shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Boadicea the Valiant

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(ETA Just to clarify before I start - being an Australian, living in the US, my birthday is a 2 day event. Technically, it's on June 20th - tomorrow. But today in Australia, where I was born, it's already June 20th and my birthday. So if you want to be accurate, you'd probably have to say my birthday is today - but on a different date. Consequently, we start celebrating today, but most activities are happening tomorrow. So - now that you're all up to speed....)

Well, last week I was supposed to be in Paris. Tomorrow I was supposed to be in Hawaii. As it turns out, I'm still in Massachusetts and one day out of hospital. So it's fair to say, things didn't turn out the way I had hoped.

However....

I'M STILL HERE!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!

And I surpassed my parents by living till 60. I have people who love me. I am spending my day (today) with my husband, my afternoon (tomorrow) with a wonderful friend eating some awesome food, I'm Zooming with a bunch of people I love, and I am surrounded by diamonds! So really - could it be much better than that?! :mrgreen:

After a rough road for the last 18 months, I am one very happy girl. The sun is shining, the sky is blue-as-blue, the birds are chirping, my house is clean, my dogs don't need a bath...life is good!

And today I went to Fedex and picked up a delivery with my name on it! Photos will take me a few minutes, but here's 2 things to give you a small lead in....

1) This is a repeat of my gypsy ring with a slightly larger OEC in the center, and 2 10pt AVRs either side. The sides are E color and the center is an F. LOTS of platinum in this! Tiny diamond in the back set in a starburst pattern. Kapow!

7af99b92c8502a6a681e4284482b16a879ddb369-1.jpeg

2) And this is my new 5+ctw diamond and platinum bangle, made to match the one I had made about 4 years ago, I think. So now - 10+ctw and a bunch of sparkle on my wrist! The new one is from my wonderful friends to soften the blow of my 60th birthday and they went all out to make it clear they're glad I'm still here!!

But - let's be honest - the BIG one is still coming.... :kiss2:

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'll say its a good day! Happy Birthday! Enjoy your beautiful new jewels...and life!

Happy birthday, Mrs B! Hope you have a wonderful one and so glad to hear that you’re doing good and out of hospital!

stc715

Rough_Rock
Oooh! Happy birthday!! I just clicked into your profile to see your other gorgeous things from another thread. What a FANTASTIC chunky gypsy <3

Celebrate all week!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Happy, Happy Birthday, mrs-b! Indeed a milestone birthday in every respect.
Can’t wait to see THE BIG ONE :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So brace yourselves.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here she is. Boadicea the Valiant - warrior queen who fought seemingly insurmountable odds.

(She died in the end, actually, but let's just skip over that part...)

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday, @mrs-b !!! Your SMTB posts are always my favorite! They look gorgeous as expected!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday @mrs-b !!!! May you have many many more!!!!

love the ring and bangles. So gorgeous!!!!! Love the high color oecs!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hallo, beautiful warrior queen. :)) Gift of my husband. Symbol of strength and beauty. Token of eternal love.

20200619_125607.jpg

Omgosh!!!!! I’ve never seen anything more amazing than this!!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!!:love::love::love::love:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, @mrs-b !! She looks amazing! Do you mind sharing her specs?

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
:clap::clap::clap::clap: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2::kiss2::appl::appl::appl::appl::love::love::love::love:
She’s glorious, mrs-b! Love her in luscious yellow gold! Another spectacular addition to your already fab collection:D. Congrats!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful & good as gold, @mrs-b!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, @mrs-b !! She looks amazing! Do you mind sharing her specs?

Absolutely! She's 4.07ct, S-T color (whitest I've ever seen and I'm sure that's a mistake because she's waaaaay whiter than my Q color was), with...hmmm...tapered bullets that are... .51ctw? I think? Goodness me - I just got her, and I've already forgotten her specs! Altho - fair enough, y'know - a queen doesn't need to give her statistics! :))

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!! Although it's not the birthday you had planned, I do hope this birthday is a wonderful two days filled with joy & love... you're off to a good start already! Happy Birthday, and happy new sparklies!!

(PS - one of my kids was also born on June 20. A good day!)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, love the setting!

Happy Birthday!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Have a very, very happy birthday and the well deserved celebrations! Many, many more to come in health and happiness. Here’s to defeat the odds! Hope one day I can say the same! We are proud of you. While this year has turned out different for everyone, this sort of different is not too shabby, either. Lots of happiness with the awesome goodies and let’s all think of the positives life has brought us this year! :love:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure how you have decided on these rings, but the light yellows in gold are the stuff of my dreams, then, the gypsy is the only kind of ring I have ever wanted enough to wear! What is happyness? - I see things I love being loved, & someone next to my table at the cafe quips 'you must be happy!' [grinning, probably & laughing lightly] .) I am happy to see that these two rings came together in very, very good hands! Happy birthday! & many happy returns - say, until a proper hundred carats add up [just to have a number.]

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday, @mrs-b! They’re all divine but that yellow gold :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness what beautiful jewels!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your new ring and love the name inspiration - a strong woman indeed. Fab, fab, fab! And most importantly - Happy birthday! (I also love that you claim 2 birthdays like the Queen - even more fitting with a ring named for a warrior queen.).

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, strong, lovely, thoughtful, gorgeous as usual - @mrs-b

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I love all of your jewelry, but my goodness, Boadicea takes the cake! Happy birthday, hope your year is filled with love, happiness, and health :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @mrs-b !!!!! :appl: :wavey:

Wow, your new jewels are all wonderful, but that EC is spectacular!!!!!:love::love::love:
What a great find that stone was, and the setting is perfect for it!!!

Many of us are missing canceled trips, but honestly, I'd rather be home to receive those jewels!!! :lol:

So thankful you are out of the hospital! Take care and hope you will be feeling well soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results