shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2023

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2022 is drawing to a close, and it is time for me to start a wish list for 2023, in no particular order:
  1. A Paraiba cabochon
  2. A strand of blue Tahitian pearls 12-14mm
  3. A heart cut diamond about 1ct to be set as a right hand ring
  4. A paved diamond puff heart pendant about 1in/2.54cm in size without the bail (I kicked myself for selling the one I had)
  5. A statement diamond bracelet about 25mm in width or wider in an Art Deco inspired design
  6. More significant Interchangeable diamond earring dangles
  7. Another Ebel Beluga watch with more diamonds
  8. A pair of 11mm WSS drop-shaped pearls for earring dangles
  9. A pair of 11mm Tahitian drop-shaped pearls for earring dangles
  10. Larger earring jackets for my 1cttw MRB studs
  11. A Princess cut bar set diamond tennis bracelet about 2.5mm in size
  12. Set a set of 6 Ruby cabochons my mum has given me into a brooch pendant
  13. Set my nicer precision cut CS stones
That should do for next year, and I hope to tick a few of them off the list in December 2023!

How about anyone else?

DK :))

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Whats top 3 out of your list?

There’s a couple of pendants I’m looking at from DBL, you know… a little something to go with my new wedding set from them. I haven’t made a thread yet

. I would like to take my great great grandmothers stone out of the current setting it’s in and make something else out it. I don’t buy and I tell my fiancé not to buy me expensive earrings because I always loose one. It’s just a matter of time.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Nice list!! I like hearts, too.

My dream list:

- Jade bead necklace
- Jade ring
- Tahitian circled peacock pearl necklace
- Tiffany yellow gold knot bangle
- Cartier trinity ring

:)

I also want a Hamilton watch that has diamonds.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man I really went overboard and strayed from my wishlist this year. I’m hoping to keep myself under control a bit more this coming year. That being said; I’m currently in the gemstone buying mood and have my eye on numerous loose stones.

1- Something green. I want a big bold gemstone that matches my husband’s business logo. Emerald (trying to warm up to the idea of lab), tourmaline, tsavorite? I’m not sure yet. Hubby suggested it so this will probably be my number 1 project.

2- A luxury watch. Thinking Cartier tank or Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso. Hubby thinks Rolex but I kinda want something low profile.

3- A chrysoberyl that makes my heart sing

4- Asscher cut gemstone from Gene, Gary, or Jeff.

5- Set my Umba sapphire that should be arriving sometime this week. I have high hopes for it and I’m thinking a chunky halo of rose cut diamonds.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SandraLynn the top one is a Paraiba cabochon, and I am hoping I could find a nice one when I am in Tucson next year.

Then larger jackets for my existing studs.

Then perhaps earring dangles.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
It’s so much fun to see Pricescopers projects, and to live vicariously through them! :mrgreen2: Looking forward to lots of bling photos in 2023.

I haven’t decided on what I’d like for 2023. I try not to think ahead too much - I’m so old I don’t even buy green bananas

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m pretty boring. I gave a friend of mine my 1ctw moissanite six prong studs. I THINK I would like a 1 ctw or a little bit more mined diamond studs set in six prong settings by David Klass. I already have beautiful 3.04 ctw VVS2 G color mined diamond studs..In addition I also have my first pair of studs..1.90 ctw…They are SI2s..but are completely eye clean. I had David Klass set them in beautiful bezel settings. He thought one of them may be a Yehuda diamond..That’s became a mind clean thing to me..I’m going to to take them to an appraiser to see if that one diamond is Yehuda treated. They’ve been appraised many times...but no one ever said one of them was CE..Maybe David was wrong..Anyway…….I would like another pair of really nice studs..but much smaller for very low key days. Sorry for the blabber..haha
A slim mined diamond bracelet would be nice... I have a thicker mined diamond bezel bracelet..so a slim one would round out my bracelet collection. I also want David to milgrain my current diamond bezel bracelet. The bezel is thick. I think the milgrain will soften it up.
I may possibly want a mixed cut diamond band. I purchased a silver moissanite one to see if I would like it. I love it..so I think I would want one with mined diamonds...
That‘s it! :bigsmile:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, I did not get many of my wishes for 2022! But that's okay, they were boring anyway and I did get a couple of nice rings that were not on my list. :)

This will take some thought...

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh. This is going to be a sad bling-less year for me.
Hubby just graduated and the economy is piss-poor at the moment.

We are also throwing all our left over money (which is pennies at this point) into scuba gear and scuba trips.

