shape
carat
color
clarity

BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lostdog

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you could just go there for a big weekend and see what sort of stone shakes out?

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
My husband will love that! I guess i took leave of my senses. All of those "thar''s diamuns in them thar streets" reports got to me for a sec. I''m from California, I should know from tales of the glittering coast.

ROFL!
9.gif
10.gif
My prospectin'' days are officially done.(not that I could fit into my ol '' mining gear anyways.) Maybe one day, I''ll try panning in the sewers for loose diamonds there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Othhibo sure has alot of anger against PS!!! It's so interesting. I never view PS as anything more than a bunch of people blabbing and answering questions about JEWELRY and DIAMONDS. Which I adore.
30.gif

People like to place labels on what other people consider fun or special, especially if it does not float their boat...but the bottom line is if you don't like it...don't play. And certainly, please don't post! Just move on with your life instead of trying to push down others and ruin what fun people may have. There are specialty forums for all types of things, pets, health, jobs, TV shows, fashion,...the fact that there is a diamond forum is actually pretty sweet and IMO it's a world apart from reality. I don't know one person in my regular life who gets as excited about a 40x mag diamond picture or crown angles or a beautiful arrows pattern other than PS people. Kindred spirits.

If I have a cold rainy Saturday and I'm stuck in the house, taking 100 pictures of the ring could constitute GREAT FUN. I am not ashamed to admit it! It doesn't mean I'm shallow or I 'sleep better at night' (?!?) because I have 100 pictures of my ring...it was just FUN that livened up a dreary day. You can only watch so much TiVo.
31.gif

Lastly, the whole bigger diamond equals shallow is so untrue. I don't think bigger diamonds equals love or anything but ...a bigger diamond! Everyone is going to have their own weakness on what they spend money on. Purses, clothes, books, electronics, cars...what is so wrong with diamonds and sparklies?? I highly doubt just upgrading your diamond = shallow and heartless. Could it just be something that you value more than a purse, car, electronic item or anything else that other people spend money on? Again, the judgemental thing! So negative.

I'm sorry you had this dramatic PS experience, but don't throw away the baby with the bathwater...honestly. And if you really can't get over the fact that you hate PS and whatever horrible things you think it stands for...please keep away.

Now I am off to check out otthibo's posting history since I am very curious about the big drama that turned PS into the evil den of shallow iniquity.
31.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2005 8:35:42 PM
Author: Mara

Now I am off to check out otthibo''s posting history since I am very curious about the big drama that turned PS into the evil den of shallow iniquity.
31.gif
Oh Mara! Eloquent as always! and...I did the same and couldn''t figure out the drama!?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
remember girls,diamonds isn''t everything is teh ONLY thing....so go ahead and brag all you want.
36.gif
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2005 9:29:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
remember girls,diamonds isn''t everything is teh ONLY thing....so go ahead and brag all you want.
36.gif
36.gif
Now, now... this is a family place!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a family place eh? i thought that was slang for........oh never mind......
let's keep it clean here!
2.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm...well, all I can say is....everyone has their guilty pleasure. Maybe one person does not understand the diamond obsession or the desire to own a large sparkly rock, but surely that person indulges in other things that I may not personally find interesting or worth spending money on. Different strokes for different folks :)

The whining personally sounds like sour grapes to me. I do not have a 2+ carat ring, so one of the reasons I come to PS is to drool at all of the fabulous sparklies that I don't get to see on a normal basis. I love to see women proudly display their gigantic rocks because I think that they are gorgeous. I also love to see women proudly display their <1carat rings because I think that they are gorgeous too. I think that some people are internalizing a little much and taking things a bit too seriously. Most Psers come here because it's fun to look at people's rings and hear their stories...that's all. It may sound harsh, but I think it's the insecure people that are bothered by all the diamond talk....sounds like there's a bit of jealousy going on here...

