shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored senseless... let's chat about upcoming projects.

Hello friends!

Worked from home today, but I clock out at 4p. It's that weird in-between time of the day for me now. So I found myself thinking about future projects, and started wondering what everyone else has in the works.

I'll go first... I hadn't planned on this being my next project, but I needed to source the colored diamonds, so I figured we might as well begin the CAD process.

Brown zircon center with a cognac, amber, bronze, and olive diamond outer halo. Inner halo of white diamonds. 18k yellow gold... I want to have a textured, intertwined twig band with scattered white diamonds and white and rose leaves, so it's very autumnal. We shall see how it goes!

orangezircon.jpg

My (laughable) composites... I don't think the diamond colors will be this bright. They're rather subdued.

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

I know this seems awfully busy, but you won't see much of the band when worn... it's more of a "surprise" detail for me, since I love the fall so much.
final.JPG

What upcoming pieces are you excited about?
wobble2.gif

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends!

Worked from home today, but I clock out at 4p. It's that weird in-between time of the day for me now. So I found myself thinking about future projects, and started wondering what everyone else has in the works.

I'll go first... I hadn't planned on this being my next project, but I needed to source the colored diamonds, so I figured we might as well begin the CAD process.

Brown zircon center with a cognac, amber, bronze, and olive diamond outer halo. Inner halo of white diamonds. 18k yellow gold... I want to have a textured, intertwined twig band with scattered white diamonds and white and rose leaves, so it's very autumnal. We shall see how it goes!

orangezircon.jpg

My (laughable) composites... I don't think the diamond colors will be this bright. They're rather subdued.

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

I know this seems awfully busy, but you won't see much of the band when worn... it's more of a "surprise" detail for me, since I love the fall so much.
final.JPG

wobble2.gif

Wow! Beautiful. What a piece that will be! I have moved over to the side of colored diamonds and I don’t think I’ll go back. I just got engaged so currently not planning any projects but have my eyes on a couple of pendants.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello friends!

orangezircon.jpg

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

final.JPG

wobble2.gif

i just love those colours
i think this will be your PS signiture piece
defonatly a JOW contender !

its my day off, (today and tomorrow) the house is a bomb site and i need to aatck the jungle under the kitchen window or they wont deliver the gas for the hot water - we are showering on fumes right now

:lol-2:

its 10.30ish, im waiting on the groceries to arrive
im trying to pace my crook back/ very painful sciatica leg
im excitted about working longer days for a week after new year as i will get a whooper of a pay (for me) so i must take care of back
i am not going to spend the extra cash on bills
thats not fare

i want to buy my first loose gem stones, by buying some small peridot to have set into my asymatrical silver chocker i brought in the early '00's
well that's today's plan (have to see how well the jewler does setting my old small and rather mottly lose diamonds into my silver bar pendent)

tomorrow it could be one of seemingly thousands of ideas and unfinished pipe dreams, as i strive to get even one project finished

meanwhile i am madly googerling the dimplomatic reception in London right now with The King and Queen, kate and Wills etc major tiara event

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends!

orangezircon.jpg

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

final.JPG

wobble2.gif

I absolutely love this. The details for the band are divine

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends!

orangezircon.jpg

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

final.JPG

wobble2.gif

I seriously can't wait to see this piece! LOVE it so far, and the leaves on the band will be such an awesome detail. If you're already custom making a piece, as might as well make it as grand as possible down to the last details! :lol: I find myself drawn much more to these kind of pieces, rather than something generic and "classic". One of the reasons I'm so obsessed with my jedi ring lol:lol-2:

Anyways, this is my current project. I haven't shared it anywhere yet, wanting to wait until I get the finished piece in a week or so, but since you started this awesome thread I will do it now lol.

A diamond bracelet with a lil teeny .56ct namya jedi spinel, color similar to my jedi ring. Will be matchy matchy? :lol:18K white gold with G/VS diamonds
Screenshot_20221128-112511_Instagram.jpg
So I'm pretty much making this bracelet shown below, but adding the spinel with diamonds in the center like the earring pic.

