shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying my first AVC!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @elizat and @purplesilk to some extent. I think you are moving way too fast. I think you need more time to consider things.
We've seen this happen before. You really want to have time to make sure you know what you want and arent just buying something
at a whim. I would slow way down.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I will write something unpopular and it is not meant to be unkind.

You just got engaged recently and you have reset that stone, twice, now? In less than a few months?

I would take a step back. Live with it and think about what you want. New settings and new stones are costly. Do you really want a smaller stone? I thought you liked the stone size? How about getting a moissanite, as suggested above, for the Scholdt and see if you like the size in a higher color?

You are going down a lot in size. Or order some sterling rings in CZ with the size of AVC you are looking at before you spend the money. Or do the AVC in moissy and set it in a Stuller setting in 10k. Live with something for at least a year and then revisit it. Figure out what you really want. Not trying to be a wet blanket and sorry about that in advance, but I would really sit and think on this much longer. I recall reading you have longer fingers and are also quite tall- you may not like a smaller stone at all and then how much do you have in this? What are you going to do with the first diamond?

I appreciate it. Not being a wet blanket. Honestly, I think if I was reading my story I would feel the same way. I was thinking of buying a CZ ring - I think I am going to do that, actually. It is a good idea. I am frankly pretty embarrassed by the whole situation and kept throwing new settings at it

I do have longer fingers and am tall - I think what my eyes see competes with comfort for me - something about the bigger stone doesn't feel comfortable. I can't afford a higher colored stone in a comparable size, so I can't even really consider it. My sister has a really pretty 1ct bezel that I was able to wear and really found it pleasing.

I am keeping the original stone / diamond. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I am going to leave it be for a while.

I have not decided if I am going to purchase anything yet. I think I am going to also try to go to a jeweler and try things on!

Last edited:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I followed your story @annagene12 and I felt bad because you seemed really happy with the choices and then eventually got tired of the settings/stone, which can definitely happen if you're not familiar with diamonds or jewelry! I always say I'm so grateful to have found Pricescope because I think we all start out like this. When my BF and I talked about engagement, I was so sure I would ask for something like ~1.75-2 MRB in a simple Tiffany-style setting. I knew nothing about color, clarity, or cut, outside of knowing that they exist as factors LOL.

Fast forward to me doing a LOT (like weeks and months) of research on IG, Pricescope, blogs, etc and also trying a bunch of stones on my hand to see what looks good, and realized that what I actually like are OECs! I had no idea this was even an option to me before doing my research. In my free time, I went to check out settings and stones in person to find out crucial things about myself: what kind of OECs do I like, what color am I comfortable with, and what settings are flattering on my hands? And of course, what is my BF's budget :lol:

Not until did I try on SO many rings and looked at SO many OECs did I figure out what kind of facets and patterns appealed to my eyes, and what color range I'm comfortable with. My BF hasn't proposed yet but the ring is ready and I landed with a 2.23 MVS1 OEC in a Edwardian replica setting. I feel super comfortable with my choice because I took the time to figure out what I liked. Never say never, perhaps many years down the line I'll want to try a new setting, but I know I will love it because it's exactly what I asked for!

I say all this to encourage you to do as much research and try on as many types of rings as possible, because I think on places like PS it's so easy to get swept up by the excitement of beautiful rings and beautiful stones. I find myself daydreaming now about gorgeous cuts because everyone here has such amazing taste and creativity! I also am concerned that you won't like your stone or find something lacking because you haven't taken the time to develop what you're looking for in a forever (for now) engagement ring. Take your time, and enjoy your stone! I saw your ring and I thought it was lovely FWIW. There's so much eye-candy on PS that inspiration will surely come to you as you try rings on yourself.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely only buy an AVC from Jon. He is the creator of the stone and has the patent (although he may be renaming them). I think any near colorless stone will look so much whiter than an M, but I think I color is very safe and should not look yellow. I can start seeing some tint in some J color stones and lower. I would take some time looking through threads here to see many kinds of stones and settings, but I can see why you'd fall in love with AVCs!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I followed your story @annagene12 and I felt bad because you seemed really happy with the choices and then eventually got tired of the settings/stone, which can definitely happen if you're not familiar with diamonds or jewelry! I always say I'm so grateful to have found Pricescope because I think we all start out like this. When my BF and I talked about engagement, I was so sure I would ask for something like ~1.75-2 MRB in a simple Tiffany-style setting. I knew nothing about color, clarity, or cut, outside of knowing that they exist as factors LOL.