And come on....it's a SITE ABOUT DIAMONDS! What the heck do ya think people here are gonna talk about???!!! If you have enough experince on here, you will see that there is something for everyone, and most everybody is very supportive of each other and their personal tastes. People post here cause they know that there are others that are sypmpathetic to their love of diamonds and will lend a supportive ear, no matter what their discussion topic may be (diamond education, upgrading, resetting, complimenting-yes, we PSers do compliment others...it's not all about us, or even...gasp!...bragging) So, if you aren't willing to listen and lend a supporting ear, then it's pretty simple....

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
here's my sweet sweet sweet baby's rings (brownie points).yep and they do sparkle everytime we're riding in the car. she's always looking at them trying to find the right angle to make them shine we even sit in the car holding up our hands trying to see who's shine the best. she always wins of course. hey even when i'm under the right light i like people to see how my ring shines. its like "dude your ring is awesome"
But obviously it is not about the size, color, clarity or any of that stuff, it all matters in a way..but in the grand scale of things, the most important thing is my sweet sweet baby (I'm racking up with the points)
emotion-5.gif
12.gif
12.gif
4.gif

sweet (2).JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2005 9:40
6.gif
4 PM
Author: ForteKitty

Date: 3/7/2005 9:29:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
36.gif
36.gif
2.gif
FK
this use to be a rated PG site..you''re a different breed of chinese girls....LOL

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Mara! I did the same thing!

The interesting part is, ootthibo once wrote that 1.5 carats is good for her and she'll upgrade once she's out of school.
That was before she got engaged, and I'm sure whatever size she received is perfect & the stone is beautiful...
So why all the hate & venom?

So... in her earlier posts (pre-engagement) she wrote that she would want to upgrade from 1.5 carats!
And she calls the rest of us shallow and superficial. Hmmm...
20.gif

I think it's sour grapes. Otherwise, why the hypocrisy?

I'm sure she'll now delete her post that I'm referring to. All I'm saying is, let's be respectful.
Don't slam others and try that hard to make them feel badly for their engagement rings. That's just not right.

Also, go Terps! I've got nothin' but love for you, OOTHIBO. Just want to say, don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Well...call me shallow! I took a BAZILLION pictures of my ring outside in direct sunlight, sunlight peaking through the window, under the lights in the kitchen, dining room, bathroom, etc., etc., etc...

For crying out loud...it's a DIAMOND! My h2b's feelings would have been hurt if I didn't feel and show a sense of pride over it. I mean..it wasn't a cheap piece of plastic out of a gumball machine. What is so wrong with loving your diamond? It's YOUR diamond! And who cares how big or small it is. It isn't always the size of it that makes me swoon. My mother had a chip of a diamond (and I mean CHIP) and I could see the light bounce off that little tiny stone more than an acre away. Not even joking! It's hypnotic the way it throws it's colors and light around. You can't help but get drawn into it.

And on another note...
What really bugs me is when someone has a hissy fit over something like this. They must have been interested in the first place or they wouldn't have clicked the link for the post. Either that or they just like being negative.

It's Pricescope. The place for all things diamond (and a few other things as well
2.gif
). That's why we all came here in the first place. Now we're all here because we've become familiar with each other. We talk about our families, our ups and our downs. We love showing the beauties we've found and been given as well as looking at the beauties someone else has found and been given. And when someone wants to upgrade...more power to them!

Keep braggin'!!!!!
16.gif

Edited: by the way, SweetPinksHubby......
4.gif
4.gif
Oooooooo...I like! Very pretty!
36.gif
36.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
In Ooth''s defense...I do understand a little where she is coming from. My BF hates this site because:
1) I think I am actually more depressed after I leave this site. The rings you see here are not the majority of the average that''s for sure. In Canada at least you will be lucky to see a 2 carat in a STORE!
2) In all honesty, I am a little jealous. My BF could never afford the kind of money these people have. Does it mean I am loved less? Of course not, but I will ALWAYS long for the huge rock even though I will probably never get it.
3) If you replaced the diamonds with cars or entertainment centres and put it on a guys site...it would be the same thing. Everyone comes here because they enjoy seeing how the "other half lives". I personally would never wear a ring over 2 carats because I think it''s gawdy...but that doesn''t mean I am not happy for the lady that owns the 3 carat. They are diamonds afterall...and a true admirer can appreciate and see the beauty in every one of them! Sometimes the angst and hatred can be overwhelming! I showed my sister this site and it nearly gave her a breakdown! I mean...some ladies are talking about their little 2 carats and how they long for an upgrade! THAT IS AN UPGRADE!!! When all is said and done, I am jealous of some of your jewels....but nothing and I mean nothing is a substitute for happiness. Wear them well:))

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
WELL SAID JULIAN.

