shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree- Hey there! I have played with nymbler a bit, but I feel like it always gives me names I already have! But maybe I need to expand my horizons more. I like Milo, Finlay and Rowan from your list. But Finlay and Rowan seem to be crossing-over to the girl name team.
7.gif
If I was having a girl, I would think that was cool! The names that have stayed on the list are Luke, William, Oliver, Ronan and Finn or Flynn. I think Ronan and Finn are off the table though, we have friends with kids those names that are a little too close, unfortunately. Oliver is the front-runner as of now. But I''m open!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Real quick drop in, we were thinking of renting a fetal doppler, anyone else try this? Can you recommend a brand? Thanks!

Hi to all the preggos! I''m just puttering along here, obsessing as per usual.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Alright China - I'm on the mish!
Just have to say that I LOVE "Roan" and "Ronan".

Here are some:
Sam (Samuel/Samson)
Reece/Rhys
Cole
Miles
Finn
Rowan
Charlie
Duncan
Spencer
Conrad
Harrison (3 syllables but worth it!)
Jonas
Theo
Beck
Gray
Chandler
Walker
Shaw
Harmon
Denver

How'd I do?

To get me in the mood for my birth, I just watched these natural childbirth videos. They are so amazing.
*NOTE*
This is not for the faint of heart or the squeemish. You've been warned.

http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/childbirth-video.html

There is one where the woman has a water birth, and the baby comes out still in it's amniotic sac. It's unbelievable!!
1.gif

Mela, Oh....39w6d
20.gif

ETA: DH is making us go for super spicy food tonight
36.gif
. AND we DTD last night again. He's SO into getting this labour going. What a champ!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! I just found out I''m pregnant. Now what???

I''m going to make an appointment with my family doctor ASAP and the nurse at the clinic gave me a book to read. Is there anything else I should know at this point? I figure I''m about 4 weeks pregnant right now.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Mela- Great list! Will run it and Ebree''s list by DH and see if anything sticks. Good luck tonight with the spicy food and sex!

WhiteOrchid- Welcome!
35.gif
And congrats! I had to laugh at your "what now?" comment. Oh girl, just wait. I have to run but will try to come back and respond later. I am sure all the great preggos here will have lots of advice for you. Really quickly, I would say: get some prenatal vitamins and RELAX! There will be lots to learn but just try to rest and take it easy for now. Oh, and cut out the obvious: alcohol, caffeine, etc. Glad you are joining us, it''s a crazy but wonderful ride.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 5:54:49 PM
Author: mela lu
Alright China - I''m on the mish!

Just have to say that I LOVE ''Roan'' and ''Ronan''.

Here are some:

Sam (Samuel/Samson)

Reece/Rhys

Cole

Miles

Finn

Rowan

Charlie

Duncan

Spencer

Conrad

Harrison (3 syllables but worth it!)

Jonas

Theo

Beck

Gray

Chandler

Walker

Shaw

Harmon

Denver

How''d I do?

To get me in the mood for my birth, I just watched these natural childbirth videos. They are so amazing.

*NOTE*

This is not for the faint of heart or the squeemish. You''ve been warned.

http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/childbirth-video.html

There is one where the woman has a water birth, and the baby comes out still in it''s amniotic sac. It''s unbelievable!!
1.gif

Mela, Oh....39w6d
20.gif

ETA: DH is making us go for super spicy food tonight
36.gif
. AND we DTD last night again. He''s SO into getting this labour going. What a champ!

*Delurking for a moment*
I think boy names are hard to come up with. A good source is to check college football or soccer rosters. Some names I like:

Christian
Vaughan
Stephen
Harold
Reed
Mark
Aaron
Garrett

I had a childhood friend named Curry. He was so cute.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 7:28:11 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Mela- Great list! Will run it and Ebree''s list by DH and see if anything sticks. Good luck tonight with the spicy food and sex!