Fast forward to me doing a LOT (like weeks and months) of research on IG, Pricescope, blogs, etc and also trying a bunch of stones on my hand to see what looks good, and realized that what I actually like are OECs! I had no idea this was even an option to me before doing my research. In my free time, I went to check out settings and stones in person to find out crucial things about myself: what kind of OECs do I like, what color am I comfortable with, and what settings are flattering on my hands? And of course, what is my BF's budget :lol:

Not until did I try on SO many rings and looked at SO many OECs did I figure out what kind of facets and patterns appealed to my eyes, and what color range I'm comfortable with. My BF hasn't proposed yet but the ring is ready and I landed with a 2.23 MVS1 OEC in a Edwardian replica setting. I feel super comfortable with my choice because I took the time to figure out what I liked. Never say never, perhaps many years down the line I'll want to try a new setting, but I know I will love it because it's exactly what I asked for!

I say all this to encourage you to do as much research and try on as many types of rings as possible, because I think on places like PS it's so easy to get swept up by the excitement of beautiful rings and beautiful stones. I find myself daydreaming now about gorgeous cuts because everyone here has such amazing taste and creativity! I also am concerned that you won't like your stone or find something lacking because you haven't taken the time to develop what you're looking for in a forever (for now) engagement ring. Take your time, and enjoy your stone! I saw your ring and I thought it was lovely FWIW. There's so much eye-candy on PS that inspiration will surely come to you as you try rings on yourself.

So, my response may be long winded and rambling...so sorry in advance LOL.

I really appreciate your thoughts. A LOT. I agree that PS can feel like a whirlpool! Everyone has been really kind. The whole thing feels like a huge mess that was created by doing diligence after the fact. I wouldn't expect anyone to possibly know this, but it is characteristic of me to be flighty, indecisive and all over the place until I settle on a final choice and BAM, then I am good. (To paint a picture, I lived in NYC for 3 years, moved 7 times across 3 boroughs, until I realized the problem was that New York City was the only thing driving me crazy.)

I think reading some of the comments I have had a few realizations. I am grateful for the forum. I wish I had found it sooner. My other challenges - not seeing things in person and feeling rather alone in the process. I simply don't know anyone who wears / owns diamonds. I see them around, of course, but nothing I ever noticed before. Most of my peers are a bit more "radical", flatly anti-diamond, so my initial search was very non-traditional. I would've ended up with some salt and pepper stone with a more ornate setting and not given it much thought. I didn't aspire to own anything top shelf, or didn't think it was achievable, so didn't linger on fantasies. My fiance was the one who convinced me to look at more traditional options and emphasized "solitaire".

Then I briefly found PS. Saw all of these big stones, and saw solitaires, thought it was the real world, eked out a rough narrative "big is better". I glazed over EVERYTHING else PS had to offer...a shame, really. I assumed being tall, with large hands, meant that I needed a formidably sized stone at all costs.

I went to a whopping two stores to try on no more than 5-6 diamond rings. I was more preoccupied with my fiance hating shopping and feeling pressured to pick something that I was supposed to love forever. Also just "wow diamonds!" The first store (now I know) was outrageously overpriced. The second store, Ivy & Rose, is where we looked at two rings (because they sold "vintage M-colored stones") in about 15 mins on a lunch break. I thought that M-colored stones threw the pastel, blocky sparkles I had seen briefly on PS. It didn't dawn on me that cut had anything to do with it!

Funnily, the clincher(s) with my current stone had nothing to do with PS. I saw it in 3 situations next to other stones and I couldn't unsee how disappointed I felt with mine in comparison. The way they sparkled - I had never seen anything like it. Photos on PS don't compare to reality! I saw one in particular, a small vintage cushion (was maybe 1 carat, tops?) that just made my jaw drop. It threw soft pastels, was so delicate and feminine. Nothing like how I feel with mine, which felt large, listless and muddy. That was 5 months ago. I have sat on this for a bit even if I am coming off as impetuous. I felt trapped by my choice and thought, if I could get a KILLER setting, I could learn to live with it. I really was convinced my fiance would not ever want to exchange it (he had said so when I hinted at it early on) and I didn't want to press it because I knew it would hurt his feelings.

But after living with it for 9 months, and two settings later, I have not warmed up to it at all...there are lots of other excuses I can muster, but I will stop there.

