color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Feb03Bride!!

Date: 8/25/2009 5:49:09 PM
Author: meresal
I just wanted to join the group. We found out we were pregnant Saturday night, and had my ultrasound this morning. We are just about 4.5 weeks!!
9.gif
Our EDD is April 26th!!

I hope to learn and share alot with you all. I can honestly say we are starting at square 1 and can use all the help possible. We haven''t told our parents yet, I know that mine will be excited, this will be the 6th GC for them... but the IL''s I am 100% will not be thrilled. They have stated numerous times how they think we should wait a few years, and are not going to take the news well.

Did anyone have this situation with one or both sets of parents? Especially those that found out they were pregnant soon after the wedding?

Congrats Meresal! How romantic! A wedding night baby!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mere!! LOL, Pils mentioned it in a thread in BWW, and I thought WHAT?! Not the Mere that said they were waiting a few years!! Good luck with the ILs, eh, yeah.
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cello on the baby boy! Please don''t worry if you think your posts are debbie downers---the best place to come vent is right here! Especially because there is almost always a lady who might have been in the same place and can offer advice.

My boss and his wife are expecting a baby boy also! We are all completely excited because my husband is best
friends with the boss and his wife is becoming a great friend also (We all work at the same company)She is due exactly two months after me---so we are already planning on the boys playing baseball together and setting up play dates.

Still no news from the doctor on the glucola test.

We go in for our 4-d elective u/s tonight! I''m sooooo excited, I even had dreams about it last night!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again eveyone! We get more excited by the day!

Fiery- Can you believe it!!!!???!!! Thank you! Congratulations on your little girl. I''ve been trying to find pictures but have been unsuccessful. Did you post any? (other than that adorable foot of toesies in your AV??
30.gif
)

February- Congratulations!

Date: 8/26/2009 11:15:04 AM
Author: sunnyd
Congrats Mere!! LOL, Pils mentioned it in a thread in BWW, and I thought WHAT?! Not the Mere that said they were waiting a few years!! Good luck with the ILs, eh, yeah.
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks!! Yes, sunny, that would be me
5.gif
!! LOL!! C likes to say, "I wasn''t unplanned, it was just earlier than expected!" We''re already talking the wonderful getaway we''ll take either before the baby is born or soon after.
36.gif

cello- Congratulations on DH getting the hook up from his company. That is incredible!!

I made appointmets with 3 doctors, and the first is tomorrow morning, so we are telling his parents tonight! Eek. I do hope that they surprise us.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 5:49:09 PM
I just wanted to join the group. We found out we were pregnant Saturday night, and had my ultrasound this morning. We are just about 4.5 weeks!!
9.gif
Our EDD is April 26th!!
Whoa...Wait...what??!!!!

I can''t believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you wasted noooo time lady!
28.gif
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif

Congratulations Meresal! Verrrry exciting news!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap, Mere! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I saw your name on here and thought maybe you were popping in to congratulate someone else... but nope. It was you!

How exciting!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 12:02:33 PM
Thanks again eveyone! We get more excited by the day!

Fiery- Can you believe it!!!!???!!! Thank you! Congratulations on your little girl. I''ve been trying to find pictures but have been unsuccessful. Did you post any? (other than that adorable foot of toesies in your AV??
30.gif
)

I made appointmets with 3 doctors, and the first is tomorrow morning, so we are telling his parents tonight! Eek. I do hope that they surprise us.
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and telling C''s parents tonight!

I''ve posted photos here (towards the bottom). She''s bigger now though (the girl loves to eat)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, DH is NOT happy
15.gif
He''s on a business trip right now so we''ve been dealing with this long distance. He''s very upset about it. I hate that I''m so focused on his reaction because I don''t have time to focus on how I really feel, absorbing it as well and letting myself get excited. I feel like getting excited is a bad thing
40.gif
. I wish DH and I could just jump past this phase and get to just being happy about it!

