carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 6:02:14 PM
Author: Circe
Surfgirl, thanks for dropping in with an update! Pandora, when you read this - CONGRATULATIONS!

I just got back from my very first prenatal appointment. I saw the heartbeat! It was 121. The doc said that was strong - whee! She also said that miscarriage rates drop precipitously after seeing the heartbeat, and that it was safe to tell people now (um, I *may* have already told my nearest and dearest, so this is good to know). I should have asked her, but my head was all in a whirl after seeing the baby on the screen - does anybody know exactly what the rates drop down *to*?

Off to squee at the blurry sonogram pics ....
Circe once you reach 9 weeks preggo AND see a HB, m/c rates drop to as low as they ever get, which is between 5 and 10 percent. Unfortunately, prior to 8/9weeks, at which time the baby ibecomes a fetus, seeing an HB is not actually that strongly related to lower m/c rates. Not sure how far along you are, but thems the facts! ETA And congrats!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Pandora!
36.gif

Circe - Congrats on the heartbeat! You already had your first prenatal? Here we don''t have it before 11-12 weeks, unless a problem pregnancy is expected. Are you still eating like crazy? I did that for about two weeks, now at 8 weeks, my appetite seems to have curbed a bit, which I appreciate! It definitely helps with the nausea. My mom told me to eat some soda crackers before getting out of bed, I don''t know if you knew about that trick.

We told my family on Monday. We had a family dinner for my dad''s birthday and my brother was on leave so he flew home just for that, so we shared the news! We had a plan to get my parents to find the new baby car seat in the car and give a card to my dad that said ''Happy birthday Grandpa'', but it didn''t turn out quite that way. I poured myself some milk instead of wine at dinner (and I used to never drink milk!), and my mom asked me if I was never going to drink wine again (I haven''t in a while), and I replied that I wasn''t planning on drinking for a while... And my sister asked me if I was pregnant.

Busted! She was actually teasing, but I didn''t know that... And I blushed to the tip of my ears, giving it away. Lots of crying, hugging and congratulating ensued. My parents are thrilled!! It was hardest on my SIL, who''s dealing with PCOS (my brother and her have been trying for almost 2 years), but I think she was still happy for us, just sad for herself. I do hope they get pregnant soon too. My mom asked us how long we ''practiced'' before we got preggo, but we didn''t answer. They don''t really need to know.

We were planning on telling J''s family too, but they had visitors from out of town and we felt like it was more of an immediate family thing for now. We''ll host a dinner for them in a couple of weeks.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer, thank you - that''s exactly what I wanted to know. I''m 6 weeks and 5 days, give or take, and starting to feel this overwhelming urge to tell my folks ... even though intellectually, I know I''d rather tell them in person. This is another good reason to keep it to myself until I can be with them in person at the end of June!

Anchor .... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That is such a charming story! It''s wonderful that you could share the news w/your family all at once. I''m pretty sure the lack of drinking will be a dead giveaway the next time I see my folks - we''re Russian, so the sight of me passing up the vodka will give me away ASAP. The nausea is still alive and well with me - it''s gotten intermittent and unpredictable, but it rears its head on a regular basis. Right now I''m nauseated despite not having had anything to eat since 5. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! I''ll have to try the soda crackers ... which should keep my weight down, too, as compared to the steak I want through the nauseau. The doc was a bit foreboding on the weight thing during today''s meeting ....

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, Anchor, that sounds like a really lovely way to tell them! Glad they are excited!

Circe, congrats on that little flickering hb!

China, I did not fast before the 1 hour (they told me not to), and I did fast before the 3 hour (you have to). About the body parts...I hadn''t really seen anything other than a little thump in the belly...until last night!!! He was rolling all around and I could see parts move from one side of the bump to the other! It was quite freaky and cool at the same time. Dh missed it (he was downstairs and I was in bed, albeit at the decent hour of 10), and he said it would have really freaked him out. I think the baby really liked having icecream after about a week of no sugar!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 11:29:30 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That is such a charming story! It's wonderful that you could share the news w/your family all at once. I'm pretty sure the lack of drinking will be a dead giveaway the next time I see my folks - we're Russian, so the sight of me passing up the vodka will give me away ASAP. The nausea is still alive and well with me - it's gotten intermittent and unpredictable, but it rears its head on a regular basis. Right now I'm nauseated despite not having had anything to eat since 5. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! I'll have to try the soda crackers ... which should keep my weight down, too, as compared to the steak I want through the nauseau. The doc was a bit foreboding on the weight thing during today's meeting ....

