shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston area GTG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 10:18:36 AM
Author: nytemist
Geez, how did I miss this?

I should be able to do the 29th. I haven''t spent time in Portsmouth in a long time, but should be able to find my way around. It would cool to officially meet people... I should recognize Alj after the random suprise meeting at Sylvan!
9.gif

That''s so funny that you ran into each other. Who recognized who?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I''m coming all the way from Providence. I wonder though if there is a train I can take or if anyone from the Providence area wants to car pool? I believe as Alj said it''s about a 2hr ride by car.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 5:55:03 PM
Author: Selkie
Alj, good point about the tolls. There is a train from Boston to Newburyport, also.
How about this. Those who are pretty sure they will come, where are you coming from, and do you have a preference?

I'm coming from northeast MA, and am closer to Newburyport (20 minutes vs. 45 to P-mouth), but don't really care either way.

Nebe, if I recall you live somewhere near Springfield? You'd take the Mass Pike to 495 north to 95, and either go south a bit to Newburyport or north to Portsmouth. When we figure it out, we can put up more detailed directions.
And yikes.....yeah. for those who live west of 93, it'll be at least a 40 min ride just to get to Newburyport, and then another 25 more or so to Portsmouth? If Nebe is coming from Springfield, MA, then she's a little over 2 hours just to Newburyport, and closer to 2.5 to Portsmouth.

As I said, I'll do either.....but in looking at the geography of where folks are coming from, I honestly think Newburyport is much more central for everyone. And yeah, the commuter train does hit Newburyport, too - there's a pretty big park & ride in Newburyport, and I'd be happy to pick up anyone who would want to use the commuter rail.

I found what looks to be a really great lunch option - posted the link above. 10 Center Street in downtown Newburyport. There are quite a few little gift-y type shops in Newburyport, too, and I think at least a couple of small jewelry stores.
9.gif

So, let me lob a suggestion out there and see if it works for everyone? How about lunch at 1 pm in Newburyport?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 5:57:19 PM

Date: 11/27/2007 10:18:36 AM
Author: nytemist
Geez, how did I miss this?

I should be able to do the 29th. I haven''t spent time in Portsmouth in a long time, but should be able to find my way around. It would cool to officially meet people... I should recognize Alj after the random suprise meeting at Sylvan!
9.gif

That''s so funny that you ran into each other. Who recognized who?
HA - this was hysterical!

I was sitting at a table with a coworker on a friday night, and she got up to use the bathroom. I''m looking around, and I saw the back of NYT''s head, but it wasn''t actually her I recognized....it was her husband! He has a pretty distinctive look, and I saw him and thought ''gee, I know that guy....hmmm", and I realized who it was. So I then realized, of course, who NYT was with him!

I think I scared her initially in walking over to introduce myself....lol

That was truly weird - was the first time I''ve ever unintentionally just run into someone from PS.
9.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked the train for me would not get in until 2:30pm so I will be driving for sure! Therefor 1pm is perfect as I can get a couple of hours of sleep before I head out.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
KT - I was going to suggest that you can meet up with me at my place, and I''ll do the driving from there.
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
omigod, Ten Center Street is awesome! That''s where we took my parents for their 40th anniversary dinner last summer. Sumbride and her husband were with us too, coincidentally. The pub part is nice and cozy, and would be a good part for a biggish group.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that Newburyport is the best option. Portsmouth is just too far away for some people, and there''s no commuter rail stop there either. Ten Center Street sounds yummy! Meeting at 1:00 works for me. We have tentative plans in the evening but I should be able to make it home in plenty of time.

Yay! This will be fun!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
So, should I put this in my calendar?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like I'ma be a drivin' foo'!
3.gif
2.gif

wait... are we talking Thursday November 29th or Saturday December 29th?
33.gif
Cause... there's a big difference for me. My car is still in the shop in pieces from the accident and the fact I have class on Thursdays so I would NOT be making a November GTG.
39.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yep, December 29th! I hope you can make it. This is shaping up to be a nice-sized GTG!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 8:03:24 PM
Author: nebe
Looks like I''ma be a drivin'' foo''!
3.gif
2.gif

wait... are we talking Thursday November 29th or Saturday December 29th?

