shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2022

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'd like to match Marjorie, and have an Uber-Bench make a pair of dormeuse earrings. Then I need a vintage rose gold trace chain, 18" to 20" for my rose capsule's pendants. That's it for new purchases.

But, as @Daisys and Diamonds said, the list of repair and re-do is quite long. I've got a ton of bits and bobs that need chopping and changing.

And the leftover pieces at the end of this year that don't fit in a capsule..... adieu to them!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would like to finish up some projects with Sako that I have had for a long time. I have 4 at the moment that need to be done, I think. They don't all need done next year, but I would like to finish some out.

I wanted a pair of WSS studs and I have those coming, but they will be here before end of year, I think.

I have emeralds to set into earrings, which I will probably do in 2022.

I had kicked around a larger stone purchase (above 4.5 in an old cut), but I don't think I really want to do that now.

I like the Paspaley lavalier a lot but I really don't wear necklaces much except for the Marla Aaron items with any regularity. It seems like a waste for something I won't wear probably.

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
There are a LOT of exciting planned projects here! I so understand @Daisys and Diamonds about making what you have wearable. :)

I already have 3 works in progress as this year is wrapping up. For 2022:

Set my AVR into a ring.

Maybe buy another unheated ruby or sapphire (around 1 carat or 2 carats).

Set a star sapphire cabochon into a ring.

Find another little Welo opal.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s rather long and quite impossible to fulfill but hey it’s a wish list right? :mrgreen:

1. OEC diamond ring with flowery facets, 9-10mm
  2. Old cut (OEC or old mine) diamond drop earrings
  3. Antique moval with halo ring
  4. Reset my CBI diamond into 3 stone ring (after 1 is achieved)
  5. MRB tennis bracelet
  6. OEC tennis or station bracelet
  7. Lavender jadeite bangle
  8. Blue jadeite bangle
  9. Jadeite bangle with some bright green
  10. Nice green cab jadeite ring
  11. Unheated blue sapphire ring (5-7 ct, oval)
  12. Unheated blue sapphire earrings
  13. Unheated ruby ring (at least 2 ct, or whatever I can afford)
  14. Unheated ruby earrings
  15. Round strong peacock Tahitian strand
  16. VCA WG Guilloche earrings
  17. VCA bracelet or bangle in WG (maybe only)
  18. Setting my small pile of loose stones
  19. Culling my collection
  20. A convertible tiara necklace (because this is a wish list!)

@icy_jade I love that you list 18 things then say "culling my collection" :lol-2: . So PS!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
And that's it for me! All my stones are used up and set at that point. I've completely stopped looking, browsing, trading, buying - all of it - and have for a while now. All my sets will be complete and I'm DONE.

I wish I could be in this place. It's just fun to browse but also dangerous!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Pics of the Aqua and Morganite traps and the inspiration ring I have (the Aqua is very clean, the pic with it on my hand is showing finger prints, DOH):

JW_Aquamarine_6.16ct_9.37x12.18mm.jpg JW_Morganite_Traps.png
20201201_092613.jpg vramjewelry_979054231100158097_1429986115.png

The 3-stone flower studs with 6 x 4mm lab/MMD round diamonds from Dandi with push backs:

1638956175227.png

The 6mm OEC Moissanite Drops, I want them to be as delicate as possible, so just a thin metal wrap around the girdles, they will have a second jump ring, so that they swing freely from the tiny diamond huggies like my paved diamond drops:

Capture3.JPG 20180907225058_2.jpg

DK :))

Oh my DK I would be so impatient to set that aqua and side stones - they are incredible!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I would like to recycle some pieces and set some stones, but it seems something different comes along that I love and they get pushed back - again. I don't have anything really specific; I just kind of love everything so if something strikes me then I work toward it. I love yellow gold and would like a 22k gold piece like a band. I am also on the hunt for a vintage two toned skinny band - very hard to find. One thing I would love to make is a ring that Dolly has made but with an antique style pair. The ring blew me away and since this is a "wish" list, if I could I would get her to create one for me. But it's more "fantasy list" because it ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

Edit to add photo. The one on her middle finger. WANT.

