shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2023

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
Oof, 2023 will be an interesting bling year, since I'm still waiting on things from last year!

- I hope for my OMC/peruzzi diamond ring to be done sometime in the first half of 2023.

- Get an approcimately 1 carat, near colorless, VS clarity OEC.

- Set a star sapphire in platinum with a pair of new, custom French cut diamonds. I have bought the stones already so I just have to get the ball rolling sometime this year.

- Garnet. I could add more rhodolite or demantoid to my collection. :evil2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think my list is going to be simple this year since I got a big old rock in 2022.
  1. A chunky gold chain necklace
  2. Light blue sapphire studs
  3. Cartier Trinity RHR
  4. 3-3.5mm 18k YG wedding band
And if I have more budget than I think…I want a nice watch (loving the IWC portugieser), Cartier Love bangle in YG or to reset my OMC but no rush on any of these.

One thing I’ve learned with resets, resales and impulse buys is that this isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon. I’d rather buy less and know exactly what I want…

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a “collector’s” watch, I’m afraid! I consider watches jewelry and my favourites reflect that desire.

Debating between the VCA guilloche bracelet watch and the Bulgari Serpenti full pave!

Attached pics of both below. They’re roughly the same price so I’ll save up for it and decide once I can try them both on (I don’t live in a place with a VCA).

Any thoughts btw? All opinions welcome!

251D0F01-1737-40DF-A4A4-C33A660AC9E3.jpeg D1953A27-AA6A-4E56-8893-4C36A71D2B1C.jpeg

Honestly I think you’ll wear the Bulgari watch more. Feels more watch-like.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I held off putting this out there but I have one jewelry item in my list and it will a miracle if I can stick to just this. (My studs do not count since I got those in 2022. LOL). VCA WG pave frivole earrings. That is it. I also want the sweet pave bracelet but that will be 2024, so I can be sure I want it.

But I do feel a strange craving to beef up my bag collection. Must stop. Except one bag that has been haunting me. After that, one VCA piece only. MUST FOLLOW RESOLUTION.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I held off putting this out there but I have one jewelry item in my list and it will a miracle if I can stick to just this. (My studs do not count since I got those in 2022. LOL). VCA WG pave frivole earrings. That is it. I also want the sweet pave bracelet but that will be 2024, so I can be sure I want it.

But I do feel a strange craving to beef up my bag collection. Must stop. Except one bag that has been haunting me. After that, one VCA piece only. MUST FOLLOW RESOLUTION.

What bag are you craving??? :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What bag are you craving??? :appl:

Hi @MamaBee - unfortunately Too many to count. I had culled my old LV collection and have only a few from years ago. And now as the word is getting back to normal and I’m going out I am loving how practical LV has gotten and want to replenish. When I get my next one I’ll post a quick pic. Don’t want to derail this thread. :)

Honestly I think you’ll wear the Bulgari watch more. Feels more watch-like.

I agree with you, though apparently Bulgari is phasing this particular watch model out so I may not be able to get it. Which would be a real shame.

Oh well. I’ll save up and then I’ll see :D

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I would really like this year is a pair of lab diamond studs. My previous studs were WF ACAs, but I reset them into my 5 stone engagement ring. I'd never spring for that kind of money on earrings again, but I miss them and wish to replace them. I'm all about lab stones for these, as I tend to change my earrings frequently.

AntiqueFreak

Rough_Rock
I feel very contented with my jewelry, and have realized I wear the same thing every day and with every outfit. I have a small list of items I am hoping to add to round my staples out.

-Solid 14k rose gold bangle (with or without diamonds)
- 1.5ctw 14k rose gold tennis bracelet (I like how casual the lower carat weight is, matches my style)
-14k rose gold Roman numeral and emerald wedding band to go with Big Mama.

Undecided setting goals that could wait a year:
-Set my .61 carat diamond that I inherited from my parents from their 16th anniversary.
-Set my unheated, untreated montana sapphire.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock

I have exact same piece as you @LLJsmom on my 2023 wish list.
In fact I had only 2 on my list (ER upgrade) & DH was too quick to fulfil my dream last month. So I am really contented & really hope I will stick to just having the VCA Frivole WG pave in small model, for the rest of the year.

I supposed small purchases aren’t counted right?
Be good anyway :twisted:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have exact same piece as you @LLJsmom on my 2023 wish list.
In fact I had only 2 on my list (ER upgrade) & DH was too quick to fulfil my dream last month. So I am really contented & really hope I will stick to just having the VCA Frivole WG pave in small model, for the rest of the year.

I supposed small purchases aren’t counted right?
Be good anyway :twisted:

I’m just torn about this piece. I want it but there is no reason for it. There is no hole in my collection for it to fill. I just want it. I will wait longer before I commit. Is there a spot in your collection that these earrings fill?

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I’m just torn about this piece. I want it but there is no reason for it. There is no hole in my collection for it to fill. I just want it. I will wait longer before I commit. Is there a spot in your collection that these earrings fill?

