shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD help - solitaire with wrap

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had the mould for the first design and it stayed in place. I dunno maybe it won’t work with metal. The emeralds are slightly further apart in the photo to what it will be irl 85173646-1836-4B16-9E96-732CDF24471C.jpeg

Ok good :)

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I think the basket is nice, and like the prong placement for the side stones. By rotating do you mean having the side prong of the side stone fall in between the two side prongs of the diamond? so that it's not two and two prongs side by side? I think that could look nice also, but like the uniformity of the prongs as is and think when it's set, it will look nice!

My only question is with the wrap. I think in one previous CAD I saw that it was completely open and wanted to make sure there was a connector:
1616193625096.png 1616193638469.png

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the basket is nice, and like the prong placement for the side stones. By rotating do you mean having the side prong of the side stone fall in between the two side prongs of the diamond? so that it's not two and two prongs side by side? I think that could look nice also, but like the uniformity of the prongs as is and think when it's set, it will look nice!

My only question is with the wrap. I think in one previous CAD I saw that it was completely open and wanted to make sure there was a connector:
1616193625096.png 1616193638469.png

Thanks for your thoughts on the prongs. I didn’t know if it looked crowded? But equally liked having a prong at north south position on the diamond and emeralds.
No connector it’s open which is visually more pleasing I think. What’s your concern? Too flimsy? I’m not hard on my rings and I won’t wear the wrap every day so not overly worried. Or something else?

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I think maybe it looks crowded because in the CAD they're always a little bulkier and long looking :lol: I think set it will look uniform and nice! Are you doing longer claw prongs, or daintier claw prongs?

Apologies if this came up already in the thread - Yes I was thinking it might be a little flimsy because it's also thin but if DK had no worries about it and you also don't then good to go!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think maybe it looks crowded because in the CAD they're always a little bulkier and long looking :lol: I think set it will look uniform and nice! Are you doing longer claw prongs, or daintier claw prongs?

Apologies if this came up already in the thread - Yes I was thinking it might be a little flimsy because it's also thin but if DK had no worries about it and you also don't then good to go!

Daintier prongs, probably not really pointy, I want it to look Victorian. Well he had made it thicker but I asked for it to be thinner. I think I will wear it 25-50% of the time and I am careful and light on my rings so I am not too worried about that aspect.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha actually I ordered one of those earlier! I’ve got a wax model of the first CAD (see photo above) it stayed in place fine, though obviously that’s plastic not metal. It’s not just having the green though, I really want the flexibility of having a solitaire or a three stone.

Okay, great! So glad you ordered the model! Without reading back through all the posts, did you have him move the side stones a little more towards the middle after this model? It appears there would be too much of a gap between center and sides in this model.

(Edited to add...I see in a post above that the sides will be closer to the center in the actual ring.)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, great! So glad you ordered the model! Without reading back through all the posts, did you have him move the side stones a little more towards the middle after this model? It appears there would be too much of a gap between center and sides in this model.

(Edited to add...I see in a post above that the sides will be closer to the center in the actual ring.)

Yeah because it’s so bendy it tends to splay out slightly.
I am slightly concerned about whether the wrap will stay in place. I’ve asked about that again.
However assuming he is confident it will stay in place I’ve signed off on the design. I bought the diamond in 13th February and it went straight to David so its taken a while!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
@meely Did you get your ring and wrap? Looking at doing and would love to see your finished rings. :)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s on DK’s IG :love:

I can't find it. There is one but I don't think it's @meely . :confused:

edit: Found it! I was looking for a three stone in the picture, but it actually is the solitaire :)

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oops yes I got it sorry for the late reply heading out now will reply with pics later

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Been thinking about how this project ended! Would love to see pics!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Taylorbug! sorry for the late reply, here are some photos.
024D3DA6-4925-4C8F-A35F-16D45AD46FE2.jpeg 1B70627F-5532-4FE3-9B40-13BBC5E81FA6.jpeg 0584C724-AA13-4111-9F16-DF0FBD49C26A.jpeg 7B5B2AC5-5BC3-430B-A540-C4F4FA828705.jpeg
Serious ring envy going on here :mrgreen:
This is stunning
Enjoy the heck out of it!
Your diamond - the emeralds - the setting - the choices in how you wear it - all absolutely gorgeous
Thank you for the pictures - please don’t be shy to post many many more

(what’s all the stones stats, if you will indulge?)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wow absolutely gorgeous - I’d love to see close ups of the engraving!

The emerald and diamond are just meant to be - absolute gorgeousness!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh!! This is amazing!!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That came out brilliantly! I love seeing the CAD journey so you can see where it is going and how things translate. Adore the matte finish. A perfect wrap!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the comments, feeling a bit guilty that I didn’t post before and thank you to anyone viewing this thread that might have helped me out with this project. It’s a gorgeous ring and I’m really pleased with it!
I will try and get some more photos up.
Stones specs from memory are 3.01 N SI2

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the comments, feeling a bit guilty that I didn’t post before and thank you to anyone viewing this thread that might have helped me out with this project. It’s a gorgeous ring and I’m really pleased with it!

Oh don’t feel guilty at all! We are just gluttons for pictures haha!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero need to feel guilty!! I’d love if you started a dedicated thread to the beautiful completed wrap bc I’m afraid ppl will miss seeing it!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

It is beautiful and I am glad to see you back on here!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock::shock:YUP.:love::love:
This is an official holy grailer territory entry for me! 841382

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@meely
Out extreme curiosity
Do these nestle together or do they ‘click’ together?

thanks!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean thank you, you are so kind

@motownmama I will try and do that.

@Mreader thank you thats really sweet of you I’ve been busy doing a load of diy stuff and have now totally overbooked for kids summer holidays

@ItsMainelyYou wow that is a massive compliment, you have beautiful taste, thank you

@Rfisher they nestle and occasionally slip out of place but not enough to annoy me.

Blue Bird

Rough_Rock
Oh, wow! Such a wonderful idea and a beautiful result! ❤️

AL12

Shiny_Rock
@meely i just found this thread and I'm obsessed with this idea! if you don't mind sharing how much your custom setting cost (or ball park number) I would greatly appreciate it! but understand if you don't want to share this information :)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @AL12 thank you! I need a diamond one now! I think it was around $1800-$2000 for both (not including the emeralds).

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Hi @AL12 thank you! I need a diamond one now! I think it was around $1800-$2000 for both (not including the emeralds).

Thanks so much for sharing! The world is your oyster with this wrap option!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results