shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD vs final setting for my octagon halo

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Here is the thing, before I made this post, all of things were noted, the stone being placed correctly, the halo looking like an octagon, without empty space in the corners of the halo itself, and the prong. This was all spoken about the first and/or second time that the setting came off the bench. Things were changed between the first setting and the second setting. I’m not denying that as you can see from the pictures but to have it be sent a third time to another bench and it is still not fixed, even after pointing everything out and sending it to me and saying that it matches the CAD and you won’t see anything that is actually different is saddening. Rhino has offered to make the setting again. I would just like a refund and be done with the situation as I gave the bench a fair shot. In fact, I have them multiple times to make the setting correct and they couldn’t do it. I don’t know if I am being unreasonable or not.
In my opinion, you’re not being unreasonable at all. You’ve given them a fair shot to make it right and it wasn’t done right after multiple attempts. I would feel the same as you.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi @Bfelix,

What I think you may be misunderstanding is that it wasn't sent back to the CAD team a 3rd time. Only the 1 time when they did the remake. The last thing was a simple reset lower as I thought this would alleviate the space and the jeweler told me he got it as low as he could. What you really need is a remake of the ring and I am willing to do that for you and make it perfect.

Also please understand that my policies are no different from other vendors who custom make settings and it happens to every one of us. In the real world we all make mistakes. What matters most IMHO is how we take care of those who put their trust in us to make it right. Most of the time it's a smooth road. Once in a while there's a bump and I want you to know I'm not someone to throw blame elsewhere and run from the problem and least of all abandon my client. As expressed in pm before I even saw this post, I want to make it right for you.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get yours resolved? Unfortunately I was also disappointed with my own ring and ended up sending it to my other go jeweler. Not to threadjack, but I hope you get yours the way you had envisioned it.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get yours resolved? Unfortunately I was also disappointed with my own ring and ended up sending it to my other go jeweler. Not to threadjack, but I hope you get yours the way you had envisioned it.

Uh oh. Assuming the same jeweler as OP, was it due to the same circumstances? Please share.
Either way- I'm sorry for the disappointing project.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium

This issue has been resolved with my setting for my AVR. I’m so sorry that you also had problems. Were you able to resolve them with Jon? Did you send the setting back to have it fixed according to what you paid for and what the CAD looked like? Was your jeweler able to fix it?

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Uh oh. Assuming the same jeweler as OP, was it due to the same circumstances? Please share.
Either way- I'm sorry for the disappointing project.

It is the same vendor as me. I’m sure @D&T didn’t have a setting that matched what her CAD looked like or to her satisfaction of what she thought it should look like with all the details of the CAD and then the outcome looking different.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This issue has been resolved with my setting for my AVR. I’m so sorry that you also had problems. Were you able to resolve them with Jon? Did you send the setting back to have it fixed according to what you paid for and what the CAD looked like? Was your jeweler able to fix it?

@Bfelix I am so glad that it got resolved! Your stone looks stunning, and I hope that the final setting lives up to the stone!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bfelix So glad that it you were able to resolve. I'm too impatient, unfortunately I'm out of the $ I don't want to go back and forth, and prefer DK anyways to execute based on the CAD so its with him now. I didn't give Jonathan's bench another try, also I'm surprise that Jonathan didn't look at it closely to see the wonkiness that maybe only PSers would notice, but I was very disappointed with the final ring, so much at one point I put it up for sale... but that lasted only a few hours, and snapped myself into reality that although i was not satisfied with the setting, the diamonds were amazing. I knew the photography looked a little off, but hoped that it wouldn't show up in person.
I don't want to threadjack by posting my pictures in your thread I love Jonathan's diamonds, but unfortunately I don't have confident on the bench selection. The beadwork the wonkiness was not to my standard, and I'm not super OCD either thats the kicker.

I like to give other jeweler's a try, but this is one of the reason why I stick with my go to jeweler, so I'm not disappointed and out of $$ plus taint my experience with the whole experience. Lesson learned.

Congrats on a beautiful Diamond and hopefully soon setting!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bfelix - good to see you and the vendor have worked it out - whatever that may be. Looking forward to your finished product!

@D&T - I believe I did see your ring on LT before you changed your mind. I think I would feel the same. Looking forward to what you ultimately create with the other jeweler, and I think your intended original setting would be gorgeous with a competent bench. I hope the original vendor reaches out to you to make this right so the brand new setting isn't scrapped for gold and you eat the difference due to their incompetence.

It's not like the both of you just came to the realization that the vision you had didn't translate well to a finished piece. Or that you signed off on a CAD with mistakes, or just plain changed your minds on a style.
Yes it's a mark of a good vendor on how they act in the face of a bad situation, But I'm glad you both decided to post here of just how that all transpired to get to where you are at now. Thank you.

Edited for clarity

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi @Rfisher Absolutely this vendor reached out. I make every effort for my clients and stand behind my products 100%. My emails are generally all answered within 24 hours and serve outside of email like text/instagram/fb as well and even after hours. Anyone in this thread or on these boards who has done business with me knows my level of customer service and the lengths I'll go on their behalf.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to be clear, Jonathan did reach out, I know he would try and remake it but I chose not to move forward. I’m pretty decisive, if something isn’t Right the first time, I move on. CAD approved but the execution was less than stellar and to me it didn’t have quite that definition as the CAD portrayed plus some parts didn’t look right and it was obvious to me.

Thank you Jonathan, I still recommend your diamonds and you have great communication, there’s no hard feelings and I know I’m out $$$ but I don’t want to go back and forth, If my happiness means losing $ and going the safe route and moving on that’s what I will do.
I apologize for threadjacking @Bfelix.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@D&T, it’s ok. No hard feelings and it isn’t a thread jack. A similar situation happened with you. I understand.

@Rhino, thank you for responding. Your diamonds are phenomenal and your customer service with answering questions is fast too. You have answered many of my diamond questions late at night, which I know is after hours for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results