Many many spots available to be filled up, lol
I am new to VCA, started with 2 pieces in RG last year.
Frequently hear VCA WG pave is divine & tdf, that’s why ;)2 Of course Frivole really looks very good on my lobe.
Shall see if I can find a photo.....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it! Their pave is just…
C57AEB2E-DB99-4855-AB90-93C229E40D87.jpeg
I don’t like the bottom showing but it is gorgeous. The things is if I want to wear pave to work I would wear the vintage pave that I have. This feels way too dressy for work. And I would more likely wear my studs which I have been doing. Diamond studs are great for work. So the Frivole are exactly for “just cause I want them”. Would I be better served with a Patek that I would wear a lot more of????

Last edited:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
My bling wishlist for 2023:
- Diamond tennis bracelet -
I found the perfect mined 4.5ctw bracelet online and ended up going with it versus getting a lab bracelet. It also saved $$$ to go the pre-owned route (although it came in perfect condition!). It's actually a 2 prong with a really hefty setting. The two prong also gives it more of a pyramid stud look (a la Cartier Clash). I've got this one tucked away until a special occasion.

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 4.42.14 PM.png

- Sapphire ring:
The inspiration for this is @peas-and-carats 's TO DIE FOR sapphire halo ring. I either want it as a halo with those lovely shared prongs, or as a three stone. I'm thinking slightly more violet-blue in color, but I'm debating if I want a true velvet blue.

e6bd9c20b3458f111b75a9ca5481f99a.jpg

41a7771bcafd3a9f9dae6b2350e2026c.jpg

- Ruby or spinel ring: Open to reddish pink spinel, ruby or some other pink-red ring. Setting TBD.

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 4.49.14 PM.png

- Diamond hoop earrings: My husband's mentioned he'd like to get me some "power hoops" - carat weight TBD. We'll have to see what looks best in person.

bc3289d03486f3425fe5e7df4912ff7f.jpg

- Finishing my "Angelina Jolie" Emerald Earrings: I have the studs, but need to get the bottom dangles. And/or I'm considering switching to a tsavorite suite for this project.

1676758095530.png

Things I've bought not on my wishlist:

- Victor Canera U-Cut Pave Eternity Band: :bigsmile: it was a great deal on eBay and I couldn't resist.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2022 is drawing to a close, and it is time for me to start a wish list for 2023, in no particular order:
  1. A Paraiba cabochon
  2. A strand of blue Tahitian pearls 12-14mm
  3. A heart cut diamond about 1ct to be set as a right hand ring
  4. A paved diamond puff heart pendant about 1in/2.54cm in size without the bail (I kicked myself for selling the one I had)
  5. A statement diamond bracelet about 25mm in width or wider in an Art Deco inspired design
  6. More significant Interchangeable diamond earring dangles
  7. Another Ebel Beluga watch with more diamonds
  8. A pair of 11mm WSS drop-shaped pearls for earring dangles
  9. A pair of 11mm Tahitian drop-shaped pearls for earring dangles
  10. Larger earring jackets for my 1cttw MRB studs
  11. A Princess cut bar set diamond tennis bracelet about 2.5mm in size
  12. Set a set of 6 Ruby cabochons my mum has given me into a brooch pendant
  13. Set my nicer precision cut CS stones

A Q1 review now that we are in Q2:

6. is completed, and I have 2 sets of interchangeable earring dangles being made and should be with me in time for the coronation celebrations.

9. is completed in that I picked out a pair of 11mm Tahitian drops from a vendor when I was in Tucson earlier this year.

DK :))

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s always fun to revisit. I keep trimming my list down so I can focus on fewer, nicer things. Hope to purchase in this order…

1. Frivole mini VCA studs, yellow gold

2. Moonphase watch with leather strap. Latest faves are Cartier ballon Bleu and Blancpain Villeret

3. Sapphire yellow gold necklace. I’ve been coveting light blue sapphires cut by Top notch faceting or Glenn preus

4. Reset my OMC. All I’ve nailed down is “yellow gold” :lol:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
It’s always fun to revisit. I keep trimming my list down so I can focus on fewer, nicer things. Hope to purchase in this order…

1. Frivole mini VCA studs, yellow gold

2. Moonphase watch with leather strap. Latest faves are Cartier ballon Bleu and Blancpain Villeret

3. Sapphire yellow gold necklace. I’ve been coveting light blue sapphires cut by Top notch faceting or Glenn preus

4. Reset my OMC. All I’ve nailed down is “yellow gold” :lol:

I’m surprised you’re thinking to reset your OMC! Could you tell us more about that?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m surprised you’re thinking to reset your OMC! Could you tell us more about that?

I had always considered it a temp setting and wanted to see how it looked in a bezel! There are just so many styles and designers I like.

I’m also finding the big gap pinches when my fingers swell. It’s not so uncomfortable I can’t wear it, but I reach for it less when it’s warm ;(

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
1. Might buy a starter oval. Goal is to end up somewhere around 9mm. Will take a while. I have one diamond from Blue Nile that I never wear that I can use for seed.

2. Other than that, I need a white gold curved band but it does not need to be expensive so I will probably achieve that one.