Sorry to butt in...but your nausea will usually be worse if you don't eat something. One way to really help the nausea is to try and keep something in your stomach at all times-it'll help even if it's only a few crackers or a few pieces strawberry, whatever. I was in this stage at the same time as you and for some reason watermelon and strawberries were really easy on my stomach.

And I really hope your doctor wasn't telling you to diet? That seems pretty ridiculous. Pregnancy isn't a free pass for an eating free for all-but if you crave steak it's because your body NEEDS something from it-so you should eat it! Just stop eating when you are full-but you shouldn't be trying not to eat...

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
congrats to Circe! (I too was severely nauseous and found that keeping my tummy from getting empty was the only solution). Protein and carbs kept me full longest - which helped me get through work. Good luck!)

YEY Sabine! Great news on the GD test
36.gif

Still Preggo.

"Due" Tomorrow.

6.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
MELA! Due tomorrow that''s fantastic
36.gif
. Now I''m going to deliver a truck load of labor dust to your home and specifically request that they dump it all over you.

Sabine Congrats on passing the 3 hour
36.gif
That''s wonderful news!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gals! I won''t get to post a pic tomorrow because I''m taking the MCAT all day (SO nervous!) so I thought I''d do a belly pic today. My friends still claim I''m not showing yet, but I think I am
9.gif
. These are the ubiquitous Old Navy maternity jeans.

Mela, I hope tomorrow ends up being a lucky day for you and me.
2.gif

Sabine, congrats on passing your GD test!!

14 weeks and 3 days

14weeks2.JPG

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe, my pictures always turn out huge!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2009 7:56:23 AM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 5/20/2009 11:29:30 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That is such a charming story! It''s wonderful that you could share the news w/your family all at once. I''m pretty sure the lack of drinking will be a dead giveaway the next time I see my folks - we''re Russian, so the sight of me passing up the vodka will give me away ASAP. The nausea is still alive and well with me - it''s gotten intermittent and unpredictable, but it rears its head on a regular basis. Right now I''m nauseated despite not having had anything to eat since 5. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! I''ll have to try the soda crackers ... which should keep my weight down, too, as compared to the steak I want through the nauseau. The doc was a bit foreboding on the weight thing during today''s meeting ....

Sorry to butt in...but your nausea will usually be worse if you don''t eat something. One way to really help the nausea is to try and keep something in your stomach at all times-it''ll help even if it''s only a few crackers or a few pieces strawberry, whatever. I was in this stage at the same time as you and for some reason watermelon and strawberries were really easy on my stomach.

And I really hope your doctor wasn''t telling you to diet? That seems pretty ridiculous. Pregnancy isn''t a free pass for an eating free for all-but if you crave steak it''s because your body NEEDS something from it-so you should eat it! Just stop eating when you are full-but you shouldn''t be trying not to eat...

You''re not butting in - any and all advice appreciated. I was actually kinda surprised myself: I prefaced asking her about weight by saying I knew it was kind of shallow, but ... and she was like, nope, it''s very serious, and I should def. keep an eye on it. I''ll qualify that by saying that I''ve gained 3 pounds by the sixth week, so, for some women, I guess it''s the total weight they gain during the full trimester (made worse by the fully-dressed medical weigh-in which added another 3 lbs). I think she was just suggesting that I cut back on consumption, rather than try to lose what I''d already gained ... and thanks for the fruit tips! I will try that and see if it works. I hope it will.

PeonyGirl, you look so cute! I think you have a cute, tiny, discreet, but definitely-there bump going on.

Sabine ... all I have is aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww - that is adorable!

Mela, luck, luck, luck!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been away so I''m so behind!!

