayyyyy before me… :bigsmile:

So in general there are two types of “baroque” pearls (of any sort, SOC and other types) - there are the types that look like “normal” spheres or teardrops but they’re a touch off-kilter, and there are the types that just look like rocks, lumpy and bumpy with random contusions everywhere. These are all of the first type - first and third pairs are almost-spheres, middle are almost-teardrops. What that means is that the colours can be bright, but they’re also going to be pretty predictable - in that middle pair you’re going to see a red eye with a green halo from pretty much every angle.

Here’s one of @lilmosun‘s rock-esque baroques. (They were mine once upon a time, hence me sharing the video). The shape is more lumpy, which allows for more random colourplay.

The farm grades based on certain characteristics… These are my observations of their grading over the years:
Brighter colour = brownie points.
More colours = no extra brownie points.
Smoother skin = brownie points.
Less blemishing = brownie points.
Near-sphere or near-teardrop shape = brownie points.
More luster = no extra brownie points.
Medium body (over very dark or very light) = brownie points.
Bigger size = brownie points.
Their grading is also very dependent on immediate comparisons, so what they call “gem” might be A+ one year and Gem+ another year.

So the farm’s grading and your personal priorities may or may not line up exactly. For me, I tend to favour a dark body and rock-like shape (more random and multicoloured iridescence). But that’s my preference, formed in part by the pearls I already own - I’ve got plenty of spheres and teardrops, I don’t feel any need for more! For someone newer to pearls or even just new to Cortez pearls I would choose the middle pair of those three options, a classic near-teardrop shape with nicely matched colouring; you can always go more rocky later on if you decide that’s what you fancy!

Edit: Green and pink is a relatively common combination with both Tahitians and SOC. That doesn’t make it undesirable by any means.

Thank you for your detailed response. I’m not surprised that @Canuck-gal jumped on the akoya train first ...she has fabulous taste!
Those earrings are *heart eyes*. I’m a few months too late to the game and missed out.
The inconsistent farm grading is giving me pause...I do seem drawn to the green/pink/red color because I think they may look best with my complexion (gold, Mediterranean skin)

I’ve been on such a pearl obsession. So here are all the other things I’m considering
1) these mikimoto black south sea- around 8mm found used. Not sure if worth it because it seems like better quality ones may be found elsewhere ?
2) this multicolor akoya bracelet from takahashi (the smaller pearl one )
3) these lavender/grey studs from takahashi
Could I have some feedback please ?

Attachments

• 5851EA59-6EC8-4E30-A793-9AC7F1C1833D.jpeg
    5851EA59-6EC8-4E30-A793-9AC7F1C1833D.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 55631811-A3F8-4AB3-BA67-DB724626BDF0.jpeg
    55631811-A3F8-4AB3-BA67-DB724626BDF0.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,058
  • 58F81CAA-FE22-4C8A-8CFE-F4239EC6A345.jpeg
    58F81CAA-FE22-4C8A-8CFE-F4239EC6A345.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 25FC328B-D25A-4255-9557-9741A6BDFDE8.jpeg
    25FC328B-D25A-4255-9557-9741A6BDFDE8.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,252

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your detailed response. I’m not surprised that @Canuck-gal jumped on the akoya train first ...she has fabulous taste!
Those earrings are *heart eyes*. I’m a few months too late to the game and missed out.
The inconsistent farm grading is giving me pause...I do seem drawn to the green/pink/red color because I think they may look best with my complexion (gold, Mediterranean skin)

I’ve been on such a pearl obsession. So here are all the other things I’m considering
Instead of the SoC or in addition? SOC are weird little pearls, these others are more traditional…

1) these mikimoto black south sea- around 8mm found used. Not sure if worth it because it seems like better quality ones may be found elsewhere ?
Having seen a fair number of Mikimoto Tahitian pearls - meh. You can get better quality for less from Pearl Paradise.

If you want a multicolour akoya Takahashi is the place to go! It’s not a very “classic” strand though… Like pastel Easter eggs.

On the 7-7.5 card - top right
On the 8-8.5 card - middle or top. Middle has stronger contrast but overtone colour isn’t perfectly matched. Top has less strong iridescence but looks like a better overtone colour match. Top right 7-7.5 has the best overtone (colour and strength) match.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Instead of the SoC or in addition? SOC are weird little pearls, these others are more traditional…

Having seen a fair number of Mikimoto Tahitian pearls - meh. You can get better quality for less from Pearl Paradise.

