shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Close-up of the art on top of dresser... I love it!

DSC006250.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
and since I've already posted so many pics...what's one more?

Here is a picture of more Etsy art!. I love it too...not sure where I'm going to put it yet though....

They are individually framed in 5x7 frames...

ETA; The art is in Spanish
9.gif

DSC050618.JPG

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, glad you are doing well! I wish I could help with the big wall, but I am design-challenged.

Cello! I wish I had some words of comfort for you. You really have just had it rough this past year.
7.gif
It''s nice that your parents are there for you and can help you and your husband right now, and I know you''ll be that kind of wonderful and supportive parent too.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine--love that art (last pic you posted) do you have a link? I am looking for something like that to compliment my other nursery art , and those cute prints look like the same color scheme i am working with.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Phoenix!

Hi Jas!...here is the link...she has great stuff, and the numbers are in english too. If you plan to use a frame, the little cute border won''t show...it doesn''t really bother me though
9.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5683150&&ga_search_query=bilingual&ga_search_type=category&category=children&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

M~

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
mandy - what if you did something like this? this is what i painted behind our couch our living room... then you could ''frame'' some art in the squares, or paint random squares different colors?

just make it work ;-)

samplesquares.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone who took the 3 hour---how long did it take you to get your results? It''s been over 24 hours and nothing so far. I''m assuming no news is good news, right?

Mandarine--Love the Bilingual art work. Our baby will also be raised to speak both english and Spanish (DH is Puerto rican)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to join the group. We found out we were pregnant Saturday night, and had my ultrasound this morning. We are just about 4.5 weeks!!
9.gif
Our EDD is April 26th!!

I hope to learn and share alot with you all. I can honestly say we are starting at square 1 and can use all the help possible. We haven't told our parents yet, I know that mine will be excited, this will be the 6th GC for them... but the IL's I am 100% will not be thrilled. They have stated numerous times how they think we should wait a few years, and are not going to take the news well.
Did anyone have this situation with one or both sets of parents? Especially those that found out they were pregnant soon after the wedding?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Meresal!!!

I found out I was pregnant while planning my wedding---but thankfully both sets of parents were okay with everything. I think it took my parents about a day to get their minds around it but are sooo excited now (1st grandchild for them). I think that they will probably be surprised but will realize now or later--having a grandchild is a blessing.

Congrats again!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and welcome Meresal!! I hope you get a good reaction from the ILs and if you don't I'm sure in a few months they will be on the train and excited just like the two of you!

China congrats to you Momma! Can't wait to see pics of little Oliver and hear your birth story
9.gif
9.gif

Ok All, I'm 27w3d today and I haven't been participating in BPF regularly (bad Sunkist!) but I have a pic for you today!! This is me (on the left) and my sister. She is 4 weeks behind me and she always looks great preggo. This is baby #5 for her!!!
36.gif

ETA: ooo pic is too big?? Mandarine, Love how the nursery is coming!! Why not put your number pics above the cribs? I also love what Vizsla painted on her wall. You guys are so creative!

CIMG0172.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat
Congratulations to you and your DH. Welcome Baby Oliver. Can’t wait to see pics of him.
LL
Love the dinosaurs that your mom painted. So cute. The colors combo is so modern. Great job. Just LOVE it.
Tao
Glad your appt went well. Hope your swollen feet is too uncomfortable.
Your reaction to the 3 hrs drink/test is not a sign of whether or not you passed. I was nauseous and had a hangover feeling for the rest of the day when I did the 3 hrs test with the last pregnancy. And I passed all 4 tests. So don’t worry too much.
Cello
So sorry that your pregnancy had been so rough b/c of your sickness. I know bedrest is no fun, but it’s what’s best for you right now. Just take it easy. I am sure things will work out in the end. You are great for having such a positive attitudes with everything.
Drk
You are so funny. It’s normal to have hair growth. Our hormones cause hair to continuously grow. Then after you give birth, you’ll go through a phase of hair loss. My mom and DH were teasing me about my arm hair toward the end of my last pregnancy; they were like over an inch long, and darker than usual. It’s not pretty. Hehe.
Mandarine
Glad the infection is taken care of.
Love what you did to the closet. We need something like that in Meena’s closet, especially since the baby will be sharing it.
The drawer doesn’t seem that tall at all; I think it’ll be fine using it to change diaper.
Meresal
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.
Maybe your ILs will take it better than you think. Good luck with them.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Very excited to be here. I''m hoping to be surprised by the IL''s reaction. That would be the best scenario possible.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m invading a little to say, meresal!!! Didn''t you JUST graduate from BWW!? Honeymoon baby?
31.gif
Congratulations! I''m very excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 7:39:20 PM
Author: choro72
Hi, I'm invading a little to say, meresal!!! Didn't you JUST graduate from BWW!? Honeymoon baby?
31.gif
Congratulations! I'm very excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you choro!!! Yes, and not quite
28.gif
. We think it might be a wedding night baby... either that or the week after, but we weren't on our honeymoon yet.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Too funny to think that when you child is old enough to figure it out---they''ll be able to know he/she was conceived on the wedding night! At least then they can continue believing that their parents only did it that one night! My sister and I always joke that our parents only had sex three times (3 kids).

