shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2024

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still deciding on mine pending on information from the bench I use in China.

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
To-Do List (carried over from 2023)

1) Make a record of my jewelry

2) Wear each piece I own at least once.

3) Sort through jewelry to pass along things I no longer wear, note needed repairs, gaps in collection, etc.

4) Get thicker chain for lab sapphire pendant

5) Upgrade diamonds on shield ring
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024 Wish List

6) A red gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats (rubellite?)

7) A purple gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats (purple umba garnet?)

8 )A yellow gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats

9) Another wedding set, lab diamonds, white gold

10) A thin white gold bangle bracelet, with small diamonds

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To-Do List (carried over from 2023)

1) Make a record of my jewelry

2) Wear each piece I own at least once.

3) Sort through jewelry to pass along things I no longer wear, note needed repairs, gaps in collection, etc.

4) Get thicker chain for lab sapphire pendant

5) Upgrade diamonds on shield ring
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024 Wish List

6) A red gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats (rubellite?)

7) A purple gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats (purple umba garnet?)

8 )A yellow gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats

9) Another wedding set, lab diamonds, white gold

10) A thin white gold bangle bracelet, with small diamonds

Great list!

The gems in the Wish List, do they need to be natural or would you consider lab created, as Gary of Finewater Gems has some great lab ones listed currently.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The gems in the Wish List, do they need to be natural or would you consider lab created, as Gary of Finewater Gems has some great lab ones listed currently.

Thanks, DK. I was in lurve with lab gems but lately I'm leaning more toward mined ones. Will definitely take a peek though!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am debating whether to include holy grail items such as a Paraiba cab or not, as I would probably not be able to afford a good one unless I win big money playing the lottery!

One needs to have dreams, right?

DK :lol-2:

M

maru8888777

This is more of a desire than a plan, but I'd love a beautiful, statement gold necklace that was finely made... likely something antique or vintage for a big milestone celebration in 2024. Looking around now!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is more of a desire than a plan, but I'd love a beautiful, statement gold necklace that was finely made... likely something antique or vintage for a big milestone celebration in 2024. Looking around now!

I believe mine is likely to be a mix of achievable projects and wishful items that could only be realised with big lottery wins!

M

maru8888777

I believe mine is likely to be a mix of achievable projects and wishful items that could only be realised with big lottery wins!

Absolutely! Paraiba cab prices AND gold prices are through the roof!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am debating whether to include holy grail items such as a Paraiba cab or not, as I would probably not be able to afford a good one unless I win big money playing the lottery!

One needs to have dreams, right?

Personally, I get in enough trouble without including any dream items! :lol-2:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to take on DK168's method and chart my progress here. That way, I'll be less likely to forget about it again.

I'm starting on 2024 now and making good progress on #3. I got a big head start because I recently de-cluttered. Today, husband and I each fixed a broken jewelry item. And I separated out four pearl strands that need restringing, due to blackened gimp.

I also ordered a big rubellite from Starlanka, last night. That will be #6 crossed off, if it's a keeper. :)

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Second half of the year I'll figure out how to set my 4.16 ct J, VS1 lab diamond with (hopefully) strong blue nuance.

Might get a ring made for my spouse with lab padparadscha sapphires in blackened platinum.

That's it for me for 2024..... probably.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
M

maru8888777

Hold over from 2023:

Finding and buying the watch of my dreams (money has been saved and systems have been engaged, lol. It is a Bulgari serpenti that has recently been discontinued, so I am on a search to find it and buy it. It is not available in my country but I have a bunch of travel lined up for next year… so wish me luck!)

2024 wish list:

1) diamond inside-out hoops in WG: we’re going at least 20-30pts per stone, and a hoop that is ~2” in diameter. This will be the expensive project for this year!

2) emerald ring: something unusual, maybe even vintage. This is a good to have, not a must have!

3) RG band: I already have a really pretty semi-thick two-tone band and a thick WG cigar band. I’d like to close out my collection with an RG or RG/WG semi-thick two tone band, but currently I’m just exploring my options.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hold over from 2023:

Finding and buying the watch of my dreams (money has been saved and systems have been engaged, lol. It is a Bulgari serpenti that has recently been discontinued, so I am on a search to find it and buy it. It is not available in my country but I have a bunch of travel lined up for next year… so wish me luck!)

2024 wish list:

1) diamond inside-out hoops in WG: we’re going at least 20-30pts per stone, and a hoop that is ~2” in diameter. This will be the expensive project for this year!

2) emerald ring: something unusual, maybe even vintage. This is a good to have, not a must have!

3) RG band: I already have a really pretty semi-thick two-tone band and a thick WG cigar band. I’d like to close out my collection with an RG or RG/WG semi-thick two tone band, but currently I’m just exploring my options.

Have you seen the inside out hoops that WF made for @AGBF, they are GORGEOUS!

WF AGBF's Hoops

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few loose stones to set this year but I’ve been waiting for inspiration to strike!

I finally have money saved up for a two tone watch- still deciding for sure what I want!