Screenshot_20221122-151739_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20221122-122144_Instagram.jpg

The jedi I'll be using:
Screenshot_20221123-061541_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221122-220930_Instagram.jpg

Overall it's not a huge costly project but I'm officially on ban island indefinitely after this:oops2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, perhaps it is time to start a new Bling Wishlist thread!

DK :lol-2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Early-ish next year I'm going to make a thread because I don't know what I'm doing.

I keep changing my mind on what I want.

I plan on making a solitaire to go with my little double snake band. I cannot decide if I want to use my oval pad, or round 'imperial' red spinel. I want a fluted ring-butt in a star shape underneath that connects to a banded milgrained bezel. Maybe, just full cup. I don't know if I just want the double snake heads as a single band (wider width maybe 3mm or so) with their heads tipped up resting, or mouths biting on either side of the cup, or maybe even each little snaky body twisted around each other with the little tails resting near their heads.

20221027_105104.jpg 20221119_114644.jpg 20220330_140120.jpg Opera Snapshot_2022-12-06_191800_www.instagram.com.png

How in the hell am I going to explain this so it makes sense to poor Olya?!
I'm definitely going to need the photoshop and design expertise of PS to help me.

Wow! Beautiful. What a piece that will be! I have moved over to the side of colored diamonds and I don’t think I’ll go back. I just got engaged so currently not planning any projects but have my eyes on a couple of pendants.

Woohoo we have a convert! :dance: Congratulations on your engagement!! I'd love to see your ring if and when you feel like sharing it.

i just love those colours
i think this will be your PS signiture piece
defonatly a JOW contender !

its my day off, (today and tomorrow) the house is a bomb site and i need to aatck the jungle under the kitchen window or they wont deliver the gas for the hot water - we are showering on fumes right now

its 10.30ish, im waiting on the groceries to arrive
im trying to pace my crook back/ very painful sciatica leg
im excitted about working longer days for a week after new year as i will get a whooper of a pay (for me) so i must take care of back
i am not going to spend the extra cash on bills
thats not fare

i want to buy my first loose gem stones, by buying some small peridot to have set into my asymatrical silver chocker i brought in the early '00's
well that's today's plan (have to see how well the jewler does setting my old small and rather mottly lose diamonds into my silver bar pendent)

tomorrow it could be one of seemingly thousands of ideas and unfinished pipe dreams, as i strive to get even one project finished

meanwhile i am madly googerling the dimplomatic reception in London right now with The King and Queen, kate and Wills etc major tiara event

I can empathize with your sciatica pain. :shock: I had it earlier this year (or late last year... I've lost all concept of time). I literally crawled into a Chinese chiropractor's office. He did a combination therapy of traditional Western spine/hip corrections and also acupuncture. He saved me!! I hope you find some relief soon, my friend.

About the peridot purchase, I love this gem because it can come in very vivid tones, but is never treated. I look forward to seeing what you find!!

Hello
I only really have one project in the plan now - it’s going to exhaust my funds!

If anyone wants to mock it up for me that would be awesome :lol:

A51C6933-1F7A-4190-89D2-0D87BC970997.jpeg FF0F4DE2-DD51-4439-931A-AD3B6FED399E.jpeg FCC6EE52-0590-4E29-968D-7E712384FEEF.jpeg

I'm really excited for this project!! It is going to be spectacular. I can mock up the ring like I did mine, but my skills are pretty sad. :oops:

I seriously can't wait to see this piece! LOVE it so far, and the leaves on the band will be such an awesome detail. If you're already custom making a piece, as might as well make it as grand as possible down to the last details! :lol: I find myself drawn much more to these kind of pieces, rather than something generic and "classic". One of the reasons I'm so obsessed with my jedi ring lol:lol-2:

Anyways, this is my current project. I haven't shared it anywhere yet, wanting to wait until I get the finished piece in a week or so, but since you started this awesome thread I will do it now lol.

