shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Bling! 15 Carat Diamond Necklace - POLL!

Is this necklace too blingy for daily wear?!?

• Total voters

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, and think it would absolutely work with a button down/blazer/any work outfit. But also, if you love it (and I see why you do) who cares if its "too much " for some people?? Wear what you love :)

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
It looks stunning on you! Enjoy your beautiful necklace. It's not too much and would even look great with cute jeans, white tee and sandals.

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Looks gorgeous on you! I’d personally wear all the time. If you love it, wear it!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not too much at all. It's gorgeous and looks fantastic on you. I would wear it and enjoy it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Feeling comfortable with your jewelry is really just a state of mind IMHO. I wouldn't let other people's state of mind influence you on what you should wear. It's beautiful. Too much for me, but then again I sometimes wear a lot of pearls which might be too much for you. And let's not forget- the necklace is gorgeous.

This.

For me, it would not be something I'd wear daily (or at all honestly, I don't go to parties or fancy places) but it's all dependent on your life.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really beautiful. Can we see pics of you wearing the choker length? I wonder if being a little shorter might feel more casual.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous necklace. I will echo what @elizat said in that I would not wear this daily (wish I had the lifestyle/teacher).
But that said, jewelry, and all accessories, are a personal preference. You can definitely rock it! Me? Not so much :lol:

Laughing out loud that the vote is tied up right now, and 37 people say you can!! So I’d say it’s a yes! You can and should wear it!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous necklace. I will echo what @elizat said in that I would not wear this daily (wish I had the lifestyle/teacher).
But that said, jewelry, and all accessories, are a personal preference. You can definitely rock it! Me? Not so much :lol:

Laughing out loud that the vote is tied up right now, and 37 people say you can!! So I’d say it’s a yes! You can

This is too funny! I guess this confirms that there's no right answer!!! :mrgreen2:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 3.05.15 PM.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omgoodness. I literally swooned at the choker length!!!!! That is a resounding yes!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, All Jewelry is a waste of money if you don't wear it. Everyday is a special occasion till the day you die.

Beautiful! I agree with the others that whether or not this is appropriate for daily/daytime wear is purely up to your comfort level.

I’ve personally always subscribed to my mom’s philosophy: jewelry is meant to be worn and enjoyed. She had a beautiful collection, and every piece was worn (just not all at once!). Diamonds at the beach, the grocery store, the backyard... I think it’s a very glamorous attitude, and one that anyone can embrace regardless of zip code, lifestyle, social circle, profession, etc.

That said, there are probably a few situations in which this necklace would be in poor taste — say, while volunteering at a soup kitchen, or on the witness stand after your husband has been indicted for insider trading (unless you hate your husband).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and here it is at choker length. It goes from 16” to 14.8

E8B938C1-F9FF-4A12-AFEF-D6900BF1C7A8.jpeg 1305FC2C-EAC1-437D-8B9B-708E595372BF.jpeg 8A759917-6F7E-4424-A684-E9250CB2CADD.jpeg

I wear jean shorts and no sleeves almost every day
if i owned your DDG new diamond necklase I'd wear it every day and every where - if i didn't have hard water I'd wear it in the shower ! In the bath, cleaning the loo, emptying the kitty litter tray, pulling weeds in the garden, taking out the trash....
it will glam up the mundane and quite frankly the world needs it right now !
Make it your signature !
Rock those rocks !

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s really beautiful, and loved it when I saw it on Grace’s site. As we all know, PSers are a different breed when it comes to wearing jewelry. For a while I’ve been wearing the same things - a yellow gold Alhambra necklace, the matching diamond bracelet and my ER and a Cartier trinity ring. I always take my rings off at night, but leave on the necklace and bracelet. I forget that I’m even wearing them most of the time. We recently went on a week long bicycle trip and some of the other women gave me strange looks. Like “why would you wear that biking?”

And here I thought I was toning it down by leaving my ER at home and wearing an eternity band instead :lol:

So you may get some strange looks from gen pop, but do whatever makes you happy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, it depends on your lifestyle! It would be a very special occasion piece for me (like semi-formal+). For daily wear, I had a custom 17" platinum diamonds-by-the-yard necklace made by WF with 15 point stones. I can wear it with anything, plus I have a simple diamond pendants. I rarely have the occasion to wear a diamond necklace like that one. But if you dress up for work and blingy jewelry fits in that situation, or perhaps you have a lot of semi-formal social events, then I can see why you might be able to wear it more than I would.

Is it your ring that is on consignment with Grace now? I feel like I have read a discussion about that but I might have you confused with someone else. Why are you selling your ring?

Last edited:

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
As others have said, it depends on your lifestyle! It would be a very special occasion piece for me (like semi-formal+). For daily wear, I had a custom 17" platinum diamonds-by-the-yard necklace made by WF with 15 point stones. I can wear it with anything, plus I have a simple diamond pendants. I rarely have the occasion to wear a diamond necklace like that one. But if you dress up for work and blingy jewelry fits in that situation, or perhaps you have a lot of semi-formal social events, then I can see why you might be able to wear it more than I would.

Is it your ring that is on consignment with Grace now? I feel like I have read a discussion about that but I might have you confused with someone else. Why are you selling your ring?

You’re right that lifestyle plays a key role in the decision here. I do dress up for work and also go to some fancy events - but my goal was to get something I could wear daily, especially for the investment. I would say that my ring would be the most important “bling” spot, and I do worry that it will be too much with the necklace AND a large ring.

