shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Boadicea the Valiant

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday @mrs-b

I'd be looking forward to a big milestone birthday with all those goodies. Enjoy, and most importantly it sounds like there's a lot of people who love you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday @mrs-b !!! What a wonderful birthday weekend it is!!! You’re out of the hospital and doing well ❤️and you have an amazing dh and gorgeous birthday bling!❤️❤️❤️

Have a wonderful birthday weekend and may the year ahead be filled with good health, joy and as much beautiful bling as you desire. Big birthday (((hugs))).

359165EE-3C97-4F68-9A7F-48C8A2C81DE2.gif

X

X5M

Happy Birthday mrs-b! Boadicea looks divine! Your taste in jewellery is exquisite. I’d love some outdoor shots if possible please.

The bangles look delicate yet substantial at the same time. I’m sure they are very eye- catching in real life.

I hope you enjoy your birthday weekend with your new bling and your wonderful DH and friends =)2

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b, I wish you a very happy birthday! Each of your new pieces is beautiful, but your EC took my breath away. Bodacious Boadicea!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday weekend @mrs-b! I’m so happy to hear you are home and thriving, you have such a wonderful attitude about your health and life. You are indeed a blessed woman in many ways but most importantly is to have the love of your DH, family and friends. We are all blessed that you share with us, the good, bad and BLING!

All of your birthday pieces are outstanding but Boadicea trumps :kiss2: It looks such a lovely color and the size is perfectly suitable for you. The YG setting is perfect and let’s the diamond shine in it’s glory!

I hope you enjoy life and the bling for many years to come.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Mrs-b! Glad you have had a great outcome and a beautiful start to your birthday weekend! Your new gifts are fabulous; I am so glad your new ring arrived in time. Enjoy your new sparklies and the rest of your celebrations!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday to You!!!
I feel as though I'm between your two celebration days at the moment; but nonetheless, wish you a wonderful day and continued good health.

PS - Love all of the bling, especially the yellow EC.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 7.22.49 PM.png

I just read that the color for Geminis is yellow making that gorgeous emerald cut ring deliciously apropos.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee - Thank you so much, dear! And I appreciated your comment re size. Do you think the proportions look ok on my hand? It's a question I had.

@DorotheaBrooke - awww - thank you so much! :)) :wavey:

Hallo, @bling_dream19 :)) I'm so glad you like all my new pieces! I feel as tho the pieces I get as I get older are more important, as it's quite hard to get a place in my collection these days! Most of the spots are filled, so anything I get these days is going to be something I really want! I LOVE that EC! And I've wanted a matching diamond bangle for forever! And this is my third shot at a gypsy ring, so this one was a no-brainer! I'm so glad you like each of them. Thank you for your very kind comments! <3

H

Horsegirl76

Happy Birthday mrs-b!!! I am thunderstruck by all your beautiful pieces as usual! Enjoy them and all the love surrounding you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @lkolarik! Yes - I'm hoping to swamp the bad memories with a lot of good ones! And I'm totally open to the idea of making a bunch more good ones and swamping the last 18 months some more!!

Hey, @Slick1! :wavey: Thank you for all the support you've given me recently. I am fully aware of it and wholly grateful for it! My birthday this year will be all the better because of you. ox

@Niffler75 - please believe me that if we could sit down together to celebrate my birthday, I would save the very BEST slice of cake for you! I am feeling very, very blessed and I have NOTHING to feel disappointed about, in regards to this birthday. So far, 60 has been the best year ever! Thank you for your friendship. <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Catmom! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Nobody can rival your stunner, but I can sort of join the club! And I'm very happy with my creamy, lively beauty! You'd know this as well as anyone: there is a world of difference between a well performing EC and a poorly performing one. And I am thrilled with this one. They are SO unlike rounds!! Love this ring!

Thank you, @sunnyside74, for your kind wishes. I'm pretty glad I'm out of hospital also! It's a completely different deal, to be celebrating this milestone from home with a big diamond ring on my finger, as opposed to in hospital with an i/v in my arm!!

Thank you so very much, @voce. That's exactly what I devoutly wish for myself, also! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @scouty - thank you, and happy belated birthday to your mom, also!

Thank you, @OdetteOdile :)) Thank you for the birthday wishes - and I'm so glad you like my new pieces!

Awww - thank you, @kathley! I really do try my very, very best!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @foxinsox! And YES! "Wildly better" is definitely what I'm going for!! :wavey:

Hi there, @Weecam! Thank you for the warm birthday wishes; and yes - I'm so thrilled to be spending this one from home!

Hi, @marymm! I can TOTALLY see you doing a gypsy ring! It's hollow in the back, but it weighs a ton, so it needs to be. The first one I had, which had a much smaller diamond, ergo was narrower, was solid, and it just wouldn't be feasible with this one. Even hollow, it has a lot of heft to it! If you're interested in going with DKJ, and if it's of any use to you, you're more than happy to use or modify my CADs. And thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes; I'm feeling pretty blessed, right about now! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 - lovely to see you, lady! Thank you for your lovely wishes; I'm hugely glad I'm still here, too!! ox

Oooohhh - @canuk-gal - are you a hoops girl? I feel that one either is or one isn't. I'm hoops over studs every day of the week, and twice on Sunday! And thank you for the birthday wishes!