Anyway, has anyone cut out caffeine? I''m not a coffee drinker but I do drink 1-2 Cokes a day. I''m actually looking forward to cutting out soda and eating better overall. Did anyone get headaches? Or do you need to be a huge caffeine drinker to get the headaches I''ve read about?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Meresal, congrats! My best friend had a wedding night baby last year too - how exciting for you!

February, congrats, but I''m sorry to hear that your husband is not so excited yet. I guess it''s a shock since you''re on the pill, but I''m sure he''ll come around.

You guys, I''m due April 20, so it looks like we''ll all be due to deliver within a week or two of each other. I''m looking forward to following our pregnancies together!

Cello, congrats on your little boy!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m just posting a gripe about this early pregnancy fatigue - I just don''t have the energy to do ANYTHING. My poor little boy who''s almost 3 is being such a peach, but I feel so bad that he''s stuck in the house with me all day, watching me lie on the couch. I used to take him out and about every day, but these days walking up the stairs is taking all of the life out of me. Thank goodness that he starts preschool 2 afternoons a week in two weeks - hopefully the teachers & other kids will be playing with him more than I am right now ... It''s funny, because I worked through my first pregnancy, and I don''t remember being this tired ...

Also, I picked up a cold last week, that has lingered and not totally gone away. Now I have a sore throat (I think it''s from the post-nasal drip) but it''s just really not helping this general fatigue and feeling yucky that comes with the first trimester. I''m only 6 weeks now - I can''t believe I have 6 more weeks of this dragging feeling to go. Can''t wait for that second semester pep to kick in!
emsmile.gif

Also, just 5 more days until my first ultrasound - then I can finally found out how many are in there - hopefully just one!
emwink.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, do these tests look positive? My best friend wanted to see the tests so I e-mailed her the photo I sent DH. She called back and said that the tests look negative and that I must be confused...? DH can clearly see the positive line and I did warn her that it looks a bit faded in the picture.

frepgtest1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your friend is obviously not well versed in pregnancy tests. Those are positive Feb! And congrats!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops double!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Feb-Those are definitely positive tests. Congrats again!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, definitely positive. Wonder why she'd say that.
33.gif
A line is a line.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Feb - definitely positive. Congrats!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Feb
those are clearly positive. Congrats.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
definitely positive!!! CONGRATS FEB!!!!!!! I am sorry DH is not happy...but he will come around. My BIL was not happy when he first got the news about my sister being pregnant...that only lasted a few days!. he will come around, hang in there!

Welcome and congrats Meresal!!!

Tao, it took my Dr a full two days before getting back to me with the 3-hour test results. Hang in there!!!

Steph, I''m voting girl for you!

Viz, I love that idea but DH vetoed it a while back.....boo on him! I love it though!!!!!

Thanks Natalina!! :))

Cello, you''re not a debbie downer at all...I''m sure anyone else in your situation would not have such a great attitude after everything you''ve been through!. CONGRATS and welcome to team Blue!!!

Vesper, I hear you on the fatigue...that was (and still is) my main pregnancy symptom! I can''t wait to hear how many babies are in there!

Hi everyone else :))

I''m 30 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!

Twin mommies, if you''re reading...did any of you go on bed rest?...if so, when?. I''m hoping I won''t have to...but also feel like my body in a way is asking me to take it very very easy!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats feb! I''m sorry the DH isn''t thrilled, I''m sure he''ll come around. Right now all he''s thinking is how it''s #4, unexpected, finances etc---but it''ll work out and you''re in for an great adventure!

i''m so curious though how this happneed while you were on the pill though--i''m on the same one! Did you take the pills erratically last month or miss a day? I suppose it was just meant to be! If it was me, I don''t know that I would have been saavy enough to know the spotting was weird and then go and test/stop pills early enough.

keep us posted on it all and congrats again..

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feb Those are all positive, don''t know what your friend is talking about...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I sent the photo to my other best friend who said she saw the lines immediately.