A4132FE3-8168-42AA-BC99-2658B0C2C4AA.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my DK I would be so impatient to set that aqua and side stones - they are incredible!

I had the Aqua since 2016, and am finally getting round to setting it.

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know, yet I don't. I don't really like the hunt (for me its is too time consuming) I just want things to fall into my lap. LOL. So if some natural yellow or orange-yellow diamond fell into my lap, I would be happy!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were going to buy more earrings (which I am not lol) these would be the next pair I purchase.

Swoon!

oecdropsgorgeous.png

These cost almost as much as my OEC studs. OMG why can't we have limitless funds.8)

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh fun!!
The pandemic has not been kind to my pocketbook but if 2022 shows me some love, I'd like to do at least some the following, in no particular order:

-I have a pretty green tourmaline from Barry Bridgestock that I'd love to set into a pendant. I remember him saying that he liked his square cushion stones kite set so I would do it that way to honor his preference. I have other small loosies that would be cute in stacking rings but those can wait.

-I have a pawnshop find that needs to be resized and repaired.

-My moissy studs aren't seeing any daylight so I might set those into a pair of solitaire bezel necklaces in white and yellow gold.

-A pair of custom hoops. I lost one of my favorite pair so I'd like to get them recreated in higher quality.

-I need to find the gumption to admit that studs aren't for me. I don't think I'm done upgrading yet but when I'm ready, my WF stones will go into drops. And if I get pearls, those will go into drops as well.

-I need to figure out where I'm headed with my WF upgrades. I told myself I would enjoy my 6mm Ks for now then upgrade them for smaller H's in the future but that turned out to be a lie lol. There's no going back. This place is terrible :lol:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly what I need to complete my collection, my only problem is my husband, haha :P2

These will definitely not all happen in 2022, but my goals are:

1. Upgrade studs to 3.2 ctw
2. Pink gold Cartier JUC bracelet
3. 36mm Rolex Datejust (two-tone steel and everose gold)
4. 2 eternity bands for my right hand (one rose gold, one platinum or white gold)

That's a reasonable list, right?? :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s rather long and quite impossible to fulfill but hey it’s a wish list right? :mrgreen:

1. OEC diamond ring with flowery facets, 9-10mm
  2. Old cut (OEC or old mine) diamond drop earrings
  3. Antique moval with halo ring
  4. Reset my CBI diamond into 3 stone ring (after 1 is achieved)
  5. MRB tennis bracelet
  6. OEC tennis or station bracelet
  7. Lavender jadeite bangle
  8. Blue jadeite bangle
  9. Jadeite bangle with some bright green
  10. Nice green cab jadeite ring
  11. Unheated blue sapphire ring (5-7 ct, oval)
  12. Unheated blue sapphire earrings
  13. Unheated ruby ring (at least 2 ct, or whatever I can afford)
  14. Unheated ruby earrings
  15. Round strong peacock Tahitian strand
  16. VCA WG Guilloche earrings
  17. VCA bracelet or bangle in WG (maybe only)
  18. Setting my small pile of loose stones
  19. Culling my collection
  20. A convertible tiara necklace (because this is a wish list!)

I just counted stuff i bought in 2021 and this list doesn’t look that long any more, considering that I didn’t actually list every single thing that I bought. :oops2:

Post in thread 'Bling Wish List 2021'
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bling-wish-list-2021.262546/post-5070102

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have two things on my wish list for 2022...

A moi et toi with a pink diamond pear and white emerald cut

Art deco vibe marquise ring with a double halo, inner halo to be onyx, black spinel, black diamond, or ??? black stone, modeled after a faux ring I bought for $15 at an estate sale when I fell in love with the design

If I achieve those two things I will be happy!

If I achieve ONLY those two things and NO MORE I will be VERY happy! :lol:

pietonne

Rough_Rock
This is a fun thread! I’m a relative beginner and am having a lot of fun building a fine jewelry collection of reasonably priced pieces. Posting here to memorialize my current thoughts, it will be interesting to see how this list changes over 2022!