Thanks to your tips, we are going to look at different options together in stores and made a few appointments. Something we should have done a year ago. I will be looking for size / proportions, styles, etc. If I leave the appointments more confused than ever, I am going to put the process on hold.

If I buy an AVC, I am also fully prepared that I might return it. I need to see it, and I can't walk into a store and look at one. If I buy anything, I don't really intend to set it right away, honestly. I want to live with it, look at it in different lights, etc.

Aside from all of this - I just found out that despite my request to do a non-nickel alloy for my 18k WG set, Sholdt used a nickel alloy. There was somehow an error in communication and I am not pointing fingers, but I am devastated. I do really love my current setting, planned on using it for SOMETHING, and I am absolutely gutted to learn that I will probably develop an allergy to it over time. :snore: So, my current setting and wedding ring will be useless to me. I am reaching out to see what I can do there.

Ramble OVER and thanks if you made it this far.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@annagene12 it is a learning curve- I read your whole post! I bought some awful things when I first started collecting and I tried to buy what I thought I should like- for example, modern round studs, a solitaire diamond pendant, etc. Those things are not me. I had to learn that. I will never have an engagement ring, which I am actually very okay with, because I think that would feel like pressure- like I had to like it the most, when I don't actually have a single favorite (and never want to wear the same thing daily). Anyway, take your time and see what you like. Try on all the different shapes. Figure out what speaks to you.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
So, my response may be long winded and rambling...so sorry in advance LOL.

I really appreciate your thoughts. A LOT. I agree that PS can feel like a whirlpool! Everyone has been really kind. The whole thing feels like a huge mess that was created by doing diligence after the fact. I wouldn't expect anyone to possibly know this, but it is characteristic of me to be flighty, indecisive and all over the place until I settle on a final choice and BAM, then I am good. (To paint a picture, I lived in NYC for 3 years, moved 7 times across 3 boroughs, until I realized the problem was that New York City was the only thing driving me crazy.)

I think reading some of the comments I have had a few realizations. I am grateful for the forum. I wish I had found it sooner. My other challenges - not seeing things in person and feeling rather alone in the process. I simply don't know anyone who wears / owns diamonds. I see them around, of course, but nothing I ever noticed before. Most of my peers are a bit more "radical", flatly anti-diamond, so my initial search was very non-traditional. I would've ended up with some salt and pepper stone with a more ornate setting and not given it much thought. I didn't aspire to own anything top shelf, or didn't think it was achievable, so didn't linger on fantasies. My fiance was the one who convinced me to look at more traditional options and emphasized "solitaire".

Then I briefly found PS. Saw all of these big stones, and saw solitaires, thought it was the real world, eked out a rough narrative "big is better". I glazed over EVERYTHING else PS had to offer...a shame, really. I assumed being tall, with large hands, meant that I needed a formidably sized stone at all costs.

I went to a whopping two stores to try on no more than 5-6 diamond rings. I was more preoccupied with my fiance hating shopping and feeling pressured to pick something that I was supposed to love forever. Also just "wow diamonds!" The first store (now I know) was outrageously overpriced. The second store, Ivy & Rose, is where we looked at two rings (because they sold "vintage M-colored stones") in about 15 mins on a lunch break. I thought that M-colored stones threw the pastel, blocky sparkles I had seen briefly on PS. It didn't dawn on me that cut had anything to do with it!

Funnily, the clincher(s) with my current stone had nothing to do with PS. I saw it in 3 situations next to other stones and I couldn't unsee how disappointed I felt with mine in comparison. The way they sparkled - I had never seen anything like it. Photos on PS don't compare to reality! I saw one in particular, a small vintage cushion (was maybe 1 carat, tops?) that just made my jaw drop. It threw soft pastels, was so delicate and feminine. Nothing like how I feel with mine, which felt large, listless and muddy. That was 5 months ago. I have sat on this for a bit even if I am coming off as impetuous. I felt trapped by my choice and thought, if I could get a KILLER setting, I could learn to live with it. I really was convinced my fiance would not ever want to exchange it (he had said so when I hinted at it early on) and I didn't want to press it because I knew it would hurt his feelings.

But after living with it for 9 months, and two settings later, I have not warmed up to it at all...there are lots of other excuses I can muster, but I will stop there.

Thanks to your tips, we are going to look at different options together in stores and made a few appointments. Something we should have done a year ago. I will be looking for size / proportions, styles, etc. If I leave the appointments more confused than ever, I am going to put the process on hold.