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
PScope should not make anyone depressed....
39.gif

I found that the best part of this site was learning from other people about diamonds, sharing opinions, stories and jokes. I lurked for a while until I saw a thread about Didiamond...who has a very beautiful collection, that I'm sure is quite exspensive...but this lady was down to earth and sweet and I found that so is everyone else here( mostly) no matter what size diamond they have. As I learned more and read more...I realized that some women didn't even have diamonds when they got married..they had to wait years to get an upgrade and so if they wear a 2-3 ct diamond ..I think they deserve it!!! I think that if someone that you have a love and respect for takes the time out to buy you anything..it is a beautiful sentimental thing. No diamond symbolizes love, but it does serve as a reminder of a sacred commitment. So no one should feel bad, intimidated or depressed about what they have. We all have a dream car, house, job, boat,TV...whatever.There is nothing wrong with looking and wishing..that's the nature of man..to always want more. But true wisdom is mastering the art of satisfaction. Does that mean that one day I won't want more? of course not...but I am happy ! happy! happy! So I am going to keep on watching the sun glare in my diamonds and relish in everyones happiness here too
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
soulsis...nothing about your post and how you felt was offensive--it really is all about the *delivery* of the opinion. not to mention there were no inflammatory words such as 'shallow' and 'crazy women'...
40.gif

I don't think that PS is necessarily 'how the other half lives'...there are lots of different types of people on here, and yes there are the ones with the 3 and 4c rocks or bigger, but for the most part there are many people from various walks of life..small diamond lovers, big diamond lovers, those just starting out, those who have been at it for a while (life I mean).

When we first came to PS it was for advice on diamonds, PS was very different back then, smaller and quieter and it did not have all these other 'arms' of forums like the LIW area and the Family/Health etc. It was JUST RockyTalky. I stayed to learn from the experts and help other newbies, and yes to look at some bling in the process.

PS is a fun diversion from regular everyday life. When it stops being fun, that is when to stop participating...what is the point otherwise you know??

Oh and to add about looking into the otth drama in previous posts..I have a feeling from reading a few threads and her terminology' freak coincidence' that almost ruined a friendship...that maybe someone she was discussing on PS actually turned out to be a lurker or a poster? She was talking about her best friend getting engaged so close to her and the drama that could produce in a previous thread--so who knows?? Maybe her friend was a PScoper!

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Mara,
Although I am not really interested in the why and the how about otth''s resentment. I couldn''t agree more..when it stops getting fun..it''s definitely time to find something else to do.

Soulsis: Also I think there is really no such thing as "the other half "here. Because there are so many different people that post so many different pieces both big and small...check out the under 1ct thread and you''ll see what I mean
21.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
SP,

You''re lucky that your dh is so enthusiastic about your rings! My dh is mildly interested to amused at best.
37.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Ha, I think he is more interested in looking at them, than actually buying them..go figure. In all honesty he is the type of guy that likes to know "things". You know those people that just know alot and you wonder to yourself...why..what's the point. Well he lets me drag him with me to stores and stuff because then, he can show people exactly how much he knows...I think he also knows I get a kick out of watching him do it.

Besides the mans got an appreciation for pretty things
28.gif
31.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
By the way..Kaylagee..I saw your Roval and I love it
30.gif
...you have earned bragging rights.
So what are you doing with your round brilliant? I''m willing to pay shipping and handling to NYC if you want me to babysit it.
12.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2005 1:51:24 PM
Author: SweetPink
Ha, I think he is more interested in looking at them, than actually buying them..go figure. In all honesty he is the type of guy that likes to know ''things''. You know those people that just know alot and you wonder to yourself...why..what''s the point. Well he lets me drag him with me to stores and stuff because then, he can show people exactly how much he knows...I think he also knows I get a kick out of watching him do it.