WhiteOrchid- Welcome!
35.gif
And congrats! I had to laugh at your ''what now?'' comment. Oh girl, just wait. I have to run but will try to come back and respond later. I am sure all the great preggos here will have lots of advice for you. Really quickly, I would say: get some prenatal vitamins and RELAX! There will be lots to learn but just try to rest and take it easy for now. Oh, and cut out the obvious: alcohol, caffeine, etc. Glad you are joining us, it''s a crazy but wonderful ride.

I think I''m still in shock from the news!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
My belly button has become increasingly weirder. I know have a kinda lip thing on the top of it taht sticks out, and I thought that indicated that it would pop out soon, but it''s been holding fast for a week. The bottom still looks pretty normal though. It is super sensitive, and I really hate to touch it!

China, yay for passing the glucose test! I didn''t fast because my test was at 3 in the afternoon and I worked my normal work day that day, so I think I would have passed out if I didn''t eat. When I got my one hour results, they also told me I''m anemic (which is not unusual for me) so I''ve been trying to take the iron supplement as well. Did they warn you that iron will often "back you up?" I have to admit, I haven''t been religious in taking it for that reason. I''ve been able to remain pretty regular throughout this pregnancy, and I feel absolutely miserable if I''m not.

I''m no help with boys names. Part of me still wants to consider other names. Dh is set on Jackson. I find that I like names one day and then totally forget them, so I couldn''t have really liked them that much. But overall, I like the style of names that have been posted recently!

WhiteOrchid, welcome and congrats!

So, the teachers in my department surprised me with a baby shower yesterday! I was totally shocked and touched! I really wasn''t expecting anything since I''m leaving this year and there''s a lot of crazy stuff going on at school. The other pregnant teacher just invited teachers to her regular shower, but I couldn''t do that since mine is OOT.

And speaking of my regular shower, I''m leaving today to go to Pittsburgh for it! I''m so excited to go, for the shower, but also because this will be the last trip home before we move and the baby comes. I have to admit, I''m sad that we''re moving from somewhere there is a 4 hour drive "home" to a 7 hour drive.

Oh well, and finally, a belly pic since it''s friday! This is from wednesday, so right at 29 weeks. That''s our crib in the background, which I can''t wait to build, but we have to wait until we move!

29weeks7small.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Mela Lu,

Happy Due Date Day to YOU!!
9.gif

Hoping baby (Luna) makes her way into the world very super soon!!

Congratulations, Pandora! I bet Daisy''s a doll!! Looking forward to your story of her birth and your first moments as a mommy!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mela--watching thoes kinds of vids got me pumped for labor too. And while i was in the really horrendous,difficult parts of my own birth i kept going back to Ina May stories or videos i watched-kept me motivated. Not much longer now and you''ll be doing the same/ Can''t wait to find out "who'' you are having!!
1.gif

China--i like all your boy names! We have the same taste I think many of them are on name berry (not trendy *now* as in the aidens or caydens--but definietly up and coming trendy) Love Jasper, Fynn and Oliver, but know a few now- so getting quite common.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 9:30:53 AM
Author: Jas12
Mela--watching thoes kinds of vids got me pumped for labor too. And while i was in the really horrendous,difficult parts of my own birth i kept going back to Ina May stories or videos i watched-kept me motivated. Not much longer now and you'll be doing the same/ Can't wait to find out 'who' you are having!!
1.gif

Jas - I've been re-reading my Ina May over the past couple days to get inspired and ready, and (hopefully this doesn't sound CRAZYTOWN) I keep thinking that when the labour gets really really unbearable, I can think about Blen delivering George (frank breech) and all the other women before me who've survived painful births.
12.gif

Sabine - you're looking so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In honour of my due date today, I'm going to post the "PS Guesses". Anyone can still vote - it's not too late
20.gif

Girl
Fiery
Robbie
China Cat
Fisher
NYC
Jas 12
Sabine
Mandarine
So Cal Girl
Visla

Boy
Mela
Natalina
CDT
Blen
Ebree
Amber
Ice kid

DUE TODAY!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Happy Due Date Mela
emotion-19.gif

Sabine you look wonderful!