A diamond bracelet with a lil teeny .56ct namya jedi spinel, color similar to my jedi ring. Will be matchy matchy? :lol:18K white gold with G/VS diamonds
So I'm pretty much making this bracelet shown below, but adding the spinel with diamonds in the center like the earring pic.

The jedi I'll be using:
Screenshot_20221123-061541_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221122-220930_Instagram.jpg

Overall it's not a huge costly project but I'm officially on ban island indefinitely after this:oops2:

This post alone was worth it for me to start this thread! I'm so thrilled you chose to share your new project here. That spinel is bonkers (again)... and I love how feminine and elegant the bracelet design is... what a stunner!! I look forward to seeing the process and final result! :appl:

Early-ish next year I'm going to make a thread because I don't know what I'm doing.

I plan on making a solitaire to go with my little double snake band. I cannot decide if I want to use my oval pad, or round 'imperial' red spinel. I want a fluted ring-butt in a star shape underneath that connects to a banded milgrained bezel. Maybe, just full cup. I don't know if I just want the double snake heads as a single band (wider width maybe 3mm or so) with their heads tipped up resting, or mouths biting on either side of the cup, or maybe even each little snaky body twisted around each other with the little tails resting near their heads.

20221027_105104.jpg 20221119_114644.jpg 20220330_140120.jpg Opera Snapshot_2022-12-06_191800_www.instagram.com.png

I'm definitely going to need the photoshop and design expertise of PS to help me.

Love the sapphire, but I must vote for the spinel! The fiery color just goes with the serpent theme in my opinion. :love: I will be following your "I don't know what I'm doing" thread with great interest!! This is going to be one of the coolest pieces ever.

P.S. I'm having a similar issue trying to describe the intricacies of the twig/leaf band to DK. Composites definitely help where words fail. We're getting closer! David and Amy have to be 2 of the most patient individuals to ever exist.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock

The jedi I'll be using:

This is going to be stunning :kiss2:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock

I love your snake band and have looked at the dragon scale band that Olya does. Love love love it. Your solitaire will be beautiful :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello
I only really have one project in the plan now - it’s going to exhaust my funds!

If anyone wants to mock it up for me that would be awesome :lol:

A51C6933-1F7A-4190-89D2-0D87BC970997.jpeg FF0F4DE2-DD51-4439-931A-AD3B6FED399E.jpeg FCC6EE52-0590-4E29-968D-7E712384FEEF.jpeg

I can’t wait to see this piece finished. It’s going to be killer! :kiss2:
Are you thinking of using paraiba for the outside halo and diamonds for the inside (just like the inspo pic)?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The jedi I'll be using:

Ooh, this is going to be so pretty! I can’t wait to see it! I’m kind of a sucker for anything pink. :lol:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
I can’t wait to see this piece finished. It’s going to be killer! :kiss2:
Are you thinking of using paraiba for the outside halo and diamonds for the inside (just like the inspo pic)?

Ah thank you @elle_71125 im very excited!
Yes inner diamond halo and outer paraiba halo in blackened silver over gold.

The shank though, will be 18ct plain gold.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends!

orangezircon.jpg

ZirconRingIdea1.jpg

final.JPG

wobble2.gif

@Autumn in New England what an inspired piece - those colours remind me of the bounty of autumn! The band is so pretty too. Did you read about this archeological find? The colours echo yours! https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-63860132 D878B0FA-B8D2-48F9-B505-13E9A142C22C.jpeg

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t collected it yet so does this count? Set of convertible et toi moi rings.

B5D7CEC5-ED87-48FA-9DAA-5F2F42E32E18.jpeg

Could we get a handshot with the two gemstone rings together (one flipped the opposite way)? I've been thinking of a project with two open style solitaires, so they could be stacked together but can't invision it on hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results