shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Boadicea the Valiant

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo, @Dandi-darling! Yes, I have SPECTACULAR friends. They were planning to come over for my birthday, but, sadly, Covid turned their visit into a video recording. But they made a point of getting together yesterday and singing me happy birthday, recording it, and sending it over - how can you not love that?? And my best friend in the US cancelled all his plans for today so he could be around all day, just in case I feel like chatting - how nice is that? My darling husband is running around Boston picking up wonderful antipasti and champagne and cupcakes, and is also currently mopping the floors! And a wonderful Pricescope friend - @HudsonHawk, with whom I've been friends for over 10 years, is coming to lunch. We intend to drink a little. :bigsmile: My home is filled with flowers and nice smells and even the weather is clear and blue. Seriously, I don't really see how this could have turned out any better, Paris or no Paris. Thank you for your very kind wishes - I shall honor them by having the best day EVER! <3

@X5M - I'm kind of silently pleased you noticed that. :appl: I would say the main pursuit of my collection in the last 10 years has not been 'new pieces', so much as it has been 'a higher standard'. I've had so many things tweaked in their construction, or the quality of the gems used. I would probably rather have 3 very good things than 1 great thing - but I would *definitely* rather have 1 great thing than 10 things that were so-so. And now I'm going for a whole collection of outstandingly curated and constructed pieces. And - seriously - that's a lifetime pursuit.

Hi @caolsen - thank you for that! Sadly, Boadicea (I've intentionally chosen her anglicized name) is thought most likely to have taken her own life when she was unable to overcome the Romans. But we're Just. Not. Going. There. The truth is, we all go down in the end. But we can give up before we try, or we can go down fighting. As for me, I will throw down my sword *just* before I pass through to the other side! And, gladly, that's when I'll meet my True King. I will do all I can to avoid that day - but when it becomes inevitable, I will cross over with gusto and humility, knowing I'll be going to places and people far and away beyond myself.

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on the birthday and enjoy your wonderful gifts. Glad you are out of hospital and feeling better. 20th June is also my mum's birthday, so it's a good day!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday @mrs-b !!!
Stay safe and healthy and have a great year.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

That's one hell of a birthday grouping! Wow doesn't cover it. Beautiful and wear them all in good health!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday @mrs-b ! I am so glad you are out of the hospital and surrounded by wonderful family, friends and shiny new sparkles. You are a beautiful lady inside and out. I hope you have a wonderful day and coming year!!! Now waiting for more photos of your lovelies!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, love all your amazing new bling! They are all just gorgeous. Boadicea is a true showstopper! Pure perfection on your hand! :kiss2: The gypsy ring and bangles are beautiful. It's a shame your trips didn't work out, but personally I'll take bling over a trip anyday LOL. Glad you're home and doing ok. Your plans for the day sound wonderful. Happy Birthday!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Happy birthday, Mrs-b! I am so delighted that you are out of the hospital to enjoy your special day! You look wonderful. You must be feeling well to be able to participate in all your birthday activities.
Your new pieces are absolutely gorgeous!! The yellow gold is so warm and inviting......just like you! Enjoy!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, @Lvoeshinythings! I'm not sure which is my favorite! I do love those bangles, but I also love that gypsy ring! And of course, Boadicea the Valiant... It's hard to choose between 'beautiful' and...'beautiful'! But I think, of all my rings, I probably love my ruby and diamond 5 stone ring the most, along with my opal and diamond ring, and my yellow gold Holly band. But which one would I save in a fire? My wedding ring. Of course. :))

Thank you, @Sparkles88! I'm having a lovely birthday weekend and am looking forward to my celebratory lunch this afternoon! I had coffee and mango ice cream yesterday - and how wonderful that was! I think once or twice a year will do me, tho....

Hi @caf! And thank you! :wavey:

It’s nice to have so many favorites. :lol: Enjoy them and continue to have a great bday!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo, beautiful warrior queen. :)) Gift of my husband. Symbol of strength and beauty. Token of eternal love.

20200619_125607.jpg

Oh!!! That one is yours!!! I saw it and thought i hope it’s someone from PS!!!!

:kiss2::kiss2:

Happy birthday indeed!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday! What a spectacular way to celebrate after all you have been through. All of your new pieces are just stunning. Your friends are amazing and then Tim too! One benefit to being home right now is you can take the trips later and actually see the sights. With bling like that, I don't know how you would have ever looked up from it to see anything around you!

