carat
color
clarity

Pearl earrings....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore these earrings......http://www.tiffany.ca/jewelry/earri...tile=highlight&fromcid=129074&trackgridpos=25

.......but I already have these Tiffany earrings in Tahitian. It is silly to duplicate style with a different pearl?

I have white SS earrings that are simply to big for me. Really what I am looking for is a simple "white" Akoya pearl stud....7-8mm max. But I love those Tiffany earrings with the diamond......

Does anyone here have the Tiffany plain Akoya stud? How do you find the quality?

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I think these will be beautiful earrings for you. I don't think it's silly to have the same style with different pearl.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Marcy:

Thanks for answering my post.:wavey: It was crickets!!

Anyway, I did go shopping today and had a good look. I loved the Tiffany diamond earring but the pearl was just a bit too small for me at app. 7-7.5 mm. So I will not be repeating that earring. Their other studs were great quality--but did not have any 7.5-8mm for me to try on. And they were rosy.

Birks had some 7.5-8mm silver white. Really nice earrings. ALMOST bought them but I really want to compare to the MikiMoto.

I have ordered some pearl studs from MM 8-8.5mm earrings that are coming elsewhere. When they get here I will examine and decide. I would be lying if I said brand did not influence me.:confused2::lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know PP does custom earrings so they could probably replicate those Tiffany ones for you with the size pearl you desire. Just a thought!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know PP does custom earrings so they could probably replicate those Tiffany ones for you with the size pearl you desire. Just a thought!!

Thanks. I think I'll stick to the stud as I have diamond jackets that I can wear with a single pearl. I just wanted to go to Tiffany lolol

cheers--Sharon

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI Marcy:

Thanks for answering my post.:wavey: It was crickets!!

Anyway, I did go shopping today and had a good look. I loved the Tiffany diamond earring but the pearl was just a bit too small for me at app. 7-7.5 mm. So I will not be repeating that earring. Their other studs were great quality--but did not have any 7.5-8mm for me to try on. And they were rosy.

Birks had some 7.5-8mm silver white. Really nice earrings. ALMOST bought them but I really want to compare to the MikiMoto.

I have ordered some pearl studs from MM 8-8.5mm earrings that are coming elsewhere. When they get here I will examine and decide. I would be lying if I said brand did not influence me.:confused2::lol-2:

cheers--Sharon
I am looking forward to seeing these, i had a previous post RE a similar size Akoyas. I thought I wanted 7.5mm hanadama but maybe they will be too small after all. Are yours Hanadama? Or does MM have their own grading system? I have baby 4.5mm MM studs from my high school graduation, I still wear them sometimes but they are really small on my now mature face!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

RB--too big or too small. Such a fine line!

My white SS pearls are simply cartoonish on me. While I have a bfh, my ears lobes are small and suffer from deflate gate. Notwithstanding my piercings are uneven and the right earring droops. Larger pearls are heavier...ugh, drooping is SO NOT flattering.

I have already given my GSSP and non branded Tahitian pearls studs to my sister. Too large for me but she likes them and she is naturally blonde so they look very well on her.

I'll keep my Tiffany Tahitian pearl and diamond earrings as they are great--while a bit large. Funny the black really appears smaller on the ear even if the mm size is the same as white or golden. And the Tiffany earrings are gorgeous. I love brands.:P2 Oh and I'll keep my SoC and Lake K drops from Kojima.

If the MM pearl earrings are as reputed (their grading scale A-AAA) then the $$ is worth it for me. They have both 7.5-8 and 8-8.5 available, so I'll see about tone and size. I do want silver/white and if the larger earring doesn't sit perfectly in my right ear, then smaller it is but only if it is not rosy. If they do not work, I will buy the Birks 7.5-8mm Akoyas I saw today in 18K white gold.

I did take a picture of the earrings sizes on my fingers and I am surprised at the visual difference on my hand. Between my ears--harder to get a perspective except I noticed the larger pearl was almost at the end of my right lobe and I want it centered.

Sorry for the thesis. FWIW--I love small earrings. I'll bet your MM are very sweet. Small earrings and big necklace????:mrgreen2:

PS I saw your post and pearlsngems made an erudite reply as to size

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hanadama-studs-in-6-5mm-size.240207/

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon,

Yes the visual are so surprising! And I definitely feel more comfortable with Tahitians at the above 8mm size. Yes the MM pack so much impact even when they are so small, but it just makes me feel like a little girl at that size which is also a strange feeling. I love the softer/more velvety luster of my SS pearls but too bad they don’t come in smaller size!

Yes a large round strand of SS or Tahitians will be lovely... one day...

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I love Mikimoto and I vote for pearl studs, go with Mikimoto. The akoyas glow like crazy and they light up your face. Good luck!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon,

Yes the visual are so surprising! And I definitely feel more comfortable with Tahitians at the above 8mm size. Yes the MM pack so much impact even when they are so small, but it just makes me feel like a little girl at that size which is also a strange feeling. I love the softer/more velvety luster of my SS pearls but too bad they don’t come in smaller size!

Yes a large round strand of SS or Tahitians will be lovely... one day...

How lovely your earrings make you feel young! (as I suspect you, biologically, are....then small earrings add value:mrgreen2:)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I love Mikimoto and I vote for pearl studs, go with Mikimoto. The akoyas glow like crazy and they light up your face. Good luck!

Yes, lighting my face would be great----just not my ear lobes. lol

If only there were a ray tracing technology to reflect pearl light up my face and not down my lobe.......:mrgreen2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, the MM sound like really nice pearls. I hope they are just what you want. Quality pearls definitely are worth the money. I have the same problem with my earlobes, they are small and the right one is a bit lower and that lobe curls down. It makes it hard to find something that looks good on both ears.

