shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2024

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about (just thinking) getting a beautiful big emerald cut lab diamond. I am hesitating just because I am not sure lab cut is mind clean for me yet. But I am considering it :)

Adding I know nothing about emerald cut diamonds and even less about lab cut diamonds so if I do decide to go for it I will enlist the help of knowledgeable PSers. I know better than just to go by what is pleasing to my (uneducated about emerald cut diamonds) eye

Dress rehearsal. I think I prefer a fatter emerald cut

IMG_4573.jpeg

#notrealdiamond

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
A lot of great ideas here, and I'm looking forward to updates of all the planned beauties.

My To Do list:

1. I have been in collecting/buying mode for way to long, and it's time for a reality check. I need to go through my jewelry and finally decide what I am going to part with, even though that hasn't been my strong suit recently.

2. Find a trusted local jeweler to fix and size pieces that I know I want to keep, so I can start wearing and enjoying them.

3. Purchase a platinum (or 18kt white gold) chain that best compliments a pendant I would like to start wearing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updated list, added 2 more items - a girl with a bling habit has to dream! :lol-2:

1. Paraiba Cabochon - the only CS I really, really want!
2. Re-make the Petalite earring drops by replacing the stone with another more sparkly stone or replace the drop with another design completely such as another articulated halo with a lab grown diamond (LGD) pear drop.
3. Bigger diamond earring jackets for the near 1cttw earth-mined diamond (EMD) studs. The studs are sentimental as they were given to me by my mum nearly 50y ago!
4. Set the 17.8mm round Danburite cut by Jeff White (JW) in 2015/6 into a pearl clasp to take different strands of pearls.
5. A strand of blue Tahitians - 12-14mm.
6. A strand of blue lavender Edisons - 12-14mm.
7. A double strand of silver grey/blue baroque Akoyas - 7-8mm.
8. Get a cage made for the blue gas/soufflé South Sea baroque pearl that I purchased from Kevin of Pearl of Joy in 2016 when I was in LA.
9. Set more of the JW's coloured stones.
10. Set the JW Aquamarine into a pearl clasp that can take multiple strands.
11. Another watch, the Ebel Beluga Tranche.
12. Set the big blue green JW Tourmaline in a brooch-pendant or a ring-pendant.
13. Set more of the other precision cut CSs such as the oval natural blue Topaz cut by Doug M of Bespoke Gems and the lab blue Asscher cut Sapphire cut by Gary of Finewater Gems.
14. Paved diamond puffed heart pendant 1in/25mm without the bail.
15. Anything from Chopard's Happy Diamonds or Happy Heart collections, like a bangle or a pendant.
16. A chunky Rhodium-plated silver curb chain to go with the interchangeable clasps.
17. The pearl cut 2.03ct Mahenge Spinel from Gary at Finewater Gems.
18. A grand Art Deco inspired diamond bracelet with LGD.

DK :))

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168
That’s a pretty long list, lol
Add 2 more to make it 20 :)

Why do I not have any list?
How strange :confused:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168
That’s a pretty long list, lol
Add 2 more to make it 20 :)

Why do I not have any list?
How strange :confused:

One has to dream, and I shall always have a bling wishlist!

DK :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally believe the stone looks good on your hand, perhaps with a wider shank.

DK :kiss2:

Thank you!
Wearing it this morning

Excuse the crooked bands, Greg’s driving fast lol.
I like this look now with the multiple bands

IMG_4779.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying to find my bling wish list from over the years - and could not find any!

The last few years have been slow in terms of bling and probably will be for the next few years unless we sell our investment property.

In saying that... I have been forever toying with the idea if I had extra funds... what would you do?

1. Upgrade my OMC.. an OMC/OEC that is at least 10mm/5cts is on the list

OR

2. Spend the funds on a few pieces:
  • A Cartier love bracelet/cuff
  • Riviere necklace 12ctw
  • Tennis bracelet 6ctw
  • Lab grown diamond earrings 4ctw
  • Lab grown oval diamond 6ct ish
  • Custom antique inspired bangle (this might not make the list with the budget)

I don't know if lab diamonds are mind clean for me yet. This also might be my bling wishlist for 2025 hahaha.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGDs are growing on me, not as a main stone, however definitely as side stones etc..

I used them in the latest rings I commissioned, as big as 3.5mm in a cluster design with a pink Sapphire as the centre stone.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
LGDs are growing on me, not as a main stone, however definitely as side stones etc..

I used them in the latest rings I commissioned, as big as 3.5mm in a cluster design with a pink Sapphire as the centre stone.

That's good to know! I think as earrings, I could probably get away with them. But a 6ct lab diamond ring? I am sure everyone would think it was fake haha. I also don't know how much I love modern cuts so that's also a dilemma. I would not buy a lab grown antique style diamonds.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
1. I have some loose emeralds I should set into earrings. I have had them a few years.

