shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Shoe & Dress Designer gurus - Freke :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
LOVE IT!
30.gif

I dread the thought of ever trying it on ... I fear that I will not do it any justice!!!! Any bride who is able to rock that would be amazing!

I seem to be drawn to these tiered ruffle dresses but I grimace thinking about looking back 30 years from now and looking super dated. I would prefer something more classic but am not finding that much that I am drawn to. Ugh!

I really do like the San Patrick Brisa (without the halter) and the Casablanca 1859 but not having tried them on or even come close, I''m not sure that they will fit the bill.

20.gif
The drama of it all!

Thanks for finding that galleygal ... If I am brave enough and I can find it, locally, I''m going to give it a shot!
36.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes this is quite the shoe hunt. I love them Sparkly. I wish I could rock the blinged out shoes!!! They will look awesome!

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 1:14:03 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
30.gif
LOVE IT!
30.gif

I dread the thought of ever trying it on ... I fear that I will not do it any justice!!!! Any bride who is able to rock that would be amazing!

I seem to be drawn to these tiered ruffle dresses but I grimace thinking about looking back 30 years from now and looking super dated. I would prefer something more classic but am not finding that much that I am drawn to. Ugh!

I really do like the San Patrick Brisa (without the halter) and the Casablanca 1859 but not having tried them on or even come close, I''m not sure that they will fit the bill.

20.gif
The drama of it all!

Thanks for finding that galleygal ... If I am brave enough and I can find it, locally, I''m going to give it a shot!
36.gif
If you can try it on locally, there is an ebay seller who sells Pronovias dresses and all the feedback says they are authentic

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 12:17:02 AM
Date: 11/6/2008 7:53:04 PM

Author: OUpeargirl

Ok, sorry, the dress is an Allure.. Here is is! It is soooo pretty in person!

http://allurebridals.org/couture.html

Thanks so much OUpeargirl.
35.gif
I''m sure that it is!! I would love if you were able to take pics when you are modeling it ... It is hard for me to really get a feel for it from the pic other than to think that it is pretty. I would love to see a close up on the details.

I found another one ... actually, I think someone else found this one for me and I really like it from Allure as well!! http://allurebridals.org/couture.html

Do you happen to recall the price point on that dress or range for this designer??

I have some friends coming to watch me in the show, so I imagine there will be pictures. I''m no longer modeling that dress, but someone else is. I will ask for pictures to be taken! Allure gowns are typically between $600-$900. I can look at the price for you when I go in on Tuesday!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 1:58:55 AM
Author: OUpeargirl

I have some friends coming to watch me in the show, so I imagine there will be pictures. I''m no longer modeling that dress, but someone else is. I will ask for pictures to be taken! Allure gowns are typically between $600-$900. I can look at the price for you when I go in on Tuesday!
Fantastic ... thank you!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just realized that it didn''t copy the actual dress I was talking about! This is it!

C111.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
YES!
18.gif
30.gif

Thank you!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ok so I found you some more dresses.. they are by Rosa Clara and they are gorgeous!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ruffledress01.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
another...

ruffledress02.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
another...

ruffledress03.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
last one! :) and Im still looking!

ruffledress04.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Blondebunny - Congrats again on your engagement!!!! How much fun are you having?!!

I have to say that you are too sweet!!! I was so touched to find this update ... really. I am so appreciative of the time that all you sweet PS ladies put into assisting me.
I
30.gif
30.gif
the dresses that you posted and have printed the pics as a reference. I am going to venture out to try on some dresses for the first time today. Not buying anything, just getting an idea of what looks good on me and what I like ... narrowing down the options so that I can move in for the kill within the next month or two and decide on "the" one.

I''m super excited about my first dress shopping trip and really thankful that I have your help find the "perfect" dress for me.

Thanks BB and everyone else who has continued to help me out ... Please keep those ideas for shoes & dresses coming ... If you see anything fab ... let me know!
35.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and i found even more!

airebarcelonadara.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and my fav!

airebarcelonadenise.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and last one for now :)

Thanks!! I am soo excited about FINALLY being engaged! :) I forgot to tell you your STDs were cute!! :) I gotta get started on mine... :) Have fun today and make sure you take lots of pics for us---especially me! :) YAY!

airebarcelonadugias.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Pics?!
23.gif
Don''t think so ... I''m not "posting" ready for pics yet. Maybe in the next couple of months as I get progressively in shape and feel as though my pics will be okay.
I''ll give you updates ... Will that suffice for the interim?
31.gif

Awww ... thanks. Glad you like our STD''s. We are really happy with them ... especially since they are the first "finished" wedding related project that we have.

Thank you so much for your hard work and for the time that you put into posting these for me! You girls are just too good.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 1:22:30 PM
Pics?!
23.gif
Don''t think so ... I''m not ''posting'' ready for pics yet. Maybe in the next couple of months as I get progressively in shape and feel as though my pics will be okay.