I can’t wait to see what you get.
Marcy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing that I can reply to this thread, but I have Tiffany silver-white studs at 8.5mm! I love them and think they are a perfect size! I like my earrings a step higher than my necklaces, and I am attemping to figure out a long strand at the moment. :confused2:

But I think it's fine to have two pair of the same style as long as the pearls are different, especially in a classic style like the pearl and small diamond.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore these earrings......http://www.tiffany.ca/jewelry/earri...tile=highlight&fromcid=129074&trackgridpos=25

.......but I already have these Tiffany earrings in Tahitian. It is silly to duplicate style with a different pearl?

Late to this thread but wanted to chime in and say not at all silly to duplicate the style with a different pearl. It is a gorgeous style and I know it will be beautiful on you:love:
I love pearls and diamonds. It's a classic combination.:appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my favorite pearl stud setting. Easy to replicate.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings. Also, the mikimoto version (but slightly smaller) was just posted on the preloved board

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got my pearl earrings 7.5mm-8. I am SO happy with the size, color and the pearls. Mikimoto all the way!

Attachments

• pearls.png
    pearls.png
    879.3 KB · Views: 52

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I appreciated your advise! I am very happy!!!!!! (and they look awesome with my diamond earring jackets....)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the sheen on your Mikimoto pearl earrings. I never could wear my diamond earring jackets because my smaller studs would rock in the space..and the colors and quality are too different.My larger studs don’t fit..I love my jackets and was toying with getting gemstone studs..so I can wear them. They’re smaller than yours but very pretty.. I’m afraid to buy the mikimoto pearls because of scratching. You’re brave! You solved my problem! I just bought akoyo pearls..little ones..so I can see how they fit in the jackets. I want them to nestle in. I’m getting them on Friday..I hope they work!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the sheen on your Mikimoto pearl earrings. I never could wear my diamond earring jackets because my smaller studs would rock in the space..and the colors and quality are too different.My larger studs don’t fit..I love my jackets and was toying with getting gemstone studs..so I can wear them. They’re smaller than yours but very pretty.. I’m afraid to buy the mikimoto pearls because of scratching. You’re brave! You solved my problem! I just bought akoyo pearls..little ones..so I can see how they fit in the jackets. I want them to nestle in. I’m getting them on Friday..I hope they work!

Come back with pictures!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come back with pictures!
Mine aren’t Mikimoto..I would be afraid they would scratch! I’m going to test the size and see if they scratch. If they don’t I’ll get the Mikimoto earrings. I think I went too small because I don’t know the size of the jackets...which okay because I can wear them alone..:loopy:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal My pearls came today but they are super small. I have no idea what size my jackets are because I bought them years ago. My jackets are smaller in the diamond halo but maybe the same size where the stud or pearl goes. I bought 5-5.5mm and they are so small! I’m sending them back and will re-order. My 1.80 ctw studs would fit in there but the setting keeps it from being flat. I wouldn’t wear them with those studs because they don’t sit well in there and the quality of the diamonds are better in the jackets. My good studs are too big for the jackets ...I thought a smaller pearl would be better..:think: What size do you think I should try?

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal My pearls came today but they are super small. I have no idea what size my jackets are because I bought them years ago. My jackets are smaller in the diamond halo but maybe the same size where the stud or pearl goes. I bought 5-5.5mm and they are so small! I’m sending them back and will re-order. My 1.80 ctw studs would fit in there but the setting keeps it from being flat. I wouldn’t wear them with those studs because they don’t sit well in there and the quality of the diamonds are better in the jackets. My good studs are too big for the jackets ...I thought a smaller pearl would be better..:think: What size do you think I should try?

Sorry they are not a good fit. I understand what you are saying as my jackets would be too large for a 5.5 mm pearl. Incidentally my pearls @7.5-8mm are not a perfect fit either--in the photos I took I could see an airline.

I have 22k gold ball studs that look and fit in my jackets perfectly and I believe they are 8.5mm or a bit larger . My suggestion is you go to a store that sells inexpensive jewellery (e.g. Wallmart) and buy some silver or fake pearl balls studs to give you perspective. FWIW, I'd buy sizes from 7.5mm-9.

Does this make sense?

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry they are not a good fit. I understand what you are saying as my jackets would be too large for a 5.5 mm pearl. Incidentally my pearls @7.5-8mm are not a perfect fit either--in the photos I took I could see an airline.

I have 22k gold ball studs that look and fit in my jackets perfectly and I believe they are 8.5mm or a bit larger . My suggestion is you go to a store that sells inexpensive jewellery (e.g. Wallmart) and buy some silver or fake pearl balls studs to give you perspective. FWIW, I'd buy sizes from 7.5mm-9.

Does this make sense?
That’s a great idea..Thanks!
cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean ear bob.png

a picture of my large Spess garnets in the jackets. They tip over the edge--cant see it here but they do 3 stone.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean ear bob.png

a picture of my large Spess garnets in the jackets. They tip over the edge--cant see it here but they do 3 stone.png
I love them! I was thinking of getting a colored stone..What size are your Spess Garnets? Looking at your pic I’m sure my jackets are smaller than yours. I’ll see if I can find something to stick in the jackets and post it here tomorrow..I just drove from Pa to my other house in Maryland..and I’m pooped..I did bring my jewelry pouch so I’ll dig through..:geek2:

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't recall!!
Yup..That’s what happened with my jackets..I wish I could measure them but I’m terrible at it..So simple but not for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results