shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston area GTG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would anyone in the MA area be interested in getting together sometime around the holidays? Selkie and I are up for a GTG and I thought I''d spread the word. I know it''s a busy time of year for everyone, but hopefully we can figure something out.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Selkie just suggested (in BWW) maybe meeting in Portsmouth or Newburyport for some shopping. Great ideas! It''s a little quieter than Boston, which could be nice. I''m still up for anything though.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww I wish I was going home this x-mas! I would totally love to meet up with you guys. I guess there is still a **chance** that DH and I will go visit my parents, but it''s not likely.
7.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 11:42:05 PM
Author: neatfreak
Awwww I wish I was going home this x-mas! I would totally love to meet up with you guys. I guess there is still a **chance** that DH and I will go visit my parents, but it''s not likely.
7.gif
Ditto. Christmas in Virginia this year.
7.gif

Portsmouth would have been PERFECT for me though.
39.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Would love to! Newburyport or Portsmouth would be ideal for me, too!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 1:23:02 AM
Author: aljdewey
Would love to! Newburyport or Portsmouth would be ideal for me, too!

Cool! It will be great to see you again! I''ll be there from 12/23-12/31 and don''t have too much planned yet for the days after Christmas.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''m game.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Booo! We''ll be farther south for Christmas!

Take lots of pictured for those of us who can''t make it!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, I was just thinking about Newburyport this morning and how much I'd love to go there soon (when I can walk without waddling again!). But as much as I'd love to join you guys, I don't know if two two-weekish-old babies would be up for it, and I'm pretty sure that hubby would have a meltdown if I left him alone with them both quite so soon. Have a blast though! And hopefully I can make the next NE GTG!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I am so in!!!

I would love to do a GTG. I am free on the 23rd, 29th, 30th and the 31st. The 26th may be doable as well. I am working till 7am on the 26th & have to go back work 11p-7a that night so that would be my lest fav day to go. Let me know what you guys want to do. This is going to be so much fun!!! I wonder if Shay will come? OH SHAY........are you out there? SHAY?!?!?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m free most of the week in between Christmas and New Year''s. My sister and her husband will be in town before Christmas and I think they''re staying for a few days after. The best days for me are Friday, Dec. 28, Sat. the 29th, or Sun. the 30th. I know the 29th works for KT.

What works for the rest of you?

Which location works for everyone? Boston is definitely doable but I like the idea of Portsmouth a little better I think. I''m flexible though so I could do what works for the majority.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this thread. I''d definitely be up for a GTG but preferably sometime after Xmas. Portsmouth/Newburyport would work for me!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The 29th would be my top pick, too......could also do the 30th.

Sounds like the 29th is shaping up to be a workable date for most, so shall we say the 29th, ladies?

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo Selkie, SO excited to see you again, you MARRIED LADY! LOL
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can definitely do the 29th. YAY!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:19:18 AM

Sounds like the 29th is shaping up to be a workable date for most, so shall we say the 29th, ladies?

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo Selkie, SO excited to see you again, you MARRIED LADY! LOL
36.gif
The 29th sounds good to me too! Alj, I tried to send you an email a while ago (early August, maybe) from my gmail account to update you with my new email but it might not have gone through. I'll try again today

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:55:07 AM
Author: Selkie

Date: 11/26/2007 11:19:18 AM

36.gif
The 29th sounds good to me too! Alj, I tried to send you an email a while ago (early August, maybe) from my gmail account to update you with my new email but it might not have gone through. I'll try again today
Don't recall getting something from you previously, but would love to hear from you!

29th sounds fabulous! Let's shoot for that.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
The 29th works for me but you gals will have to promise keep me awake with a great bling fest. I am working till 8am that morning and may be a wee bit on the tried side. I promise that it will not effect my oogaling, drooling or picture taking at all though. Just keep the caffeine and the bling coming and I will be good to go! Can''t wait to meet all of you.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I should be around for the 29th, though our new years plans are still a bit up in the air. I''d love to come if I can!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''m available on the 29th too
1.gif
and I could find my way to Portsmouth. I suppose Newburyport would work too but it would be a bit more of a ride.

What kind of get together are "we" envisioning? Should it be more social [lunch/drinks] or activity oriented [shopping]? I wouldn''t be averse to just getting together to socialize [and drool over the bling
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
].

DB

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 3:24:16 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I''m available on the 29th too
1.gif
and I could find my way to Portsmouth. I suppose Newburyport would work too but it would be a bit more of a ride.