Hubby promises that when he gets a job, I’ll get a nice big bling present. But I don’t know how realistic it is.

I’ll sit back and enjoy everyone else’s bling projects for 2023! Please, buy lots, okay people?! I need to live vicariously through you! <3

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
In 2022, I was looking at tennis necklaces and upon further investigation, decided it wasn't my style. They're not that easy to wear and draw a lot of attention. I'm too used to regarding them as evening wear to be able to pull off casually. The layered daytime look, although chic, seemed a bit too complicated for my taste.

I did get to knock off one major thing on my list and that was a solid handcrafted 6mm x 2mm brushed & hammered gold cuff that I love to throw on every day.

Keeping my 2023 list short & sweet & pragmatic:
1) 1.5 - 2 ctw Super Ideal lab studs - I'll most likely finalize this before the end of the year. Choosing lab bc I lost a WF ACA stud recently. I was going to upgrade next year to around this size range but cannot justify dropping the resources on something that gets so easily lost.
2) 8mm OEC from Distinctive Gem, also lab, and then set into a pendant by an independent designer. Maybe surrounded by Grunberger melee. Omg. =o
3) Custom DBTY with ideal cut melee in platinum, still deciding on length; leaning toward a longgg 36" (go big or go home lol)
4) Something fun and totally impulsive. Idk, drop milgrain float-y bezel moissy earrings? I've been curious about the 'space diamond' and find myself genuinely liking the fire and rainbow/pastel light quality even though the scintillation is laggier than a diamond.

May everyone's bling dreams come true in the next year. =)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here's mine. As much as I know so far, anyway. If I can find a good local bench jeweler, that will take care of half my list. As far as anything new, aside from the two items below, I think I’ll start with wearing what I have more and seeing what, if anything, seems lacking. I might snatch up a couple of things that catch my eye too, though.

1 Go through jewelry for pieces to be de-cluttered, repaired or upgraded and prioritize, and wear every piece of (good and costume) jewelry at least once.

2 Find a local bench jeweler

3 Get shield ring modified, if possible, with better diamonds.

4 Get thicker chain for pink lab sapphire pendant

5 Finish ring in process (lab sapphire in pre-made 14k diamond setting). Get set and sized.

6 Finish jewelry record with photo etc. of each piece

7 Get out of jewelry jail!

8 Plain 14k yellow gold wedding band

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here's mine. As much as I know so far, anyway. If I can find a good local bench jeweler, that will take care of half my list. As far as anything new, aside from the two items below, I think I’ll start with wearing what I have more and seeing what, if anything, seems lacking. I might snatch up a couple of things that catch my eye too, though.

1 Go through jewelry for pieces to be de-cluttered, repaired or upgraded and prioritize, and wear every piece of (good and costume) jewelry at least once.

2 Find a local bench jeweler

3 Get shield ring modified, if possible, with better diamonds.

4 Get thicker chain for pink lab sapphire pendant

5 Finish ring in process (lab sapphire in pre-made 14k diamond setting). Get set and sized.

6 Finish jewelry record with photo etc. of each piece

7 Get out of jewelry jail!

8 Plain 14k yellow gold wedding band

I love #1 and #6 - I might try to do the same!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to add to the list that I am determined to find a pair of larger huggie earrings that suit my ears.

The inside-out pair I had made with 3mm Moissy were too wide and the back touches the back of my ear and it does not sit straight.

They are on their way back to the bench to repurpose into a pair of shorter and narrower oval huggies.

Other items on the way to the bench is an Asscher cut blue Zircon and a lab EC Emerald by Jeff W which will be the next stones to set, along with an oval natural blue Topaz and a pair of mis-match drops of Aquamarine and pink Tourmaline.

Also a pair of Aqua drops and a pair of Petalite drops to be set as interchangeable earring drops.

Most of my bling fund money this year will have to be saved, as I want to buy myself a really nice watch soon! Either this year or the next.

Other than the watch, I want to do a pair of long, whimsical, asymmetric coloured stone earrings if I can (have already collected most of the stones I need) and perhaps an emerald ring (I love emeralds).

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Most of my bling fund money this year will have to be saved, as I want to buy myself a really nice watch soon! Either this year or the next.

Other than the watch, I want to do a pair of long, whimsical, asymmetric coloured stone earrings if I can (have already collected most of the stones I need) and perhaps an emerald ring (I love emeralds).

Oh! I love watches. What kind of watch?

Oh! I love watches. What kind of watch?

Not a “collector’s” watch, I’m afraid! I consider watches jewelry and my favourites reflect that desire.

