shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD from Tianyu

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Yes the 1.5mm is the depth/thickness of it and that seems thin to me, especially with pave. You don't want it to bend if you bang your hand on something or grip your steering wheel hard like me. :D

That makes sense. I’ll ask for 1.7mm+ for depth/thickness and then other than deciding on claw prongs or not, I think I’ll tell her it’s good to go!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense. I’ll ask for 1.7mm+ for depth/thickness and then other than deciding on claw prongs or not, I think I’ll tell her it’s good to go!
I love claw prongs because I don't like blobs. :lol:

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I love claw prongs because I don't like blobs. :lol:

I’m torn! Some claws I love and some look pretty harsh to me. Maybe the blob is the safer choice. :D

Ive been looking back at photos to try and swe how Tianyu does claw prongs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the prongs on @Lucky_Rabbit's new ring.

oval_ring_1-jpg.647768

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! Was that Tianyu? I can’t remembered. I’ve looked through so many pages!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it's the starsgems thread.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is just my opinion but I think when you have a halo, you want to stick with claw prongs, not double claw. The claws should almost be invisible so the halo and the center stone look very cohesive and from a distance, they look like a single stone. I think having the extra metal in the way, takes away from the center stone. I like double claw on square stones without halo’s if the centers are over 1.5 mm to avoid and overcrowded look. Again...this is just my opinion...lol!

On the width and depth. I have looked at a ton of CAD’s and most rings I have seen posted on the two boards has a thickness of 1.8. Your pave band is very skinny though so you don’t want a band that is thicker than wide. The melee sort of dictates the size of the band so they are keeping the depth of the band on the thin side. You have a smaller finger size so the proportions will probably work for you if you are going for a very petite setting. If you want something with a little more weight to it, you could increase the melee size and get the band to 2 mm. This is what I prefer but I have a bigger finger and than they can make it a bit thicker (like 1.8). If you want to keep this pave band very skinny and petite though, than I would go to 1.6 on the thickness just so it doesn’t dent so easily over time...

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
This is just my opinion but I think when you have a halo, you want to stick with claw prongs, not double claw. The claws should almost be invisible so the halo and the center stone look very cohesive and from a distance, they look like a single stone. I think having the extra metal in the way, takes away from the center stone. I like double claw on square stones without halo’s if the centers are over 1.5 mm to avoid and overcrowded look. Again...this is just my opinion...lol!

On the width and depth. I have looked at a ton of CAD’s and most rings I have seen posted on the two boards has a thickness of 1.8. Your pave band is very skinny though so you don’t want a band that is thicker than wide. The melee sort of dictates the size of the band so they are keeping the depth of the band on the thin side. You have a smaller finger size so the proportions will probably work for you if you are going for a very petite setting. If you want something with a little more weight to it, you could increase the melee size and get the band to 2 mm. This is what I prefer but I have a bigger finger and than they can make it a bit thicker (like 1.8). If you want to keep this pave band very skinny and petite though, than I would go to 1.6 on the thickness just so it doesn’t dent so easily over time...

Thank you for this! I ended up emailing Ella last night and asking to do 1.7mm thickness and asking for single prongs either round or claw, whichever could be the smallest. I also told her it was good to go after those changes so not sure if I’ll get another CAD.

Does anyone know how long production is after an approved CAD? They’ve been so fast with the changes. It’s incredible.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
It’ll be done in probably less than 2 weeks. Shipping is 3 days or may take 4 or 5 if it falls over a weekend. I think you will have it by the end of the month. I think all the changes look really good. Much closer to your inspiration pic now! Now the waiting game which is the hardest part....!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I’ll post it for sure! So curious how it will turn out!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
My platinum setting came back from David today with the special step cut set. I love it! It is very white which will take some getting used to but I am happy with how it turned out. Now I have a plain solitaire again to wear when I don't want to put on the VC ring.

20180910_130245.jpg 20180910_130244.jpg

With my platinum 1.75 ctw diamond eternity that is way too white to wear with my ACC.

20180910_131415.jpg

Stunning!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh crap. I put this in your thread. Sorry. Deleted so you can delete yours. o_O

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Here’s the video. I don’t know. It’s hard to get a feel for it from this.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Oh shoot. I guess I can’t post it. There’s an error.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
B10E617A-9592-4B81-88A4-46AF20DCF6D1.png 25350087-4AD4-4AC3-9A63-0A8CDEE4FB04.png I grabbed some screenshots

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
:eek2: Pretty!!!! Can’t wait to see hand shots! What do you think of it?