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Meresal!

Hi ladies! It looks like i''m joining as well! This is a total surprise pregnancy. I''m on (or rather was as of this morning) the pill. I had spotting all last week but it never turned into a period. I finally took a test today and it was positive! I then took 2 more plus one from the OB/GYN''s office and all were positive. Going by my LMP, I''m due April 30th. The nurse said that since I got preggo on the pill, they may move my EDD around. DH and I are in total shock; this is baby #4! It''s not the best time right now (DH hates his job) but everything will be ok.

Has anyone else gotten preggo on the pill? The nurse worried me today when I called. I''ve taken 3 pills of my new pack and I got the positive test early this afternoon. The nurse said potentially and that I needed to see the OB this week to confirm the pregnancy is viable and to stop my pills ( well, duh
20.gif
). I go Friday but I''m now really concerned. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow congrats Meresal
36.gif
ive followed you in BWW (big fan of the dress and the shoes
31.gif
), and im very happy for you, and hope your family is too
21.gif

Congrats Feb2003 - i hope it goes smoothly
36.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo also when I found out I was pregnant! I definitely won''t be going back to those once I''m ready...

I tested when I was on day two of the placebo pills...I was normally like clockwork and started by the morning of the second placebo pill. When it didn''t come I just kinda read my own body--I didn''t feel like my period was coming at all. I''m now nearly 29 weeks pregnant with a completely healthy baby--so don''t let the doctor''s worry you too much!

My due date was moved around---based on my pills/period my due date should have been November 19th. But at the 10 week u/s they said I was due November 12th and said it was because of the pill that my dates were messed up. I''ve consistently measured perfectly for the November 12th date since then.

Congrats to all the new mommies to be!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 5:49:09 PM
Author: meresal
I just wanted to join the group. We found out we were pregnant Saturday night, and had my ultrasound this morning. We are just about 4.5 weeks!!
9.gif
Our EDD is April 26th!!

I hope to learn and share alot with you all. I can honestly say we are starting at square 1 and can use all the help possible. We haven''t told our parents yet, I know that mine will be excited, this will be the 6th GC for them... but the IL''s I am 100% will not be thrilled. They have stated numerous times how they think we should wait a few years, and are not going to take the news well.
Did anyone have this situation with one or both sets of parents? Especially those that found out they were pregnant soon after the wedding?
MMMMEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

I''m so excited for you honey! That is such wonderful and exciting news!!! Don''t worry about your in-laws reaction until you tell them. You may be surprised. I thought my mom would flip out since we aren''t married yet but she was so happy for us (she even said it was about time
6.gif
). And even if they do have a not so excited reaction, so what. The bebe will change their reaction once he or she is here. It''s hard to not love a gorgeous little face
30.gif

Congratulations again! So excited for you!!

February2003-Congratulations
36.gif
I have no advice re: the pill but try to remain calm. Nurses have a tendancy of making everything seem so much worse (you''ll see...you get those voicemails that say "we need you to call the office immediately", you freak out, and turns out they just need to confirm the appt
20.gif
)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I've been MIA...I went to visit family last week and just now getting back. I had my 17 week appointment today and all went well. The heartbeat was going strong at 150 bpm. We scheduled our anatomy ultrasound for next week and I can't wait to find out what we're having! I hope everyone is doing well. I've got several pages to catch up on, but hope all the other mamas to be are great!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 10:21:16 PM
Author: steph72276
Sorry I''ve been MIA...I went to visit family last week and just now getting back. I had my 17 week appointment today and all went well. The heartbeat was going strong at 150 bpm. We scheduled our anatomy ultrasound for next week and I can''t wait to find out what we''re having! I hope everyone is doing well. I''ve got several pages to catch up on, but hope all the other mamas to be are great!
I''m thinking girl
31.gif

Totally not baby related: How''s the weather in Orlando? We''re visiting there for Labor Day weekend and are considering going to Disney for a few hours while my mom babysits. I joked that maybe we should let mom babysit while we find a hotel somewhere and sleep the whole day.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 7:49:17 PM

Hi, I''m invading a little to say, meresal!!! Didn''t you JUST graduate from BWW!? Honeymoon baby?
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif
28.gif
. We think it might be a wedding night baby... either that or the week after, but we weren''t on our honeymoon yet.
Just wanted to say congratulations- a wedding night baby is beautiful!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Steph

The old wives tale about the heartbeat and the baby''s sex kinda worked for me.

The heartbeat was consistently over 150 throughout---and we were told girl at 20 week scan.

At 24 weeks the heartbeat was 138 and we were told we were having a boy!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Mer! I was a wedding night baby so nothing wrong with that
28.gif
I hope that your IL''s are delighted!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this thread moves fast!

China - CONGRATULATIONS MAMA! Love the name too!