Debating between the VCA guilloche bracelet watch and the Bulgari Serpenti full pave!

Attached pics of both below. They’re roughly the same price so I’ll save up for it and decide once I can try them both on (I don’t live in a place with a VCA).

Any thoughts btw? All opinions welcome!

251D0F01-1737-40DF-A4A4-C33A660AC9E3.jpeg D1953A27-AA6A-4E56-8893-4C36A71D2B1C.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a “collector’s” watch, I’m afraid! I consider watches jewelry and my favourites reflect that desire.

Debating between the VCA guilloche bracelet watch and the Bulgari Serpenti full pave!

Attached pics of both below. They’re roughly the same price so I’ll save up for it and decide once I can try them both on (I don’t live in a place with a VCA).

251D0F01-1737-40DF-A4A4-C33A660AC9E3.jpeg D1953A27-AA6A-4E56-8893-4C36A71D2B1C.jpeg

Both are iconic and instantly recognisable if one is into jewellery and brands.

Personally, I would opt for the Bulgari as it is less frivolous than the VCA. Shame that it does not suit me as I lusted after one for ages.

I tried one on at a concession store at an airport recently, black face with diamond surround, full stainless steal bracelet that ticked all the boxes for me, and I could just about afford it.

Unfortunately, or perhaps I should say fortunately for my wallet, the bracelet is not designed for chunky wrist like mine. :cry2:

Life can be cruel sometimes!

DK :(2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Ebel watch that I am lusting after, I love the curvy bracelet of their Belugas, and have 2 of them already:

1670835456200.png

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last time I needed something was 1997 or was it earlier?
I started a want list in my mid teens and over the decades ticked everything off.
The only piece I think I want is a diamond and sapphire bracelet / bangle in white gold or platinum.
what I have been good at lately is listing unused items on eBay and every week changing my necklace, bracelet and right hand ring.
Sadly, thanks to a storm that saw 1,000,000,000 gallons of rain come down in 4 minutes, the guttering on the house decided to detach and fall. That was a loud bang, let me tell you!
so for Christmas I am now getting, yep, guttering.

Both are iconic and instantly recognisable if one is into jewellery and brands.

Personally, I would opt for the Bulgari as it is less frivolous than the VCA. Shame that it does not suit me as I lusted after one for ages.

I tried one on at a concession store at an airport recently, black face with diamond surround, full stainless steal bracelet that ticked all the boxes for me, and I could just about afford it.

Unfortunately, or perhaps I should say fortunately for my wallet, the bracelet is not designed for chunky wrist like mine. :cry2:

Life can be cruel sometimes!

DK :(2

I also really love the look of the black face, diamond surround, double tubogas (steel + RG) Serpenti! But I haven’t seen any of them in person yet. I’m holding off until I’m done saving :D

I’ve found myself leaning towards Bulgari the more I think about it. I think it fits my sense of personal style better.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sounds sad but I think I’m too old to be acquiring expensive (relatively speaking) jewelry. I’m going to turn down a large gift of mad money from my husband at Christmas which I normally look forward to... I’m going to get a pair of lab diamond earrings for Christmas. I do need a good watch though..My birthday is two weeks later..I may do the same..and just get a relatively inexpensive something as a tweak to what I already have. I would like to add migraine to a few pieces... That’s it..I wonder if I can really stop buying sparklies! I’ll go back to buying stuff for the house. I love decorating so trying to refocus. We will be moving as soon as we find a house. I’ll love decorating it and making it a home.

Last edited:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Honestly these styles are so different from each other- I think you will eventually need both! Haha! Have you tried them both on? I would let comfort decide.

Honestly these styles are so different from each other- I think you will eventually need both! Haha! Have you tried them both on? I would let comfort decide.

Hahaha I love the enabling! Well I will get both a VCA and a Bulgari watch eventually, but I definitely don’t see myself buying both of these, since they’re both quite expensive. If I get the pave Bulgari, I’ll get the single motif guilloche leather strap watch. If I get the bracelet guilloche watch, I’ll get the Serpenti tubogas with no pave; since they’re both fairly similar in price. I’ll attach photos here:

DE5B721F-2765-4847-9597-9B6B37D42BFC.jpeg B19B836B-932E-4CC5-A998-7A0BEEF04723.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sounds sad but I think I’m too old to be acquiring expensive (relatively speaking) jewelry. I’m going to turn down a large gift of mad money from my husband at Christmas which I normally look forward to... I’m going to get a pair of lab diamond earrings for Christmas. I do need a good watch though..My birthday is two weeks later..I may do the same..and just get a relatively inexpensive something as a tweak to what I already have. I would like to add migraine to a few pieces... That’s it..I wonder if I can really stop buying sparklies! I’ll go back to buying stuff for the house. I love decorating so trying to refocus. We will be moving as soon as we find a house. I’ll love decorating it and making it a home.

