shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats China, and WELCOME OLIVER!!!! So glad to hear you''re doing well! Can''t wait to hear the whole story!

LL, love the nursery!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
congratulations china!

LL - that nursery is perfect! I love everything about it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations China! Can''t wait to see pictures! Hope you are doing well!!
36.gif

LL-Love the nursery. Great job!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats China!!!!!!!!!!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS China!! hope you and Oliver are both doing well.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Congrats ChinaCat and welcome baby Oliver!
Hope you and baby Oliver are doing well.

Can''t wait to see pictures of your little guy
and hear your birth story.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
littlelysser, I really adore the nursery! Such cute colors, and the dinosaurs are amazing!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats China!!!

littlelysser~Such a cute nursery!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay, China! Love all the precious moments with your little one while he''s still TINY!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LL, Love the nursery. How awesome that your mom created something special in the room for your little one to enjoy as he grows!!

Is your bedding Dwell? I love it and think it''s so cute and nuetral (for either gender) without being dull....

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Ladies, I''m off to take the three hour glucola test. Wish me luck!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new baby, China!

littlelysser, cute room! I love the dinosaurs.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Chinacat....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Littleelysser.....love love love the nursery. It''s perfect.

As for me....can you believe that I''m feeling pretty darn good today :) I don''t know if it''s the continued benefit of the allergy medicine or if the worst of the morning sickness is behind me but I do know that I feel almost normal (a bit tired). I felt ok yesterday too and I actually cooked dinner for the first time in weeks. My 9 week appointment is on Wed. and I''m looking forward to seeing how things are progressing. I hope I''ve turned a corner.
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
LL--
forgot to say that the nursery looks great.
your mom is talented because those dinosaurs are just adorable.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the kind words about the nursery everyone! It came out better than we'd hoped! My little sis called it Contempo Kiddie, which is fine with me!

It is my favorite room in our house these days! Which, as DH pointed out, is a good thing, since we'll be spending some time in there!

I do love that my mom painted the dinos - she's a really talented artist who became a teacher instead of pursuing her passion for art - she painted murals on our walls when we were kids. I grew up with Snoopy characters on my walls and my little sister had Winnie the Pooh! and I just love that his room has something she made in it.

Fisher - The bedding is from skip hop, Mod Dot style. We ordered it from www.landofnod.com

Tao - Good luck on three hour! I had to take it too. It stunk, but I passed. Lots of folks do!

ETA - CHINNNNNNAAAAAA we want piccccccctures!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Had a good appointment today---not only did I have my glucola but I also had my regular appointment. Doctor reassured me about the swollen feet (helped the husband out too--he was worried about the sodium intake--Doctor said not to worry too much about it---feet will swell even if you just eat a slice of pizza or stay in a hot area too long). My blood pressure was perfect again. Baby''s Heartbeat was great. And he said I was growing perfectly--soo all in all a really great appointment. The three hour was kinda bad for me....I drank the drink and got through the first hour of the waiting game---but during the second hour (When I was in the Dr''s room waiting) I got kinda nauseous---so I just breathed through it and yelled at my husband--ha a sign of things to come during labor I''m sure!

Came home--feeling terrible! I got really sweaty and wanted to pass out---is that a bad sign that I didn''t pass the glucola? I was thinking it was a bad sign that my body couldn''t process all that sugar! I wound up eating a banana and a peanut butter sandwich and I felt soooo much better.

Keeping the fingers crossed until I hear the news.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats ChinaCat! I love the name you chose!

LittleLysser, that nursery is fantastic - I love the dinosaur theme!

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
China: CONGRATS! LOOOOVE THE NAME!

LittleLysser: Its Down to you and me lady! lol. I''ll be 38wks on Wed. And am 1cm dialated and 75% effaced! You and I seem to be neck and neck. And our EDD''s are only 4 days apart lol. Can''t wait to see what happens!!!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Tao, I''m glad your appointment went well and am hopeful you passed the 3 hour! I think a large percentage of women do pass. My doctor''s office told me to bring a snack for after the 1 hour test because after I processed the drink I would crash a little, so I imagine it would be 3x as bad after the 3 hour. I was really sleepy and hungry afterwards and I passed, so I wouldn''t read anything too much into your bodily reactions.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats China! Welcome Oliver! I can''t wait to hear your birth story and see pictures!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m sorry I''ve been MIA again. I was back in the hospital over the weekend and again a few weeks ago (not sure if I said hi afterwards).

I''m on modified bedrest for what is looking like the rest of the pregnancy (I''m only 20 weeks). They are willing to lift the restrictions if I can have someone be with me when I go out, but I don''t know anyone in Boston and DH works a ton, so I''m basically stuck inside. I can doodle around the house and make myself a sandwich and stuff. But, other than that, I''m not really allowed to do much of anything.

After passing out in my kitchen three times, my bathroom twice, the grocery store, and now finally the subway station, the doctors think it''s probably best that I not be moving about too much. My blood pressure is very low and my heart rate races once I''ve been up for about 10 minutes. So, I get up, I''m fine. Then somewhere between 10 and 25 minutes later, my heart starts racing, I get tunnel vision, and down I go. Not only are they worried about me falling on my stomach, but they are really worried about me smashing my head. I can''t blame them.

So, I have not had a fun pregnancy, but frankly, none of it has been baby related. I had pneumonia which sucked and now I have this. I''ve always had a bit of an issue passing out, but now it''s a daily occurence that I at least have the feeling of wanting to go down. The doctors are thinking that there is a problem with the communication between my brain and my heart because my heart itself looks healthy and is functioning well on it''s own and my brain looked good and looks like it is functioning well on it''s own. So the consensus is that they just aren''t working well together. Unfortunately, the test to really determine that can''t be done while I''m pregnant because it lowers blood pressure and I don''t have anywhere to go (it was 88/38 in the hospital one morning and barely got past 90/40 later that day).