Meresal - Congratulations to you as well, I''m sure the ILs will come round. Wedding night baby is so romantic, DH and I tried for one and then I found out I''d missed the boat by 48 hours
15.gif
!

Cello - I''m so sorry sweetie, you really are having a rough time. I know exactly what it''s like when you pass out everywhere - I do it as well and it makes me feel so icky. I also know what you mean about having all your ducks in a row and quacking happily one year and everything suddenly going pear-shaped.

I went to work on 17th October 2002 and by 9pm that evening I was in hospital with pleurisy and didn''t work again for 2.5 years! I ended up moving back home with my parents at the age of 31 which was a shock to all of us. However, I am a great believer that things happen for a reason and that new doors open. I would never have met DH and wouldn''t have the life I now have if it hadn''t been for that, so definitely think positive as I''m sure you''ll be on the up again soon!

I''ve been stuck at home since last November due to the wretched legal battle I''ve been in and PS has been a lifesaver for staving off feelings of isolation or loneliness!

Anyway, you have my sympathy in bucketloads!

february - Congratulations!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Tao and Fiery, I have been set on thinking it was a boy this whole time, but now I''m starting to think it may be a girl. Man, this is going to be a long week before I find out!

Fiery, the weather here has been nice. It has gotten up to the 90s in the afternoons still, and of course we still have the afternoon thunderstorms almost daily so if you do go, I would take some sort of rain jacket just in case. Hope you have fun, oh and I would totally do the hotel and sleep thing
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 2:24:44 AM
Author: Dannielle
Date: 8/25/2009 7:49:17 PM

31.gif
36.gif
36.gif
28.gif
. We think it might be a wedding night baby... either that or the week after, but we weren''t on our honeymoon yet.

Just wanted to say congratulations- a wedding night baby is beautiful!

I just saw your post on the grad thread so I thought I would come on over and say congrats :) how exciting :D

Your in-laws will come around, I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised :)

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine- LOVE love love your nursery! The art is just too cute! I love Vizsla''s idea of painiting the grid and putting art inside the squares. You''ve done a great job!

Meresal and feb2003- welcome and congrats! Great to have you here!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are so sweet :) And Pandora, thanks extra for sharing your story. I know this isn''t the end of the world, but it''s totally one of those reality slaps in the face. I know I''m not invincible and I know that nobody is. Heck, I''ve had my fair share of reality checks on that level. Just never ones that were related to me completely. I''m a major type-A. I used to wake up at the crack of dawn, literally, and didn''t stop until nearly midnight every night. Homecooked meals from scratch, 10 hour work days, impeccable house, etc. And I still had energy to teach cello and workout and talk to my Mum on the phone and now I have to baths like a little kid because showers could spell disaster. It''s just really like "huh?! this is me? this is my life?!"

I feel like such a debbie downer because I never have a happy happy joy joy post here on the PG thread (besides maybe my announcement that I''m pregnant). Hopefully I''ll be able to get some of those in soon. Actually, from this point on, this is totally going to be one. Yay!!!!

So. . . . where do I begin? Well, we live in Boston and my parents are in California. So, we''ll be moving cross country (AGAIN! we just did this last year ugh! haha). DH has to find a job in CA and it has to have first day health insurance due to my odd medical issues and the fact that I''m pregnant. It is definitely a tall order and he''s been really stressed. He could''ve had his old job back where he used to work but the commute would''ve been a nightmare and that''s putting it lightly. If there''s any SoCal girls out there, how does a Simi Valley to Long Beach commute sound daily? Eeeek huh?!

Well, DH talks to his bosses boss at his current job here in Boston and tells them what''s going on in vague terms (just that I''m having a medical issue where I''m going to need to be supervised more closely and it''s in our best interest if we move to CA so my parents can take care of me). I thought it was so risky because, even though this guy is nice, if they have to do layoffs in the next month, he''ll be sacked. Well, I guess it was a good idea because they are going to give DH a week off to move to CA, a couple of days to get set up, and they are going to allow him to work from home in CA. We were both like WHAT?!
19.gif

So that''s the plan. He''ll work from home at my parents house while my Mom takes me to the doctors and such. I''m still in shock. He gets to keep his clients and everything. We''re young and I was so surprised that they would give such a privelege to DH. He''s only been with them for a little over a year. This is one of those things that you joke about as being a fly in the sky idea.

In other news, I realized after doing the registry online yesterday (I was bored out of my head), that people are pretty much going to know once they see the registry that: IT''S A BOY!
9.gif
So, I might as well tell you lovely ladies.

Off I go to crochet.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and congrats to the newbies!!!! So exciting!

Don''t worry about your IL''s reaction. Frankly we thought that DH''s parents wouldn''t be jazzed, but they are excited. Babies are a strange thing and take an odd hold on grandparents. It''s so strange.

I can''t believe you guys are due in April!! I feel like a newbie until I read that and think, oh my gosh, I''m half way done. Ahhhh!

Good luck girlies :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results