White Orchid-Congratulations! Such an exciting time!! As for what to do now, you have your appointment scheduled which is great. I would sign up for some of the free baby websites. I really like babyfit.com. You can get OTC vitamins to take at any pharmacy that works pretty much the same way as prescription so I would make a run to the store. Other than that just relax and enjoy 1st tri!

Happy friday everyone. Despite the horrible weather here, I''m feeling great. I have a lot of plans for this weekend including getting new furniture for our living room, cleaning, and painting. Yay!

Here''s my belly pic...sorry about the lighting. 32w4d

fiery32w4d.JPG

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 9:40:12 AM

In honour of my due date today, I''m going to post the ''PS Guesses''. Anyone can still vote - it''s not too late
20.gif
Aww mela...that made me giggle.

Come on Luna! You are officially evicted!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm voting Girl because she's going to be fashionably late!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
mela, sending you lots of L&D dust! I''m thinking GIRL for you!

Yay for belly Friday!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
mela-i''m guessing boy just to be different! here''s hoping for a Memorial Day Wkend Melu baby!!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, China! I feel like I look the same as I did 4 weeks ago. I''m 33w6d today. The rest of our boy list is Andrew, Maxwell, Nathan and Thomas III. Most likely won''t go with Thomas III, but we have it on there just in case DH changes his mind.

White Orchid, congrats and welcome! What book did the Dr. give? I''ve found what to expect when you''re expecting and your pregnancy week by week to be helpful.

Amber, we bought the hi bebe model without the digital display. I used it a lot at first, but not at all since I started feeling movement. I loved having it though and will probably use it again at the beginning with our next baby.

Sabine, can''t wait to see you! You look so cute in the pic! You''re totally glowing. :)

Happy due date, Mela! I don''t think it sounds crazy to think about Blen at all! Her story is so inspirational. Really, hearing everyone''s birth stories is. I think it''s really going to help me to focus on the fact that the pain is temporary and everyone gets through it one way or another.

Here''s my latest belly pic, taken in the bathroom at work on my phone, lol. I don''t think I look all that different. I included a pic of the weirdness that is my belly button right now too since there was some belly button discussion going on. You can kind of see my stretch mark. It goes down from the piercing hole towards the belly button.

robbie3982-33w6d.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mela, happy due date! I hope HE- that's right, it's a BOY comes out this weekend at the latest for you!

Robbie, thanks for the rec, I'm glad to know someone who actually had one!

Still no belly pics of me, I have too much padding that I will most likely never show ever. Ha! I've been having totally weird dreams lately, I had one where there was a hurricane, but not wind or water, instead it was swirling alligators? A hurricane made out of alligators- how weird is that? Then Woofie (our dog) turned into a dogigator and kept trying to bite my feet. Weird. It's like I'm sleeping on benadryl, but NOT.

White Orchid: Congrats!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
White Orchid- Welcome and congratulations!
1.gif

mela, love, happy due date! Maybe Himer will be one of those lucky 5 percent who comes on his/her due date! Easy labor dust coming your way.

Sabine, Fiery, Robbie- Looking adorable, as usual!

Amber- We ordered ours (with a digital display) from BabyBeat and it was so easy to use and to return.

Fiery, was it you that was asking about breastfeeding in one of the mommy threads? I found this link in one of my breastfeeding communities with lots of (what looks like) great information for anyone who's interested. I'm trying to read all I can to be as prepared as possible, especially for those first few critical days where the most can go wrong, it seems.

Breastfeeding Articles by Dr. Jack Newman

An interesting tidbit I learned today: Eating oatmeal may help you produce more milk.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hmmm...Ebree I just read that and oatmeal sounds so good right now for some reason!!!!....Me thinks lunch will be oatmeal today!!!