Pandora CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to meet your precious baby girl and hope you''re doing well!!! xoxo

Mela I have to 100% agree, us Taurus are the best!
3.gif
Maybe the baby will come on the "due" date! My sister had both her babies on her due date!...(((Labor dust)))

Peony I see a lil'' bump!!! very cute! Good luck tomorrow!
9.gif

Sabine CONGRATS!!!! That''s great news!!!

Viz Yay on baby movement!!!!!! I think I have started to feel *something* too...I also feel like I''m about a week ahead (16 weeks today!)...and I have been feeling flutters for about the last week!.

Fiery dile a el Señor Fiery que no se meta contigo!!! I think sometimes they forget we''re pregnant! Last night DH said something and I just remember replying "oh, how I wish you had any kind of hormonal changes!!!!!!!!!!". No uterus, no opinion!

Hello to everyone else I missed!!!
35.gif

My sister''s trip was so much fun! We decided we''re making it an annual thing and will try t get together (all 3 sis'') every year...we also decided that we''re all running a half marathon together in the end of 2010!!!. I''m so excited to get back into running *someday*.

I''m feeling good...my bump is pretty big...meaning random people are asking me how far along I am!!!. While in Denver, we went to get a pedicure and the girl was like "ohh, how cute, you''re pregnant"...I was like "whaaat?". I guess it is that obvious!...I''ll post a picture tomorrow.

My back is sore so I''m trying to make a point of stretching at least twice a day. I want to start on prenatal yoga ASAP because I think that will help...

TMI kind of question...I noticed I got a little thing on one of my nipples (like a tiny-tiny white mole) I thought it was actually just skin, but it isn''t. i asked the Dr and she said that was not a big deal and she could take it off quickly. I didn''t ask if it was normal though or if it was part of those pregnancy things nobody tells you about. Anyway, last night I noticed the one on that nipple is slightly bigger and now I got a tiny little one on the other nipple!!!. I''m already not feeling very sexy/pretty...and THIS is defintiely not helping! (of course because I also find the need to tell DH about it, which I''m sure is a huge turn off for him!)...then I wonder why we''re not getting any! hahahaha.

Did that happen to anyone?. I''m about to go google it, but thought I would ask you guys first...

M~

sweet pea

Rough_Rock
Anchor- Aaawww... I love your story about telling your fam, how exciting!
Circe- Congrats on seeing the heartbeat! I know after that I couldn't stop myself from telling people, I was so excited!
I've been super nauseous lately too, fruit, crackers and toast have been my main staples. I found plain bagels and bananas helped me through yesterday, I wonder what today will bring
14.gif

Mela- I'm hoping you will be one of the few who actually deliver on your due date! I'm dying to know if you have Luna or Romeo!
Fiery- Sorry bout the tears the other night, it's so tough to get a handle on the emotional reactions sometimes
39.gif

Vizsla- How cool, the first baby movement!! Hope you have a great time at the wedding.
Sabine- congrats on passing your 3 hr. What a relief that must have been!
Peony- love the belly shot!
ETA: Mandarine- glad your trip was fun, and man, you are my motivation... a marathon goal already!?
9.gif
keep us posted on what you find out about the bumps.

I'm sure I've missed some folks, Hope you're doing well
1.gif

I have been so busy at work this week, I am so looking forward to my day off tomorrow! I think I will try to go shopping for lots more dresses to get me through the summer. It gets so hot where I'm at, and I can wear cute sundresses to work, so I figure I should start stocking up. Its great too, I'm sure i wont be showing a ton through the summer, but the dresses will help me hide the awkward "is she preggo or chubby" stage
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad to hear Pandora and Daisy are both well! Perhaps Daisy photos are headed our way.

cdt- How are you feeling today? When do you have to stop taking the meds?

vizsla- Congrats on feeling your first baby movement! It's unlike anything else, isn't it?

Sabine- YAY for passing the 3 hour!
36.gif

Circe- Congratulations on seeing the heartbeat!

(Lots of congrats today!
1.gif
)

Peony- Adorable bump! Wow, halfway through 14 weeks already.

