shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can't WAIT to see this. I've never seen a Tianyu antique oval before. I'm going to want one bad after this aren't I? ;)2
I’m pumped to see it, too! Your next project is gonna end up with ovals and French cuts. :lol:

Last edited:

Sezzwho

Rough_Rock
I neeeeed ovals. And French cuts lol. But until that happens I guess I have this to look forward to.
received_10157567972628712.jpeg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered my special step cut to put in the empty setting. Can't wait to see pics and a video of it.

@whitewave I am excited to see your ACC.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, here is the situation lol.

The stone is lovely. However, I am going to sell it for $300.00
7.5 x 7.5
2.2 F color
Antique cushion cut

Here are my issues. It’s official now, I am not an old cut person. In my mind, I keep expecting it to perform like a super ideal, MRB lol. That isn’t the stone, that is me. It looked so gorgeous last night in dimmer light. Just beautiful.

The second issue is a “mind clean” issue for me. I can’t overcome the IDEA that it is a sim. So I just don’t think it should set it and spend more money on it, when I like it but I don’t LOVE it.

Is anyone interested in a gently used/admired ACC?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awe bummer @whitewave but I can understand not liking the cut. It is not for everybody. Do you like the material and is it a good cut despite this?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awe bummer @whitewave but I can understand not liking the cut. It is not for everybody. Do you like the material and is it a good cut despite this?

The stone is really pretty. I wanted to bring it to wal Mart today lol since the lighting there is so good.

I was thinking maybe I shouldn’t sell it and set it in a silver setting, but I learned that if I don’t love it, I should pass it on to someone else.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think owning super ideals ruined me for everything else except my asscher.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ivy and Rose said their cheapest setting for it is $200 with an $89 setting fee. I’m going to sit on it tonight to be sure I want to sell it as opposed to setting it, and if it choose to sell, I will list on loupe troop Saturday or Sunday.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided for sure to sell it but I took it out one more time just now and it’s so white and pretty. The flashes are so pretty. So now I’m back to keeping it lol.

Idk. I’m not going to set it for a few months though, so I’ll keep it and work it out.

I may learn to love an old cut.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I decided for sure to sell it but I took it out one more time just now and it’s so white and pretty. The flashes are so pretty. So now I’m back to keeping it lol.

Idk. I’m not going to set it for a few months though, so I’ll keep it and work it out.

I may learn to love an old cut.
This is how I was with my OEC when I first got it - I thought it was beautiful but wasn’t sure it was me. It took me four months before I finally set it, and now I love it more than any cut I’ve seen. So you never know! But even if you ultimately decide it isn’t for you, it’s still a very lovely stone and I know you’ll be able to find someone who will want to give it a home. :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how I was with my OEC when I first got it - I thought it was beautiful but wasn’t sure it was me. It took me four months before I finally set it, and now I love it more than any cut I’ve seen. So you never know! But even if you ultimately decide it isn’t for you, it’s still a very lovely stone and I know you’ll be able to find someone who will want to give it a home. :kiss2:

Thanks!! I’m going to try the local guy on Monday as see how he would set it. I have to get a prong fixed on another ring anyway so....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
05443B83-7F21-4B8A-B566-6AE662457EE0.jpeg 13A4E93A-DFA7-436C-B9BA-F7C3CA869EB4.jpeg

My new OEC moissanite earrings are here and they are very pretty.

Omg they are perfect! Did you get them set by Tianyu as well? what is the size of the stones? the proportions look perfect

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sezzwho

Rough_Rock
I love those @DiaDiva :kiss2: Definitely need pics please!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_4120.jpg IMG_4125.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

The earrings are pretty comfortable. They are also quite well-made. If Tianyu didn't offer this customisation and setting service, I would not have bought any moissanites. Too much trouble and expense to set here.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4120.jpg IMG_4125.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

The earrings are pretty comfortable. They are also quite well-made. If Tianyu didn't offer this customisation and setting service, I would not have bought any moissanites. Too much trouble and expense to set here.

Oh hot damn! You have the perfect haircut for those!!! Love em.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
they look real nice @DiaDiva.
Yeah I agree setting in Sg is way too ex.
Do you mind sharing the size. it seems like the perfect size

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results