Robbie, Sabine and Fiery Your bellies are just so freaking cute!!!!. Robbie I do think your bump looks bigger though! but maybe I missed your last picture?. It''s just a perfect bump!!
9.gif

Mela Happy Due date!!!!!!!!! I hope today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday ladies!!!!!!!...I am puppy sitting this weekend...the cutest tiniest 3month old black schnauzer! (I have a 5 year old black schanuzer!). It''s so funny to see them together!. Mine is not so fond of the little one, but she seems to be in love with him....hehe

Here is my bump and extra fat around the sides, which you can just ignore and tell me I look just the same...haha. I think I will take a picture tonight to see if there is a difference...I always feel like the bump gets HUGE at night!!!.

MANDARINE16WEEKS1D.JPG

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Jas12- I know, that is my biggest worry about all of the names I like. How do you "unlike" a name???? It's so hard. I LOVE Cohen's name, exactly what I am looking for, cute and different and has a meaning behind it. I am addicted to nameberry, it's so fun. Any names you didn't use that are cute and not so potentially trendy????

Sabine- That's so sweet that your work threw you a baby shower! Hope you have fun this weekend. You and Robbie need to take another pic together for us. You look great, not any bigger at all! No, the nurse didn't tell me that about the iron.
29.gif
I have escaped that problem so far as well. Oh well, thanks for giving me the heads up about it.

Fiery- I don't know what it is about you, but whenever I see your picture it makes me smile. You're just so darned cute. You look great!

Robbie- Cute pic. Bit creepy on the close up belly pic!!!! I mean that in a nice way, belly buttons are just so weird to me, mine included. Yours still looks in and cute though. Mine is not out or in but not flat either. Just strange. But it doesn't bother me to touch it.

White Orchid- The first few weeks are weird. It's so hard to get your mind around it especially if you aren't feeling any symptoms. I didn't feel any different at all until around week 6. I kinda freaked out at first b/c I got a barrage of information about what I couldn't do and it seemed like I couldn't do anything. I like babycenter.com- somewhere on there is a list of questions about what's safe during pregnancy and it covers pretty much anything you can think of. Also, you can sign up and you get a weekly email telling you what your little bean is doing which is so cool. Also, there are tons of newly preggos on this thread and we are all happy to answer any questions you have, silly or not.

I will try to take a pic this weekend. We are doing our labor class tomorrow and then trying to start packing for our move to our new house.
36.gif
Then I can finally do the nursery stuff.

Mela- Happy due date- Luna all the way. Btw, that Ina May book is some kinds of crazy. My fave story was the one where the lady who had just had a baby went over to the stranger's house who was having a long labor, stripped naked and got into bed with her and laid "womb to womb" and experienced her contractions with her.

ETA: Mandarine, you look so cute! If I didn't know you were preggo, I wouldn't see a bump. I always feel/look so much bigger at night, it's weird.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mela--I am guessing GIRL

Mandarine--you look super cute--and i remember getting extra-large at night (bloat/really belly combo)

Robbie and Sabine--you guys look fantastic

Ebree--jack newman is fantastic--and he will respond to emails if you write him with a problem. He even sent me the unedited word version of 2 of his books (so i wouldn''t have to buy them) when i asked a bunch of questions.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:29:10 PM
Author: Mandarine

Here is my bump and extra fat around the sides, which you can just ignore and tell me I look just the same...haha. I think I will take a picture tonight to see if there is a difference...I always feel like the bump gets HUGE at night!!!.

Where is this extra fat around the sides, because I see none! You look great, you really do. I was the same size at 16 weeks with a singleton!

Date: 5/22/2009 12:38:51 PM
Author: Jas12

Ebree--jack newman is fantastic--and he will respond to emails if you write him with a problem. He even sent me the unedited word version of 2 of his books (so i wouldn't have to buy them) when i asked a bunch of questions.