I wrote migraine instead of milgrain! Maybe that’s a sign I’m getting withdrawal already just talking about it! Hahaha!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote migraine instead of milgrain! Maybe that’s a sign I’m getting withdrawal already just talking about it! Hahaha!

I knew what you meant after reading it twice!

DK :lol-2:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

For me, this depends on several things:

—how much of a daily driver will this watch be vs a special occasion piece?
The VCA will be harder to read because the hands and the face are the same color. I haven’t seen this timepiece in person, but I have seen guilloche, and it is very shiny. It would not be my choice for an easily legible watch face. My first daily watch was a Rolex Datejust with a champagne face and champagne hands. It was very difficult to read.

From a legibility standpoint I am guessing the Bulgari will be easier to read because of the contrast of hands/face, however, the pave may lend enough shine to negate that. You would really need to see it in person.

However, if intended as a special occasion piece, that may not be as big a deal.

—Next, how do you want to wear a timepiece—loosely as in a bracelet, or more tightly? From what I have seen, the VCA piece would be worn more like a 5 motif, and while you can remove links from a 5 motif, I don’t know that you could from that watch. If not, I would be concerned that the watch face would end up on the bottom of your wrist as it would be heavier than the rest of the bracelet.

As someone who has a VCA 5 motif with pave, I will also add that if you cannot shorten it, consider whether the pave motifs flipping will bother you.

From photos, it appears that the Bulgari wears more tightly. Whether that’s a pro or con is down to individual preference, but the watch face would tend to be where you wanted it.

Hope that helps!

For me, this depends on several things:

—how much of a daily driver will this watch be vs a special occasion piece?
The VCA will be harder to read because the hands and the face are the same color. I haven’t seen this timepiece in person, but I have seen guilloche, and it is very shiny. It would not be my choice for an easily legible watch face. My first daily watch was a Rolex Datejust with a champagne face and champagne hands. It was very difficult to read.

From a legibility standpoint I am guessing the Bulgari will be easier to read because of the contrast of hands/face, however, the pave may lend enough shine to negate that. You would really need to see it in person.

However, if intended as a special occasion piece, that may not be as big a deal.

—Next, how do you want to wear a timepiece—loosely as in a bracelet, or more tightly? From what I have seen, the VCA piece would be worn more like a 5 motif, and while you can remove links from a 5 motif, I don’t know that you could from that watch. If not, I would be concerned that the watch face would end up on the bottom of your wrist as it would be heavier than the rest of the bracelet.

As someone who has a VCA 5 motif with pave, I will also add that if you cannot shorten it, consider whether the pave motifs flipping will bother you.

From photos, it appears that the Bulgari wears more tightly. Whether that’s a pro or con is down to individual preference, but the watch face would tend to be where you wanted it.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for weighing in!

I don’t intend either of these watches to be “daily drivers”, but I would like to wear them relatively often, let’s say 1-2x a week at least. I have a couple of steel watches that I would continue to use for work, errands etc.

Legibility is a concern. I’ve yet to see the VCA watch in person and I’ve never seen the pave Bulgari (I’ve seen the other versions which are quite legible). But I share your suspicion that the Bulgari will be more legible since it is a metal hand on a pave surface vs gold on shiny gold for the guilloche.

I like a tight fitting watch. I actually hate loose watches - I immediately have links removed every time a watch gets too loose. If I couldn’t get links removed and have the watch fit me snugly, it would be a deal breaker for me with the VCA, as would flipping of the motifs. I hate it and it drives me completely nuts.

I’ve tried on a friend’s Serpenti watch and it fits me really well, the kind of fit I want, snug and not likely to move around.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I blame PSers for leading me down the rabbit hole for branded jewellery! :roll2: :lol-2:

However, I knew this day would come sooner or later.

I have always loved Chopard's Happy Diamonds in hearts and also their Happy Hearts collections, and they are now within reach!

Probably a bracelet to start with.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
1. Might buy a starter oval. Goal is to end up somewhere around 9mm. Will take a while. I have one diamond from Blue Nile that I never wear that I can use for seed.

2. Other than that, I need a white gold curved band but it does not need to be expensive so I will probably achieve that one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results