If you want a multicolour akoya Takahashi is the place to go! It’s not a very “classic” strand though… Like pastel Easter eggs.

On the 7-7.5 card - top right
On the 8-8.5 card - middle or top. Middle has stronger contrast but overtone colour isn’t perfectly matched. Top has less strong iridescence but looks like a better overtone colour match. Top right 7-7.5 has the best overtone (colour and strength) match.

Ok the miki Tahitians are out of the running. So is the pastel color bracelet (for now )
So what I want would be 1 everyday wear type of pearl studs (with casual wear clothes mostly) and one “special occasion” pearl ( one that won’t get used/abused/maybe more dressy )
For the everyday studs I was at first thinking white akoya- a classic but then went to a store that carries MIkimoto (granted only A quality) and found them too boring. Maybe my feelings may have been different had I seen the AAA ones. Hence why I turned to colored akoyas/SOC
I have never seen grey/blue/gold akoya in person. I have not seen SOC in person. So for everyday studs I could go with those more round SOCs in the blue tone above. Or I can look for non-white akoya studs ...As you can see, I’m all over the place. All I know is that I MUST have pearls. Beautiful, best quality pearls (budget abt 1k USD for each type, size no bigger than 8-8.5 )

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok the miki Tahitians are out of the running. So is the pastel color bracelet (for now )
So what I want would be 1 everyday wear type of pearl studs (with casual wear clothes mostly) and one “special occasion” pearl ( one that won’t get used/abused/maybe more dressy )
For the everyday studs I was at first thinking white akoya- a classic but then went to a store that carries MIkimoto (granted only A quality) and found them too boring. Maybe my feelings may have been different had I seen the AAA ones. Hence why I turned to colored akoyas/SOC
I have never seen grey/blue/gold akoya in person. I have not seen SOC in person. So for everyday studs I could go with those more round SOCs in the blue tone above. Or I can look for non-white akoya studs ...As you can see, I’m all over the place. All I know is that I MUST have pearls. Beautiful, best quality pearls (budget abt 1k USD for each type, size no bigger than 8-8.5 )

Well that's something both me and @canuk-gal can understand - best for the budget no compromises please and thank you :lol: Just a couple more comments from me and then I'll give this thread back to its rightful addressee.

I think for mismatched earrings to work there has to be something tying both earrings together... And with round pearls that's got to be the mount. A unique halo, a bezel, something that "mates" those two otherwise-different pearls. With baroque pearls you have a bit more freedom because the matched (or visually evenly weighted) shapes of the pearls themselves takes on a lot of that "mating" burden. So for me - definitely not on the SOC rounds, they're not close to mated and I think they'll just look oddly mismatched on the ear (as plain studs).

Akoya are so classic. The perfect pearls for the size range you want. Here's the thing, though... I don't think grey or gold akoya are more exciting than white!! They're all the same, in that there's one body colour and one overtone colour and that's pretty much that. They behave exactly the same way... The only thing that varies is what those specific body and overtone colours are!

I'm a huge white akoya fan. I should say that up front. :bigsmile: I have both grey/blue and white akoya studs and I wear the whites 9/10 times more than the blue. Blue hardly ever leave the jewellery box TBH. The whites are so classic, and they go with every outfit... I have darker olive skin (I'm guessing I'm darker than you but maybe not by a huge amount) and my akoya blues aren't very saturated in colour, they look icy on me more than "actively grey" or "actively blue". Contrasting more than complementary. A very striking look, but somewhat limiting in terms of wardrobe, for me. Whereas I think my white akoya (I like strong pink overtone) have just enough warmth to turn the warmth in my skin into glow :love: For everyday I would 100% choose spectacular whites over any other colour! At least to start out ::)

One white pair and one blue pair, both from Takahashi, W-B-W-B L-R:
1658597028253.png

Same two pairs, B-B-W-W L-R:
1658597369604.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just opened this thread on my computer and if you go with the grey akoya - definitely the top right 7-7.5mm if you want the best match, or the middle 8-8.5 if you want stronger pink overtone (also slightly more contrasty pearls, but this wouldn't make the decision for me).

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Well that's something both me and @canuk-gal can understand - best for the budget no compromises please and thank you :lol: Just a couple more comments from me and then I'll give this thread back to its rightful addressee.