Volute

Rough_Rock
Good lord, @mrs-b, what a triumphant affirmation of life and love on your birthday! Your new jewelry is BEAUTIFUL, as are you. Your skin is absolutely glowing! Having logged a good bit of time in the hospital during the last few years, I can imagine a little of what you must be feeling. What I love most about these pieces is that they look like they grew on you, and that they look like they would feel amazing to wear. Congratulations, and I hope you wear them in peace and above all joy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrs B, Happy Birthday!!! So happy to hear you are back home. Your jewelry is gorgeous. The emerald ring is spectacular!!! You have a perfect day planned. Enjoy every minute!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From today. Adoration, love, laughter and bling - in that order. What a life! :appl:

20200620_142644.jpg

20200620_142538.jpg

20200620_142636.jpg

20200620_154215.jpg

Going to go Zoom with my God-kids now, then return some birthday calls and open my birthday cards. :))

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday! Your presents are looking gorgeous!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Such happiness and beauty from YOU, your hubby, dear friend and your jewels. You are the true sparkler! Happy birthday mrsb!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am wishing the happiest of birthdays to you, @mrs-b! And congratulations on all of your fabulous new bling as well! :twirl: I am so thrilled to hear your updates and see your smiling photos, and you truly deserve all of the joy in the world! I truly admire the way you have handled every step of this chapter and I hope that the year to come proves to be your best one yet. Now go enjoy some antipasti and champagne! :dance:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah!
Good thing I was sitting down as I scrolled through.
OMG you, the Warrior Queen, have the RING equal to your status. What a beauty, what an excellent husband.
You’ve had such a rough time lately I trust that these gorgeous sparklers are bringing you much joy.
Happy Birthday @mrs-b , enjoy your celebrations , enjoy your beautiful gifts and the love behind them.
As a side note, are you offering up some sunglasses and a soft cushion to people before they view your new ring? You don’t want them blinded by the dazzle and so shocked that they faint and fall over!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, such happy pictures! How wonderful.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you had a fabulous birthday! That makes me happy for you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @blingthing - and happy birthday to your mom! One of the three longest days of the year - so, awesome, if you like your birthday! :))

Thanks, @Cockatiel! And will do my best to stay safe. And will DEFINITELY do my best to have a great year! :)

Thank you, @elizat It was a an awesome birthday grouping!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @yennyfire! Thank you for those kind words. I feel as tho, on balance, I have been very blessed and definitely had a wonderful day. it was a great landmark birthday. :))

Thank you, Luce :)) Hoping to have some more photos for you tomorrow when I have the time to get outdoors.

@junebug17 - I'm so glad you like them! And I'm definitely still hoping to have the trips at some point. I've never been to Hawaii, and I'm really looking forward to it one day. Sometimes, tho, this whole coronavirus thing just feels like it's never going to end....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww - @Mcgregor! What a lovely thing to say! I'd feel pretty special if I looked a quarter as good as my new birthday ring! As far as my birthday activities go - I was surprised I held up as well as I did, and it was lovely to have a somewhat more normal day, energy-wise. Hoping I manage to go from strength to strength from here. :))

@Lvoeshinythings - ended up being an awesome day. :wavey:

Thank you, @whitewave! Yes - that one is mine! It's a glorious stone and a beautiful ring. I'm wearing it at the moment, and I can't help but keep glancing down at my hand... :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here, @TooPatient! I now have this mental picture of tooling around France, and not seeing a thing because all I keep doing is taking different photos of my jewelry! That could happen, definitely! :mrgreen: Today was a good day of reflection, and it really came home to me how very blessed I am. I am one hugely lucky woman!

@Volute - 'peace' - ahhhhh! I'm wondering if that should be my aspirational word for the coming year? Under-rated for sure. And I'm so sorry you've been doing your own dance with the medical devils over recent years; it's such a tough road, isn't it? I'm praying for wellness for both of us and a great year ahead!

@Calliecake - thank you for the lovely cake! :)) I LOVE cake and it was such a treat to have cupcakes on the menu this year! And even better to have great big gorgeous emerald cut diamonds on the gift list!! :D :D :D

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday. May this be the start of an easier, lower stress year!

The new ring is stunning, and looks great on you!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, & what a birthday it is! The rings are stunning, the bangle is stunning, it's all stunning! LOL I haven't read your health thread, & pleased you are doing so well. You are so cheerful & upbeat. That's a hefty part of the battle with illness. Look at your pretties & smile. Smile because they represent your milestone & the people in your life. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MeowMeow! I wore the gypsy ring out to breakfast this morning, and it gave me such pleasure! Everything jewelry is meant to be! :))

Awww - @bling_dream19 - you're so sweet! And I have to say - you've picked up a few sweet things yourself recently, I see! Looking forward to going on your 'setting journey' with you! :wavey:

@carbonfan - I took you at your word and consumed a daunting amount of antipasti - washed down with some delicious champagne! And followed by...er...<politecough>...threecupcakes....<politecough>...:mrgreen: It took me all afternoon and a good percentage of the evening, mind you - but even so - I was up to the task!! And thank you so much for your warm wishes. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357! I'm so glad you like it! It's a statement piece for sure! I love the idea of sunglasses and a cushion - how funny! I can just see it... "Have you seen my new ring? Just give me a sec - I need to grab a couple of things from the car..." :mrgreen: Thank you so much for your very kind wishes - I am praying and hoping for a much better year to come.

@alittlelight - it really was the happiest of days. :)) <3

Thanks, @JPie! The whole thing ran for 2 days, and every minute was very happy. I came out the other side *really* feeling like I'd had a celebration. It was a celebration of life, and love, and stamina, and untold, rolling blessings. My life really is almost shamingly wonderful. I am one very, very lucky woman.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the latest pictures!!! Glad you had such a happy day! I have a question...what diameter are your hoops? I want hoops but am not sure what size I want! I might have to order cheap sterling ones to try on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results