shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2022

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would start my wish list early, seeing I had planned to be made in 2021 did not materialise due to the package containing the stones I wanted to set got stuck in the postal systems for nearly 7 months! Not complaining, as I am VERY grateful for it and its content to be returned to me safe and sound.

I would lessen the risk involved in future, and send fewer items in one package.

So here is my Bling Wish List for 2022.

1. Set my Jeff White emerald cut Aquamarine with a pair of pink Morganite step cut traps that he had cut for me in a ring.
2. Set the 6 x 4mm lab/MMD MRBs I purchased from Dandi in a simple 3-stone flower stud setting.
3. Set the 2 x 6mm round OEC Moissanites I bought from Ouros as interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond D-shaped huggie earrings.
4. A pair of oval huggie earrings from the new eBay shop set up by my usual contact at the bench I use in China.
5. A larger pair of earring jackets for my near 1cttw diamond studs, most likely to be using 3mm Moissanites.
6. Set my Jeff White Asscher cut blue Zircon in an air gap halo ring setting.
7. Set Jeff White's lab emerald cut Emerald in a Ballerina style setting, probably with Moissanites.
8. A strand of blue Tahitian pearls.
9. A Paraiba cabochon.
10. A bigger blue green Tourmaline.
11. A nicer pair of tear drop Tahitian pearls as interchangeable drops.
12. A nicer pair of tear drop Cultured Fresh Water or baby South Seas white pearls as interchangeable drops.

What is on your Bling Wish List for 2022?

DK :))

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo that sounds divine! That is quite a list, and I can’t wait to see it unfold for you! <3

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Love your list, @dk168 and I can't wait to see other lists too!

Mine might be a but boring, but at this time I just intend on setting my .41 fancy intense orange yellow in a band and setting my 5 ct purple spinel with some silver spinel side stones.

That said, every time I say I've decided on "my plan" someone lists a preloved jewel that I just can't live without and I snatch it up. Lol

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine might be a but boring, but at this time I just intend on setting my .41 fancy intense orange yellow in a band and setting my 5 ct purple spinel with some silver spinel side stones.

That said, every time I say I've decided on "my plan" someone lists a preloved jewel that I just can't live without and I snatch it up. Lol

Oh boy, is this me. :lol: I have quite a few things to set but I always end up buying a new gem or something shows up on LT that I can’t resist. Lol

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have much of a list. That way, if I set something, I exceed my expectations and I’m happy! :mrgreen:

That being said, I do have two rings planned.
- Tanzanite ring in process now (may be done before 2022).
- Set my pink sapphire in a chunky blingtastic halo.

Anything else would be a bonus. I’m still on the lookout for my perfect cushion cut emerald (you know, in my budget). The only one I had my eye on has gone up a couple thousand in the last year.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I’m still waiting for you to do the olive ring! Hahaha!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I’m still waiting for you to do the olive ring! Hahaha!

You are right! But I have to buy more stones to do that one right so I was thinking of prioritizing projects I already have the stones for.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m keeping mine short!

Either…
Rose gold diamond inside out hoops
Or
Pear diamond studs

I also hope to upgrade my gem Akoya studs too :)

If things go swimmingly and I get a surprise windfall, a Cartier Trinity Ring which has been on my wishlist forever or the VCA frivole mini pendant in white gold

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have my Finewater lab sapphire I plan to set in a chunko cluster with lab diamonds. I'd also like some lab diamond studs.

You could have saved the 6 x 4mm ones and use them for a pair of stud earrings - that's what I am going to do with them! ;)2

I toyed with the idea of setting them into a bangle, however, I wear earrings more than I would with a bangle, so earrings they will be.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the Aqua and Morganite traps and the inspiration ring I have (the Aqua is very clean, the pic with it on my hand is showing finger prints, DOH):

JW_Aquamarine_6.16ct_9.37x12.18mm.jpg JW_Morganite_Traps.png
20201201_092613.jpg vramjewelry_979054231100158097_1429986115.png

The 3-stone flower studs with 6 x 4mm lab/MMD round diamonds from Dandi with push backs:

1638956175227.png

The 6mm OEC Moissanite Drops, I want them to be as delicate as possible, so just a thin metal wrap around the girdles, they will have a second jump ring, so that they swing freely from the tiny diamond huggies like my paved diamond drops:

Capture3.JPG 20180907225058_2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could have saved the 6 x 4mm ones and use them for a pair of stud earrings - that's what I am going to do with them! ;)2

I toyed with the idea of setting them into a bangle, however, I wear earrings more than I would with a bangle, so earrings they will be.