Besides the mans got an appreciation for pretty things
28.gif
31.gif
Sweetpinkshubby has an excellent eye and not just for diamonds!

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
While I completely agree with what ootthibo has to say, I have to come to the defense of the great people on pricescope that I''ve encountered. When I I expressed my dissapointment at the fact that my e-ring was of low quality, I got an unbeleiveably supportive and kind response, and it was not in any way superficial. Actually everyone encouraged me to love my ring for what it meant instead of dwelling on the fact the quality of the center stone was less than desireable. So I have to say that everyoneI have encountered on this forum is very nice and I havent gotten the sense that people dote over jewelery and diamonds for materialistic reasons, but more for a love of beauty. I have witnessed the materialism and things such as jealousy that oothibo refers to outside of this forum more thatn I have within it. The general vibe of pricesope is a positive one, but I can see how it can be misconstrued as a negative one.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2005 2
6.gif
6.gif
0 PM
Author: SweetPink
By the way..Kaylagee..I saw your Roval and I love it
30.gif
...you have earned bragging rights.

So what are you doing with your round brilliant? I''m willing to pay shipping and handling to NYC if you want me to babysit it.
12.gif

Thanks so much SweetP!! I''ve even been wearing it to sleep some nights! I''m trying to enjoy it as much as possible before I start swelling and have to put it away.

LOL!  My 1ct. rb is still in the six-prong w/ring guard. I might leave it in the safe deposit for my kids. I''ve also been considering another setting like Treysar''s halo ring(which I adore!), but really, I''m toast for now(my husband would commit me!). So, that would be waaay in the future. Maybe I''ll leave it as is & by the time DS(who''ll be 2yrs. in July) and D? are marrying age, the 1950s style might be all the rage. I guess who ever gets engaged first will get the one carat and the other will get the .30.

Or maybe I''ll have my EC skating rink/swimming pool
30.gif
and pass the roval on. Yes, I''m a dreamer!
41.gif
PS really helps my visualization exercises!
37.gif
9.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2005 11:38:38 AM
Author: websailor
TOOT-TOOT!!!

LOL i almost spit my sprite all over my monitor! TOOT TOOT!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! It''s good that you didn''t - there are enough sparkles in all the diamonds already! No need to add Sprite sparkles to your monitor!
9.gif

loveumms

Rough_Rock

Hello everyone … I was banned from the site right after the I posted the last time as ootthibo and was not able to get access until now (I couldn’t even get onto the forum sites).

Anyway, I am sorry if I offended some of you on this site. I was still hurt about the whole “she stole my thunder” post (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-stole-my-thunder.21154/) and I did stereotype a little too much. I still don’t know if it was my friend from school who started that post or not. We have patched things up and I do want to believe it wasn’t her however, there will always be that tinge of doubt in the back of my mind especially since my fiancé later told me that he did infact call her boyfriend the night before that post showed up. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not … one will never know.

The day when I posted my reply on the “bragging rights” forum I came across a few posts that had people whining a little too much about the size of their diamonds. Granted, there are some on this forum who totally need some psychiatric help but, those are few. Many of you are wonderful and really do give informative advice. It’s also a great place for support and discussion.

I noticed someone went through all my posts and found the one about me saying that I will get the bigger diamond later when we both finish school. I actually meant that I hope to get the three stone once we are married and have kids (I tell my fiancé that the three stone can be his gift to me once I have kids … haha … I bear his children, he gives me jewelry). I think a 1.5 ct is plenty big enough for me.

OK … well hopefully my apology is accepted and there are no hard feelings.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2005 5:47:17 PM
Author: loveumms

OK … well hopefully my apology is accepted and there are no hard feelings.
You made this an interesting thread... and that is good.

I would find it way weird if someone flaunted their jewelry in real life anywhere close to the 'Show me the ring' model. For some reason, Pricescope makes that feel good. The bragging invites joining in - or at least it did for me. Otherwise there would be nothing to do with my interest in these things anyway. At least the forum allows for conversation that outside such purpose-built environment would sound way too frivolous.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results