shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, China!

Carson is another name I love for a GIRL!

Quinn is so cute, too. Our last name is only one syllable, so I want first names with at least 2. That''s the problem I find with boy names... all of the ones I like only have one syllable!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Carson is cute, I knew a little girl named Carson and she was awesome. I also knew a girl Carter.

Also:

Arden
Sydney
Beau
Chase
Ansley
Abbott (Abby)
Sloane- someone else mentioned this, but how cool was Sloan/Sloane in Ferris Bueller''s Day Off???? Great name for a girl.

Can you tell I am procrastinating at work?

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
China ~

You keep reminding me of more names I love!
30.gif

Arden amd Sloane and both cool names... Sloans is only one syllable, so won''t work for first name for me... but love it!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of feet, has anyone heard of a woman''s feet growing permanently larger with each pregnancy?

My mom was a 5 1/2 until she grew half a size with each pregnancy to a 7.

My sister was a 5 1/2, and is now a 6 1/2 after two kids. She''s having baby #3 so I can only assume she will grow another half size. ????

I am already a 7 (I am 2 inches taller than my sister and about half an inch taller than my mom). Will this happen to me???? I haven''t heard of this happening to anyone except my next of kin. I am really frugal/practical when it comes to shoes. I buy really nice ones and then keep them forever. I would hate to have to start from scratch and then outgrow the shoes I buy post-pregnancy this time the next time I''m pregnant.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 5:39:46 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Speaking of feet, has anyone heard of a woman''s feet growing permanently larger with each pregnancy?

Yes...it''s quite common unfortunately. But only time will tell if it''ll happen to you or not. Hope it doesn''t!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Pandora!!! Can''t wait to see pics of little Daisy!!

Mela - I have agree w/ Courtney, we Taurus are pretty awesome
2.gif
Hang in there girly, I can only imagine what you must be feeling, I''m sooooo ready and i''m only 36 weeks!

Love the unisex girl names!!! We still have no name for our little guy...hehehe...how bad is that??

As for me, same old. Still in lots of pain and they want me off the pain meds this weeks. Should be an interesting looooooooooong weekend...my DH will probably want to pull his hair out by Tuesday.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Oh YEY! Congrats Pandora
36.gif
. I''m over-the-moon happy for you and the birth of baby Daisy! Can''t wait to hear all about it.

Thanks for the update Surfgirl!

oh, and I''m just going to dispell the myth that DTD brings babies. I''ve done it, quite a few times over the past 2 weeks, and NADDA! So there. That is an old wives tale - DEBUNKED.
27.gif

China - great name adds! I even found some in there I loved! Is it too late to bounce some others on DH
31.gif
haha. Joking. Sort of.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
CDT- I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering about your pain. I can''t believe there isn''t some other relief for you. Have you talked any further with your doctor about inducing? No names lady? What are you doing while you lay there in pain? Just kidding!

Phoenix- I am very afraid of rude foot growth as well. I have a very lovely and expensive collection of shoes that I have amassed, and I will be very upset if I can no longer fit my feet into them! So far my feet have not grown (at 28 weeks). But there''s still time. Oh well. Nothing you can do about it, I guess!

Mela- Maybe Himer hasn''t come out yet because he/she doesn''t like it''s name. JUST KIDDING!!!!!
11.gif
Have you tried baking yet?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update surfgirl-glad to hear that they''re doing great!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
China - I know!!! You would think I would use this time constructively
3.gif
Problem still remains that most names I suggest my DH just says no....but then he''ll be like, name him whatever you want?? I think he''s just tired of talking about it, so am i actually. I mean we do have a list, we just don''t LOVE any of the names, they are just kind of likes. We still have Warren, Dane, Cade and my DH is pushing for Kyle now. Those are the only current keepers of all the names we''ve discussed the past 8 months
20.gif
I feel bad our little guy is just going to be given a name we settled on, but we have had really tough time w/ the boy name thing.

As for possible induction, I see my primary contact OBG next wednesday and i''m really going to push to schedule an induction at 38 weeks (first week of June), they don''t want me on pain meds so they have to put me out of misery...at least i hope they will!!! We''ll see!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 12:48:01 PM
Author: snlee
Pandora, we are thinking of you. Hope to see an update from you soon.

sunkist, taking a trip with a 2 month old is nuts. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I was still so sleep deprived and out of it. Not to mention it'll be loud, cold, and crowded there.
Oh, thank you Snlee! I need to hear it from the BTDT moms. Thanks!