Mild to moderate bedrest for me today. My right side/back have been hurting a lot recently and if I'm on my feet for more than 10 minutes, the swelling starts. At childbirth class last night, the teacher actually stopped mid-sentence and said to me, "Oh, you poor thing- you need to get those up on a chair." I was kind of embarrassed, since everyone proceeded to stare at my elephant feet.
14.gif

(China, I don't remember if I answered your question or not, but if not: The swelling started somewhere late in the 20 weeks, but only at the end of the day. This new, super swelling? It's pretty recent. 30 weeks or so. I hope you don't have to experience it!)

On a positive note, 33 weeks today!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 12:05:52 PM
Author: Mandarine

Fiery dile a el Señor Fiery que no se meta contigo!!! I think sometimes they forget we''re pregnant! Last night DH said something and I just remember replying ''oh, how I wish you had any kind of hormonal changes!!!!!!!!!!''. No uterus, no opinion!
Mand-That made me LOL!

I don''t know about the nipple thing although discoloration (is that a word? LOL) is very common so maybe its from that?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Apparently these "skin tags" are pretty common...
according to good ol'' trusty google....
Still reading...I''m starting to freak out this is just the beginning of a huge skin tag breast epidemic!!!. I guess this is the price to pay for not having m/s or something!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine: I had some brown ones, kind of like raised freckles. I just ignrored them--good for you for looking into it (although yours are white so maybe different)?

I saw that sweet pea was added to the list of preggos, congrats! Are you going to reveal yourself now? I''m still trying to figure out who festy is!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
So apprently they do fall out after pregnancy...
But they are in my breast, and I plan on breast feeding (or will try to anyway!)...I think I can''t let the boys have funky looking things in there...lol...I''ll ask the Dr how painful it is to take them off...
5.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, is the whole thing white or does it have white stuff in it almost like a pimple? If it''s more pimply than mole-like it could be the thingies that are supposed to help lubricate during bfing. I''ve got a few of those.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, It''s more like a mole..like a skinny tiny, longish mole...lol. When I say tiny I mean smaller than the tip of a pencil!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else pay really close attention to their belly button? LOL I still have an innie but I look at it now every single day to see if I notice a change.

It makes me laugh how much I''ve paid attention to random things of my body now that I''m pregnant.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 4:02:23 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Anyone else pay really close attention to their belly button? LOL I still have an innie but I look at it now every single day to see if I notice a change.

It makes me laugh how much I''ve paid attention to random things of my body now that I''m pregnant.
Yup, I did that. My betty button stayed an innie most of the time but got flat towards the end. It seemed to change daily. It''s fun to poke at it. LOL.

E B

Ideal_Rock

Me! Mine's completely flat now and it freaks me out. DH thinks it's cool and always wants to touch it, but I don't let him. It's kind of sensitive.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine- Interesting about the fasting. Just curious since when I asked my doc she said that not fasting can cause false positives for the first test, but she wasn''t very clear about it.

Fiery- Yes I totally do! Mine is a weird not quite out but not totally in. I have also noticed that it has a weird twist in it. That''s not really an accurate description, but can''t figure out another way to describe it. Also, my linea negra isn''t very dark, but I have just noticed it has creeped up above my belly button (wasn''t before). It''s even lighter above than below, but what''s weird is it''s totally off center from the other line.

I forgot what else I was going to say.
14.gif

Oh, my doc called. I did pass the glucose test but I''m anemic. Said to just add an iron pill with my pre-natals. Could this be why I am soooo tired? I mean, other than just being pregnant?
3.gif

My second BFF had her baby boy last weekend and she just sent me pics. He is so cute, looks more like a 3 month old than a newborn. This is the first time that I actually got excited about having a baby, rather than just being pregnant. My first BFF had her baby girl about a month ago but I didn''t feel this way. I wonder if it''s the boy thing, easier to identify with?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 4:20:39 PM
Author: EBree

Me! Mine''s completely flat now and it freaks me out. DH thinks it''s cool and always wants to touch it, but I don''t let him. It''s kind of sensitive.
Oh Ebree, I remember that!! Mine was super sensitive!! I cringe just thinking about it!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My belly button feels funny. The top part looks like its stretching while the bottom part is still very much in.