I''ll give you updates ... Will that suffice for the interim?
31.gif

Awww ... thanks. Glad you like our STD''s. We are really happy with them ... especially since they are the first ''finished'' wedding related project that we have.

Thank you so much for your hard work and for the time that you put into posting these for me! You girls are just too good.
ya i guess it will have to do.. sighh... hehe...

SO.. how did it go? What did you try on? What did you like? What didnt you like??? I am going to go try on that one I posted above that I said was my fav... the Aire Barcelona Denise ... i cant stop staring at it...gahhh there are WAY to many choices and to only get to choose ONE!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, BB, how much do those dresses that you posted range in price? Just out of curiosity...

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 12:52:29 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Hey, BB, how much do those dresses that you posted range in price? Just out of curiosity...
Well I emailed a salon in S FL to see how much the denise dress was.. and they said 2300-2900 was the range for the aire barcelona line... Im not sure about rosa clara or two for rosa clara.. but on the website for the two for rosa clara it said they were resonably priced??

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 12:52:29 AM
u like any of them???? when are you getting your ring btw!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think my favorite skirt is the Rosa Clara Sabina (101) because I like how the ruffles are all different and...unorganized...

And I love the second Aire Barcelona silhouette. Just a gorgeous dress (although I'm not fond of the bust bow, but that's easy to fix).

And I love the first Aire Barcelona dress because of the material and the way it drapes in the ruffles.

But I think that I should probably stay away from the lace (I'm just not a lace girl!) and I really should stick to empire waists, so in reality, I couldn't do any of these dresses. Plus my current wedding plan is not really conducive to a big princess gown. Poo. But they are so lovely to look at.

(But if you seen any dresses with ruffles that aren't mermaid-y or too full, but still have some ruffle action, let me know!!!!)

ETA: As for the ring...no idea, but FF has been acting kind of suspicious lately (although it could totally be in my head), so who knows?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 2:03:12 AM
I think my favorite skirt is the Rosa Clara Sabina (101) because I like how the ruffles are all different and...unorganized...

And I love the second Aire Barcelona silhouette. Just a gorgeous dress (although I''m not fond of the bust bow, but that''s easy to fix).

And I love the first Aire Barcelona dress because of the material and the way it drapes in the ruffles.

But I think that I should probably stay away from the lace (I''m just not a lace girl!) and I really should stick to empire waists, so in reality, I couldn''t do any of these dresses. Plus my current wedding plan is not really conducive to a big princess gown. Poo. But they are so lovely to look at.

(But if you seen any dresses with ruffles that aren''t mermaid-y or too full, but still have some ruffle action, let me know!!!!)

ETA: As for the ring...no idea, but FF has been acting kind of suspicious lately (although it could totally be in my head), so who knows?
I think it was Rosa Clara that had some beautiful empire waste... I almost posted it but it didnt have all the ruffles on it like Sparkalicious was looking at...

Tell your FF he needs to get on the ball and give you your ring already!! :)

Sparkalicious-----how was it yesterday? :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 12:32:19 AM
Author: blondebunny
ya i guess it will have to do.. sighh... hehe...

SO.. how did it go? What did you try on? What did you like? What didnt you like??? I am going to go try on that one I posted above that I said was my fav... the Aire Barcelona Denise ... i cant stop staring at it...gahhh there are WAY to many choices and to only get to choose ONE!!!!!!
Oh Blondebunny! Thanks for asking/checking in with me. It went well! We visited 2 salons. One salon carries the designer who makes a dress I really like and the other was more of a try everything on that fits to assess which shape/style looks best on me. It was really successful, apart from the fact that the dress I like, they don''t carry sooo .. I have another appt in Dec to see the dress in person and check it out. I cannot wait!

I love your favorite dress - It''s beautiful. I know that you will have no problems with whatever dress you choose .. .you will look amazing regardless! It IS no fair that we only get to have one dress unless we are super blessed and have funds to support several. Wouldn''t that be fun to be able to switch out dresses a couple times throughout your wedding day. Actually - maybe not - It''s so much hassle getting in and out of one, I can''t imagine having to do it a couple times in one day once you are all fancied up with hair & makeup and everything!

I hope that once you start trying things on that you will post pics for us. I would love to see them!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
When do you get married Sparks? Did you buy the shoes? I love those shoes!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 12:01:53 PM
Author: Skippy123
When do you get married Sparks? Did you buy the shoes? I love those shoes!
9.gif
Sept 6/09!
9.gif

I didn''t buy the shoes ... yet.
31.gif

Waiting to see which gown I choose first and then I will move in for the kill with those shoes. I
30.gif
them too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was looking for shoes like my life depended on it, and I saw these and thought of you!!!

Link

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You are FREKEin awesome ... sorry - couldn''t resist.
20.gif

Thanks SO much, Freke! While these shoes are not exactly what I was thinking of for my wedding dress, you''ve reminded me that I have to keep on top of this and keep watching different sites. I SOOOOO appreciate you keeping an eye out for me b/c clearly I''m doing a terrible job of it myself ...

You are so wonderful - Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results