If I buy an AVC, I am also fully prepared that I might return it. I need to see it, and I can't walk into a store and look at one. If I buy anything, I don't really intend to set it right away, honestly. I want to live with it, look at it in different lights, etc.

Aside from all of this - I just found out that despite my request to do a non-nickel alloy for my 18k WG set, Sholdt used a nickel alloy. There was somehow an error in communication and I am not pointing fingers, but I am devastated. I do really love my current setting, planned on using it for SOMETHING, and I am absolutely gutted to learn that I will probably develop an allergy to it over time. :snore: So, my current setting and wedding ring will be useless to me. I am reaching out to see what I can do there.

Ramble OVER and thanks if you made it this far.

Hey I totally get you! And I didn't mean for my comments to be unkind. I would just hate for you to continue spending money on settings or stones that you "force" yourself to like and then realize that they're not what you want after all. Diamonds and settings are expensive, and I think especially for an engagement ring, people feel really attached and picky since it's meant to be "forever."

I actually went alone to most of the jewelry stores when I was doing research (or with friends/family) because I wanted to enjoy my search and bling moments without my BF feeling pressured. He pretty much wasn't involved until I picked out a diamond LOL, so I understand you feeling the pressure of not wanting to stress your partner out.

Now that you have a ring, definitely enjoy the process of seeing what you like. It also sounds like it's not the size or even the color that you have an issue with, so maybe scrapping out everything about your current stone that you like will be helpful! If you love the AVC 3-stone, that's great! If you decide that you like solitaires after all and find a gorgeous OEC/OMC that throws the pastel kaleidoscope colors that we all love with antique stones, that's amazing! Part of the joy of finding an OEC/OMC is the hunt, so don't rule anything out until you see it in person, or at least the video.

Good luck!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hey I totally get you! And I didn't mean for my comments to be unkind. I would just hate for you to continue spending money on settings or stones that you "force" yourself to like and then realize that they're not what you want after all. Diamonds and settings are expensive, and I think especially for an engagement ring, people feel really attached and picky since it's meant to be "forever."

I actually went alone to most of the jewelry stores when I was doing research (or with friends/family) because I wanted to enjoy my search and bling moments without my BF feeling pressured. He pretty much wasn't involved until I picked out a diamond LOL, so I understand you feeling the pressure of not wanting to stress your partner out.

Now that you have a ring, definitely enjoy the process of seeing what you like. It also sounds like it's not the size or even the color that you have an issue with, so maybe scrapping out everything about your current stone that you like will be helpful! If you love the AVC 3-stone, that's great! If you decide that you like solitaires after all and find a gorgeous OEC/OMC that throws the pastel kaleidoscope colors that we all love with antique stones, that's amazing! Part of the joy of finding an OEC/OMC is the hunt, so don't rule anything out until you see it in person, or at least the video.

Good luck!!

Oh gosh you weren’t being unkind at all! I really appreciated what you had to share and didn’t mean to express anything other than that! I think my ramble was a combination of feeling like needed to justify myself (to myself as much as anyone) and show how I even arrived at my decision to seek a new stone. So sorry if I seemed defensive!

I think your comments seem spot on, and I am taking them to heart.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and go solo.I think I felt self conscious before but clearly a little anxiety around strangers costs a lot less than cycling through rings.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@annagene12 it is a learning curve- I read your whole post! I bought some awful things when I first started collecting and I tried to buy what I thought I should like- for example, modern round studs, a solitaire diamond pendant, etc. Those things are not me. I had to learn that. I will never have an engagement ring, which I am actually very okay with, because I think that would feel like pressure- like I had to like it the most, when I don't actually have a single favorite (and never want to wear the same thing daily). Anyway, take your time and see what you like. Try on all the different shapes. Figure out what speaks to you.

Gosh engagement rings ARE a ton of pressure, especially after botching it!

I really appreciate your candor. Everything you’ve said is super constructive. I also feel I’ve come a long way in a short period, and have the forum to thank for freely sharing knowledge. It’s helped give me a sense of what I think I like, now I need to go try stuff out with lower stakes attached! I’m really looking forward to the appointments I’ve set.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should go window shopping by yourself. There really is no need for your boyfriend to go. You need to go try on different rings, perhaps
buy a CZ version of a ring or two and wear them for a while, and then when you finally have put some thought into it let your boyfriend know
what you think.

Ask Jonathan about his upgrade policy too. I think he does have one if I remember correctly.