ETA: And thanks to Jas12, Neat, Robbie, and Mrs. on your oppinion. I think I'll follow your suggestions and tell hubby, Not this time. Robbie, visiting family should be better. At least you're at someone's home that you know.

Hi Kaleigh
35.gif
To answer your question, I'm 13w3d today.
1.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to Pandora!!! gets tons of rest mama. can''t wait to hear all about it and meet daisy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Pandora! Savor those little itty bitty bodies because they grow fast!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:01:40 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Congrats Pandora! Savor those little itty bitty bodies because they grow fast!!

Ditto.
Can''t wait to meet little Daisy and hear your story.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear Pandora is okay!!

Mela- you are tooo funny "debunking the myth". Hope you at least had fun doing so!!!1
27.gif

China- LOVE it! The crazy thing is you reminded me of some of my favorites!!!! Emerson, London, Devyn, Mia, Kennedy.... I also think Remy or Logan is adorable for a girl! Cassidy has always been DH's #1. Those lists are fantastic! Thanks so much! Definitely gave me some more ideas. Glad I could help you procrastinate at work- hee, hee!

IndyP- Avery Layne is gorgeous!!!!

CDT- oh no- no names yet? I'm sure something will come to you when you see him. My MIL just told me the other day that DH didn't have a name for 3 days, and they inally picked one because the hospital wouldn't let them take him home without one. I think that's so funny! He was the 3rd boy, so I guess they were out of ideas at that point.
1.gif
I love Cade- super cute for a little guy, but also pretty awesome for a grown man (I think a guy name Cade sounds like a hotty!). I feel the same way about Dane, except that we know a little boy named Dane that is a bit of a terror- so, you know how tha goes...

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 6:27:41 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Mela- Maybe Himer hasn''t come out yet because he/she doesn''t like it''s name. JUST KIDDING!!!!!
11.gif
Have you tried baking yet?

HAHA. Imagine?! Today is Himer''s Godfather''s Birthday. I had ''words'' with Himer this morning, saying how much Denis would like it if they shared a birthday (yadda yadda) but alas, Himer is staying put.

Going to see Middie today for my 40 week appt. I wonder what she''ll say? I wonder when they start doing the membrane sweeps? I feel like at 41 weeks, but that will be my big question today. So, I have a team of 2 middies - one of which I prefer over the other. My "preferiti" stops being on-call today at noon, and goes back on office hours for the next week.
40.gif
So it looks like my second favourite will be delivering Himer...unless he/she is more than another week in utero. Which is worse?!
6.gif

Re: Baking. I''m SO not a baker. Everytime I try to bake something it turns out dry and black, like something evil out of the movie "Time Bandits" (I just dated myself) lol. I think my form of baking is ironing. I''m going to wash and iron the sheets and shower curtains today instead. Then go for a long walk with the real mela lu.

Gak. 39w5d

14.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
mela... do you watch mythbusters?? i want that big "BUSTED" sign to come flying down :razz: i''m so sorry himher is not cooperating but maybe that''s just a sign that himher is super chill/laid back just like his mom :) and she will be the chillest babe evah!

ohhh i''m so interested to hear about pandora''s experience.

hello everyone!
35.gif
35.gif

nat- i guessed right!!!! i am on a roll!!!

on a vizsla note.. i think i felt that babe move this morning!!!! i knew it would be any day now, and i''m *convinced* that my babe is a week ahead in development. whenever a new week starts i read what is ''supposed'' to be happening and always end up saying to myself "cha, that was sooooooo last week".

anyhoo i was getting a leeetttllleee worried that i still had not feel the babe move
7.gif
long ramble short, i''m sitting here at work, just finished my peanut butter bagel, sipping on some 1/2 caf coffee, listening to some my morning jacket and i feel this little poke move from my right side to my left side and then back. i''ve NEVER felt anything like it.. so it couldn''t be gas
3.gif
THEN about 5 mins later the same thing, only from left to right!! i call DH right away to tell him i felt the bean move!! and he said it''s probably b/c of the music and then said something like "phew, glad this baby has good taste in music.. he (yes, DH said he) got that from me." ahhhhhh it''s so real real real real real real real real real..... i haven''t felt pg at ALL... still wearing my same pants..... ahhhhhhh (sorry, just had a minor freak out moment).