I’d also love a pearl and gold chain bracelet, something really chunky and cool.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a blue sapphire ring for 2024 and an asscher diamond band. I've been searching awhile but I'm really picky right now, and then there's the nagging feeling that I won't actually wear the sapphire ring. I will definitely wear an asscher band though.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
My 2024 will be more "To-Do list" than "Wish list". 2023 was full of very impulsive purchases, and I need to slow down and smell the roses a bit more.
My big project will be revising this moval cluster.
95aca869db06b52a15dfc7691ce1cc96.jpg
I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I definitely want to rotate the cluster E-W, but I don't know if I just give it a classic shank like this, have the prongs retipped, and call it a day:
1701192461901.png
or if I go all out, with a completely new setting in this vein:
1701192502668.png
If I go for the full reset, it would probably be with Caysie. Modest overhaul would probably use DK.

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
- Set a jade cabochon in a ring with little baguette cut diamonds.

- Make a pendant with an opal. Or two pendants with opals...?

- I am obsessing over black opals so I will see if I buy a couple of them in 2024.

I am looking at my collection of cabochons wanting to set more of them so I will try to be good and not buy more faceted stones in 2024. :???:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apart from a Paraiba cabochon, there is one more CS on my Wish List, and that is the 2.03ct pear Mahenge Spinel as seen in Finewater Gems' site.

I have seen this gem in person when I met up with Gary for a coffee when I was in Tucson earlier this year, and it is gorgeous IRL.

DK =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about (just thinking) getting a beautiful big emerald cut lab diamond. I am hesitating just because I am not sure lab cut is mind clean for me yet. But I am considering it :)

Adding I know nothing about emerald cut diamonds and even less about lab cut diamonds so if I do decide to go for it I will enlist the help of knowledgeable PSers. I know better than just to go by what is pleasing to my (uneducated about emerald cut diamonds) eye

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hesitating just because I am not sure lab cut is mind clean for me yet. But I am considering it :)

I am using LGDs in ring settings, now that the bench I use in China can get hold of them more easily and at good prices.

A couple of years ago, they were not able to get hold of LGD baguettes, only MRBs.

They still can't get hold of LGD OECs yet.

Still can't get a significant single LGD yet as I do not wish to spend my own money to get a LGD bigger than my earth-mined 1.19ct EC as it is special with a sob story attached to it.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Wishlist for 2024:

1- enjoy the pieces that I own and try to throw myself into a new less expensive hobby. Easier said than done.

2- I’ve been tossing around the idea of selling both of my old mine cut diamond rings and putting it towards one larger (5 ct ish) OMC. I can’t seem to make a decision on this and feel nervous about selling them. I hope to make a decision this year to go for it or toss it out of my mind because I’m sick of thinking about it.

3- I hope to find my brown diamond. Preferably either an antique marquise or Moval but open to an enlongated antique cushion.

4- Set one of my loose gemstones in a ring or pendant. I would love to make this my first Cvb piece. I’m torn between my Jeff white tourmaline or my antique cushion cut Umba sapphire.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t revoke my PS membership, but I think I’m at the stage where I really can’t think of anything else I want or need. I already have so much stuff I don’t wear. The only thing I ‘might’ do, is have my AAAA Tanzanites reset in to white metal, then I might actually wear them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine, even though the piggy bank is unlikely to allow me to indulge in my bling habit, however, one has to dream, and I shall continue to play the lottery! :lol-2:

In no particular order:

1. Paraiba Cabochon - the only CS I really, really want!
2. Re-make the Petalite earring drops by replacing the stone with another more sparkly stone or replace the drop with another design completely such as another articulated halo with a lab grown diamond (LGD) pear drop.
3. Bigger diamond earring jackets for the near 1cttw earth-mined diamond (EMD) studs. The studs are sentimental as they were given to me by my mum nearly 50y ago!
4. Set the 17.8mm round Danburite cut by Jeff White (JW) in 2015/6 into a pearl clasp to take different strands of pearls.
5. A strand of blue Tahitians - 12-14mm.
6. A strand of blue lavender Edisons - 12-14mm.
7. A double strand of silver grey/blue baroque Akoyas - 7-8mm.
8. Get a cage made for the blue gas/soufflé South Sea baroque pearl that I purchased from Kevin of Pearl of Joy in 2016 when I was in LA.
9. Set more of the JW's coloured stones.
10. Set the JW Aquamarine into a pearl clasp that can take multiple strands.
11. Another watch, the Ebel Beluga Tranche.
12. Set the big blue green JW Tourmaline in a brooch-pendant or a ring-pendant.
13. Set more of the other precision cut CSs such as the oval natural blue Topaz cut by Doug M of Bespoke Gems and the lab blue Asscher cut Sapphire cut by Gary of Finewater Gems.
14. Paved diamond puffed heart pendant 1in/25mm without the bail.
15. Anything from Chopard's Happy Diamonds or Happy Heart collections, like a bangle or a pendant.
16. A chunky Rhodium-plated silver curb chain to go with the interchangeable clasps.

I would be happy if I could tick off just one item from the list!

Setting the Danburite as an interchangeable pearl clasp would probably be the first and only one that can be achieved realistically at present, and I have 2 strands of pearls waiting in the wings to be converted to fit as re-stringing should not cost an arm and a leg!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results