shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Bye bye RB, hello OMB!

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
I only have a second to post and upload - darn internet has been tempermental here and as soon as I am ready to post it says "website unavailable" grr!

I will just post the specifics and leave the backstory out since this is attempt #3 to post. A special THANKS to Haven for posting her beautiful chunkalicious stone!! That kicked me into go mode! :)

Purchased in a local (non-jewelry) antique shop. Was for sale on consignment for an amazing price and listed as "3.5 ct antique unsymmetrical round cut stone set in platinum." We purchased the ring on a contingency that it was a diamond with no fracture fillers and had a clarity of SI1 or better. The setting was in pretty poor shape and 2 of the prongs were badly damaged while the others were wearing dangerously thin.

Had the stone inspected by a GG, and she weighed in at a chunky 4.21cts and estimated as L color and Si1 (borderline Vs2) clarity.

I absolutely love the personality of it!!!!!!!! In some lighting it looks like a warm vanilla custard, in other lightings you can just see a hint of warmth. There is always something new to see when I look at it!

Setting is temporary and will most likely be replaced by a Victor Canera creation early next year.

*Currently in talks with Sarah from GOG on creating a friendly AVC eternity to keep her company. ;-)

Pics on the way right now.....

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
*edited to add

Showing her warmth, this is pretty close to how I see it most of the time, but I work indoors. :)

mynahbird6 (2).JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous! Looks like an OEC in the pictures?

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
It's breathtaking!!! More pics please :love:

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
Oh goodness.....I keep getting the "invaild" message!!!

One more try at uploading, then it will have to wait till tomorrow......date night with the hubby tonight!

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
obligatory halloween shot ;-)

mynahbirdcat222.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
Grr, I will have to work on resizing them I think...

Thank you for the kind words! :) Tonight is her maiden voyage out! Haven't worn it anywhere besides work and home yet!

:)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is stunning, congrats! Was it sold to you as an OMB? It looks like an OEC to me too....of course, who cares what it's called...it's gorgeous either way!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! :love:
It's looks like an OEC to me, but whatever it is it's stunning and at nearly a carat over stated weight it's a steal!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...another lovely old cut...beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you to get such a beautiful diamond! Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! What a stone :love: :love: :love:

If old cut season was in any danger of tapering off new pieces like this just lit the fire again :sun:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW!

I wanna hear the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it is so gorgeous!! I am wiping the drool off my keyboard right now! :love: :love: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
WOW...gorgeous!!!! do tell us more :)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really, really, really hope your internet chooses to behave - I wanna hear the backstory in more detail, I wanna see more pics, I just want MORE! The stone looks fabulous on you - enjoy the maiden voyage!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a find! Fabulous! :appl:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous. I love the old cuts.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is so beautiful!!

katiedub

Rough_Rock
wow, what a beauty! awesome finger coverage!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It SPARKLES alot~! And look huge on you!!! Certainly caught a great deal yourself!! Change a setting and wowza~! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just spectacular!! :love: :love: :love: Looks so gorgeous on your hand, congrats on finding this treasure!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

It is gorgeous!

I love the setting too!!

Where is the setting from?! Is that the original setting repolished with the prongs fixed? Or is that a new 'temporary' setting? I'd take that as my 'forever' setting in a heartbeat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results