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
Definitely only buy an AVC from Jon. He is the creator of the stone and has the patent (although he may be renaming them). I think any near colorless stone will look so much whiter than an M, but I think I color is very safe and should not look yellow. I can start seeing some tint in some J color stones and lower. I would take some time looking through threads here to see many kinds of stones and settings, but I can see why you'd fall in love with AVCs!

In case you forgot about a recent thread from a few weeks ago that you commented on, the patent ownership is currently under litigation in a federal court. In all fairness to both companies involved and to avoid wrongful defamation, you might want to hold off expressing your personal comments regarding "rightful patent ownership" on this global platform until the outcome of the case has been determined.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you forgot about a recent thread from a few weeks ago that you commented on, the patent ownership is currently under litigation in a federal court. In all fairness to both companies involved and to avoid wrongful defamation, you might want to hold off expressing your personal comments regarding "rightful patent ownership" on this global platform until the outcome of the case has been determined.

Matt, I will always show support for Jonathan and his enthusiasm, creativity, and joy in serving others though his business. All I know is that the patents are in Jonathan's name, so until someone informs me of some change in that, he owns the patents. I also don't appreciate your threat, and hopefully people will see why I never would recommend Good Old Gold again. This is a consumer forum, and we have the right to express positive and negative feedback on businesses.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well - as far as AVCs go - interesting update (At least to me!)

I went to 4 different jewelry shops to try on different styles of rings and stones, focusing on cushions, then rounds. So - cushions really were not flattering on my hand in the 1-1.25 carat range. I’m pretty bummed as AVCs look GORGEOUS- but I don’t think it’s the right choice for me at this time.

it’s hard to compare MBs and OECs - but I really preferred the whiter stones and saw a huge difference between D/E & G... and liked the 1-1.25 carat range. They looked delicate and lovely. I also really liked three stones, and surprised myself - I really like a 1 carat round center with 0.25 carat pears! I never thought I’d like something like that.

I am going to look at OECs and AVRs online and plan on going to more stores. I definitely want a vintage cut - I am leaning towards OECs but will struggle to see anything in person, so may order something just to see it in person...TBD. I feel like getting warmer but not certain yet. Need to study videos!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well - as far as AVCs go - interesting update (At least to me!)

I went to 4 different jewelry shops to try on different styles of rings and stones, focusing on cushions, then rounds. So - cushions really were not flattering on my hand in the 1-1.25 carat range. I’m pretty bummed as AVCs look GORGEOUS- but I don’t think it’s the right choice for me at this time.

it’s hard to compare MBs and OECs - but I really preferred the whiter stones and saw a huge difference between D/E & G... and liked the 1-1.25 carat range. They looked delicate and lovely. I also really liked three stones, and surprised myself - I really like a 1 carat round center with 0.25 carat pears! I never thought I’d like something like that.

I am going to look at OECs and AVRs online and plan on going to more stores. I definitely want a vintage cut - I am leaning towards OECs but will struggle to see anything in person, so may order something just to see it in person...TBD. I feel like getting warmer but not certain yet. Need to study videos!

You are doing exactly the right thing! Size, color, shape...so many preferences to think about! I think what you saw today is that rounds often face up larger than some other cuts. So you are less likely to make a mistake once you narrow down these preferences!

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
Matt, I will always show support for Jonathan and his enthusiasm, creativity, and joy in serving others though his business. All I know is that the patents are in Jonathan's name, so until someone informs me of some change in that, he owns the patents. I also don't appreciate your threat, and hopefully people will see why I never would recommend Good Old Gold again. This is a consumer forum, and we have the right to express positive and negative feedback on businesses.

I had no intention to further comment on someone's thread, but for be clear (since it's important to those who might have misunderstood me), I'm not threatening you. When I say "defamation", I'm referring to a possible unfortunate reality a company might be currently experiencing on their end if several rumors that you've posted about them over the past few years turn out to be proven false. In all fairness, people should be allowed to defend accusations against them before harsh judgment is passed. Good Old Gold has stepped up to the plate and initiated action. They will further comment once the time is right.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no intention to further comment on someone's thread, but for be clear (since it's important to those who might have misunderstood me), I'm not threatening you. When I say "defamation", I'm referring to a possible unfortunate reality a company might be currently experiencing on their end if several rumors that you've posted about them over the past few years turn out to be proven false. In all fairness, people should be allowed to defend accusations against them before harsh judgment is passed. Good Old Gold has stepped up to the plate and initiated action. They will further comment once the time is right.

