shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2022

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm poor, or cheap. Poor and cheap. So my wishlist is to watch all of your wishlists come into being.
Don't let me down. :lol:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a wishlist per se other than to finally get my emmy set. But otherwise, I'm happy if I can stick to my new year's resolution: put a piece up for sale for every new piece I acquire.

That has been a plan of mine too. So far the acquisitions vastly outnumber the pieces I sell. Haha

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
I do have a long wish list in my notes app BUT realistically I’ll have to focus on just a couple of items.
I think this year will be the year to:

1) convert an unworn heirloom ruby earring into a pendant. (The other earring was converted to a ring this year.)

2) make my AVC solitaire a happy three stone

3) size my grandmas pretty retro diamond cluster ring so that I can actually wear and enjoy it.

Oooh…edit to add the 7mm akoya bracelet that I’ve been eyeing.

I’m sure the list will grow but those are at the top of my list.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few things on my list this year. This will be the last year for big purchases..
I have some bling mad money from Christmas. My birthday is tomorrow so I may have an equal amount from that. If I do I want to get an emerald cut diamond. It won’t be big but I want it to be the best balance of cut, color, clarity and size. I would ideally love a four carat but only in my dreams. At that point all my large purchases are done.
I also want to set my 2ctw rubellite garnet from Stag and Finch. I may use a setting I already have. I would have to reset the lab sapphire that’s already in it.
I may reset my ACA when I can figure out how to get it to David. The thought of sending it through the mail is scary. I may save that for next year.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I just want my ring DK designed for me! But that's up to my boyfriend since he's the one proposing :lol: It will have a 1ct LGD center and I plan on 10k yellow gold. l prefer the more muted color as well as the durability because I'm a self-proclaimed klutz.

Ring.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have two things on my wish list for 2022...

A moi et toi with a pink diamond pear and white emerald cut

Art deco vibe marquise ring with a double halo, inner halo to be onyx, black spinel, black diamond, or ??? black stone, modeled after a faux ring I bought for $15 at an estate sale when I fell in love with the design

If I achieve those two things I will be happy!

If I achieve ONLY those two things and NO MORE I will be VERY happy! :lol:

Can I add to my list?! I mean, it is January SEVENTH and I've had LOTS of time to think here in 2022... :bigsmile:

I only have THREE things on my wish list for 2022...

Art deco vibe marquise ring with a double halo, inner halo to be onyx, black spinel, black diamond, or ??? black stone, modeled after a faux ring I bought for $15 at an estate sale when I fell in love with the design

Diamond necklace. Kind of a "tennis necklace" but on the more casual side. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but I have an idea in mind. Just trust me, ha ha.

If I achieve those THREE things I will be happy!

If I achieve ONLY those THREE things and NO MORE I will be VERY happy! :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Can I add to my list?! I mean, it is January SEVENTH and I've had LOTS of time to think here in 2022... :bigsmile:

I only have THREE things on my wish list for 2022...

Diamond necklace. Kind of a "tennis necklace" but on the more casual side. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but I have an idea in mind. Just trust me, ha ha.

If I achieve those THREE things I will be happy!

If I achieve ONLY those THREE things and NO MORE I will be VERY happy! :lol:

I want to see the faux ring! Pictures please!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
My bling 2022 list is small, I am hoping to have a “minor damage” to the bank account year….

1. A pair of super ideal studs
2. A pair of GSS pearl studs
3. Some diamond huggie hoops, probably lab diamonds

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Set my Jeff White emerald cut Aquamarine with a pair of pink Morganite step cut traps that he had cut for me in a ring.
2. Set the 6 x 4mm lab/MMD MRBs I purchased from Dandi in a simple 3-stone flower stud setting.
3. Set the 2 x 6mm round OEC Moissanites I bought from Ouros as interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond D-shaped huggie earrings.
4. A pair of oval huggie earrings from the new eBay shop set up by my usual contact at the bench I use in China.
5. A larger pair of earring jackets for my near 1cttw diamond studs, most likely to be using 3mm Moissanites.
6. Set my Jeff White Asscher cut blue Zircon in an air gap halo ring setting.
7. Set Jeff White's lab emerald cut Emerald in a Ballerina style setting, probably with Moissanites.
8. A strand of blue Tahitian pearls.
9. A Paraiba cabochon.
10. A bigger blue green Tourmaline.
11. A nicer pair of tear drop Tahitian pearls as interchangeable drops.
12. A nicer pair of tear drop Cultured Fresh Water or baby South Seas white pearls as interchangeable drops.

Update on my bling wish list for 2022.

4. has been completed in that I bought the earrings last year as Crimbo present to myself.

I re-sent items for 1 to 3 to the bench in China in April 2022, and they are stuck in the post. :roll2:

DK :))

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update on my bling wish list for 2022.

4. has been completed in that I bought the earrings last year as Crimbo present to myself.

I re-sent items for 1 to 3 to the bench in China in April 2022, and they are stuck in the post. :roll2:

That sounds a bit nail-biting! Out of interest, how do you handle sending your items to your bench in China from the UK?