I can''t work and we''ve been hit hard by medical bills (we have insurance but geez I guess 4 hospital stays over a summer adds up insurance or not). They also think that this issue won''t fully resolve when I deliver, so I can''t even bank on getting a little part time gig to help out afterwards. We are in the process of possibly moving in with my parents for a bit. I''m mortified by this. But, we''ve had a really really bad run of it this past year. We moved, our apartment building was infested with bedbugs and rats. We had to pay an extra $4,500 to get into another apartment which nearly wiped our savings. My brother had a breakdown and came to live for 4 months which halted any savings because more people in the house means more groceries and bills and he really wasn''t in a state to help that much. Our cat has been in the hospital twice for a grand total of $2,600. Then we finally get back on track and BOOM pneumonia, lost my job, 4 hospitalizations, passing out, DH has had depleted his vacation/sick time trying to help care for me.

This is really where the SICKNESS and health part of your vows comes in huh? So, we''ve been really hit hard and my parents are really sad because as they say, we''re responsible people who''ve just been really given a rough deal. And we know absolutely nobody in Boston so everyone is really worried about me being home all day by myself. My Mum is semi-retired (she does a small 3-hour shift a couple times a week for pocket change/personal enjoyment) so she could help me keep my spirits up and make sure I''m not knocking my head about all day.

This isn''t meant to be a soppy, sad post. I''m actually feeling positive that my parents are generous enough to open their doors for us while I get better and we try and get back on track. And even though I''m not thrilled to be on bedrest, I think I needed a doctor to tell me what I already knew. I''m very stubborn and I know I shouldn''t have been going out on the train. It''s just. . . so odd. This time last year, we both had great paying jobs, savings in the bank, our health, and our sanity. And all of that has either gone or been really strained. I never in a million years thought that this was how my life was going to go. It''s just very strange. I''m just so grateful that we have my parents not only for this type of disaster relief (haha), but also for moral support. They are such awesome people.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS CHINA!!! i luuuuuvvvvvvvvvv oliver's name so much! i'm soo so so so glad he's here. can't wait to hear your 'interesting' story.. i'm ever so intrigued!

love love love the nursery ll... i LOVE those dinos! love love love them! and i feel the same way about our baby's room. now that it's almost done.. i just want to spend tons of time in there. although, i need a chair to sit on .... the floor is no fun... details, details, details.

cello - girl... gah! what a hand you've been dealt this past year. i think it's amazingly awesome (yes, that is totally correct grammar ;-) that you have such a positive attitude about the next year or so. and while it may not be ideal... it most certainly is some sort of blessing in disguise. you are very lucky to have such a great support system and this is just a little blip.. plus, it will make for some great stories for your little one when they are older, right? take care of yourself and keep us updated! ((((hugs))))

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to see how Mandarine was doing...

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
China! Yay and CONGRATS!!!! Cannot wait to see Oliver!

LL- your little guy''s nursery is so cute! Great job!

Cello- ugh...when it rains, it pours, eh? So glad to hear that you have a great support system. Hope you get to feeling well soon.

Tao- is something wrong with Mandarine?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Cello - wow, does that ever suck! 88/40 is fine if you feel ok with it, but not so much if you''re passing out. I''ve seen lots of pg women come in to deliver who have BPs that run around 90-92 systolic. Hope this resolves itself. If they do finally do the test and prove it, is there anything that can be done to fix the problem?

AFM - I''ve been telling DH for the last couple weeks that I think I''m getting chest and belly hair. He always said he couldn''t see it, but I swore that the few slightly-darker-than-my-usual-blond-peach-fuzz hairs on my sternum were spreading. and spreading. I kept pointing out that I now have a little trail straight down from my sternum to my belly button. And that I''m starting to get them on my ribcage and the bottoms of my boobs. I''ve always had light peach fuzz everywhere, even my cheeks and forehead, but these hairs are getting longer and darker. He finally noticed them and told me I''m getting really hairy. If they don''t quit this growth pattern soon, I''ll be a furry man in next to no time. Has anyone else had this issue?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing major..she just hadn''t check in today. I know she had a slight problem the other day--and it turned out to be an infection...Just wanted to make sure she was still in good spirits.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Aww Tao...you''re so sweet! Thanks for thinking of me
5.gif
I am doing good, Thanks!. Went to the Dr today and the Dr didn''t want to check me again but said if I have no symptoms of the infection or symptoms of preterm labor, then I am good
9.gif
. So I''m not worried, but still trying to just take it a little easy...which isn''t all that hard since I''m truly exhausted all the time!.

CelloI am so sorry you''re having such a hard time!. I also think it''s awesome you have such a positive attitude!. I can''t imagine how hard it is to go through all this, but you''re one amazing woman!

As for me...well, I''m good, babies make a party out of kicking my cervix, which isn''t fun...but watchagonnado!

This weekend we made a lot of progress!...the closet guy finished the nursery closet on Friday...so I spent all weekend washing and putting away little tiny clothes
9.gif
. I still have work to do, but it''s coming along!.

Here is the before photo...

DSC00616.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
from the side...
still need to organize things better, but I have tons of space now!

DSC006253.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
here is the Ikea dresser/changing table! We hung the cute art I got from Etsy, which I love!

DSC006195.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and the cribs!!

Here is where I need help...SO DESIGNERSSSSS!!!!!! (read with project runaway voice)

I was going to put a bit tree decal with some birds...(in white)...well, I did a trial run and the decals won''t work with my walls (they have some texture!)...so what do I do with this big wall now???. I wnat something sort of modern/unique...

Any ideas?

DSC006251.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results