I had a pair of 1.10ctw ACAs from Whiteflash that I repurposed into a ring, and now I miss them! :lol-2: I'd like to replace them with solitaire studs in the 6mm region, they were a perfect size. But I do enjoy them in the ring more!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pink sapphire to set in a pendant and a ruby to set in a RHR.

after that I want to start saving up for a clash bracelet. I really love how it’s punky and feminine at the same time… I may end up changing my mind but it will take me a while to top up the bling fund :)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely list of items @dk168 , I hope you manage to achieve all if not most of them.
I have a small wishlist of items including,

1. lab diamond studs 1.5tcw
2.maybe a five or seven stone Anniversary ring, it’s my 30th Wedding Anniversary next year, so I would love a special piece of jewelry.
3. Would love an OEC piece of jewelry, possibly bezeled bangle . I would consider lab diamonds.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
1) A ring for my younger granddaughter with Jeff White's blue heat only Sri Lankan sapphire.
2) A pendant with Jeff White's lilac/pink unheated Umba sapphire for my daughter's SIL (my daughter's and my mutual project). I hope Jeff has more of rough like this, so I can have my own lilac/pink Tanzanian stone soon.
3) A cocktail ring with Jeff White's big blue aqua for my daughter (my daughter's and my mutual project).
4) A ring for ME with deep pink (some sellers would call it ruby) unheated sapphire from Madagascar that my daughter bought me as a present last year.
5) A ring for my daughter with heat only bright yellow Sri Lankan sapphire that I bought from one very lovely PSer (also a mutual project meaning).

I LOVE hunting for and buying colored stones, but I don't wear jewelry often these days. My daughter who is still living in SF Bay Area, CA will for sure wear pieces daily and make me very happy.

Hoping that 2022 is going to be better than 2020-2021 for all of us.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia good to see you are another fan of Jeff W's CSs!

It will be the first time since 2015 that I do not have a project with him in 2022, as I am determined to set the ones that he has already cut for me.

The 9mm round Rubellite that I set last year was the first of his to be set, and it was the first stone he cut for me back in 2015/6!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia good to see you are another fan of Jeff W's CSs!

It will be the first time since 2015 that I do not have a project with him in 2022, as I am determined to set the ones that he has already cut for me.

The 9mm round Rubellite that I set last year was the first of his to be set, and it was the first stone he cut for me back in 2015/6!

I believe he loves when his stones are set into something beautiful that is loved and used often. I feel bad asking for another stone before everything is set, but I want to have my own beautiful sapphire cut by Jeff very soon. I wish I didn't promise my daughter that we will create a pendant for her sweet SIL with THAT lilac/pink round sapphire. Jeff shared a video, and I loved the stone, but I wish I saw it before making any promises. My daughter visited us in Utah with her husband and their toddler when the package with 2 sapphires arrived via USPS, he (the husband) witnessed the box being opened and knew that one of the stones was for his sister's pendant. Now it is too late for me to "simply change my mind". His beloved sister is the best Auntie for my little granddaughter/her niece, her birthstone is sapphire, and she recently had a miscarriage (her first and only pregnancy :((). That's why my daughter and I decided to create something beautiful and meaningful for SIL's next Birthday in 2022. I console myself with the thoughts that every stone cut by Jeff White is gorgeous and I will love the sapphire he cuts for me later even more!

Interestingly, the only Jeff's stone we had set so far is also a rubellite! It was my second gem cut by him. My daughter paid for the ring made by Dan M (tourmaline is my birthstone). I broke my ankle in Nov. 2020, had a surgery and my baby wanted to cheer me up with something big and blingy :love:.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Mine is more a to-do list than a bling wish list for 2022:

1) Finish "paying back" for all the jewelry fun of 2021.

2) Go through jewelry for pieces to be de-cluttered, repaired or upgraded and prioritize.

3) Finish jewelry record with photo, description, receipt etc. of each piece.

4) Get smaller diamond appraised, then add to insurance.

5) Get stabilizer on tennis necklace to keep it from flipping.

6) Get better secondary diamonds and prongs on shield ring (from 2021 list).

7) 2 ctw moissanite stud earrings, bezel set 14k yellow gold (from 2021 list).

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not jewellery as such but I’m hoping to buy a Cartier solar Tank, if they ever become available (they were meant to be launched in September but covid has meant much delay). I’m also really hankering after a long pendant, I love the Magic VCA but now I’ve seen the Paspaley lavalier I think it might be more my style. Decisions, decisions……

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything on my bling wish list for this coming year.
But, right now, something blue flashed before my eyes.
So yes, I think I will be getting something blue and blingy in 2022.
I just don't know what.
My powers of precognition are sending me blue blingy vibes.