Yeah, sure, give me a heart attack! I never considered the possibility that we were talking about November!

I''m glad we clarified the date!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
BTW, what are we expected to bring?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''d have a hard time making it to MA from SoCal in the next 24 hours!
4.gif

No expectations...bring yourself, and if you feel like showing off any gorgeous jewelry, that too! I''m bringing a camera because I know wherever there''s a PS GTG, there''s gotta be some BLING shots.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 8:33:21 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
BTW, what are we expected to bring?
UMMMMM EVERYTHING!!!

TOTAL BLING FEST!!!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 8:41:11 PM
4.gif

No expectations...bring yourself, and if you feel like showing off any gorgeous jewelry, that too! I''m bringing a camera because I know wherever there''s a PS GTG, there''s gotta be some BLING shots.
Selkie your too kind not like my loud mouth everything comment. You know we all want to see everyone awesome bling.
But yet I do agree bring only what you are comfortable with as long as you just show up!
We are going to have a great time for sure.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I'M COMING TO SEE THE BLING!!!! How could you NOT bring it?!?!?!

DB, I want to see your 6ct honker!!!!!

All I have to bring is my RHR, my Tag and some little bitty earrings.
40.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:13:12 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Date: 11/27/2007 8:41:11 PM

4.gif

Selkie your too kind not like my loud mouth everything comment. You know we all want to see everyone awesome bling.

But yet I do agree bring only what you are comfortable with as long as you just show up!

We are going to have a great time for sure.
3.gif
Heee, yeah, I was going for the subtle approach...

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The photos from the San Francisco GTGs blow me away every time. It makes me feel like they should be held inside a Brinks truck!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:21:07 PM
I''M COMING TO SEE THE BLING!!!! How could you NOT bring it?!?!?!

All I have to bring is my RHR, my Tag and some little bitty earrings.
40.gif

Nebe, I had NADA in the way of jewelry at the first LA GTG I went to...it''s a great way to get ideas, that''s for sure!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:21:07 PM

Which one?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Both! And any extras you have been holdiing out on us!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:44:47 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Both! And any extras you have been holdiing out on us!

LOL! I'll have to bring my bodyguard! How about pics of the rest?
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
BTW, how are we going to work this since we can''t communicate except publicly on PS? Are we just going to meet at the restaurant at a particular time and if there is an issue [being late or whatever] we can call there to let the others know? I have not done this before.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:50:01 PM
BTW, how are we going to work this since we can''t communicate except publicly on PS? Are we just going to meet at the restaurant at a particular time and if there is an issue [being late or whatever] we can call there to let the others know? I have not done this before.
Well, let''s manage it this way.

If everyone is good for Saturday, December 29th at 1 PM at Ten Center street, that''ll be the plan. Once I get a final count, I''ll book a ressie under Ms. Diamond.
31.gif

If you''re going to be late, you can call the restaurant (I''ll post the restaurant phone # in this thread as as we get closer to the date) and have them tell the table.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
So, let''s get an idea who''s tentatively coming right as of now:

ZoeB
Selkie
DiamanteBlu
KtIceRN
Aljdewey
Hudson Hawk
Nytemist
Mercoledi
Nebe

Possibly NELady
Possibly Sap483

Feel free to add on to the list, ladies......

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 10:08:49 PM
Author: aljdewey
Date: 11/27/2007 9:50:01 PM

Well, let''s manage it this way.

If everyone is good for Saturday, December 29th at 1 PM at Ten Center street, that''ll be the plan. Once I get a final count, I''ll book a ressie under Ms. Diamond.
31.gif

If you''re going to be late, you can call the restaurant (I''ll post the restaurant phone # in this thread as as we get closer to the date) and have them tell the table.

Works for me. BTW, this is 2 days before my "39th" birthday. I think I''ll plan on some champagne to celebrate if that is ok?!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
DB, I want to see all the sparklies you''re willing to bring!!
And Selkie, I''m the same way. Those tiny little fingers with ALLLLL those diamonds from SF, my GOD!

I''m bringing my friend Sarah too, she''s very much into jewelry but she''s not a PSer.
9.gif
YAY, I''m so excited!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results