shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a lab pink diamond ring from New World Diamonds

bennypig

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a 0.71 ct fancy intense VS clarity pink diamond from New World Diamonds and chose a setting to come with it from them. The price is very friendly and the ring is super nice! The diamond comes with a physical GIA report from 2016, which I thought should be very rare now as in recent years GIA didn't make lab grown diamond reports much according to some threads I saw discussing it.

I am very satisfied with the quality. The pink color is just great that it is not too orangish, brownish or purplish. The ring is very brilliant even in indoor lighting. My GF loves it sooooo much!

I thought there is so few people here discussing New World Diamonds and lab grown pink diamonds so I am posting some here :). I also included a Youtube Video so your can see it sparkling! Feel free to ask me any question about the ring or my experience in buying from NWD.

PXL_20210112_042324678.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20210116_031728636.jpg PXL_20210116_094122058.jpg PXL_20210116_065938646.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I love the pink color and the beautiful setting. Can you share a copy of the GIA report? I too haven't seen many GIA reports for lab diamonds.

bennypig

Rough_Rock
It is gorgeous! I love the pink color and the beautiful setting. Can you share a copy of the GIA report? I too haven't seen many GIA reports for lab diamonds.

I hid the number as I don't know if it is appropriate to public the number of a diamond I bought.

The GIA report for lab diamonds is obviously worse than those of natural diamonds back in the days. It contains much less information like sub-grade of clarity and the detailed proportion of the stone.

Attachments

• GIA report.PNG
    GIA report.PNG
    787.9 KB · Views: 85

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great on you thanks for sharing!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely colour! Congratulations! Looks beautiful on you!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing, this is super helpful!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, thank you for this. I’ve been wondering how their pink is.

the ring is gorgeous!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful, thanks for sharing!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
A very nice hue of pink! I'm wary of lab pinks but you found a nice one :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a really pretty ring! Love the tone of the pink diamond.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I recently bought a 0.71 ct fancy intense VS clarity pink diamond from New World Diamonds and chose a setting to come with it from them. The price is very friendly and the ring is super nice! The diamond comes with a physical GIA report from 2016, which I thought should be very rare now as in recent years GIA didn't make lab grown diamond reports much according to some threads I saw discussing it.

I am very satisfied with the quality. The pink color is just great that it is not too orangish, brownish or purplish. The ring is very brilliant even in indoor lighting. My GF loves it sooooo much!

I thought there is so few people here discussing New World Diamonds and lab grown pink diamonds so I am posting some here :). I also included a Youtube Video so your can see it sparkling! Feel free to ask me any question about the ring or my experience in buying from NWD.

PXL_20210112_042324678.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20210116_031728636.jpg PXL_20210116_094122058.jpg PXL_20210116_065938646.jpg

beautiful! which ring settings did u choose...I am thinking of getting one too!

bennypig

Rough_Rock
beautiful! which ring settings did u choose...I am thinking of getting one too!

It is sku number 454105. You could find it by searching for this number!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really really pretty!

bennypig

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Is the color very intense n saturated? I brought a pink diamond in lightbox.. But returned it since the pink looks too fake n saturated.

Not at all! The color is indeed more saturated than those natural fancy/light pink diamond if you have a chance to see those IRL, but it is not too saturated to seem fake. It is much lighter when the environment is bright or under sunlight, which looks like the first photo on my original thread. I don't have photos under sunlight now but here is another photo with my another lab pink sapphire in our bedroom.
IMG_4637.jpg

However before you buy from them you have to ask them for more photos as there are many stones listed I think which would be too saturated or deep! I suggest you look for those "fancy intense" first.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
@bennypig , what do you think of this color? https://streamable.com/3xe9lo

This color, Fancy Intense Pink, has a strong blue fluorescence. :( I worry how it will affect the color.

Tina is not exactly very helpful, since she keeps directing me back to the videos, photos on the website, i,e I couldn't get any additional photos on the color other than what were listed in the website. She also ignored my question on the strong blue fluorescence effect on the pink. :((

bennypig

Rough_Rock
@bennypig , what do you think of this color? https://streamable.com/3xe9lo

This color, Fancy Intense Pink, has a strong blue fluorescence. :( I worry how it will affect the color.

Tina is not exactly very helpful, since she keeps directing me back to the videos, photos on the website, i,e I couldn't get any additional photos on the color other than what were listed in the website. She also ignored my question on the strong blue fluorescence effect on the pink. :((

Is this the 0.87ct one? I also considered it but it costs too much for my budget. When I asked Tina for more photos she gave me some and even videos if I requested them, but the quality of the photos and videos is bad tho. It is weird she didn't give you any of them.

Attached is the photos she gave me. The left two is fancy vivid and the second from the right is the one I bought and the rightmost one is the 0.87ct one.

I don't know much about the fluorescence however. I think you should ask her again. Maybe she missed your question.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 66

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
wow thanks! yes u got me. the pink you have purchased is very close to what I am looking at!

Is the vivid color ones out of your budget too? Or you prefer this shade of pink?

bennypig

Rough_Rock
wow thanks! yes u got me. the pink you have purchased is very close to what I am looking at!

Is the vivid color ones out of your budget too? Or you prefer this shade of pink?

Those two are over 1ct and they cost over 3000usd. And I think their colour is so saturated that it seems fake. But in the same colour name grade they can shows different colours. There may be some fancy vivid ones but not too saturated.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Just bought a pendant with natural faint/very light pink melee diamonds forming a heart shape. This photo can be for reference.

PXL_20210202_115558235.NIGHT.jpg

Did u purchase the heart from new world diamonds too? Very pretty!

bennypig

Rough_Rock
Did u purchase the heart from new world diamonds too? Very pretty!

I bought it from a local online shop! They are natural diamonds but they are melee and very small, the pink colour is also very faint so it costs only about 400usd

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the 0.87ct one? I also considered it but it costs too much for my budget. When I asked Tina for more photos she gave me some and even videos if I requested them, but the quality of the photos and videos is bad tho. It is weird she didn't give you any of them.

Attached is the photos she gave me. The left two is fancy vivid and the second from the right is the one I bought and the rightmost one is the 0.87ct one.

I don't know much about the fluorescence however. I think you should ask her again. Maybe she missed your question.

@bennypig

Many thanks for your help! With your inputs and sharing of the wonderful photos and videos, I have purchased the 0.87c!

As it is my first purchase from NWD, I only ordered the loose diamond, and will get a local jeweler to set it for me.

Since my purchase at Lightbox was a huge disappointment... I am keeping my fingers crossed for this.

Will share the photos once I received my order!

bennypig

Rough_Rock
@bennypig

Many thanks for your help! With your inputs and sharing of the wonderful photos and videos, I have purchased the 0.87c!

As it is my first purchase from NWD, I only ordered the loose diamond, and will get a local jeweler to set it for me.

Since my purchase at Lightbox was a huge disappointment... I am keeping my fingers crossed for this.

Will share the photos once I received my order!

I am looking forward to seeing the photos!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing this beautiful stone and ring! The warmth in this pink diamond makes it look natural and a beautiful blush shade. Any more and it might look orangey like the more saturated ones in the photo or brownish. I’m sure La2020’s will be gorgeous too.

Oh and the heart pendant is amazing too! You have a great eye to able to match the shades online. I’ve only tried to do this once (to buy a matching sapphire for one I had) and failed miserably.

Thankyou for sharing your experiences! I'm always happy to learn more about newer vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results