hope you all have a wonderful long weekend. we are off to memphis for a wedding. ahhhh memphis BBQ... hey, if i can''t drink i might as well eat!
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
LUNA
27.gif
better make her appearance soon :shaking fist at mela''s belly:

Mr. Fiery made me cry last night
7.gif
. I couldn''t get comfortable in bed and she had a majah case of hiccups that kept me up. So I''m moving around trying to get comfortable and he wakes up and yells "que te pasa!" (what''s wrong with you)

I just looked at him and started bawling. I know he was half asleep and didn''t realize and he felt really badly when he finally woke up enough to realize he had yelled at me and I was a complete mess but still...it made me cry. And now my eyes are all puffy
7.gif

Of course this morning I laughed thinking back at it because the tears appeared instantaneously. I literally looked at him and started crying hysterically
20.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
OMG fiery... i totally understand...
the other day i was cleaning the kitchen and i used a dish towel to clean up this spill on the floor. DH comes up behind me and barks "stop! - use the crappy towel under the sink for that" and i lost it, just started bawling... bawling! #1 it startled me and #2 what guy cares about dish towels?? (to be fair to DH, with him it's more of a 'sick i use this to wipe my hands and you use it to clean up the floor' - but i digress). i couldn't get over it for a long time! DH started apologizing immediately, but once they started.... no off switch.... i told him he has to tread carefully around me... because i can't control myself
3.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Mela- Let us know how your appointment goes. The one thing you know is that it WILL happen at some point.

Vizla- Aww, so cool you felt your little one move. It''s so amazing, I love it. Though my wiggle worm''s kicks have gotten stronger and sometimes I inadvertently jump when he does it, which I am sure catches people off guard, especially at work! So fun! How far are you again?

Fiery- Boo to Mr. Fiery! I''m sure he didn''t mean it, but still. My DH hasn''t made me cry yet, but I kinda feel it coming soon. Last night I woke up to an excrutiating leg cramp- much much worse than I''ve ever had before. It happened twice and it wouldn''t stop like normal when I flexed. I couldn''t even walk on it this morning for a bit. Strange. Anyways, it was around 2 in the morning when it happened, and DH was so sweet during it, let me squeeze the c**p out of his hand and tried to massage it (until I yelled at him to stop). I don''t think I slept much after that, which means he probably didn''t either. This morning he was a bit grumpy and I was kinda bugged, like why are YOU so grumpy? Till I realized that he didn''t get any sleep because of me and he had a huge deposition to take this morning for work. I feel bad, poor guy.

Nothing much here. Way more tired this week. Leg still hurts. That''s about it.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
lol... that''s how i imagined feeling the babe for the first time.. i thought i''d scream or jump across the room. guess that''s why they start off as little pokes and flutters... not a full fledged kick to the ribs :) oh i''m juuuusssttt about 18wks but i swear this babe is growing ahead of schedule... and since i was convinced i was going to deliver on halloween (6 days after my due date) i''m now thinking i''ll deliver on my due date... oh how i''ll laugh at this post when i''m 42 weeks :)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update SG. Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well. Congrats Pandora!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:18:02 PM

Vizla- Aww, so cool you felt your little one move. It''s so amazing, I love it. Though my wiggle worm''s kicks have gotten stronger and sometimes I inadvertently jump when he does it, which I am sure catches people off guard, especially at work! So fun! How far are you again?

China, I''ve had a few movements that have made me jump too. Baby once decided to run some body part along my hip bone while DH and I were lying on the couch watching TV. DH''s head was kind of on my lap and I really freaked him out when I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was such a weird and creepy feeling!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 2:09:52 PM
Author: robbie3982

Date: 5/20/2009 1:18:02 PM

China, I''ve had a few movements that have made me jump too. Baby once decided to run some body part along my hip bone while DH and I were lying on the couch watching TV. DH''s head was kind of on my lap and I really freaked him out when I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was such a weird and creepy feeling!
Robbie- It is weird and creepy and cool at the same time. Like it''s part of you but at the same time totally foreign. The little kicks feel comforting and the big/weird ones kinda freak me out. How are you feeling?

