shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Shoe & Dress Designer gurus - Freke :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah the pic is better...Do you how long ago the wedding was?

And what size shoe do you wear?

ETA: And I know what you mean about brassy...

ETAA: I know these aren't right, but I like the color gold on them: Link

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wedding was in April of this year.
Size 9 most of the time

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like the ones I posted?

I''m wondering when she bought them...I''ve been scouring a lot of designer sites and haven''t found anything yet...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:23:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Do you like the ones I posted?

I''m wondering when she bought them...I''ve been scouring a lot of designer sites and haven''t found anything yet...
Me too and YES! I really do like them a lot but am concerned that since I don''t have my dress yet, given the type of gold, they may not match. I''m on the fence ... I keep looking at them and trying to decide if I am being hasty in purchasing them or if I just should anyways b/c they are super cute and have a little "diamond" ring around the heel.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I noticed the ring around the heel too--I think that is so cute!

I'm not one to say hold back on buying shoes before the dress. I have been searching high and low for shoes...and I'm betting that they'll be bought WAY before the dress gets bought. But, to me, they are the most important part of my ensemble. Second would be dress, and then the jewelry. So for me it makes sense. Plus, I'm the type that lives by the philosophy, "If I love all of the bits and pieces, even if they don't match/go together perfectly, it will go together based on my love for it alone." This goes for home decor too.
9.gif

Could you wear them for something else if you don't wear them with your dress?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Freke - You''re killing me.
I''m on a behave yourself budget right now but other than that, I would be all over them because, I always think, if I like them, they are worth it. Yes, yes, yes, I have stuff I could wear them with but *should* I be spending that money so frivolously right now, not positive. Ugh - I have a disease.
38.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 10:47:47 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
Hi Sparkalicious - these are the closest I could find for you. It''s funny cause I actually bought them for my wedding (but they didn''t go with my dress so I sent them back). The front strap is a little different and its not a silver heel but they are dyeable if you wanted to do that. http://www.myglassslipper.com/products2.cfm?id=3917&attr1=10&sortby=ATTR1&dept=SHOES
Wow - You guys are incredible! Emeraldfan - These are gorgeous and almost spot on!!
I don''t mind that it doesn''t have a silver or gold heel. That color is fine and it''s nice to have a dying option as well, if needed.
My only concern is as to whether or not the "rhinestones" will catch on the dress etc.

Why did you find that they didn''t got with your dress? Was it the style or the color? Were you bothered by the rhinestones catching?

Also - have you ever dealt with myglassslipper.com before? Are they good? Were you happy with their service?

Sorry for all the questions but you and Freke have really got me going with these shoes. You guys are just so close. I could have spent now until eternity trying to find them or something even close and would not have succeeded.

Thanks so much!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 11:04:01 PM
Actually, if you go to Benjamin Adams website they actually have a very similar ruffle dress like in your pictures on their flash player

http://www.paradoxlondonus.com/BenjaminAdams/home.htm
Okay Emeraldfan - You are a superstar! That is the EXACT tiered ruffle I like. I was salivating and thought them quite evil for teasing me by just revealing the skirt and not the bodice. I was all set and ready to email them to inquire and I clicked on the Our Philosophy tab and saw the bodice. Not the same at all but the bottom is still lovely. Good news - no need to email them Bad news - back to square one .... at least you girls have found some really great dresses with a similar effect.

Thanks again!!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sparkalicious - I decided that they were too formal, evening-like, if that makes sense for my dress and our wedding in Napa. My dress was very Springish with floral applique and they just didn''t go well.

I tried my dress on with the shoes and the rhinestones didn''t catch at all so I wouldn''t worry about that. As far as My Glass Slipper, I had great service with them. The only thing is to make sure you return the shoes within the return period (which is I think 14 days) if you don''t like them.

I really think the shoes she''s wearing are manolo blahniks from a few seasons ago as I remember wanting a pair of them. I will keep searching.

Also, as far as the dress, I really think its a Manuel Mota Costura dress (he designs for Pronovias also) but I can''t find the exact dress cause they only have the 2008 dresses online. http://www.pronovias.com/. If you look at this website or do a search for him you''ll see he does these exact types of ruffles.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Sparkalicious - I did email Benjamin Adams for you. I saw the Philosophy page and although its not the same dress I am sure it''s the same designer. I will let you know if they get back to me.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hey just wanted to let you know I havent forgot and Im searching for you :) I will find it!! Atleast Ill try my hardest!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 12:38:59 AM
Hi Sparkalicious - I decided that they were too formal, evening-like, if that makes sense for my dress and our wedding in Napa. My dress was very Springish with floral applique and they just didn''t go well.

I tried my dress on with the shoes and the rhinestones didn''t catch at all so I wouldn''t worry about that. As far as My Glass Slipper, I had great service with them. The only thing is to make sure you return the shoes within the return period (which is I think 14 days) if you don''t like them.

I really think the shoes she''s wearing are manolo blahniks from a few seasons ago as I remember wanting a pair of them. I will keep searching.