I just don’t know. It doesn’t seem very sparkly. I’m kind of ehh at the moment but I’m open to changing my mind when I see it in person.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I just don’t know. It doesn’t seem very sparkly. I’m kind of ehh at the moment but I’m open to changing my mind when I see it in person.

Oh no! Yes, definitely wait until you get it. When do you expect to get it?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

I will say if you don’t love it, you won’t have any problems selling it!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! Yes, definitely wait until you get it. When do you expect to get it?

I’m not sure. I asked and I’ll let you know what she says. We are out of town until Sunday so hopefully not until after that.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great! I don't find their videos do the pieces justice. My pieces looked "pretty good" from the videos, and are amazing in person. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Yeah— I know it’s hard to take photos and video of jewelry if that’s not your expertise. We shall see!
I think it looks great! I don't find their videos do the pieces justice. My pieces looked "pretty good" from the videos, and are amazing in person. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
2814FC2F-428A-44B3-B7D1-E34421BC5585.jpeg D8D53483-2F54-4ACB-9884-D1FB35D0C1D0.jpeg 3D68AB70-2475-4AF6-B23F-7AC5647A057A.jpeg CA539944-0DE5-4313-A467-AF6F24F4E47F.jpeg It’s here! I like it a lot better in person! It’s delicate and sparkly. I’m just really trying to decide if I’m a halo person. I put it on and immediately thought— this isn’t classic looking enough for me. I really like it though and am trying to decide if I should set my diamond in it.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
2814FC2F-428A-44B3-B7D1-E34421BC5585.jpeg D8D53483-2F54-4ACB-9884-D1FB35D0C1D0.jpeg 3D68AB70-2475-4AF6-B23F-7AC5647A057A.jpeg CA539944-0DE5-4313-A467-AF6F24F4E47F.jpeg It’s here! I like it a lot better in person! It’s delicate and sparkly. I’m just really trying to decide if I’m a halo person. I put it on and immediately thought— this isn’t classic looking enough for me. I really like it though and am trying to decide if I should set my diamond in it.

I think they did a great job! If you decide you don’t love it, you can sell it and someone will snatch it up QUICK.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I think they did a great job! If you decide you don’t love it, you can sell it and someone will snatch it up QUICK.
I really love the classic style of your diamond in the solitaire and it looks so good on your finger in your avatar picture. I know you said it was in bad shape from being eaten by the prongs over the years.

If you don’t feel you are a halo person, you could have Tianyu redo or recreate a new solitaire setting for you. I can’t tell if it is a comfort fit setting or knife edge in your pic. If you want to do something different, you can go with another color gold, two tone or platinum. You can order a loose moissanite to have in your halo to switch out for days when you want a different type of bling...or get a colored moissanite like teal, green or yellow which would all look good in that halo setting. Probably a preloved gemstone from LT or ebay would be great too. You can then recycle the gold/PT from your old setting to pay for resetting the two stones in their new settings. If it is a designer solitaire setting, you can resell it to pay for resetting the two stones.

Or the simple answer would be to leave your solitaire as it is and just order a loose moissanite for the halo...

Just some ideas....

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock

I keep putting this on and taking it off. I love it but I think I’m just a solitaire girl. I’m going to list it. I’ve never sold jewelry before. Is loupe troop the way to go?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I keep putting this on and taking it off. I love it but I think I’m just a solitaire girl. I’m going to list it. I’ve never sold jewelry before. Is loupe troop the way to go?

Either that or Diamond Bistro. I think more people have luck with moissanite on DB but I could be mistaken. I’d try both if it were me!

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the input I’ve been getting for my million engagement ring questions. I got a quote for a wedding set for my style inspiration (below), but I wanted to make some adjustments before asking to make a CAD. Here’s a drawing I threw together (I’ll probably try to make something more even to show them). What do you think about the prongs, heart or claw (or just heart on the top and claw for the rest?) I like the way some heart prongs look like leaves, so it gives it more of a stylistic vine feel. Also, would 4 prongs be enough, or would you recommend another set for sturdiness? The other question is, how far can I safely veer from the original design? I’ve heard things can get tricky with the more custom designs. And keep the milgrain or no? I feel like the original design’s is pretty chunky to begin with, so based on what I’ve seen from others on here, they’d be able to get pretty close. Any other input about the design? Thanks! 49EC9C80-D8BC-4B00-96BB-9327FE4B2413.jpeg 5BAC11BF-C1B0-4C15-B977-5A97FB283846.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results