shape
carat
color
clarity

Bulgari Trauma! Help me decide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
IG, I''m so happy for you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Are you going to get the matching wedding band? I think they would be the perfect pair
18.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
"frogtastic"

That just made me giggle! Enjoy your ring...it''s unique and stately!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY IG!!!!! I love that ring, it has really grown on me a LOT since you got it and I was sooooo hoping you would keep it!

Can''t wait for handshots!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Marian: yes, I''m pretty sure we''ll get the matching wedding band, although the prices are SO INFLATED.
14.gif
There are three versions of the matching band, all very thin: plain platinum, plat with 5 diamonds set into the metal (like the etoile at Tiffany), and pave. I guess we''ll ask Bulgari to call them all in in my size and I''ll see which one I like best!

Thanks to everyone for good wishes! Glad the ring has grown on you, Neatfreak! I just wish everyone could see it in person.

We''re traveling to my father''s country on Friday for a big birthday bash, and FF will be meeting my siblings and my grandma for the first time. I assume he''ll take the opportunity to get my dad''s blessing. So, hopefully it won''t be TOO long. I''m ITCHING to show my grammy the ring in the meantime. She''s the only one who knows it''s been purchased (and is a good secret keeper). Maybe I''ll ask FF if we can take it to show her. It will make her happy and I love to make my grammy happy!
4.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you decided to keep it! I always liked it but didn''t want to sway your opinion so I''m glad to see you sorted it all out. Beautiful!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
well now you know we want some more handshots to tide us over. I like the comparision Irina did with the splash of water, that really illustrated the utter coolness & uniqueness of your setting.

Congrats IG....I am glad you had that lalalalallalalalala moment. :)

Diver

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad IG. Congrats.
36.gif

richipat

Rough_Rock
Well, I saw it in person and it is just lovely.
I like the part where it said to you that he wants to be your diamond. That is what happened to me. My stone said, take me, I''m yours.
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with this ring - it''s so unique!
30.gif
Bvlgari makes gorgeous stuff. It''s not for everyone, but it''s clear that this ring really speaks to you - GREAT!! I''m really happy for you!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful that you decided to keep your lovely ring! Enjoy every minute of wearing it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you decided to keep that ring and are happy with it!
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I appreciate that even those of you who really dislike the ring are sending good wishes. There are such kind wonderful and friendly people on PS.

I'm falling more and more in love with the ring. But today's the day I'll have to kiss it goodbye until I'm engaged.
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nothing amphibius about this baby--just stunning from the word go!
9.gif
Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon! Hey, got back from my trip passing through Calgary. Boy does your city look gorgeous from the air, nestled there in the hills just before the rockies suddenly go 'KABLOOM!' and erupt up toward the sky. Wowee. Nice digs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2007 1:13:30 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks Sharon! Hey, got back from my trip passing through Calgary. Boy does your city look gorgeous from the air, nestled there in the hills just before the rockies suddenly go ''KABLOOM!'' and erupt up toward the sky. Wowee. Nice digs.
HI:

Thanks IG! Next time, stick around and you can show me your gorgeous ring and I can show you "our" Rockies!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS IG!
21.gif
I''m so happy that you realized you really DO love the ring! And yes, when you know it''s "the one", it is alot like finding your man, isn''t it?? Anyway, I''m happy you love it and it''s cool that you keep seeing new things about the ring.

My vote for wbands would be either the 5-diamond band or the pave band - though not sure if the pave would rub against the ering too much. I say the two diamond bands because they might bring a little more femininity to the set? Just a thought. ENJOY!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Surfgirl!

When I first went in to Bulgari to see the ring before we ordered it, I couldn''t really tell which was best because the pave bands they had in stock were WAY too big for my hand. But if it looks nice, I''m totally gunning for more sparkle if we can afford it! And I agree that the thin pave band would feminize it. I think the rubbing issue would be ok because there''s no pave on the side. I asked the saleslady about stones falling out, etc. and she said they hadn''t had ANY pave problems that she had heard about in the past several years she''s been working there, and that everything is fully guaranteed in case something DID happen.

Can''t wait to go w-ring shopping now!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations IG! I too have been reading about your "quest" for a few weeks now.

One of my girlfriends has fallen in love with a Bulgari ring (in Oz) so I understand the agony of the "do I - don''t I" scenario. The $$$ they are asking is just too much though, she is now in the process of trying to find a jeweller who will be able to replicate the setting (and the setting is really what makes it unique)

I hope you are very happy with your engagement ring and look forward to hearing about (and seeing) the wedding band you choose...