Janine- I did take my pill every day in the morning. Not at the exact same time, but always between 6:30-10am. I can think twice in the lat 3 months where I realized it was noon and I hadn''t taken my pill. But there was never a day that I missed completely.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine- congrats on being 30 weeks tomorrow!! How are you feeling?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Feb!
I''m feeling good...just having trouble sleeping because of the way the boys are positioned so I feel tired all day!. It will all be worth it though :)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to all the new preggos!!!
36.gif

Cello, congrats on your BOY! I think I've changed my mind and am pulling for a boy myself some day soon...
9.gif

Feb, those are the positive lines women dream of. No doubt they're positive. I've seen lots of lines I made up in my head... and none of them look like those!!
9.gif
Congrats, lady! (Your hubby will come around... it's a lot to take in from far away...)

Mandarine, 30 weeks??? What? Seems like less than 4 months ago you were posting your positive test with the bow tied around it.... Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats feb and meresal!
36.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Those are definitely positives.....

Janine: I was also on Ortho and about a month or so before conceiving--I was on a ton of antibiotics (Treating me for Mono/Strep and then later on a skin infection) so I'm assuming that did something to the strength of my pills.....so watch out for that also

Had my 4-d Ultrasound today! It was great. The lady let us stay for well over the time that was alloted to us. We have an awesome DVD and a bunch of pictures. The baby is definitely all boy--so woohoo, I won't have to return anything again. Evan has hair and she told us to make sure we buy mittens because the baby loves to have his hands near his face. For the second half of the u/s he would not move his hands and arms....he blocked his face for most of it. We still got some great pictures of the baby smiling and opening his eyes. It was just so awesome to see him again....I'm thinking about doing it again in a few weeks---if I can come up with the funds.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine- Thank you for the welcome! How often do your boys shift? I was really hoping for twins, but they don't run in either of our families, so it's a very far off shot.

Sha- Thank you!!

vesper- Thank you. The fatigue is the only real symptom I've had. I've been falling asleep at like 9:30 every night... well, not just falling asleep, I've been "out cold" by 9:30 every night. Except for this one of course.

fiery- Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif
Congratulations!

Elle and Bia: Thank you ladies!! I know, I felt kinda odd to be posting over here. I was very unsure about what to do?? lol! Just like joining LIW, all over again
11.gif

Tao: The 4-D sounds so exciting. I hope our little bud stays healthy, and we are able to see the same things! Just out of curiosity, you said you would need to "come up" with the funds. Do most insurances only cover a couple scheduled US's or does insurance cover any(??) at all?

We just got home from the in-laws, and it went INCREDIBLE!! They are so excited!! I made a cute little book, and MIL was so excited that she had something to keep from the occassion. I was almost nauseous when we were walking in, and left with a huge smile and breathing a very large sigh of relief! Now i just have to keep my mouth shut till we see my parents in person next weekend. I want to tell my mom and dad so much. This is going to be very hard.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Meresal: My insurance covers the dating u/s (I had one at 10 weeks) and the anatomy scan (20 weeks)--We also had another u/s at 24 weeks to confirm the gender (Which didn''t actually confirm the gender but changed it!). My parents wanted to do an elective 4-d u/s for fun--as they gave us a dvd of the entire u/s set to lullabies and what not. Also in the elective u/s we were able to have a ton of people in the room with us--whereas at the Doctor I could only have 2 other people in the room with us.

Glad to hear that everything went great with the inlaws and keeping my fingers crossed that you enjoy the rest of this pregnancy!

I''m going to try and upload a picture...should be one of the baby smiling...the u/s tech couldn''t get over his cheeks.

DL_15.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! It worked...let me try another one.

She said the baby was leaning far back and staring upwards toward my chest (Breech position right now). Kept saying he seemed like a really laid back baby because he stayed in this position no matter how much pushing and prodding she did.

DL_29.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Last one---I think this one features the profile with his little hand near his face.

DL_10.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results