2. i have some loose stones- sapphire, spinel, tsav, that I'd like to make cobblestone disc pendant and probably have enough stones for earrings to go with it. I have about 10 carats of stones and if I use some melee diamonds, they'll go further.

3. I have a couple old projects with Sako, including a fully paid item he still has. It's an old cut diamond bow brooch I bought over two years ago and he needs to cut a lab sapphire for the center. I don't intend to actually keep it anymore and it would end up with a consignment vendor, but I think I should actually take possession.

I do like some of the VCA earrings but I think it's above my comfort level and I don't like the sales/marketing tactics.

Part of me would like to see if I can actually do a purchase free year too.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I made a mistake in this post - the LGDs in the Pink Sapphire flower cluster ring was 4.5mm, DOH!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
To-Do List (carried over from 2023)

1) Make a record of my jewelry

2) Wear each piece I own at least once.

3) Sort through jewelry to pass along things I no longer wear, note needed repairs, gaps in collection, etc.

4) Get thicker chain for lab sapphire pendant

5) Upgrade diamonds on shield ring
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024 Wish List

6) A red gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats (rubellite?)

7) A purple gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats (purple umba garnet?)

8 )A yellow gem for eventual ring, five-plus carats

9) Another wedding set, lab diamonds, white gold

10) A thin white gold bangle bracelet, with small diamonds

I have my three planned gems for 2024, if we are considering online shopping an "accomplishment." (Of course we are!) :lol-2:

Purple- violet purple umba garnet. 5.x carats. To be recut.
Yellow- lab sapphire. A tad under 5 carats but I'll take it.
Red- rubellite. About 8 carats. To be recut.

3 gems.jpg

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
I have my three planned gems for 2024, if we are considering online shopping an "accomplishment." (Of course we are!) :lol-2:

Purple- violet purple umba garnet. 5.x carats. To be recut.
Yellow- lab sapphire. A tad under 5 carats but I'll take it.
Red- rubellite. About 8 carats. To be recut.

3 gems.jpg

Beautiful finds! You didn't let any grass grow under your feet.

You've inspired me, I am going to take 2 pieces, that I've never worn before. (one needs to be sized, and one needs a repair) to a local jeweler today. I hope it goes well as this is my first time trying a local jeweler.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
larima
ive had an interesting jurney with larima so far
ended up with some dyed quartz
i need the NZ dollar to strengthen

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Love everyone’s lists so far.

Last year’s thread actually kept me on track so maybe this year’s thread will help, too. :lol:

1. Reset a diamond necklace. The dbty style is not for me due to the flipping. Don’t know if the reset will be a bracelet or necklace.

2. Redesign my mother’s emerald ring. The shank is broken and side diamonds have fallen out. The emerald is small (4mm?) and not the best quality but the ring was Mom’s so it will get VIP treatment.

3. Complete my collection of traditional shapes in EGD! I like smaller stones so this goal is totally achievable in 2024.
3a. Heart
3b. Pear

Also I have two pieces in production and one en route so 2024 will be bling-blessed no matter what.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!
Wearing it this morning

Excuse the crooked bands, Greg’s driving fast lol.
I like this look now with the multiple bands

IMG_4779.jpeg

Can’t wait to see if you pursue this project. You are an elegant lady and an emerald ring would suit you.

dagongren

Rough_Rock
My wish list of 2024:
1.A diamond tennis necklace, probably with lab diamonds since they are cheaper. 5ctw +
2.A 1ct + emerald ring
3.A 2ct+ purple/violet unheated sapphire
4.The aquamarine morganite mixed color earring I had wanted for more than 6months
5. An icy jadeite ring with center stone 8mm+ diameter
And that's probably it. I do have other wishes but will have to put off to next year.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2024 will be more "To-Do list" than "Wish list". 2023 was full of very impulsive purchases, and I need to slow down and smell the roses a bit more.
My big project will be revising this moval cluster.
95aca869db06b52a15dfc7691ce1cc96.jpg
I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I definitely want to rotate the cluster E-W, but I don't know if I just give it a classic shank like this, have the prongs retipped, and call it a day:
1701192461901.png
or if I go all out, with a completely new setting in this vein:
1701192502668.png
If I go for the full reset, it would probably be with Caysie. Modest overhaul would probably use DK.

That is stunning! Do you have a thread for this beauty!! And more pictures please!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not even on the list for 2024, however, I have sinned and put the deposit down to secure the rough of a blue-green Emerald that should cut an emerald cut stone around 2.4 to 3.8ct.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It's not even on the list for 2024, however, I have sinned and put the deposit down to secure the rough of a blue-green Emerald that should cut an emerald cut stone around 2.4 to 3.8ct.

We HAVE to see this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results