I think for mismatched earrings to work there has to be something tying both earrings together... And with round pearls that's got to be the mount. A unique halo, a bezel, something that "mates" those two otherwise-different pearls. With baroque pearls you have a bit more freedom because the matched (or visually evenly weighted) shapes of the pearls themselves takes on a lot of that "mating" burden. So for me - definitely not on the SOC rounds, they're not close to mated and I think they'll just look oddly mismatched on the ear (as plain studs).

Akoya are so classic. The perfect pearls for the size range you want. Here's the thing, though... I don't think grey or gold akoya are more exciting than white!! They're all the same, in that there's one body colour and one overtone colour and that's pretty much that. They behave exactly the same way... The only thing that varies is what those specific body and overtone colours are!

I'm a huge white akoya fan. I should say that up front. :bigsmile: I have both grey/blue and white akoya studs and I wear the whites 9/10 times more than the blue. Blue hardly ever leave the jewellery box TBH. The whites are so classic, and they go with every outfit... I have darker olive skin (I'm guessing I'm darker than you but maybe not by a huge amount) and my akoya blues aren't very saturated in colour, they look icy on me more than "actively grey" or "actively blue". Contrasting more than complementary. A very striking look, but somewhat limiting in terms of wardrobe, for me. Whereas I think my white akoya (I like strong pink overtone) have just enough warmth to turn the warmth in my skin into glow :love: For everyday I would 100% choose spectacular whites over any other colour! At least to start out ::)

1658597028253.png

1658597369604.png

1658597028253.png

1658597369604.png

Thank you again for the reply. It seems SOCs studs are not in my budget (the matching round ones I see available are way over budget )

Those studs in the pictures are beautiful. I see what you mean about the icyness of the blue pearls...and the contrast vs complimentary aspect.
I guess I should give quality white akoyas a try and can always accumulate more pearls as I go along.
To that end ...I just purchased a used mikimoto bracelet at 50% off retail(have not received it yet ). It doesn’t list the quality but my guess would be A I plan this to be my beater/rough wear bracelet.
Also...my local jr dunn has the same bracelet in A+ and AA...They would have to special order it in AAA. I’m waiting to receive the other bracelet to see if I want to upgrade the quality
Here is the A + next to AAA earrings
284E5FE8-60B1-404B-9EFE-A9C51F6BD1EC.jpeg
Here is the aa next to aaa earrings
EF4443E8-6E06-4DDB-BEB3-727CC5AE5144.jpeg
And the bracelets next to each other
D 3DB3E34D-4DCD-4E93-B52F-169D5C64B132.jpeg
My DH thinks I have went crazy because I have been staring at pearls all week! But I only have limited bling budget left and want to use it wisely. Lol. He is a watch person so he is saying to forgo all these things in favor of another Rolex

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One question re. the preloved bracelet - do you just want reasonable pearls, or the Mikimoto clasp, or is it important to you to own a fully authentic Mikimoto branded piece? It's unfortunately very common to see authentic (or superfake) clasps on non-Mikimoto pearls. Sometimes the stringing gives it away but often - especially older pieces - you can't know for sure. Whether or not that matters to you depends on what you're looking for, though!

I believe AAA comes with the platinum and diamond clasp by default.

I have #BeaterPearls too. If there was ever a sign of initiation lol.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
One question re. the preloved bracelet - do you just want reasonable pearls, or the Mikimoto clasp, or is it important to you to own a fully authentic Mikimoto branded piece? It's unfortunately very common to see authentic (or superfake) clasps on non-Mikimoto pearls. Sometimes the stringing gives it away but often - especially older pieces - you can't know for sure. Whether or not that matters to you depends on what you're looking for, though!

I believe AAA comes with the platinum and diamond clasp by default.

I have #BeaterPearls too. If there was ever a sign of initiation lol.

I do like the mikimoto clasp - but the main reason for the purchase is because having a miki item kind of takes the guesswork out of the equation for me (similiar to Going with Whiteflash ). Otherwise I don’t care for the brand name.
I got it from the real real which is supposed to authenticate items ? But you make a good point above about some believable fakes.
I just know I want a pair of pearl studs and a bracelet with smaller pearls ....with fab luster and quality. If you have any top contenders for me, I would be more then grateful :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results