shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored senseless... let's chat about upcoming projects.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t collected it yet so does this count? Set of convertible et toi moi rings.

B5D7CEC5-ED87-48FA-9DAA-5F2F42E32E18.jpeg

Is it absolute madness that I recognized the pink stone as being yours (or had vibes about you in any case)?

I glanced at them on Instagram and thought "dunno why but these remind me of Icy"

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Could we get a handshot with the two gemstone rings together (one flipped the opposite way)? I've been thinking of a project with two open style solitaires, so they could be stacked together but can't invision it on hand.
This is not my finger…
1D5DC736-F09F-4726-B6FF-75786024E1DF.jpeg

Oh they definitely count! Please tell us more!!
Pink and blue tourmalines with interchangeable rose accent. Have been working on this for a while so am glad it’s finally done. Excited to pick it up later this week!

Is it absolute madness that I recognized the pink stone as being yours (or had vibes about you in any case)?

I glanced at them on Instagram and thought "dunno why but these remind me of Icy"
Omg hahahah. Is it cos they are big? Or maybe cos you saw my prev post? It’s the pink and blue at the bottom right corner. I’ll probably do the yellow and green the same way so that I can mix and match all 4 stones plus the rose accent.

Ok popped by Asiatique to look at new gems and discuss settings and some gratuitous pics…

Have an idea for the 4 big tourmalines at the corner. So big and colorful right…
8E131ADC-C532-467B-812D-8797436D75C9.jpeg

This is not my finger…
1D5DC736-F09F-4726-B6FF-75786024E1DF.jpeg

Pink and blue tourmalines with interchangeable rose accent. Have been working on this for a while so am glad it’s finally done. Excited to pick it up later this week!

Omg hahahah. Is it cos they are big? Or maybe cos you saw my prev post? It’s the pink and blue at the bottom right corner. I’ll probably do the yellow and green the same way so that I can mix and match all 4 stones plus the rose accent.

You have the most creative designs, I swear!! Super yummy gems (now that is a proper indicolite) and I love the rose. Enjoy this beauty!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade it was the post! The pink especially looks familiar from the post! Haha my subconscious remembers it!

Love your rose!!!!!! I've always wanted something like that but I'm wary because it can look terrible if the execution is poor. Yours is gorgeous!!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you doing with your tsav hunt, @mellowyellowgirl? :tongue:

I'm very mellow about it. Probably too mellow :lol-2:

I think with Christmas etc I've calmed down on the gem front. I really wanted my sister's Spess though......

I went and bought like $50 worth of cheap pearl earrings and that seems to have entertained me a great deal.

I'm very mellow about it. Probably too mellow :lol-2:

I think with Christmas etc I've calmed down on the gem front. I really wanted my sister's Spess though......

I went and bought like $50 worth of cheap pearl earrings and that seems to have entertained me a great deal.

I'm also done spending (on myself) now that the holidays are here... the brown zircon ring project won't really begin in earnest until after New Year's.
1899444qb0bmpwy3v.gif
Another reason I'm bored!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I have one very small project in the works. I purchased a very basic preowned setting (with ugly topaz) that should fit my barion cut blue zircon perfectly. I have been wanting to set it for ages but couldn’t find a setting and didn’t want to go custom because I will have to wear it carefully and not often. I think it will really look nice in this setting so I’m excited. The zircon is amazing and I have had it for a couple of years.

19512FED-2E26-458B-B217-608C20E58E86.jpeg
3E20F37A-A196-4C72-B0BE-4F90B21C2A4B.jpeg 1BFFCA9D-45AD-4C8D-B34B-61C51C1CD657.jpeg

I have one very small project in the works. I purchased a very basic preowned setting (with ugly topaz) that should fit my barion cut blue zircon perfectly. I have been wanting to set it for ages but couldn’t find a setting and didn’t want to go custom because I will have to wear it carefully and not often. I think it will really look nice in this setting so I’m excited. The zircon is amazing and I have had it for a couple of years.

3E20F37A-A196-4C72-B0BE-4F90B21C2A4B.jpeg 1BFFCA9D-45AD-4C8D-B34B-61C51C1CD657.jpeg

That is one of my very favorite cuts! It's like a radiant, only better. Your zircon is beautimous, and I feel like the ring design perfectly compliments the stone's cut (like lightening bolts striking the stone and causing what I'm sure is amazing sparkle). I love how you repurpose mountings and stones, and make them new again!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You have the most creative designs, I swear!! Super yummy gems (now that is a proper indicolite) and I love the rose. Enjoy this beauty!
Thank you! I like jewellery that can be mixed up a bit and I do already have many halo rings so these will be nice for a change. And I “blame” @Neptune for her beautiful btf rings…

@icy_jade it was the post! The pink especially looks familiar from the post! Haha my subconscious remembers it!

Love your rose!!!!!! I've always wanted something like that but I'm wary because it can look terrible if the execution is poor. Yours is gorgeous!!!!!!
hahahaha, you have a good memory!

Thank you! Fingers crossed looks good up close too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

The stone looks lovely! When will the reset be done?

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks lovely! When will the reset be done?

Thanks! I’m guessing a couple weeks. I feel like it’s the kind of stone that doesn’t need a fancy setting so I’m pretty excited. Hopefully I will be able to be careful enough not to smash it when wearing. The setting is a little bit protective but the stone is so big (for me) that I could see accidentally knocking it.

Received the cognac, amber, bronze, and olive diamonds today (for my brown zircon ring project). Suuuper beautiful for anyone considering them... so now we'll just see how the CAD goes with DK. I don't think he'll want to begin until next year. He's probably the busiest jeweler around, yet he never, ever discourages a project. That's good business, yes, but he's also just very accommodating and sweet.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello friends!