Vizla- Wow, 18 weeks already. I swear I feel like you just joined this thread. This time goes by so fast and yet so slow. Are you finding out what you''re having? Funny that you are always ahead of the books, I am always a few weeks behind. I read the stuff for the week or month I am in, and am like, nope none of that yet. Then about 2 or 3 weeks later it will happen.

fabienne

Rough_Rock
Thanks surfgirl for the update on Pandora.

vizsla---How exciting! Pregnancy is so overrated to me...I just can't deal with being uncomfortable and/or in pain all the time. But I love when the baby moves. The only part I couldn't take was when he used to stick his foot in my liver....but I really love it, even when its uncomfortable....but I won't miss being pregnant.

I have more two more days of work left and I can't wait. Unfortunately, H1N1 has hit a few of NYC public schools, so I really can't wait to leave. I'm trying to be calm but its so hard. And of course, the paranoid people don't make it easy.

Tomorrow is almost guaranteed to be a stressful day, so if and when I make it through the day, I think I will treat myself to some window shopping at the mall. Maul diamonds have a little sparkle to them....that should be enough to soothe me....
30.gif
...well if I have the energy to walk that is.
41.gif

37w3d (I think...I haven't kept up with this at all)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
China, I like the kicks and squirms, but that hip thing really freaked me out! I''m feeling pretty good. I got excited because I''d been doing my pelvic rocks and cat stretches and yesterday I woke up with zero pain. I thought the exercises must be working! I did more last night and today it hurt to get out of bed. I think it just depends on how the LO is positioned. Move back to how you were yesterday baby!

33w4d

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
That''s really weird about the hip thing Robbie! You have a little less than 7 weeks left
6.gif

My weirdest moment with her is feeling her foot. She has this thing with pushing out and leaving it there for a few minutes. I decided to poke around to see what it was and the outline of it is her foot. Totally freaked me out.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Can I just interrupt all the fun to say...

I PASSED MY 3 HOUR!!!!

I''m so freaking excited. I was convinced I had GD, and while I know it would not have been the worst thing in the world, it had me seriously depressed. Food issues and I do not agree. But now dh is taking me out for icecream tonight to celebrate!

We also got our travel system today! My shower is this weekend, and people have been kind enough to ship our stuff here so that we won''t have to drive it all back from Pittsburgh. Probably shouldn''t have opened it yet, but we couldn''t resist! I have to say, it is quite large, and it barely fits in my trunk. We got the Graco Quattro Delux, and it has the snugride 32 with it, which is also a bit heavy for me, but oh well. I know that we will be buying a smaller Maclaren as soon as lo is big enough to not have to be in the infant seat (when is that, anyway?).

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programing...Robbie, sorry about pain. I found that if I end up sleeping uninterrupted for a while on one side, I wake up in tons of pain.

Vizsla, yay for movement!

Boo to Mr. Fiery!

China, I''ve been way more tired this week as well. I''m almost ashamed to admit, I went to bed at 7:30 last night and fell asleep by 8! Of course, then I woke up at 2 and was wide awake for about an hour or so. But I guess if I need sleep I need sleep, so I''ll be happy to take it while I can get it.

Mela, I suggest you try baking too! It''s not the product, it''s the process! Can''t wait to hear how your apt. went!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, now the body parts thing definitely freaks me out! I haven't been able to tell yet, but I am definitely not poking around trying to find out. DH is excited to "see" parts. I think he's been spending too much time on the internet. Wonder if my having an anterior placenta might prevent that.

Robbie- 7 weeks!!!! How did that happen? Sorry about the stretches. Too funny though. We do those cat stretches in pilates every week and it feels so good.

CDT- I don't know how you stand the pain. I had one bad leg cramp and I turned into such a baby. I still can't believe they want you to come off your meds. You should sick Pandora on them.

ETA: CONGRATS SABINE!!!!!!!
36.gif
What a relief. I am sure it's totally manageable, but glad you don't have to deal with it. Did you fast both times? Just curious.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Surfgirl, thanks for dropping in with an update! Pandora, when you read this - CONGRATULATIONS!

I just got back from my very first prenatal appointment. I saw the heartbeat! It was 121. The doc said that was strong - whee! She also said that miscarriage rates drop precipitously after seeing the heartbeat, and that it was safe to tell people now (um, I *may* have already told my nearest and dearest, so this is good to know). I should have asked her, but my head was all in a whirl after seeing the baby on the screen - does anybody know exactly what the rates drop down *to*?

Off to squee at the blurry sonogram pics ....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results