shape
carat
color
clarity

Breakfast at Pearlmans - pics included

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
After several months of anticipation I was finally able to go and spend a couple of hours at Pearlmans. My sister-in-law and I were able to get away from family Holiday festivities and head to Battle Creek for a few hours. We arrived just after opening and were greeted with a big hello from Bill and his wife. I also got to meet his son the master chef who going to owe us a real breakfast next time we come
2.gif
. I had met Bill once before but for only a few minutes as we were passing through town. We were honestly there about 2 hours. Bill's showroom is just amazing. He gave us a tour and explained the long history of the store. For all you J stone owners out there, I must admit to always wondering how "white" a well cut J really was. Bill showed us a pair of J AGS000 studs (pic to follow) that were Gorgeous and are next on my wish list. We then looked at some other earrings from other desingers and I found a few other sets to add to my list too. Then we hit his bridal display. My sister in law used to work for a jeweler and was in shock at the sheer number of settings he has. Seriously, anyone within a couple of hours drive should really make the trip. His selection is unbeatable and there is absolutely NO pressure. Bill pulled out ring after ring for me to try on. Many of you know i have been all over the map in chosing a setting for my upgrade. original thread here. So, I have taken some pics of my favorites and you guys can weigh in on what you think. My SIL and Bill's wife shared their opionions too.

also, we just bought a new camera and i'm still leaning how to work it so I apologize for any blurry pics
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the J studs I was talking about
30.gif

pearlmansjstuds.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cathy Carmendy dangle earrings

pearlmanscathydangles.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michael B Riveria...This one had a 2 1/2 carat center..

pearlmansmichaelbriver1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sideview of the Michael B

pearlmansmichaelbriver2side.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of the Daniel K uternity band - 5 or 7 pointers, i can''t remember..

pearlmansdanielkunity1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so recently I've been leaning towards a Mark Morrell solitare about 3mm wide with an eternity band made up of 10 pointers. Here's an idea of how it would look on me..

ETA: wanted to make sure ya'll know the solitaire is not a MM, it just the same width as the MM i'd want...

pearlmanssolitaireidea2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more..

pearlmanssoitareidea1.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Stop MrsSalvo -- you''re killing me!
9.gif
I would love to visit Pearlman''s! Please please let us know what other settings you are looking at!

Is that the Michael B setting that is like $10K? WOW!
30.gif
Let me wipe the drool off the keyboard now...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe pebbles, yep the michael b is a lot of $$ but was absolutley perfect..it''s next on Mrs. Pearlmans wishlist
31.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
UMMMM, OMG. I want breakfast too!!! Those are beautiful pieces!!! And speaking of the upgrade......status report please!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, in my other thread I was really leaning toward the Daniel K split crown. The cushion in 1.5 carats ex/ex and the setting is just unbelievable. I am soooo picky when it comes to the tiny details i.e uneven prongs and the daniel k rings are PERFECT. you have to use a loupe to even see the prongs..

pearlmansdanielkcushion1.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I am drooollllllling
30.gif
I want it all!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

pearlmansdanielkcush2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
next view

pearldanielkcush3.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 9:38:18 AM
Author: mrssalvo
sideview of the Michael B
That thing is insane.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
side view-

pearldkside4.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one
1.gif

pearldksidetry5.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, what do you all think??? The classic solitaire or the Daniel K cushion??

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! That Daniel K set is awesome too! For me personally, (like this would ever happen in my lifetime!) I like the MM solitaire paired with the eternity band a little bit more than the Daniel K set (blasphemy, I know!)
30.gif
Your fingers are so tiny that both sets look absolutely gorgeous on you!

Which do YOU prefer?
31.gif

ETA: I posted my preference as you were putting up more pics of the Daniel K set. That's a really tough choice. Me personally, I would want an ideal cut round instead of a cushion....could an round be put in the Daniel K setting? I think that is why I was leaning toward the MM/eternity set. An rb in the Daniel K setting to me would be the best of both!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo you are killing me too! How fun and what some FANTASTIC pieces you have to choose from! Love that cushion
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I don’t know, I like the Daniel K, but the RB solitaire with eternity band is so classic and stunning. What a delightful quandary to have!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow--what an incredible selection just from the website, so I can''t even imagine how much fun the real store must have been! There is an Eli setting on Pearlman''s site with an oval set east/west that makes me want to get in the car right now and drive to Battle Creek!!! It would only be about 3-1/2 hours in good traffic; I could be up and back before my husband even expected me home from work. He''d never even know (except for that large chunk of $ missing out of our checking account... )

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My head and hands literally fell crashing to my desk. Literally. Literally. I''m I''m I''m I''m just a little woozy right now. That is to DIE for.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

I would go for the Daniel K. But I doubt you can go wrong with either of your choices. I suppose it all depends on what you like better. The Daniel K is a unique (uncommon setting) while the solitaire is a timeless classic. It looks like you had too much fun. Your fingers look tiny in the Daniel K eternity band by the way.
9.gif

I find the styles TOTALLY different, so it all depends on what suits your lifestyle/ tastes better

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
That is such a tough choice! Mark Morell does such beautiful work (from the pics I''ve seen on his website) and that look is really classic. I also love the idea of the Daniel K with a round stone, it does have that "wow" factor to it. I guess it just depends on which one really made you more excited, and which one you think you''ll love forever (or until the next upgrade) :) Thanks for the pics! I love Pearlman''s website...I would love to go sometime, but it is a bit of a trip from Minnesota!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
You know how I love an ideal RB. I have to say, however, I love that Daniel K cushion on your hand. It seems as if it belongs there. Just my .02.

shay

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I really thought I was going to vote for the Daniel K, but I really prefer the MM on your hand! You have such tiny fingers, the Daniel K looks like too much for them IMO. But the eternity band with the MM...Yum!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
What are the specs on those J studs you posted? Carat size? clarity? They look pretty! And I vote for the MM setting. Very classy and elegant on your pretty hand . . .

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Mrssalvo! Glad you had a nice visit - it is an incredible place isn''t it? I tried on that Daniel K as well when I was there, and it is stunning, although like you I''m not sure it''s "me" (and I know it''s not my pocketbook!).
2.gif

I am planning on making a trip out there next week myself... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results