I use a chinese bench myself but only tend to have items coming one way - from there to here. If a have loose stones I have them make the setting and then get the stones set over here in the UK. I havent found a secure way to send precious items back in that direction in a way that means they are tracked and insured. And I always dread the idea of something going missing or getting caught in Chinese customs.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds a bit nail-biting! Out of interest, how do you handle sending your items to your bench in China from the UK?

I use a chinese bench myself but only tend to have items coming one way - from there to here. If a have loose stones I have them make the setting and then get the stones set over here in the UK. I havent found a secure way to send precious items back in that direction in a way that means they are tracked and insured. And I always dread the idea of something going missing or getting caught in Chinese customs.

Not particularly secure, just international tracked and signed, and hope for the best.

I would not call them big ticket items, like my 1.19ct EC, and I am using a bench in London for the re-set.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not particularly secure, just international tracked and signed, and hope for the best.

I would not call them big ticket items, like my 1.19ct EC, and I am using a bench in London for the re-set.

With the international tracked and signed option do you mention that the package contains jewellery? I seem to think that that service wont carry jewellery, but I didnt know if you could use the service without mentioning the contents on the paperwork. I had heard that its more tricky getting things into China than getting them out. I think I did send a setting back once to have it re-worked, and I think they recommended using EMS to get it back into China with minimal aggro. But it did take ages and I worried constantly about it going astray.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the international tracked and signed option do you mention that the package contains jewellery? I seem to think that that service wont carry jewellery, but I didnt know if you could use the service without mentioning the contents on the paperwork. I had heard that its more tricky getting things into China than getting them out. I think I did send a setting back once to have it re-worked, and I think they recommended using EMS to get it back into China with minimal aggro. But it did take ages and I worried constantly about it going astray.

Using a Chinese bench has its pros and cons. I have accepted certain risks as the norm.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick update now that we are in the second half of 2022!

The package I sent to China has yet to be delivered to the bench, however, it is showing up on tracking again, so it is alive and well.

Not on the list - I went ahead to re-set my 1.19ct E VS1 EC earlier than planned; hopefully, it will be ready soon!

Also not on the list - I have purchased a pair of mis-matched pearl drops, one Tahitian and one WSSP from Takahashi, and they are now on their way to me.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a SMTB thread? I need to know more.

If you have noticed I have zero thread so far, lol :twisted2:
It’s a customized oval half eternity bangle, 18k WG, 17 pieces of GIA DVS1, 5.13tcw (average 0.30ct) =)2

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
If you have noticed I have zero thread so far, lol :twisted2:
It’s a customized oval half eternity bangle, 18k WG, 17 pieces of GIA DVS1, 5.13tcw (average 0.30ct) =)2

It is beautiful! I’d love to see what you do if you do a second bangle.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The package I sent to my bench in China in April 2022 has finally arrived, which means I should be able to tick a few things off from my list this year; starting with setting my JW Aqua and Morganite traps in a ring.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I want some help picking out my next bling purchase. This will probably be my last bling purchase of 2022 since our funds went to traveling a lot.

1. a second pair of ideal cut diamond studs for my second piercing (BG probably)
2. a 18inch pearl necklace (Takahashi or Moline)
3. diamond inside out hoops (probably the ones from Costco)

I cannot decide what I want. :( I am leaning towards either of the two earrings, but a nice pearl necklace is just so classy!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want some help picking out my next bling purchase. This will probably be my last bling purchase of 2022 since our funds went to traveling a lot.

1. a second pair of ideal cut diamond studs for my second piercing (BG probably)
2. a 18inch pearl necklace (Takahashi or Moline)
3. diamond inside out hoops (probably the ones from Costco)

I cannot decide what I want. :( I am leaning towards either of the two earrings, but a nice pearl necklace is just so classy!

Assuming the 3 items are roughly the same price, I would rank them according to their bling per wear value, and get the one with the best bling per wear value first.

Looking at the list, I would wear the pearl necklace only very occasionally.

I don't have second piercing, and if I had, I would probably get LGD instead of earth-mined ones, or CSs etc...

Inside out hoops would be my choice as I am more likely to wear them in all sorts of occasions (you just gave me an idea about a D-shape inside out hoops!!! :lol-2:)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have sent enquiries to my usual bench in China as well as Ouros about a pair of 20mm oval or D-shaped inside out hoops.

Shelving Ouros at the moment as I don't want to pay for a CAD fee to see if they could do it. More importantly, I don't particularly want to engage them in custom work based on my previous experience of custom work with them that did not go well.

I sent a pair of round Moissy hoop earrings in 10K WG from Golden Bird made with 2 x 3 x 3mm stones to my bench in China, with the intention to make them into oval or D-shape hoops that would suit my ears better.

I have asked them to let me know if they could repurpose them into a longer pair of inside out hoops instead, to see if I like them. If I do, then I may move to LGD or earth-mined diamonds.

DK :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results