shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Spinel Halo Ring

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is definitely gorgeous!!! You should post this in Show Me the Ring, though, so more people can see it!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I go to bed, and wake up to all these lovely comments - what a lovely surprise!
Thank you AJ - I agree it looks like an OEC (and love that look) but wasn''t particularly aiming for that look, it just worked out that way
5.gif

The setting was hand made by a brilliant bench jeweller in Melbourne - I''m not sure if they''d want their name posted or not - we were referred to them by our appraiser - but I certainly would want to give them credit where credit is due, because I love the craftsmenship . If any was is in Melbourne (Australia) and thinking of working with them, I''d be happy to ask their permission to post their name?? I''m not sure what the normal protocol is with bench jewellers who don''t advertise to the public?

Thanks Loving D, Jelly, Tourmaline L, Ellen, Marcy (agree about Dan!), Catmom/Michelle, Kaleigh, Coati, Gliterrata, Canuk Gal, Violet, LTP, Joy 2 the World (thanks - the legacy was inspiration for the top view), PJean, Linda, Elmorton,DS2006 (I might try and get a thread going in SMTR after work today
9.gif
) --- I appreciate all your kind comments!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi BA, it is so lovely. I have to say this is one of my favourite coloured stone rings ever.
1.gif
I agree you should share with more ppl in SMTR.

Well, if I'm in Melbs next year, I'll have to make sure I have a project ready
27.gif

You're very lucky to have such a good jeweller to go to
5.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That may be one of the coolest rings I have ever seen. LOVE the color, and that profile is AMAZING. Just gorgeous.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again AJ
1.gif
- haven''t had a chance to try doing a SMTR thread yet....maybe tomorrow when I''m on holidays!

Thank you for your kind words GeckoDani and San Diego Lady
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-what a lovely blue!! I saved this into my favorites so I can look at it..My husband will have a heart attack if he looks in my Ring Ideas folder..I''ve got tons of bookmarks!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is totally gorgeous - one of my favorites I think! I love the color of the spinel and I love the setting!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It's perfect :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!!!! I''m jealous... I need a new lovely!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....AWESOME ALL THE WAY AROUND....I''M IN LOVE....
30.gif

Lori

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Oh so beautiful!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It''s just gorgeous!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Draw dropping gorgeous in every way!! The faceting on that stone looks like an OEC. The setting is AMAZING. The profile shot about did me in. Love that it comes up like a bridge. Very unique!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!
30.gif
I love color of the spinel and the diamond halo is both romantic and so sparkly.

Lisa

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bling addict .Your ring is to die for!!! Seriously stunning.
As a fellow Aussie who visits Melbourne lots would you mind sharing your jeweller. It is fine to do this I believe.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
omigosh! My mouth is watering! Me want, me want!!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 7:42:08 AM
Author: arjunajane
Sheesh!
BA, its simply Stunning !

The stone, the ring, its perfection sweety!

May I ask who made the setting, it looks very well crafted..
And the stone looks like the facets of an OEC - is that what you were aiming for?

I totally love it, congrats!
36.gif
30.gif
I totally agree, Dan''s round cut makes the stone looks like the facet of an OEC. I have a spess that is cut by him and I had always thought it looks like the facets of an OEC. This is a gorgeous ring, it is lovely! Congrats!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW that is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

Congratulations, and seriously, I LOVE the ring - the stone''s lovely and the setting is perfect for it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That cut is absolutely stunning and it really goes well wil the setting!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is one beautiful ring, I love it.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!

I love that color of blue... it''s almost like... a soft worn denim color!

What is that setting called? I like how it has room for a band to sit!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s GORGEOUS - LOVE the color of the spinel, the setting, everything. What a fabulous anniversary present!!
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the cut of that stone!! It''s just perfect in that setting too! What a wonderful gift!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat - Thank you - I too have a little collection of photos of rings I like for future projects
31.gif

Laurel25, Innerkitten, Tuckins, Loriken, Dancing Flame, Zoe B, Cushion Cut Nut, Lisa - thank you all for your lovely compliments
9.gif

KateBar - Thank you! the jeweller is called K and B Jewellers - and I really love their work, even though I have now moved to Queensland, I think I''ll try and use them still for future projects!

Moonwater, Simply Splendid, BEG, Mochi, Lt Firecracker, Erica R - Thank you for your compliments
1.gif

Lucky Texan - Thank you! The setting was custom made - I just provided different pictures - saying I like this this and this - and this was what I ended up with!
36.gif
36.gif

Amber G and Loves Vintage - thank you for your kind words!

I have been trying to get some better pics, but haven''t had a chance to see if any of them came out ok yet.

Thank you again ladies for your kind words - I hope I didn''t miss anyone - if I did - sorry and thank you!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh, it''s sooo gorgeous! I am absolutely green with envy!
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I was revisiting this thread and saw that I never posted! I love your ring and that spinel is to die for. I love how it looks like an OEC - makes me want one too. What cut did you request?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Just noticed this had been bumped up again and found myself drooling again - that ring is just so FABULOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 8:52:01 AM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 12/21/2008 7:42:08 AM
Author: arjunajane
Sheesh!
BA, its simply Stunning !

The stone, the ring, its perfection sweety!

May I ask who made the setting, it looks very well crafted..
And the stone looks like the facets of an OEC - is that what you were aiming for?

I totally love it, congrats!
36.gif
30.gif
I totally agree, Dan's round cut makes the stone looks like the facet of an OEC. I have a spess that is cut by him and I had always thought it looks like the facets of an OEC. This is a gorgeous ring, it is lovely! Congrats!
SS, do you know is this the case with Dan's standard round cut, the OEC look? Or is something special that he does?
I would love to ask for something similar to be cut..
TIA!

BA, I just have to say again how much I'm in love with your ring, and thankyou for posting the jewellers name. Maybe they'll work with me from Perth..
27.gif
5.gif

Just with the jeweller, do you have a street name or any other info you'd be happy to post? I can't seem to find them in google or whitepages..?

kjt

Rough_Rock
WOW!
gorgeous, I LOVE the colour of the stone, it''s so clear blue! very nice :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results