Oh, wow- that's great to know...and very cool of him! Thank you!
1.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:33:25 PM
Mela- Happy due date- Luna all the way. Btw, that Ina May book is some kinds of crazy. My fave story was the one where the lady who had just had a baby went over to the stranger''s house who was having a long labor, stripped naked and got into bed with her and laid ''womb to womb'' and experienced her contractions with her.
Um, yah. That was only *one* of the many parts of the book I tuned out and then tried to forget about right after reading it.
11.gif
Can you say "whoa whoa whoa whoa wierd!?"

Here is (hopefully) my final belly shot.

40 weeks on the nose. Always awkward with the arms
20.gif

Mela40weeks.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
here is one more - I had to include it because my BLING is Blingin' out! lol

Again with the arms...

Mela40wDueDate.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know this is kind of silly for a name, but what do you guys think of Ferris if its a boy? Or Farron? I don't like Farron all that much, and it probably won't go with our last name (which also starts with an F), but Paul and I really like Ferris.

What do you guys think of first names that start with the same letter as your last name?

ETA: Mela you have the cutest preggo clothes ever. Love it.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:46:06 PM
Date: 5/22/2009 12:33:25 PM

Mela- Happy due date- Luna all the way. Btw, that Ina May book is some kinds of crazy. My fave story was the one where the lady who had just had a baby went over to the stranger''s house who was having a long labor, stripped naked and got into bed with her and laid ''womb to womb'' and experienced her contractions with her.

Um, yah. That was only *one* of the many parts of the book I tuned out and then tried to forget about right after reading it.
11.gif
Can you say ''whoa whoa whoa whoa wierd!?''

Here is (hopefully) my final belly shot.

40 weeks on the nose. Always awkward with the arms
20.gif

That one weirded me out too! I think that''s when I took a short break from the book.

Mela, you look like you''re doing ballet this week!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies (Dreamer, are you lurking?) I need to be pointed in the direction of some good articles on scientific studies on the risks of vacuum, forceps and c-section. We had in our birth plan that we don''t want to use vacuum or forceps and our Dr. told us to think about what we''d want if something happened and baby needed to come out ASAP. Would we prefer assistance from vacuum or forceps or would we rather go with a c-section? She said while it''s very unlikely that we''d be in the situation needing to make the decision, if we were, we would need to know our answer as there wouldn''t be time to discuss what we wanted to do. I understand what the risks are, just not how likely they are I guess which is making it difficult to come to a decision.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Amber- Okay, I love Ferris! A friend of mine''s husband was dying for Ferris, but their last name sounded way too weird with it. I think it''s adorable. My thoughts on alliteration are that it depends. I hate it for our last name, but it starts with an A and just sounds weird to me. But with other last names I like it. For example, I love Lourdes Leon and Rocco Ritchie (Madonna''s kids). As long as it flows, I like it. I will say if our kid was a girl, then I would be amenable to a girl name starting with A. For our boy though, I don''t like it. Make sense?

Mela/Robbie- Yes, you have to get past that part of the book. The rest of it had some interesting and worthwhile stuff, but oh man, was I NOT prepared for some of those stories! I had a good laugh though. Do you buy the ones that claim to have an "orgasmic" labor experience? Kinda hard for me to believe that one.

Mela- Oh you''re such a cute preggo. Thanks for a last pic before you leave us.
7.gif

Robbie- I would love to know the answer to your questions as well.

E B

Ideal_Rock
mela, you look fantastic! You carry so beautifully.

Date: 5/22/2009 1:29:03 PM

Robbie- I would love to know the answer to your questions as well.

Me three! I hadn't even thought about forceps/vacuum assistance until this last week's birthing class when we discussed possible risks. One woman in my class said she'd much rather have a cesarean because she's heard horror stories about brain/nerve damage (and more commonly, more severe vaginal tearing), but I don't know how often these things happen. I found a thread in one of my other pregnant communities discussing either or, but most of the women said something to the effect of, "I'd rather switch positions- if you aren't having an epidural, get off your back and into a more birthing-friendly position like a squat."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results