Also, as far as the dress, I really think its a Manuel Mota Costura dress (he designs for Pronovias also) but I can''t find the exact dress cause they only have the 2008 dresses online. http://www.pronovias.com/. If you look at this website or do a search for him you''ll see he does these exact types of ruffles.
Okay - I''m officially overwhelmed. You guys are
12.gif
''s I can.not thank you enough for your assistance.

I see what you''re saying. That''s good to know. My dress will be formal so I don''t think that I should have a problem with these particular shoes ... especially since the swarovski''s don''t catch!
2.gif
I would have never previously considered myglassslipper so this is fantastic as well. If they have good product and good customer service, I''m all about them!

Manolo''s, huh. Now THOSE would be sweet for my wedding day. Or at least I could make myself justify them.
31.gif

Okay - Final piece of the puzzle fits nicely. It all makes sense now as to why I am so drawn to that dress. I LOVE Pronovias/San Patrick dresses and was looking at both Bailey and Brisa (no halter) for myself as well. I didn''t check out the Manuel Mota stuff though ... Guess where I''m off to.
28.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 12:40:45 AM
Sparkalicious - I did email Benjamin Adams for you. I saw the Philosophy page and although its not the same dress I am sure it''s the same designer. I will let you know if they get back to me.
You are WAY too much. Thanks!
Oh gosh, I''m so honoured that you would help me out like this. Silly, I could have done that ... I feel bad now that you are doing so much. I hope that I can return the favor in some way.
You''re such a sweetie.
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 12:48:31 AM
Author: blondebunny
Hey just wanted to let you know I havent forgot and Im searching for you :) I will find it!! Atleast Ill try my hardest!!!
No worries, blondebunny! I knew that you were still on the case. You don''t strike me as the type to run away from a challenge.
27.gif
Speaking of sweeties - you are a doll as well. Thanks for searching for me.

I''m sitting here all teary thinking that you guys are out there doing so much for me, a virtual stranger. Your kindness will not go rewarded.

As for Ms. Freke - there''s a special place in heaven for her for helping out so many ladies with their shoes.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s hilarious that I missed those Benjamin Adams'' shoes from My Glass Slipper. I''ve been eying a pair from there (BA too even!) for myself.

Seriously.

And thank you for your kind words. I love to do it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emeraldfan is a rockstar.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Freke,

Thanks!! You are really the shoe guru though - I just did this same search 6 months ago and knew if they were out there I had to have seen them and it was driving me crazy.

These were the manolo''s I wanted for my wedding but couldn''t find them anywhere http://www.shoebunny.com/2006/08/14/manolo-blahnik-sandals-bridget-moynahan-2/. If you guys ever see them for sale anywhere let me know as I still want them.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:46:53 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I think it''s hilarious that I missed those Benjamin Adams'' shoes from My Glass Slipper. I''ve been eying a pair from there (BA too even!) for myself.

Seriously.

And thank you for your kind words. I love to do it.
I know it. You''re such a sweetheart.
4.gif

Now ... which ones have you been eyeing??
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
What Freke said!! You are all rockstars and YES! YES! YES!
36.gif
those are the ones!

I have no idea how you did it but I''m convinced that you are geniuses to even come close to finding let alone actually finding them!!

Between Emeraldfan & Ms. Blondebunny I have no doubt you guys are going to stalk out that dress for me.

Serious shopping skills lady, serious shopping skills.
27.gif
31.gif

That was the good news ... bad news is that they are jerks.
39.gif
Although it says that 9 is available size, when you select it from the drop down, it says it is not available.
39.gif
NOT fair!
38.gif

I really like the Benjamin Adams ones as well AND I can maybe make them more of a goldish type color as my wedding colors are Pistachio and Gold so I was hoping to incorporate some gold elements - Not BWOYeeeee! Flavaflav gold but a classy soft gold. We''ll see. Darn,actually, more accurately .... $#*%!*#*$%^&!!!!!!!!!!
29.gif

Ugh! - After all you''re hard work. They can''t be out of them forever can''t they??? and now the BA site is down for maintenance. Maybe this is a sign ... I should find my butt to bed.
25.gif

THANK YOU KINDLY, LADIES!
emrose.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Darn it!! And I thought we had them
face11.gif

Well this liquidation companies auction for a whole large lot of shoes is going off in a few hours and they have the silver pelle moda shoes in a size 9 but otherwise I am seriously having a hard time finding the silver in your size.

http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view?id=1965969

Otherwise if you want gold with rhinestones here is a pair by the same company http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1087223&pg=5061393

or these but they are a 9.5 so you might have to try another site http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7363194/c/114010.html

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 4:02:45 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
I know it. You''re such a sweetheart.
4.gif

Now ... which ones have you been eyeing??
31.gif
Link!

They aren''t something I''d normally pick I think, but the 5 year old (buried deep inside somewhere) who dreamed about a Cinderella wedding loved these.

Now 26 year old Freke on the other hand is still insisting that they be dyed bright blue.

And, of course, I have about 10 other pairs I have my eye on.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Did someone already post these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results