shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Shoe & Dress Designer gurus - Freke :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Matthew Christopher is my dream dress...

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:59:06 PM
Author: FrekeChild
That Matthew Christopher is my dream dress...
Mine too. Too bad it looked awful on me!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t even try it on to find out if it would look awful on me. I''d have to go to Texas. Do you remember how much it cost, by chance?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
About $3500.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks sap. I''ll start saving my pennies....
40.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:51:20 PM
Author: sap483
Sparkalicious, I know that the top on this dress is different from the one on your inspiration dress, but if you can pull of an empire waist, I adore the Josephine gown by Matthew Christopher. I think I''ve posted about it before, it''s so stunning and has the ruffled tiers like your dress.

http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/matthewchristopher/detail/140326?offset=28#_chip=0
Oooooh, sap! It''s lovely! I''ve never seen it before but it is gorgeous. Interesting option ... thank you for posting. Now you have me thinking .... My bm''s dresses are going to have empire waists so this dress might be the perfect complement. Yay! More options. Thank you!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 6:14:23 PM
I can''t even try it on to find out if it would look awful on me. I''d have to go to Texas. Do you remember how much it cost, by chance?
Texas, huh?! I have to go to Oregon.

I don''t know if it will look good on me or not but I sure will give it a try!
18.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, keep in mind that it''s from the Spring 2007 collection and the price I was quoted was more than a year ago, so it''s possible that it has gone down.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woot! Woot! Thanks galleygal! You''re awesome!!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The question is, did you get them?!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
No Freke -- I didn''t
7.gif

I don''t have a paypal acct & I was hoping for gold color ... I''m dying though! I really, really want to get them ... especially at that price.
I''m hoping that since I have such a long time until my wedding I will either find something else I love or be able to get these closer to the date if they come up again.
For now, bidding has closed.
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Awww...I''m sorry! I''ve been staying away from shoe sites (for my wallet''s health) but I''ll keep my eyes peeled for them or anything similar!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You ROCK! No doubt about it! Thanks Freke!
35.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
So, I was in Walmart today looking at the Martha Stewart Weddings and saw a dress with the ruffles.. :-0 So I had to buy it so I could come home and seach and find it for you :) But I cant seem to find a pic... GRR Its on page 238 of martha Stewart Fall 08 magazine... Im still looking though.. But its really pretty :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
AHA! I knew that you were still on the case.
2.gif

I bought that issue! I am going to have to hunt down that picture but I suspect that I may have come across it already. Is it the Oscar de la Renta one?? I did find a Matthew Christopher one that I really like though.

There was another one as well ... dratted ... where did I put that magazine??!!

.... wanders off mumbling irritatedly to self.
38.gif

You are fantastic BB ... thanks so much for your continued assistance.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I emailed a salon (turns out the closest one to me is in CO) and they said that Matthew Christopher gown (empire waist) is just under $4k. And not getting discontinued or discounted any time soon.

I''m so sad...
7.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sparkalicious.. I work in a Bridal Boutique and there is a tiered ruffle dress that I LOVE. I will get you the exact style number tomorrow afternoon when I go in, but it I am pretty sure it is a Casablanca.

It looks so great on, I''m even modeling it in our upcoming fashion show!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 2:43:36 AM
I emailed a salon (turns out the closest one to me is in CO) and they said that Matthew Christopher gown (empire waist) is just under $4k. And not getting discontinued or discounted any time soon.

I''m so sad...
7.gif
Boo!

Have you considered trying another state and having it shipped to you?? Is that even feasible? As far as I understand it, depending on where you purchase your dress, the price differential can be quite significant. You may want to email various different salons to try it out.

Just trying to keep the dream alive!
2.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 12:12:33 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Sparkalicious.. I work in a Bridal Boutique and there is a tiered ruffle dress that I LOVE. I will get you the exact style number tomorrow afternoon when I go in, but it I am pretty sure it is a Casablanca.

It looks so great on, I''m even modeling it in our upcoming fashion show!
Oooooh! OUpeargirl, you are wonderful. Thank you!

Looking forward to your update!
21.gif
Hope you have a fabulous day at work! Also ... you know that since you will be modeling, we will need pictures, right?
25.gif
Just to get perspective on how this dress fits, right?!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 3:06:49 PM
Author: blondebunny
So, I was in Walmart today looking at the Martha Stewart Weddings and saw a dress with the ruffles.. :-0 So I had to buy it so I could come home and seach and find it for you :) But I cant seem to find a pic... GRR Its on page 238 of martha Stewart Fall 08 magazine... Im still looking though.. But its really pretty :)
Found it!
16.gif

I think that you are referring to the Atelier Aimee "Nuccia", right? I wish that I could see the whole thing b/c it looks nice. I know it couldn''t be "the" one though b/c it is basically backless.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh galleygal - You are terrible.
11.gif

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don''t have an ebay account and since all of you lovely ladies have found similar shoes for me, I''m completely undecided. I think it *may* be a titch too early for me to commit. Although ... I could find some other reason to rock these babies ....
27.gif

Please bear with me, I''m trying to calm the impulse in me that is saying BUY, YOU FOOL, BUY! It''s not going that well.
38.gif

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
I know, I''m so bad! I would buy them if they were my size! There is another pair that is smaller from another seller but those are 132.99!
29.gif
I also already bought my shoes...but sometimes I wonder if I need another pair?
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! I''d buy them now for $59.99! (If only they were my size!)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, sorry, the dress is an Allure.. Here is is! It is soooo pretty in person!

http://allurebridals.org/couture.html

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 10:57:30 PM
Author: galleygal
I know, I''m so bad! I would buy them if they were my size! There is another pair that is smaller from another seller but those are 132.99!
29.gif
I also already bought my shoes...but sometimes I wonder if I need another pair?
31.gif
It''s so much more fun being the "bad" one ... I say YES ... you NEED another pair.
27.gif

do it.
11.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:28:29 PM
OMG! I''d buy them now for $59.99! (If only they were my size!)
Freke -
38.gif
25.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:53:04 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Ok, sorry, the dress is an Allure.. Here is is! It is soooo pretty in person!

http://allurebridals.org/couture.html
Thanks so much OUpeargirl.
35.gif
I''m sure that it is!! I would love if you were able to take pics when you are modeling it ... It is hard for me to really get a feel for it from the pic other than to think that it is pretty. I would love to see a close up on the details.

I found another one ... actually, I think someone else found this one for me and I really like it from Allure as well!! http://allurebridals.org/couture.html

Do you happen to recall the price point on that dress or range for this designer??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results