:)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing on my list as of now is to reset my lab diamond into either rose or yellow gold. Trying not to get distracted with other bling temptations in the meantime :pray:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s rather long and quite impossible to fulfill but hey it’s a wish list right? :mrgreen:

1. OEC diamond ring with flowery facets, 9-10mm
  2. Old cut (OEC or old mine) diamond drop earrings
  3. Antique moval with halo ring
  4. Reset my CBI diamond into 3 stone ring (after 1 is achieved)
  5. MRB tennis bracelet
  6. OEC tennis or station bracelet
  7. Lavender jadeite bangle
  8. Blue jadeite bangle
  9. Jadeite bangle with some bright green
  10. Nice green cab jadeite ring
  11. Unheated blue sapphire ring (5-7 ct, oval)
  12. Unheated blue sapphire earrings
  13. Unheated ruby ring (at least 2 ct, or whatever I can afford)
  14. Unheated ruby earrings
  15. Round strong peacock Tahitian strand
  16. VCA WG Guilloche earrings
  17. VCA bracelet or bangle in WG (maybe only)
  18. Setting my small pile of loose stones
  19. Culling my collection
  20. A convertible tiara necklace (because this is a wish list!)

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s mine!

1. A sapphire- still deciding between asscher and cushion (will most likely commission w Jeff White) set in a ballerina ring.

2. French cut diamond for a small bezel ring

3. Chunky antique 22k gold band.

4. set one of my smaller loose diamonds into a bezel pendant

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A silver and gold enameled locket with an AVR center (got the diamond center stone)

Platinum and diamond drop 'dinner earrings' (got all the diamonds)

Platinum and diamond necklace - using up all my remaining stones (got all the diamonds)

Emerald and diamond 3 stone (I have the sides)

And that's it for me! All my stones are used up and set at that point. I've completely stopped looking, browsing, trading, buying - all of it - and have for a while now. All my sets will be complete and I'm DONE.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would you kindly share photos of your stone? I've been stalking Leibish and Diamond by Lauren for colored diamonds! Have seen some desirable orange-yellow diamonds!!!!!!!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Would you kindly share photos of your stone? I've been stalking Leibish and Diamond by Lauren for colored diamonds! Have seen some desirable orange-yellow diamonds!!!!!!!

It's little and sealed in the GIA packet (for lack of the proper term) so hard to photograph. But here it is. First pic is the color my eye sees. 1538756617978308.jpg 20210129_145829_compress51.jpg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's little and sealed in the GIA packet (for lack of the proper term) so hard to photograph. But here it is. First pic is the color my eye sees. 1538756617978308.jpg 20210129_145829_compress51.jpg

Yum! Thank you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
my list is a bit of a to do list to

want to get all the resizing and restringing done

want to finsih my two pearl daisy necklases which are so close but will require a shop with Wen pearls

then (and i will need help) i want to try my hand at buying some loose stones

just baby steps so semi-presouse and when the dollar is to my advantage
first up i would like to be a smoky topaz to fit my vintage rose gold 9k find in mum's junk box
its currently set with either a synthetic tourmaln or more likely a piece of glass but i love the setting

then i need to get a rose gold chain to go with my smoky quartz pendent but will wait and see what the price of gold does as i need a heaver chain

then i need to track down some whitby jet beads and something like strawberry quartz to remake my two old jet necklases

apart from the chain nothing too outlandish price wise but i want everything i have to be wearable

thats my goal for 2022

2B2

Rough_Rock
Pics of the Aqua and Morganite traps and the inspiration ring I have (the Aqua is very clean, the pic with it on my hand is showing finger prints, DOH):

JW_Aquamarine_6.16ct_9.37x12.18mm.jpg JW_Morganite_Traps.png
20201201_092613.jpg vramjewelry_979054231100158097_1429986115.png

The 3-stone flower studs with 6 x 4mm lab/MMD round diamonds from Dandi with push backs:

1638956175227.png

The 6mm OEC Moissanite Drops, I want them to be as delicate as possible, so just a thin metal wrap around the girdles, they will have a second jump ring, so that they swing freely from the tiny diamond huggies like my paved diamond drops:

Capture3.JPG 20180907225058_2.jpg

my list is a bit of a to do list to

want to get all the resizing and restringing done

want to finsih my two pearl daisy necklases which are so close but will require a shop with Wen pearls

then (and i will need help) i want to try my hand at buying some loose stones

just baby steps so semi-presouse and when the dollar is to my advantage
first up i would like to be a smoky topaz to fit my vintage rose gold 9k find in mum's junk box
its currently set with either a synthetic tourmaln or more likely a piece of glass but i love the setting

then i need to get a rose gold chain to go with my smoky quartz pendent but will wait and see what the price of gold does as i need a heaver chain

then i need to track down some whitby jet beads and something like strawberry quartz to remake my two old jet necklases

apart from the chain nothing too outlandish price wise but i want everything i have to be wearable

thats my goal for 2022

Wow! The aqua piece will be stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results