carat
color
clarity

Bittersweet........

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh. This photo took my breath away.

@canuk-gal I'm so sorry for your loss :(sad Your beloved jeweller did your mother's treasure justice, it's so beautiful. I hope you find lots of occasions to wear it, and I hope that you smile every time you put it on ❤️

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you were able to get her ring restored to it’s former beauty. It looks wonderful now, like a ring fit for royalty!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a wonderful way to remember your mother and your treasured memories. I’m so sorry for your loss and hope this brings you some measure of comfort.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, it has passed me by that you lost your mother & I feel like a really bad friend :cry: I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news. What a hole in your heart you must have. Sending you lots of hugs.

Now the ring. It is a glorious, huge & happy piece filled with all the colours of the rainbows. It's so unusual & I can see why you were nervous to have it restored, but it looks absolutely perfect & they did a fabulous job.

I hope it brings you joy, warmth & comfort xx

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My deepest sympathies to you and yours. Losing a mom (or any parent) is so difficult.
I’m so happy for you that your jeweler was able to repair your mom’s ring for you. May wearing this beautiful heirloom piece being you much comfort. They did a fabulous job!!!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Wear her with a smile, remembering all the good times.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As some of you know, I lost my wonderful, sweet, beautiful Mother on March 5, 2022. She was truly the sun in our lives. I miss her terribly and most days I cannot believe she is gone. :(sad

I inherited some of her jewellery and one piece in particular--an opal ring--was greatly loved and worn....and in significant disrepair. I took it to the best bench I know a jeweller I've dealt with for decades and one who makes all my custom pieces and also where I buy many handmade earrings from. I was nervous it might be beyond repair, but I after a consult I was given hope. I really love these folks and I could not trust this ring with anyone else. The ring was in the shop for 5 weeks while various processes took place. Unsetting the opal, repolishing the stone retipping, (etc etc) and transforming the broken ring back to its former glory. I picked up the ring today and it was all I could do not to sob in the shop. I had it resized to wear on my middle or index finger as it is a very large ring.

I am sorry that I am inept in resizing photos and that they will likely be unnecessarily large. Thank you for reading.

opal 1.jpg opal 2.jpg opal 3.jpg opal 4.jpg

THUD!!!♥️♥️♥️
May you wear this gorgeous ring in good health and may it bring you wonderful memories. Your mom is always with you in your heart and it’s beautiful you have her ring as a tangible memory. (((Hugs)))

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry in the loss of your mom. So glad you have such a beautiful treasure by her that was able to be restored and brought a few tears as you remember your mother.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As some of you know, I lost my wonderful, sweet, beautiful Mother on March 5, 2022. She was truly the sun in our lives. I miss her terribly and most days I cannot believe she is gone. :(sad

I inherited some of her jewellery and one piece in particular--an opal ring--was greatly loved and worn....and in significant disrepair. I took it to the best bench I know a jeweller I've dealt with for decades and one who makes all my custom pieces and also where I buy many handmade earrings from. I was nervous it might be beyond repair, but I after a consult I was given hope. I really love these folks and I could not trust this ring with anyone else. The ring was in the shop for 5 weeks while various processes took place. Unsetting the opal, repolishing the stone retipping, (etc etc) and transforming the broken ring back to its former glory. I picked up the ring today and it was all I could do not to sob in the shop. I had it resized to wear on my middle or index finger as it is a very large ring.

I am sorry that I am inept in resizing photos and that they will likely be unnecessarily large. Thank you for reading.

Oh Sharon, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Mother. This time of year is especially hard but you do have a remarkable remembrance that I hope eventually brings you love and peace. It is a fabulous ring, so gorgeous and I'm so glad you were able to have it repaired. My heart is with you today.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous @canuk-gal! :love: I'm really glad you have such a precious heirloom. Such a beautiful way to keep your mother's memory close and I hope this ring brings you comfort and peace in the days ahead. Sending love and hugs on such a bittersweet day. <3

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring!
I'm sorry for your loss.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m so sorry Sharon! The ring is gorgeous and I’m so glad you were about to restore it and will always have it to remind you or your Mom…and hopefully, bring a smile to your face!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous opal! I hope you wear it in good health for many years and wonderful memories of your mother. I am so very sorry for your loss.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is unusual and beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss that came with the ring. The love in the story and your heart for your mom is beautiful. I hope it brings your joy and can feel her near when you look down and see it.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. However, you will not only carry her in your heart now, but she will be a very visible and beautiful memory of her. The ring is gorgeous and will keep your mother close.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww.. Sharon.. I'm so so sorry about your mom passing away. What you wrote about her was so sweet and full of love. You are truly honoring her and carrying on her loving tradition by being just the same way.
It's funny (sad/funny) my mom passed away last fall and whenever I wear her jewelry it does make me feel very connected to her. In fact for Mother's Day today I'm wearing her wedding bands. Very bittersweet as you stated.
And now onto the ring. Wow!! What a piece.. an absolute beauty. How wonderful that you were able to get it restored to its full glory and now can bask in the love and memories that it represents to you.
Thinking of you and your loss.. my true condolences.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Sharon, I am so sorry for your loss. You're such a wonderful person and I send you my deepest condolences.
It's wonderful to see this beautiful ring and to know it reminds you of your beloved mother.

Sending you warm hugs and best wishes across the miles ❣️

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful way to honor her. I'm sorry for your loss and wishing peace and comfort for you. <3

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Both ring and meaning behind it are beyond beautiful, @canuk-gal ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
May the day full of smiles when looking at that stunning ring come sooner than later for you. Tight hugs to you❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

I am so sorry for yourself loss, @canuk-gal. Beautiful, sentimental ring. Wear it in good health.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring is absolutely beautiful. She had great taste and so do you. May her memory bring you happiness and comfort every time you see it!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship. I hope that when you look at that stunning opal you will have fond lasting memories. It is gorgeous and you wear it well! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a treasure! I just love opals, and your jeweler did a fabulous job. I’m so sorry about your mom. Thinking about you my friend.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. This is a lovely way to remember her <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss, Sharon. I hope you will feel some comfort wearing your mother's beautiful ring. Many hugs to you.

Thank you. I appreciate the virtual hugs!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring, I can see why your Mom would have worn it so much, and why you love it too -- it looks a happy ring and must hold a lot of lovely memories already -- so glad you have the comfort and beauty wearing it will provide you.

Thank you. Now you say it, it is a happy ring! Happy and memorable for us.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the loss of your mother. It’s a grief like no other.
What an incredible opal! I hope wearing it brings you joy and warms your heart in remembrance of her.

Thank you. A grief like no other; sadly yes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs and healing wishes. Your mother's ring is beautiful, may it bring you comfort.

Thank you. Kindness matters, and I sincerely appreciate your warm comments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results