2022 wish list:
1. 6mm OEC Moissanite stud earrings in white gold martini setting - I’ve actually already ordered these but won’t receive them until January.
2. Lab emerald necklace in yellow gold, perhaps a bezel pendant (I have a small blue topaz bezel pendant necklace that I love, but would want this to be chunkier).
3. Fun drop earrings, perhaps in citrine or prasiolite - waiting until parties come back to purchase these!
4. A cool gemstone and diamond right hand ring with some kind of colored, semi-opaque stone. The Instagram algorithm recently served me Emily Amey rings, which are gorgeous. Waiting to find the perfect candidate.
5. A bigger, better jewelry box
11889ED5-7767-4DD2-9C26-23EAD70DDC75.png 044C05D6-738B-4F1A-91CD-370DEE544E18.png A9BC8319-99F6-4ABC-8069-A69BF6F1B59F.png
Some inspiration pictures are attached…

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe it or not I STILL have my birthday money sitting in my bank account.
Normally there’s 5 things a week I could love and buy but now I have the funds especially for a significant piece, nothing is taking my fancy.
Ive thought about spending the 10k on setting my 2 x3 carat sapphires in earrings with diamond halo settings but here in Australia the cost of making plus fresh diamonds equals not as BIG as I’d like.
But 3 things I’m thinking of
1. white gold or Platinium Blue sapphire and diamond bracelet.
2. a big Blue Zircon ring, with diamonds.
3. a big semi Mount to suit either of my rubies.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my list is a bit of a to do list to

want to get all the resizing and restringing done

want to finsih my two pearl daisy necklases which are so close but will require a shop with Wen pearls

then (and i will need help) i want to try my hand at buying some loose stones

just baby steps so semi-presouse and when the dollar is to my advantage
first up i would like to be a smoky topaz to fit my vintage rose gold 9k find in mum's junk box
its currently set with either a synthetic tourmaln or more likely a piece of glass but i love the setting

then i need to get a rose gold chain to go with my smoky quartz pendent but will wait and see what the price of gold does as i need a heaver chain

then i need to track down some whitby jet beads and something like strawberry quartz to remake my two old jet necklases

apart from the chain nothing too outlandish price wise but i want everything i have to be wearable

thats my goal for 2022

What mm measurements do you need for your ring?
As it is well known that I have ahem… a few ….ahem….loose gemstones.

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
My 2022 Bling List:

*Finally get my old ring reset into a five stone trellis ring (unsure whether I want Rose Gold or Yellow Gold, but I’m tired of it sitting around collecting dust! :D )

*Buy an OEC - either for a pendant or ring (or both!) - I just need one in my life!

*Buy a bracelet for daily wear - Torn between a small 2 to 3cttw tennis bracelet and a DBTY bracelet. Leaning towards the DBTY as it would be more practical for daily wear.

*Buy a parti sapphire to have set in a bezel pendant.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What mm measurements do you need for your ring?
As it is well known that I have ahem… a few ….ahem….loose gemstones.

hmmmmm
i have no idea:lol-2:

i did buy an eelctronic measuring thingy though
i should really get it out of its packet
its that old 9k ring that probably has the glass in (as opposed to the syntethic tourmalin i kid myself is in there :lol-2:)
but i love the setting

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I have saved up a bit to get myself someting a bit bigger than I usually do. So now I finally have some funds, but it's actually harder for me to spend a bigger amount at once and much easier to keep buying little things I don't really need but think I need just because they sparkle. It is, I think, because when spending a bigger amount on one piece, all the money would then be gone at once (of course it would) and I would keep wondering if I should have gotten this or that instead.
What is on my wishlist is a pair of higher color, 2 to 3 ctw studs (well, it would probably be the 2 and 3 only in my dreams) to accompany my modern rings. I actually even consider old(er) cuts - I think I could well combine with the modern pieces - as long as they are "whiter" than my other (and smaller) old cut earrings. Or I could also go with modern round brillis. Questions, questions, questions. I also keep wondering if I should rather spend the savings on a very unique piece instead of something I could also get later. But then I might never get those studs... Also it would be difficult to find old cuts that size around here and I'm hesitant to buy overseas when it costs more than just a couple hundreds...