On that subject, yes that’s my ring with Grace! That’s something else I’m extremely torn about, even more so. I truly think the ring is the most gorgeous, stunning ring ever. My question really comes down to whether I’m a step cut person or a brilliant cut person. I never expected to own a step cut, but I fell in love with this antique asscher as well as the setting. Then I started questioning if a brilliant cut stone was more my vibe.

We’ll see what happens...leaving everyone with lots of cliff hangers over here :lol:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think it's too blingy for daily wear. I would totally wear it with my jeans and converse as equally as I would wear it for an important event. However, I wear my bling to the barn daily so I could be the wrong person to ask. Lol. It is beautiful! Enjoy it! :)

Bling to the barn is where it’s at!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I wear jean shorts and no sleeves almost every day
if i owned your DDG new diamond necklase I'd wear it every day and every where - if i didn't have hard water I'd wear it in the shower ! In the bath, cleaning the loo, emptying the kitty litter tray, pulling weeds in the garden, taking out the trash....
it will glam up the mundane and quite frankly the world needs it right now !
Make it your signature !
Rock those rocks !

This made me LOL - I love the way you think!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re right that lifestyle plays a key role in the decision here. I do dress up for work and also go to some fancy events - but my goal was to get something I could wear daily, especially for the investment. I would say that my ring would be the most important “bling” spot, and I do worry that it will be too much with the necklace AND a large ring.

On that subject, yes that’s my ring with Grace! That’s something else I’m extremely torn about, even more so. I truly think the ring is the most gorgeous, stunning ring ever. My question really comes down to whether I’m a step cut person or a brilliant cut person. I never expected to own a step cut, but I fell in love with this antique asscher as well as the setting. Then I started questioning if a brilliant cut stone was more my vibe.

We’ll see what happens...leaving everyone with lots of cliff hangers over here :lol:

Yes! True! I’m dying to see what you’ll do. Goodness. Your fabulous ring is with Grace. I remember you said that ring was too big. If you’re seriously considering an MRB, which will be your “most important boing spot” and are wondering if you want to wear both a significant MRB AND this significant diamond choker, maybe you should decide on your MRB wring before committing to this necklace. This necklace is very beautiful on you but it can’t be cheap. Don’t want to be stuck with a piece that expensive that doesn’t fit your needs. Whatever you decide, best of luck. I’m looking forward to see any outcome. Your options are all stunning and drool-worthy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trust me, I know the feeling. I ended up with a round and an antique asscher, but granted, they are not both 4 cts, either. It is hard to narrow it down to just one. I am sure I have told you that I absolutely LOVE your ring and I hope you keep it! Just get a round for a different anniversary!

As far as the necklace goes, for daily wear, I think a single row riviere necklace is far more wearable and classic. I think it could be worn with more casual things as well as with more dressy work clothes and for social events.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The necklace is beautiful!!

But... Okay, I’ll be totally honest, and this is just my personal opinion... It’s a generic design. Your ring, on the other hand, has a ton of personality. I get the “am I step cut person” question. You have to love your bling. Everyone else’s opinions can go pound sand.

I’ll ditto @LLJsmom and @diamondseeker2006 - I would sort the most important bling out first. Sounds like that’s the ring! Then you can build your collection to best suit your tastes and habits with that specific ring in mind ::)

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
I think the necklace is stunning and you wear it really well! If it makes your heart sing, please keep it. You have to celebrate important birthdays.

Only you know this - I’d be mindful about my physical security while wearing this necklace. There is so much crime going on. I’m just saying this as a person who noticed two 20-something men following me in a mall (I overheard them refer to my jewelry). Every hair on my arm was standing up. I managed to elude them, but now i am much more careful.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
The necklace is beautiful!!

But... Okay, I’ll be totally honest, and this is just my personal opinion... It’s a generic design. Your ring, on the other hand, has a ton of personality. I get the “am I step cut person” question. You have to love your bling. Everyone else’s opinions can go pound sand.

I’ll ditto @LLJsmom and @diamondseeker2006 - I would sort the most important bling out first. Sounds like that’s the ring! Then you can build your collection to best suit your tastes and habits with that specific ring in mind ::)

Thank you for this - your thoughts really strike a chord with me. Call it an “a-ha!”moment... :) I truly appreciate this perspective!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I think the necklace is stunning and you wear it really well! If it makes your heart sing, please keep it. You have to celebrate important birthdays.

Only you know this - I’d be mindful about my physical security while wearing this necklace. There is so much crime going on. I’m just saying this as a person who noticed two 20-something men following me in a mall (I overheard them refer to my jewelry). Every hair on my arm was standing up. I managed to elude them, but now i am much more careful.

I’m glad you brought this up. My husband said the same thing. For some reason I’m not as paranoid with my ring. Perhaps because I can hide that easier when needed. I’m a small person and this is absolutely something to consider...Thank you!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Trust me, I know the feeling. I ended up with a round and an antique asscher, but granted, they are not both 4 cts, either. It is hard to narrow it down to just one. I am sure I have told you that I absolutely LOVE your ring and I hope you keep it! Just get a round for a different anniversary!

As far as the necklace goes, for daily wear, I think a single row riviere necklace is far more wearable and classic. I think it could be worn with more casual things as well as with more dressy work clothes and for social events.

Thank you - I always appreciate your compliments on my ring! And I think you’re right about the type of necklace that might be closer to what I intended.

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
I’m glad you brought this up. My husband said the same thing. For some reason I’m not as paranoid with my ring. Perhaps because I can hide that easier when needed. I’m a small person and this is absolutely something to consider...Thank you!

You’re so welcome. I’m little too and such an easy target (but I try to be as aware of my surroundings as possible!). Hope you stay well and safe :)

Oh, and happy birthday!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results