China-Congrats on passing the 1 hour! I''m sure with the iron supplement you can get pull out of being anemic. Do your PNVs have a high amount of iron?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Mela. Just hi.

35.gif
Want to help me with names if you''re still lurking? So my "rules" are:

1. Definitely a boy name (not a cross-over name)
2. Needs to be 1 or 2 syllables. Possibly 3 if the right name but our last name is long and hard. For example, Oliver is on our list even though it''s 3 syllables.
3. No names beginning with the letter "A".
4. No trendy names. I don''t mind popular or classic names (Jack, Will, etc) but I don''t want a "trendy" name- Aiden/Braeden, etc. If we do a classic name, need a cool middle name to balance it. For example, I like William Cash A______.
5. Want something unique but not too out there. This is the hardest part for me.

I see him as a little rascal but kinda nerdy smart. Blonde surfer kid who also plays Little League and likes science. Though we do live in a pretty yuppi-fied neighborhood in the South, so nothing too out there. He''s gotta fit in with the prepster Southern boys too. (And yes I know he will be nothing like this!)

Some names I like:

Oliver
Jude
William (Liam? Will?)
Ronan
Roan
Rohan
Leo
West
Gray
Flynn
Luke
Max
Dashiell (Dash)
Isaac (Ike)- though I think this has been ruled out
Hector
Theodore
Beckett (too trendy I think)
Jasper
Nolan
Raphael (Rafe or Rafer)
Sawyer (too trendy I think)
Gabriel
Cash
Miller
Rafferty (Rafe)

Some of these have been ruled out, but just gives you an idea of names I like. If you are too busy having a baby or something, feel free to ignore!
2.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 4:48:13 PM
My belly button feels funny. The top part looks like its stretching while the bottom part is still very much in.

China-Congrats on passing the 1 hour! I''m sure with the iron supplement you can get pull out of being anemic. Do your PNVs have a high amount of iron?
Fiery- That''s exactly what I was trying to describe with my button! Don''t know about my PNV''s, will have to check them when I get home.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, my belly button''s still an innie, but it''s definitely shallower and weird looking.

China, I suck at names. DH and I tried to come up with more to add to our list (which only had 4) and we couldn''t think of any that we wanted to add. We ended up adding Thomas III just so that we''ll have a 5th, lol.

I just got back from my appointment. Dr. signed off on our birth plan (1 Dr. down, 3 to go!) and everything''s looking good. I''m really excited that I''ve only gained 4 lbs since the last appointment despite eating A LOT of cake in the last few weeks. Seriously, I don''t think I can walk past a cake without buying/eating it. Every time I''m on the phone with Sabine while at the store I think I say, "I''m just going to head over to the bakery section to see if they have that cake again..." They always do and I always buy it, lol. 3 weeks ago at 30w5d my fundal height was 30. Now at 33w5d it''s 32. She said anything +or- 3cm is considered ok and she thinks that I''m measuring a little behind because of how low baby''s head is in my pelvis. She said she thinks he/she has actually started to drop. I disgree. I don''t feel any different. Maybe I should take a picture to see if I look any different. I have a feeling this baby''s just going to be a peanut like its daddy. DH was only 5 something when he was born. I on the other hand was 8 something. Please take after daddy, LO!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie-

But your names are great! At least the two that I remember.

I''d love to see an updated picture. I need to take one too, I definitely look way more pregnant now. Both of my BFF''s babies they just had were well over 8 lbs.
6.gif
I selfishly am hoping for a smaller bebe to push out. Though I think they are cuter when they are big and fat.
3.gif

How far are you again? I know you''re due July 4th, but that would require me to do math.

E B

Ideal_Rock
China,

Have you played around with Nymbler at all? (I forget if I've already mentioned it- I'm sure I have!) Sometimes it offers some good suggestions. I typed in a few of your favorites and it came up with:

Ezra
Miles
Sebastian
Milo
Calvin
Fletcher
Rowan
Drake
Griffin
Kieran
Rourke
Anderson
Finlay
Lennon

You have so many good names in your list already, though. Are you leaning toward any few in particular?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results