Have been wanting to make my 3-stone ring a five-stone band for a while. Went with that this year so will move the curved WG band back to 2024.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof, 2023 will be an interesting bling year, since I'm still waiting on things from last year!

- I hope for my OMC/peruzzi diamond ring to be done sometime in the first half of 2023.

- Get an approcimately 1 carat, near colorless, VS clarity OEC.

- Set a star sapphire in platinum with a pair of new, custom French cut diamonds. I have bought the stones already so I just have to get the ball rolling sometime this year.

- Garnet. I could add more rhodolite or demantoid to my collection. :evil2:

I can't wait to see your Peruzzi diamond ring most of all! Jewels by Grace has one on their website and the video of the diamond looks amazing. They are such beautiful diamonds.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Have been wanting to make my 3-stone ring a five-stone band for a while. Went with that this year so will move the curved WG band back to 2024.

Spoke too soon… ordered a 14k white gold band. It is a relatively minor purchase and will fill a needed gap in the collection.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just stepping back and taking stock. Bought the small pave frivole earrings, and returned them. I thought they were absolutely beautiful, amazing, but they didn't feel like me. :cry: I really really wanted to feel so certain when I put them on. Anyhoo, I returned them and felt no regret. And I don't wish for them anymore. I moved my 2024 purchase to 2023, sweet alhambra pave 6 motif, and worked right into my rotation. I wear it all the time, and it's low stress and easy, exactly what I wanted. I already know what I want for 2024, single row perlee ring in WG. We'll see if that changes when 2024 rolls around. Other than that, I really need to be disciplined for the remainder of this year.

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
Oh man I really went overboard and strayed from my wishlist this year. I’m hoping to keep myself under control a bit more this coming year. That being said; I’m currently in the gemstone buying mood and have my eye on numerous loose stones.

1- Something green. I want a big bold gemstone that matches my husband’s business logo. Emerald (trying to warm up to the idea of lab), tourmaline, tsavorite? I’m not sure yet. Hubby suggested it so this will probably be my number 1 project.

2- A luxury watch. Thinking Cartier tank or Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso. Hubby thinks Rolex but I kinda want something low profile.

3- A chrysoberyl that makes my heart sing

4- Asscher cut gemstone from Gene, Gary, or Jeff.

5- Set my Umba sapphire that should be arriving sometime this week. I have high hopes for it and I’m thinking a chunky halo of rose cut diamonds.

Love a Cartier watch. Which one are you thinking?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2022 is drawing to a close, and it is time for me to start a wish list for 2023, in no particular order:
  1. A Paraiba cabochon
  2. A strand of blue Tahitian pearls 12-14mm
  3. A heart cut diamond about 1ct to be set as a right hand ring
  4. A paved diamond puff heart pendant about 1in/2.54cm in size without the bail (I kicked myself for selling the one I had)
  5. A statement diamond bracelet about 25mm in width or wider in an Art Deco inspired design
  6. More significant Interchangeable diamond earring dangles - COMPLETED
  7. Another Ebel Beluga watch with more diamonds
  8. A pair of 11mm WSS drop-shaped pearls for earring dangles - COMPLETED
  9. A pair of 11mm Tahitian drop-shaped pearls for earring dangles - COMPLETED
  10. Larger earring jackets for my 1cttw MRB studs
  11. A Princess cut bar set diamond tennis bracelet about 2.5mm in size
  12. Set a set of 6 Ruby cabochons my mum has given me into a brooch pendant
  13. Set my nicer precision cut CS stones - COMPLETED
That should do for next year, and I hope to tick a few of them off the list in December 2023!

How about anyone else?

Year End 2023 review as we are fast approaching December!

Items 6, 8, 9 and 13 have been completed.

For No. 6, I now have 2 sets of CSs dangles for my tiny EMD huggies, a pair of Aquamarine and a pair of Petalite. However, I may re-make the Petalite pair with different dangles as the stones are a bit too dull and lacking in sparkles for my liking.

For No. 8 and 9, I now have a pair of Tahitians that I picked out myself at Tucson in February 2023, and the most recently a WSS pair from pearlzaustralia; in addition to the Takahashi mis-matched pair that I already have.

For No. 13, two of my JW CSs are being set, CADs approved, and I should have them in hand later this month or early next month, definitely before the year is out according to the bench I use in China.

Looking forward to contributing Bling Wishlist 2024!

Most of my bling fund money this year will have to be saved, as I want to buy myself a really nice watch soon! Either this year or the next.

Other than the watch, I want to do a pair of long, whimsical, asymmetric coloured stone earrings if I can (have already collected most of the stones I need) and perhaps an emerald ring (I love emeralds).

Update:

- money for the watch has been saved but the watch itself isn’t easily available - it’s been discontinued :cry: so the hunt is on!

- the coloured stone earrings are done :dance:

- emerald ring has been postponed for a future time!

I have major plans for 2024, though!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I would really like this year is a pair of lab diamond studs. My previous studs were WF ACAs, but I reset them into my 5 stone engagement ring. I'd never spring for that kind of money on earrings again, but I miss them and wish to replace them. I'm all about lab stones for these, as I tend to change my earrings frequently.

Earrings are purchased and tucked away until Christmas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results