Now just the waiting game until he proposes, eh?
2.gif

griffiam

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, IG! An independent gal should have a unique and special ring. I''m glad you found each other. (Hmmm, is she talking about the ring or the ff?) I still giggle when I think of the "froggy feets." It ain''t easy bein'' green sometimes, but it''s a good thing!

I hope you are reunited soon! I wish you every happiness!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
IG...I think your w-band needs a little bling to keep your center stone company, don't you? Our diamonds do enjoy their playmates
17.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
IG--I was visiting Houston Galleria and they have a Bulgari store. I was drawn like a moth to the flame! froggy feet were calling me! I had to see your ring in person. I was so amazed how much better it looked in person, and it felt so comfortable on my hand. You must get the wedding ring with a little bling to it. They fit so perfectly together, and it really enhanced the ring. They had several to try on, and the one I liked the best was .5 carats because the ring itself becomes much bigger as the diamond gets bigger, so the differences in sizes almost made it like there were completely different desiigns. I got a little hard bound book with the Bulgari designs in it including your ring. If you don''t have access to a Bulgari store and want it I''ll mail it to you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! You kept it... I was thinking of you... but kept forgetting to check this board!!!

I''m sorry you had to bid it bye bye for a while... but it will be wonderful when you get it again!!!!

YAY YAY YAY INDY!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Marian: I definitely think some ''little si-blings'' for the center stone would be only fair. And I guess I could help pay for the w-band!

HappyAnniversary: Isn''t it just SO MUCH nicer in person? I agree. This is the thinner version of the setting with a 3/4ish ct center. I agree that the thicker setting for a larger stone is really less nice.

And thanks again for the good wishes everyone.
9.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
So any idea when you''ll get it back? Tell him to hurry up. We need more pics.
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m 75% sure he asked my dad for his blessing when we visited this past week (just got back). They went for a coffee, and after they got back, a new bottle of fancy scotch was open with two empty glasses beside it. Now he has to ask my mom.

Funnily enough, I''m no longer feeling as hurried. Being around my 3x married dad and his 4x married new wife reminded me that slowing down a titch (not too much) and making sure we''ve talked EVERYTHING ''pre-engagementish'' through that we should in terms of finances, kids, religion, where to live, etc. (which I''m pretty sure we have...but what if we FORGOT something?!?) would be good, if only for my own peace of mind. I know I''m being a bit silly. But is there a such thing as being too prepared?

Just had a little freak-out, I guess!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 10:27:22 AM
Author: Independent Gal
I''m 75% sure he asked my dad for his blessing when we visited this past week (just got back). They went for a coffee, and after they got back, a new bottle of fancy scotch was open with two empty glasses beside it. Now he has to ask my mom.

Funnily enough, I''m no longer feeling as hurried. Being around my 3x married dad and his 4x married new wife reminded me that slowing down a titch (not too much) and making sure we''ve talked EVERYTHING ''pre-engagementish'' through that we should in terms of finances, kids, religion, where to live, etc. (which I''m pretty sure we have...but what if we FORGOT something?!?) would be good, if only for my own peace of mind. I know I''m being a bit silly. But is there a such thing as being too prepared?

Just had a little freak-out, I guess!
no, no such thing as too prepared!! When you walk down the aisle there should be no stone left unturned.... because life has a way of throwing new stones in your path anyway LOL I asked my (then future) dh all sorts of bizarre things..... "what would you do if I was on life support?" "what would you do if I weighed 500 pounds?" "what would you do if we ended up having 8 kids, or couldn''t get pregnant?" And the biggie - if you had to choose between me and your family, who would you choose? and a million more... some goofy, most serious... he was quizzed for weeks lol

and still things have come up, we have changed over the years, our answers aren''t the same, so you have to at least do the best you can before you commit. I''d put conflict resolution and being each other''s top priority over *everyone* and every thing else being #1 and #2 on the list.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
We have ordered some marriage preparation books. I think FF thinks this is a little cheesy, but who doesn''t like a little cheese! We are going to spend a couple of evenings curled up with a bottle of wine and the books, learn and enjoy. We are very good in the conflict resolution department! I think ''who comes first'' is a talk we still should have.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
The scotch sounds like a good sign to me! :) I''m so glad you decided this was the ring for you. I loved it from the first picture I saw. I am sure it looks even lovlier in person. Congrats, and I hope your wait isn''t too much longer...

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m ENGAGED! and this guy is now on my finger forever.

I''ll see if I can get new pics for y''all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results