Thank you, @Polabowla :)) I am enjoying being surrounded by high quality bling, and even higher quality people! <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @maryjane04 - I have everything a woman could want for a wonderful birthday. :))

@missy! I've been thinking of you and hoping all is going well with you and G. today. Thank you so much for your very kind birthday wishes. And thank you for your friendship and genione support during these difficult months: I appreciate it - and you - more than words can say! ox

Hi there, @X5M! I hear you on the outdoors shots and will see what I can do. I'm a bit shaky post hospital right now, but in the days ahead will get it done! And I'm so glad you specifically mentioned my bangles: I think they're particularly stunning! :wavey:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday @mrs-b!!! I have been so excited to see the setting of your stunning emerald cut diamond. It is so beautiful and looks perfect on your hand. I am glad to hear you are home from the hospital. Enjoy the wonderful celebration of you with family and friends. I love both of your gorgeous rings and the bangles that sparkle like crazy!!!! Wear them in happiness and good health!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday mrs-b. 60 - You've made it to a major milestone. Australia is turning on a beautiful blue sky, sunny winter day for you where we are.

I love your new jewels. Some variation on a three stone seems to work very beautifully on your hand. I remember you saying once that what you liked about yellow gold was that it was a colour. I agree and even just a trace of it can add a lovely colour and richness to the look of a piece. Enjoys your new pieces and your celebrations.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
A very happy bday to Mrs. B, indeed! You made is a GREAT one. I know my favorite of the new goodies (HULLO EC RING), is it yours too?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here, @springerspaniel! 'Bodacious Boadicea' indeed! I'm so glad you like her - she is one striking jewel!!

Thank you so much, @bright ice! :)) You're so right - I am indeed blessed! And these landmark days are perfect to remember just how much, and to be thankful. And I'm very thankful. <3

Hi @MissGotRocks :wavey: I'm having a lovely weekend! I had icecream on Friday and will have cupcakes today. And friends. And diamonds. And flowers. And the best husband in the world. Does life get any better than that? I think not!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind wishes, @DAF :)) I'm having a lovely time, and am grateful to God above all things for the amazing blessings I have. With blessing comes responsibility, and I'll be taking some time later today to see how I can shae some of my bounty to mark this day.

Hi @Asscherhalo_lover! I'm doing AAALLLL the enjoyment! :mrgreen:

@Matata! Really? I didn't realize that about star signs and color! I love yellow - always have - and it's my husband's favorite color. My favorite color is green, but I have to say, yellow is the warm, sunshine, happy color, so - if I could only have one - what a great one to have!

ETA And thank you for the cupcake!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A big HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY @mrs-b !!!!!
Wishing you much happiness, joy, good health and luck.
Your birthday jewels are stunning as usual.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Horsegirl76! I'm really trying to put together a curated collection of beautiful things here, rather than random pieces, so your comments were very appreciated. And you're right - it's the love that goes with them that makes them special. :))

Hi @peppermintpatty :wavey: I'm so glad you like my new setting! I don't think this is where it will end, to be honest, but it was a good stopping point for now. One day I hope to put her in a yellow frame, but that will be some time down the track. In the meantime, I'm enjoying her in all her bezeled magnificence!

Hallo, @Polished! I'm glad Australia is its usual gorgeous self today; I have family and friends there, and love knowing they're getting to enjoy Australia at her best. And yes - it's me and three stones for all time, I think. I just love a ring that wraps around your finger as tho it really wants to be there! :bigsmile:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoooooooo!!!!!!! It's the 20th here, so Happy Australian Birthday!!!!!!! :mrgreen: And my word, do you ever know how to celebrate! You have some seriously spectacular friends. It's all amazing as always...but Boadicea is really off the charts special. I love the symbolism behind her and her name. You are going through more than many could ever imagine, and you are doing it with grace and dignity. You are beautiful inside and out, and you deserve every one of those incredible pieces. I hope they bring you a ton of joy at an otherwise very trying time! Much love.

X

X5M

Thank you so much, @maryjane04 - I have everything a woman could want for a wonderful birthday. :))

@missy! I've been thinking of you and hoping all is going well with you and G. today. Thank you so much for your very kind birthday wishes. And thank you for your friendship and genione support during these difficult months: I appreciate it - and you - more than words can say! ox

Hi there, @X5M! I hear you on the outdoors shots and will see what I can do. I'm a bit shaky post hospital right now, but in the days ahead will get it done! And I'm so glad you specifically mentioned my bangles: I think they're particularly stunning! :wavey:

Oh please take your time mrs-b! I’ll be silently stalking your thread :lol:

Your gypsy ring reminded me of another thread going on at the moment asking if you would purchase stones of a higher quality than your e-ring. Everything you select is not only of the best quality but also well thought out and refined. ❤️

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Hallo, beautiful warrior queen. :)) Gift of my husband. Symbol of strength and beauty. Token of eternal love.

20200619_125607.jpg

Yup - glossing over that the Romans got her in the end part, but I love you Boudicca!

LOVE step cuts in YG! So decadent :)

For learning stuff about her namesake.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @Lvoeshinythings! I'm not sure which is my favorite! I do love those bangles, but I also love that gypsy ring! And of course, Boadicea the Valiant... It's hard to choose between 'beautiful' and...'beautiful'! But I think, of all my rings, I probably love my ruby and diamond 5 stone ring the most, along with my opal and diamond ring, and my yellow gold Holly band. But which one would I save in a fire? My wedding ring. Of course. :))

Thank you, @Sparkles88! I'm having a lovely birthday weekend and am looking forward to my celebratory lunch this afternoon! I had coffee and mango ice cream yesterday - and how wonderful that was! I think once or twice a year will do me, tho....

Hi @caf! And thank you! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results