Several rumors I have posted??? I have no idea what you are talking about, and I have never knowingly posted anything untrue on this forum. You are only hurting yourself and your company by coming on here and confronting me. All I said above was the following, and I didn't say one single word about your company nor make any accusations.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
To keep this thread a bit lighter - I am fascinated and riveted by this OEC I found! I keep staring at videos....I am not sure what to call this faceting or if it is just "wow looks pretty" HAH - looks pretty floral to me - I just LOVE this facet pattern!!!

It is a crisp E color and looks pretty eye clean to me! It is a bit more than I planned on spending, so will keep poking around and having fun :)

1596165417736.png

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To keep this thread a bit lighter - I am fascinated and riveted by this OEC I found! I keep staring at videos....I am not sure what to call this faceting or if it is just "wow looks pretty" HAH - looks pretty floral to me - I just LOVE this facet pattern!!!

It is a crisp E color and looks pretty eye clean to me! It is a bit more than I planned on spending, so will keep poking around and having fun :)

1596165417736.png
To me this is the classic OEC flower and snowflake pattern and it's GORGEOUS. Definitely my favourite of the old cuts

joelly

Ideal_Rock

1596165417736.png

I know the vendor. Bought once from her. If you are local, go ahead and stop by. Seeing more than one options may help you a lot.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
And if you really need a higher color (DEF) and have a tight budget maybe even consider a lab grown. I love Jon’s AVRs. I’m just not a fan of the lab diamond material he has his lab growns cut out of (just a warning to do your research if you consider that route).

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
And if you really need a higher color (DEF) and have a tight budget maybe even consider a lab grown. I love Jon’s AVRs. I’m just not a fan of the lab diamond material he has his lab growns cut out of (just a warning to do your research if you consider that route).

The thought crossed my mind - but I do think I am not that excited about the idea of lab grown. At least not for an engagement ring...but something has to give. If it means I wait longer and save, maybe that’s the best option.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know the vendor. Bought once from her. If you are local, go ahead and stop by. Seeing more than one options may help you a lot.

I wish I was local! Otherwise I’d be there in a heartbeat! I might see if they can do side by side videos of different options

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am curious - how would a more "transitional" facet pattern like below compare to the "flowery / snowlake" pattern on the OEC? The stone below is O-P color (although positively LOVELY), so not for me, but was curious if anyone knew. I like both visually, but above all, want big pastel flashes and fire!

1596211306906.png

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Yowza the first one is soooo gorgeous!! Classic OEC flavor with a flowery facet in the middle...definitely one of my favorites! The transitional is also gorgeous; it becomes closer to the MRB cut. so you will still see "chunkier" flashes but less so than an OEC. You can see how it resembles the arrow patterns of the OEC. I would definitely ask the vendors for some videos, I think I know who it is and she is very nice :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I spent a lot of the morning looking at videos comparing them. I definitely see the difference now. I like trannies up close, but not so much their light play - they *don't* quite look like the "disco balls" I see with OECs.

So...

I got the GIA report of the first one - the E

https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2201993298&s=1596215696263

And a video of it live with a J next to it - the J is not a contender. It is too warm and it looks like it is going dark in the center

Any alarm bells? I think I am smitten! I need to see it person but there is a return policy if I not as enamored in person.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I saw that video on her IG posts and the one on the left floored me! I have a beautiful OEC, and that one even made me think damn, I need that!

Now seeing you post it and saying that it is the one you are considering, I say you have *got* to see it IRL because it is one in a million. And that's just the cut... the fact that it's an E... a genuine antique OEC in an E.... is, like, insane.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ok I saw that video on her IG posts and the one on the left floored me! I have a beautiful OEC, and that one even made me think damn, I need that!

Now seeing you post it and saying that it is the one you are considering, I say you have *got* to see it IRL because it is one in a million. And that's just the cut... the fact that it's an E... a genuine antique OEC in an E.... is, like, insane.

The one on the left is actually the J that am *not* considering - it does look pretty white, but it is still too warm.

Did you mean the one on the right? If not - that's totally okay!!! I am curious

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
The one on the left is actually the J that am *not* considering - it does look pretty white, but it is still too warm.

Did you mean the one on the right? If not - that's totally okay!!! I am curious

Oh wow I actually thought the one on the left was the E! I'm not color sensitive and I actually can't tell the difference between the two. I personally love the facet pattern of the one of the left, but the one on the right is also beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results