What kind of get together are ''we'' envisioning? Should it be more social [lunch/drinks] or activity oriented [shopping]? I wouldn''t be averse to just getting together to socialize [and drool over the bling
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
].

B

Newburyport is ~25 miles south of Portsmouth, not too far off 95, so if you''re coming from Boston, it''s actually closer. I really don''t know anything about Portsmouth, not having been there in at least 15 years. I go to Newburyport as often as possible, and there''s plenty of places to eat (The Grog comes to mind) as well as tons of cute shops. I think we could easily combine a nice brunch/lunch with some window shopping for whoever is interested. There''s a nice estate jeweler, Market Square Jewelry, where my brother and SIL got her e-ring.

I''m up for either one, really. Anyone very familiar with POrtsmouth? What''s it like?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be coming from NH.

BTW, I''m all for going to a place with nice jewelry stores!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking Newburyport might be the better choice; for the gals coming from the south, Newburyport would be on the way to Portsmouth and therefore closer.

It''s also fairly easy to get to, and Selkie''s right that there are quite a few places to grab a bite and do a little window shopping. LOL

Let me do a little homework when I get home tonight and I''ll lob some options.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I''m looking forward to seeing you on the 29th! I haven''t been to Newburyport in a long time but I try to go to Portsmouth as often as possible. I think both towns are pretty similar, in that they both have shops and restaurants in a centralized location.

Portsmouth has a parking garage that is right around the corner from the shops and places to eat. There''s a bunch of good places to eat: The Friendly Toast (for an ecclectic, retro-themed atmosphere -- I think they serve breakfast all day), The Muddy River Smokehouse (for great BBQ), The portsmouth Brewery and/or the Portsmouth Gaslight Co. (both are great for American food, although I''ve never been to the Brewery). For brunch places in the downtown area, I''d have to do a little investigating. I think the Blue Mermaid does brunch but it''s a little different than your typical American fare. Oh yeah, Molly Malone''s also there...it''s on the far side of Market Square and they have brunch I believe (Sundays only??). It''s Irish food and it''s quite good. There''s also Breaking New Grounds and Starbucks for coffee and pastries and simple lunches.

OKay, so I know you didn''t ask for a restaurant guide or anything but I thought I''d give me opinion on places to eat in downtown Portsmouth. As for jewelers, there''s one small, upscale store and a few others in the area...not a ton though, from what I recall.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
OOhhh what a great idea! I may be going out of town for new years but if I''m home I''d love to join in!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Geez, how did I miss this?

I should be able to do the 29th. I haven''t spent time in Portsmouth in a long time, but should be able to find my way around. It would cool to officially meet people... I should recognize Alj after the random suprise meeting at Sylvan!
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
The 29th? I could make that too. Does anyone know how far the commuterail station is to "downtown" Portsmouth?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
OH OH OH I SO WANT TO COME!!

If I get a new car in time, I am DEFINITELY coming!!!
Only problems are: A) I've never been to Portsmouth and B) I'm directionally challanged.
40.gif
Help?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 12:59:55 PM
Author: nebe
OH OH OH I SO WANT TO COME!!

If I get a new car in time, I am DEFINITELY coming!!!
Only problems are: A) I've never been to Portsmouth and B) I'm directionally challanged.
40.gif
Help?
Help really depends on more info from you - where you're coming from, etc.

Also, it's a bit premature on directions yet until we actually pick a place to meet.
2.gif

Are we thinking early pm, ladies? If lunch is on the docket, Portsmouth might have more options, but keep in mind that some of the ladies are coming from Providence. For them, it's already a 90-minute drive to Newburyport, and going to Portsmouth is closer to two hours (and means doing the Hampton tolls, too).

I'm game either way......but wondering what you all think?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn''t matter to me what time we meet. If it''s early pm that is great since I can sleep a few hours. I don''t care which place we go as I have never been to either of them. I think we should pick the one with the best stores and food.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Alj, good point about the tolls. There is a train from Boston to Newburyport, also.
How about this. Those who are pretty sure they will come, where are you coming from, and do you have a preference?

I''m coming from northeast MA, and am closer to Newburyport (20 minutes vs. 45 to P-mouth), but don''t really care either way.

Nebe, if I recall you live somewhere near Springfield? You''d take the Mass Pike to 495 north to 95, and either go south a bit to Newburyport or north to Portsmouth. When we figure it out, we can put up more detailed directions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results