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
In the mail…

1. Grey moissanite ring
2. LGD ring for middle finger

Possible new…

3. 2mm gold bangle
4. Update my LGD AVR - the only DSS I have ever suffered

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I need to set an emerald I just picked up-- probably going to have it set as a ring.

Not specifically for 2022, but ideally, I'd also like to pick up:

1). Unheated & glowy paraiba
2). Unheated glowy ruby (might not get to this until 2023 tbh)

All I can think up off the top my head right now-- undecided about getting a spinel eventually.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Amazing list @dk168 - that aquamarine is going to be spectacular set.

Now that travel is open again (despite the red list snafu):
- Have the 3.5ct emerald cut diamond set in the setting that is already made and waiting in South Africa
- Set the 2ct oval with bullet side stones - setting also already made
- Figure out how to reset the OEC lab diamond I purchased (not sure yet)

New:
- Have a 3x3mm asscher diamond 3/4 eternity ring made (providing it is possible to find a matching suite of tiny Asschers)

A short list much of which is overdue.

May 2022 be kind to everyone’s bling dreams

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah. 2022 is gonna be my year to be disciplined and hold off until August. The only thing I would get before that is if the exact Rolex config came in, I would get it. Then I’ll see where I am mentally and decide what I want at that point.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to set my lab cushion sapphire in a beefy cluster with .20ct diamonds (probably lab), and hopefully receive my ruby and diamond earrings which were made months ago, but have been languishing in the US, stuck and unable to be shipped home to mama!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Realistically:

1. Convert my OEC cluster stud into dangles (ready for pick up sometime this week, they put the wrong hooks initially so the project stretched out to this year)

2. Antique starburst brooch (awaiting shipment)

3. White gold chain for my starburst brooch (Haven’t decided on a style yet, all I know is that it needs to be thick/heavy enough for the brooch)

4. Decide what I want to do with my crescent moon brooch. (Keep as brooch, learn to love the patina and just have the pin straightened out, convert to a pendant, convert to a necklace, or dun dun dun….have it polished and rhodium plated) or sell????

5. A nice medium sized jewelry box, leaning towards the black Caroline medium box from wolf or the hunter green embroidered one, if it ever goes on sale.

Unrealistically

1. An antique pear and a green stone (emerald?? Tourmaline? Looking for the most cost effective option without going the lab route) as a toi et moi. Full bezel with claw prongs, on high polish unplated white gold.

80E06223-FD2E-44A5-BFF9-798DFB3B91E4.jpeg

2B2

Rough_Rock
Realistically:

1. Convert my OEC cluster stud into dangles (ready for pick up sometime this week, they put the wrong hooks initially so the project stretched out to this year)

2. Antique starburst brooch (awaiting shipment)

3. White gold chain for my starburst brooch (Haven’t decided on a style yet, all I know is that it needs to be thick/heavy enough for the brooch)

4. Decide what I want to do with my crescent moon brooch. (Keep as brooch, learn to love the patina and just have the pin straightened out, convert to a pendant, convert to a necklace, or dun dun dun….have it polished and rhodium plated) or sell????

5. A nice medium sized jewelry box, leaning towards the black Caroline medium box from wolf or the hunter green embroidered one, if it ever goes on sale.

Unrealistically

1. An antique pear and a green stone (emerald?? Tourmaline? Looking for the most cost effective option without going the lab route) as a toi et moi. Full bezel with claw prongs, on high polish unplated white gold.

80E06223-FD2E-44A5-BFF9-798DFB3B91E4.jpeg

I love the pear and emerald combo.

-I have a pretty green tourmaline from Barry Bridgestock that I'd love to set into a pendant. I remember him saying that he liked his square cushion stones kite set so I would do it that way to honor his preference.

This hit me in the feels. I have a green tourmalin from Barry as well. It's a round though. It's currently set in a ring that I haven't worn for ages. Your post got me thinking that maybe I should reset it into something I would wear more often.

I don't have a wishlist per se other than to finally get my emmy set. But otherwise, I'm happy if I can stick to my new year's resolution: put a piece up for sale for every new piece I acquire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results