Worked from home today, but I clock out at 4p. It's that weird in-between time of the day for me now. So I found myself thinking about future projects, and started wondering what everyone else has in the works.

I'll go first... I hadn't planned on this being my next project, but I needed to source the colored diamonds, so I figured we might as well begin the CAD process.

Brown zircon center with a cognac, amber, bronze, and olive diamond outer halo. Inner halo of white diamonds. 18k yellow gold... I want to have a textured, intertwined twig band with scattered white diamonds and white and rose leaves, so it's very autumnal. We shall see how it goes!

orangezircon.jpg

My (laughable) composites... I don't think the diamond colors will be this bright. They're rather subdued.

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

I know this seems awfully busy, but you won't see much of the band when worn... it's more of a "surprise" detail for me, since I love the fall so much.
final.JPG

What upcoming pieces are you excited about?
wobble2.gif

I am loving this idea

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Early-ish next year I'm going to make a thread because I don't know what I'm doing.

I keep changing my mind on what I want.

I plan on making a solitaire to go with my little double snake band. I cannot decide if I want to use my oval pad, or round 'imperial' red spinel. I want a fluted ring-butt in a star shape underneath that connects to a banded milgrained bezel. Maybe, just full cup. I don't know if I just want the double snake heads as a single band (wider width maybe 3mm or so) with their heads tipped up resting, or mouths biting on either side of the cup, or maybe even each little snaky body twisted around each other with the little tails resting near their heads.

20221027_105104.jpg 20221119_114644.jpg 20220330_140120.jpg Opera Snapshot_2022-12-06_191800_www.instagram.com.png

How in the hell am I going to explain this so it makes sense to poor Olya?!
I'm definitely going to need the photoshop and design expertise of PS to help me.

I am loving that snake ring, where did you find it?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I am loving that snake ring, where did you find it?
Thank you, me too!
I'll do you one better and give the link. The woman who designs/owns is named Olya. I love her work and I love this ring.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, me too!
I'll do you one better and give the link. The woman who designs/owns is named Olya. I love her work and I love this ring.

Thank you!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello friends!

Worked from home today, but I clock out at 4p. It's that weird in-between time of the day for me now. So I found myself thinking about future projects, and started wondering what everyone else has in the works.

I'll go first... I hadn't planned on this being my next project, but I needed to source the colored diamonds, so I figured we might as well begin the CAD process.

Brown zircon center with a cognac, amber, bronze, and olive diamond outer halo. Inner halo of white diamonds. 18k yellow gold... I want to have a textured, intertwined twig band with scattered white diamonds and white and rose leaves, so it's very autumnal. We shall see how it goes!

orangezircon.jpg

My (laughable) composites... I don't think the diamond colors will be this bright. They're rather subdued.

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

I know this seems awfully busy, but you won't see much of the band when worn... it's more of a "surprise" detail for me, since I love the fall so much.
final.JPG

What upcoming pieces are you excited about?
wobble2.gif

Oh my gosh. The design, especially the twig band, is killing me!! I can’t wait to see this beauty!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, me too!

Danger…danger. I’ve been lusting after your snake ring…now I have an Etsy shopping cart with a few rings in it. Must. Not. Check. Out.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Danger…danger. I’ve been lusting after your snake ring…now I have an Etsy shopping cart with a few rings in it. Must. Not. Check. Out.
Oh, but you will.
go-do-it.gif

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has been much too enabling!
I went to my jeweller yesterday to check on progress of two items. I had my Mahenge cobalt spinel with me (@mellowyellowgirl, @Autumn in New England , I did not return the stone after it somehow started to behave beautifully in the sun :cool2:. I asked if they might have a ready-made setting for it - and they produced a dizzying array. They suggested a diagonally sloped, eye shaped setting. Adjusrmenrs will have to be made because the sett8ng is for a round stone. There are marquise diamonds for eyelashes, and trapezoid ones for eyeliner. What do you think?

A615E0BE-4750-4F80-981A-EA98D34A1F93.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I went to my jeweller yesterday to check on progress of two items. I had my Mahenge cobalt spinel with me (@mellowyellowgirl, @Autumn in New England , I did not return the stone after it somehow started to behave beautifully in the sun :cool2:. I asked if they might have a ready-made setting for it - and they produced a dizzying array. They suggested a diagonally sloped, eye shaped setting. Adjusrmenrs will have to be made because the sett8ng is for a round stone. There are marquise diamonds for eyelashes, and trapezoid ones for eyeliner. What do you think?

That spinel looks fantastic in that setting!

I'm really happy to hear you kept this beauty!! And it looks smashing in that mounting!! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Already posted in the Bling Wish List 2023 thread, I have sent to my bench in China 2 CSs to set, one is an Asscher cut blue Zircon, and a lab EC Emerald, both by Jeff W for setting.

In addition, I had sent 2 pairs of CS pear drops for making into interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond huggies.

Another item high on the list is a bigger pair of earring jackets for my near 1cttw diamond studs, hopefully with 3mm stones in an air gap/line halo design.

There are more CSs to set on top of the above.

DK :))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see that ring when it is finished Autumn in New England! I have a project going that seems to be on hold for now I guess since my jeweler can't seem to find a stone in the dimensions I need and without a window. Waiting for this stone is holding up the next project after that. I'm taking my Calla ring and removing the center diamond. I want to replace it with a charcoal/blackish spinel but that is proving to be darned near impossible so far. I then will use the diamond as a center for a new ruby pendant that is the inverse of my ruby ring. The petals will be rubies with tiny diamonds in between. Here is my Calla ring and ruby ring.

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

DSC_3686.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results